[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

heh... leave souls to me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 14

File: og_image.jpg (181KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og_image.jpg
181KB, 1200x630px
heh... leave souls to me.
>>
nothing personell, kid
>>
>>376995463
I'm legitimately interested in this game. From what I've seen they seem to have smoothed out a lot of the issues that Lords of the Fallen had. Shame no real discussion can be had here without retards screaming shill and just shitposting in general.
>>
>>376995581
It's all the Fromdrones thinking any souls game not made by their dear company is automatically shit
>>
>>376995686
>>376995581
The game was made by germans. If that wasn't an indicator that it's shit I cant help you.
>>
>>376995686
I mean to be fair Lords of the Fallen did handle like ass and was mediocre at best, so there's gonna be some immediate negativity towards it. But I've watched a bunch of gameplay videos of this one and they seem to have nailed it. Some people are even comparing it to Bloodborne.
>>
>>376995779
See what I mean?
Sure, LotF was legit shit, but the surge actually looks like they fixed everything and added new stuff
>>
>sci-fi game
>can only use spears, axes, hammers and claws

Into the trash
>>
>>376995581
Ok, tell me what you thought of it.
>>
From the few vids I've seen, it still looks like bargain bin souls clone.
>>
>>376996004
I haven't played it yet ya dingus, I'm talking about what I've seen from gameplay videos.
>>
>>376996053
Ok... What did you think of those? Why were you interested?
>>
>>376995963
This. Who the fuck though this was interesting? Who wants to play as a generic male with a stupid looking exoskeleton?

Truly wasted the opportunity to bank on the sci-fi Souls game everyone is waiting for.
>>
File: the surge.png (152KB, 804x900px) Image search: [Google]
the surge.png
152KB, 804x900px
I'm going to buy it on launch, unless it runs like utter dogshit. The focus on fighting actually challenging regular enemies and not shitty gimmick bosses is the most interesting aspect of the game for me.
>>
>>376996362
HOW'S HE GONNA EAT A BRICK OF GOLD YOU FUCKING IDIOT
>>
>>376996189
Combat seems really smooth, still a bit slower than DaS or BB but very responsive. I like the BB-style dash dodge move.

Implants seem numerous and varied and offer a lot of customization.

Targeting specific limbs to cut them off for the weapon/armor attached to them is really cool.

Level design seems complex and interesting with all kinds of shortcuts and looping-around. Though I do hope there is more than just an industrial factory.

All in all it just looks like a solid game. My biggest fear is that it'll go downhill after the first area, which is all I've seen.
>>
>>376996401
Pure gold is chemically inert and corrosion resistant. He could hack it with a steel axe and eat the smaller pieces, then shit them out. If I was given a possibility to get a brick of gold for free on the condition that I eat it, I would do exactly that.
>>
>>376996439
I'm hoping there are upgrades for your legs but I'm sure the focus will be on power and armor; that's fine too I guess, but I want to be sanic fast.
>>
Coming so soon after Prey is keeping me away from this. Too much industrial scifi for me right now
>>
>>376996562
I'm not sure about leg gear specifically, but the dual fist-type weapons have a really fucking fast moveset.

Also I think that certain light gear sets give you some kind of speed bonus but don't quote me on that.
>>
>>376995463
The worst thing about the surge is the ugly art direction.
>>
>>376996621
First one is reasonable, I'll probably roll with that on my first run; Ireally hope you're right about the second thing.
>>
File: lead_large.jpg (68KB, 615x376px) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
68KB, 615x376px
>>376995963
>sci-fi game
>can only use spears, axes, hammers and claws
>bad
That's the best kind of sci-fi.
>>
>>376996479
>Not asking for a to-go bag and just not eating it
plebs.
>>
>>376996738
AM I ALIVE?
>>
>>376996738
>I must not preorder
>preoder is the shillbringer
>I must not preorder
>preoder is the shillbringer
>>
>Can only play as Beef Largehuge
I wish they'd do proper character customization like Souls cause I like making all kinds of different characters with different themes and builds but I'm still interested enough. Hope it'll surprise me and be really good.
>>
>>376996982
Yeah I think they fucked up by having a set MC. He does at least seem more interesting than the neanderthal from LotF but that's not saying much.
>>
>>376996982
I'm sorry you can't be a joke character or a woman, but you have to try and understand what they're going for; they want some ounce of testosterone to pump through that little body of yours.
>>
The combat looks like rubbish, and design doesn't seem that interesting.
>>
>>376996982
>>376997037
>I want to make waifus and masturbate to her baboon tier ass in a skimpy outfit
Fuck off, weebs. Dragon's Dogma has shown what happens when you give players an in-depth character editor. Better have no editor than have your game associated with pedophiles and perverts.
>>
>>376996332
>Truly wasted the opportunity to bank on the sci-fi Souls game everyone is waiting for.
not an argument
>ever
>>
>>376995581
The weapons dont have the same depth as souls though which sort of ruins it
>>
>>376996982
>Wanting a literally who developer to make a character customizer.
Maybe your just setting the bar alittle high for a company that is only known for blundersouls-clone.
>>
>>376996479
The weight would kill you.
>>
>>376995463
>chainsword
I kinds want it just because i can pretend this is a sequel to space marine
>>
>>376995779
This anon is right, all the axis powers make shit games.
>>
I think mechanically it looks quite good. The problem comes in with the animation and artstyle. The bulk on all the weapons and armour looks retarded, and none of the animations have any acceleration so they look powerless and weird. The dodges are especially bad because of how fucking huge they are with almost no character animation, it just looks like he quickly floats.
>>
>>376996982
No mutliplayer so who cares what your character looks like? I'm sure the devs didn't want to waste time/money on a shitty character creator. Would it have been nice? Yeah. Is it that big of a deal? Eh, not really. I'm more concerned about combat, customization, level layout, etc.
>>
>>376997162
>DD
>bad characters
Holy shit fuck off you no fun allowed faggot
>>
>>376997318
Good tidings, fellow citizen.
>>
>>376997162
I've literally never created a waifu. In fact I typically make relatively generic tough guys. My point is just that it would add some depth and replayability.
>>
>>376997162
>1% are bad and therefore all are bad
So stop playing video games since 1% dies from playing too much

Hypocritical moron.
>>
>>376996738
A Soulsborne game in a Dune like setting would be ace.

But the Surge just looks like Dead Space with no guns
>>
>>376997339
>The dodges are especially bad because of how fucking huge they are with almost no character animation, it just looks like he quickly floats.
You have no clue what you're talking about. Google tai-sabaki and look at some high level shotokan karate practitioners in comprtitions.
>>
Surge gives me some Starship Troopers vibes.

The book at least, never seen the comedy movie adaptation
>>
>>376997493
You're missing out.
>>
>>376997443
Are we talking about real life or a game? Are we talking about shotokan or a man wearing a giant fucking exosuit jumping a good 5 metres with no animation?
>>
>>376995963
>sci fi
You know, somekind of far future sould game would be interesting
>Scholars find a way to prolong the age of flame
>They pass this knowledge to the next generations
>This makes possible for the humanity to progress for thousands of years into some sci-fi era
>The first flame or the "furnance" is in some top secret underground area under 24/7 surveillance
>But the fading was happeneing all the time, it was just extremely slowed
>It reaches a point where the curse takes effect
>humanity goes hollow again
>>
>>376996738
>battle starts with nuclear strike
>ends with two guys in a knife fight

Truly the best sci-fi kino. I would love a game that mixes old and new technology concepts in a balanced way. The old Phantasy Star games immediately come to mind.
>>
>>376997545
The exosuit exists to ENHANCE muscle strength, not hinder it. A person in a sufficiently advanced exosuit would actually jump higher and run faster, than a person without one.
>>
>>376997540
I'll watch the movie if you read the book. It's fairly short.

Some of it is damn near prophetic to the current times and where were heading
>>
File: justSURGE.jpg (72KB, 1029x497px) Image search: [Google]
justSURGE.jpg
72KB, 1029x497px
>main character canonically has the JUST haircut
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>376997661
Sure, the distance isn't the problem, at least in terms of animation. The animation just looks really stale without any acceleration or movement. Realism isn't as important as good design.
The distance becomes the problem when it also has the added effect of making dodges awkward and clunky when fighting in tighter areas, which a lot of the time the game is in.

It looks like shit.
>>
Is this the new Call of Souls: Advanced Shillfare?
>>
File: 1477810841239.jpg (1MB, 1004x1477px) Image search: [Google]
1477810841239.jpg
1MB, 1004x1477px
>>376997765
And i will start reading it right now, it was in my backlog long enough. Enjoy the movie, my man.
>>
>>376997805

I mean it's kind of supposed to be all fucked up.
>>
>>376997985
https://7chan.org/lit/src/Starship_Troopers_-_Robert_Heinlein.pdf

Should I also download the animated movie? It looks pretty low budget
>>
>>376997985
>>376997765
There's an audiobook version that is also damn good. You guys might want to check it out
>>
Is there a reason why the main weapons arent guns?
Instead of making a dark souls clone they couldve made the new dead space clone
>>
>>376998338
As far as I know, it is because the game takes place at a massive construction site.
>>
Oh a metal hallway.
Oh a metal hallway.
Oh a metal hallway.
>>
>>376995463

It actually looks pretty fucking fun, or at the very least enjoyable.

But I'm a Science-Fiction biased bitch.

So take my shit with less then a grain of salt.
>>
>>376996738

Except Dune actually had guns and lasers. Cryo's game got it right in that you could shoot the fuck out of opposition unless they had a force field on.
>>
>>376998338
You and everyone else are workers in a giant scrapyard/industrial complex/research facility, all the exo suit stuff is for construction, breaking shit down, moving heavy things, tools rather than military hardware. Supposedly there are some projectile weapons, but they haven't been shown yet as far as I know.
>>
File: letitdie.png (888KB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
letitdie.png
888KB, 1067x600px
Isn't Let It Die already the sci-fi Dark Souls?
>>
>>376998502
>all the exo suit stuff is for construction
>claws and spears

You lost me
>>
>>376998589
Not him but the starting weapons are like forklift arms and giant pistons and shit. I think later on you fight actual security dudes and can take their shit.
>>
>>376998396
so theres no nail guns?
No thermic lances?
No rivet gun?
Come on now dead space also had an industrial setting and they were able to come up with a good amount of ranged weapons
>>
>>376998652
>security dudes
>no guns

That just raises more questions
>>
>>376996690
This so much, every weapon I saw looked like dogshit. That's a huge turn off for me, Souls looked great looking all the way back to DeS with their art direction. But they really shit the bed with the character design in The Surge.
>>
File: thesurge-09.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thesurge-09.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376998718
Nigger I don't know why they don't have guns. If you don't want sci-fi melee combat then don't play the game. I don't really care though because pic related looks rad as fuck.
>>
>>376998718
All the people involved are corporate property, corporations detest profit loss and as you can imagine exosuits aren't cheap, to mitigate damage they use melee weapons that are electronically charged, much like a cattle prod.
>>
I won't play it just because I hate the exo skeleton thing. Why couldn't you just be a fucking robot?
>>
>>376999067
mechs are also boring as fuck
might be a decent game though, we'll see
>>
>>376995463
this game is fucking awful
at least they knew they couldnt sell it for $60
>>
>>376998718
>>376998704
Like I said, they confirmed there are projectile weapons, but they haven't been shown yet.

"So the focus is on tactical melee combat. We’re working on a ranged combat system, it’s not something we really wanted to show for the demos. It’s coming along really well but we did not want to dilute the system too much. You’ll have some unique melee weapons and you’ll have some unique ranged weapons. Things like nail guns are not out of the question, as long as it’s dystopian, industrial style stuff there is a lot of room to determine what kind of mechanics you use, how to theme them and we’re moving forward with that."
>>
>>376999106
Robot is sure as hell a lot cooler than some schmuck wearing an exo skeleton.
>>
How could you possibly want to play this game with those absolute dogshit animations, there's no weight, momentum, visceral-ness, etc to anything.

Does this not bother people? Games like Bloodborne, Souls, Dragons Dogma, etc wouldn't be nearly as well received if you fucking swooced everywhere like you seem to in this game.
>>
>>376999106
Androids would've been better, frankly.
>>
>>376999156
Shit anon how'd you get an early copy?
>>
>>376999189
>they confirmed there are projectile weapons, but they haven't been shown yet.

You get a drone a little while into the game, but it seems to be more of a utility than an actual weapon, like for pulling enemies and shit.
>>
>>376997203
>Souls weapons
>depth
>hurr forward horizontal slash
>hurr forward vertical slash
>lmao breakdance move
>>
>>376999067
nah they should have made you an extremely modified cyber organism
like the only organic parts in its body are the brain and the skeleton and everything else is hardware built around it
make it have some connection to losing humanity and making gameplay elements out of it
make it like EYE
>>
>lords of the fallen devs

kek

Are you really that desperate for more Souls?
>>
>>376999445
>make it have some connection to losing humanity

That's cliche as fuck though. I mean I don't know if they're doing anything better but come on.
>>
>>376999489
A lot of settings are cliche

The only thing that matters is if it's done well
>>
>>376999189
that only begs the question of why would they not want to demo the ranged system for their game?
Could it be that because it is a souls clone they are not putting much effort into the ranged combat?
>>
>>376996982
To be fair there are going for a story with him being the protagonist. Considering you start the game in a wheelchair he is gonna be a character so I'm hoping Warren being, well himself is gonna be important.
>>
>>376999569
I guess that's true. I can't deny that I like the idea of being a fully customizable android/cyborg. Unfortunately they seem pretty bent on having generic tough human dudes as their MC.
>>
>>376998828
They should call this "just souls"
>>
>>376998520
It's more a modern day Souls for me.
>>
>>376995581
I'm not. just from the gameplay demos i've watched the combat is just as fucking slow and weightless as their first game.
I honestly stopped playing the game after 2 hours because of how fucking slow and floaty the animations are.
>>
>>376999189

There ARE rivet guns and handheld lasers but they're tied to specific weapons and while I've seen enemies use them in gameplays I'm not sure if you can use them. The rivet gun for example mentions it's locked for people without the right permissions so maybe you unlock that later? Still the drones serve not only as ranged options but can also knock down and pull-in enemies which actually opens up a few interesting options. Hell the combat gameplay even showed the drone pulling in an enemy closer so the player can knock them off a ledge when they're stumbling.
>>
>>376999439

Retard
>>
I fell for the shills once and bought Lords ofthe Fallen.
This time ill wait for the crack and maybe get it on sale.
>>
5 B O S S E S
B
O
S
S
E
S
>>
>>377000031
Given you get blueprints and weapons by chopping them off your enemies if they have it then probably you can get it too.
>>
>>376996562
Do you mean being able to cut off a dudes legs for his armor piece? Because you can do that, I was watching a video and someone finished the heavy armor starter set by attacking one of the big hammer guys and taking his leg off.

Is there iframes in this game? I can't tell
>>
>>377001331
It seems that there aren't really? It's hard to tell but you do have dedicated crouch/jump dodge so it seems to be more about space than i-frames.
>>
>>376997162
Cmon anon, there are tons of people that like making their own guy that aren't doing it for waifu purposes. I personally hate playing as a female character and I wouldn't mind making my own guy. If the story is good enough to warrant not just allowing a blank slate I won't mind it though.
>>
>>377001410
That's probably a smart choice desu, iframes is definitely froms thing and it seems like surge wants to go for a more gutteral visceral approach with their combat. I really really like the slow mo finishing move and the sneak attack.
The combat looks really weighty, but not in the shitty floaty way LotF was
>>
>>376995686
>It's all the Fromdrones thinking any souls game not made by their dear company is automatically shit

then explain why they like Nioh?
>>
>>377001606
Well the weapons are pieces of equipment and tools rather than weapons so most of them are unwieldy even in a exo-suit.

Interestingly enough it seems the DEDICATED weapons like the shock-staves the guards use are much faster, guess it makes sense.
>>
>>377001606
>it seems like surge wants to go for a more gutteral visceral approach with their combat

not with those garbage animations it's not

>combat looks really weighty
https://youtu.be/GJEclkMwKk8?t=2

you call that floaty shit 'weighty'? Ignore the faggot commentator
>>
File: surgengplus.jpg (163KB, 728x682px) Image search: [Google]
surgengplus.jpg
163KB, 728x682px
>NG+ in The Surge not only scales enemy health and damage but also rearranges enemy placement and adds stronger enemies to earlier areas
>It also offers new weapon and gear tiers up to NG+++, as well as new secrets

Thank. Fuckin'. God. This literally made me want to buy this game day one.

Why is Dark Souls 2 the only game other than this one to actually change a few things once you go to NG+? It's not that hard...
>>
>>377001801
>floaty
I'm honestly not seeing it. Seems pretty solid to me.
>>
File: 1494226015950.jpg (89KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494226015950.jpg
89KB, 750x750px
>>377001967
>Thank. Fuckin'. God. This literally made me want to buy this game day one.
>>
>>377001801
They mo-capped animations with a dude waving heavy pole, guess it is not enough for such animations connoisseur like you.
>>
>>377001967
Pfft, don't you know DS2 was the WORST GAME ever and everything it did is TRASH because it did't came with Miyazaki's name on it? Therefore everything it did should be scrapped forever!

Also that means extra work and attention.
>>
>>376995779
such a great day for "no a true scotsman"
>>
>>377002140
>They mo-capped animations with a dude waving heavy pole, guess it is not enough for such animations connoisseur like you.
The could have mocapped your mom and I wouldn't care, because the result is shit.
The game looks bland, floaty and generally unappealing and garbage.
I dont care how they achieved the garbage look, when it ends up being garbage all the same.
>>
>>377002150

Dark Souls 2 is the worst of the Souls game to me, but yeah, it had some nice features that could have been used in the sequel / Bloodborne, like the way they treated NG+ and dual wield.
>>
>>377002084
>>377002140
what

what the fuck do you consider animation like Dragons Dogma and Bloodborne then. Every swing of any weapon in Bloodborne, Kirkhammer especially looks and feels extremely fucking weighty and you can tell the Hunter is putting his whole body into every move.

the animation is surge is trash, compare the surge character waving his arm about to: https://youtu.be/XAYvsqpyH_M?t=56

you honestly think the surge animation is tolerably compared to that?
>>
>>377002205
>hurrr generic negative words, the game is bad because I say it's bad

Sounds to me like you just don't know how to have fun m8.
>>
>>376996043
That is the prefect description, familam. completely agree.
>>
>>377002281
>looks and feels extremely fucking weighty and you can tell the Hunter is putting his whole body into every move.
that's exactly what gameplay from the surge looks like to me. it's a dude lugging around huge industrial power tools and swinging them like they're heavy.
>>
File: 1476661772102.jpg (99KB, 585x790px) Image search: [Google]
1476661772102.jpg
99KB, 585x790px
>>376998520
is this fun? i just finished nioh and im looking for something
>>
>Bloodborne has guns
>Nioh has guns
>this sci-fi game doesn't

lol
>>
>>377002698

It has drones that shoot enemies at your command.
>>
>>377001967
nioh has done this since launch, and recently added a ng++ mode that further shakes things up, this is not new
>>
>>377002698
When's the last time you saw a gun at a construction site you dingus.
>>
File: rules of nature.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
rules of nature.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>377002581
you either have absolutely no fucking standards or no sense of motion
>>
>>377002786

Nioh NG+ changes enemy placement? I thought it only changed the gear you get and added the enhanced guardians thing.
>>
who cares about ranged combat in souls like game? it always sucks and its only good for a easy pull or finisher which youre drone can do.
>>
What was bad about Lords of the fallen? I didn't follow its launch
>>
Souls is garbage though the whole series included
>>
>>377002875
it slightly reworks enemy placement (or just adds +enemies to certain spots/makes the stronger variants show up earlier)
>>
>Only 5 bosses in the whole game
>Boring sci-fi setting with no monsters
>Lords of the Mediocre dev

No thx.
>>
>>377002660
wtf is that Tom Scott? I am so confused.
>>
I'm no Dark souls fanboy but this is nothing compared to Dark souls

The only thing it has on souls is the graphics, and that's only because From Soft is a dev that develops for consoles first, so you have shit LOD and textures on PC too
>>
>>377002875
yea theres more ambushes and theyll fuck you over by putting things like the wheels hidden so when your walking along a ledge you're forced to fight them or fall not to mention like 80% of the enemies are replaced in positions that bring out their strengths. like putting axe yokai in tight rooms and stuff
>>
>>377001714
weebs
>>
>>377002994
>Only 5 bosses in the whole game
I'll give you that

>Boring sci-fi setting with no monsters
There are.

>Lords of the Mediocre dev
The Poles from CI Games are there to hold them down anymore.
>>
>>377001967
>NG+++
>Starts you off in a new room filled with the 5 bosses
>heh, nothing personal kid
>>
>>377003151
>>377002994

Is it confirmed 5 bosses only? The brazilian store page for this game has a bullet point that says "35 hours of content", do you honestly walk around 7 hours on average between each boss fight?
>>
>>377003235
I dont know but the wiki only shows 5 bosses.
>>
>>376995581
>>376996053
> From what I've seen they seem to have smoothed out a lot of the issues that Lords of the Fallen had

what exactly did you see? Because the game looks EVEN WORSE than lotf. The enemies are fucking bullet spongy, there is little variety of them, they can do few moves, so do you.

Like you need 8 hits to kill a single enemy that just repeats the same single attack that you dodge then poke back -repeat- just to move forward a little and find the same few type of enemies everywhere.

Lotf at least graphically looked really good but this game is just so fucking boring to look at. Just abandoned modern buildings everywhere, no cool scifi concepts or ideas.

The extra crafting they put into the game just makes it like those shitty early access survival games.
>>
>>377002281
I'm the guy you quoted, I don't think it looks floaty, the weapons he's using seem like they're makeshift and he can't really wield them, like he's flailing almost because I don't think he's a warrior of any type, just some fag.

One thing I will say is I don't think they're animation is anywhere near as good as froms. Maybe that's where you're seeing the floatiness from? If we're comparing it to BB their animations are ass in comparison
>>
>>376995463
Fucking retard.
>>
>>377002994
For the 5 bosses thing, TB[total asscancer] said that they focused on the normal enemies instead of bosses
>>
>>377003151
>>377002994
If there's only 5 bosses I probably won't even bother checking this shit out.0
>>
>>377003278
>The enemies are fucking bullet spongy, there is little variety of them, they can do few moves, so do you.
Bullet sponge enemies? Are you retarded?

>Like you need 8 hits to kill a single enemy that just repeats the same single attack that you dodge then poke back -repeat- just to move forward a little and find the same few type of enemies everywhere.
So just like every Souls game then?

>Lotf at least graphically looked really good but this game is just so fucking boring to look at. Just abandoned modern buildings everywhere, no cool scifi concepts or ideas.
Personal opinion, not an argument. I really dig the industrial sci-fi thing.

>The extra crafting they put into the game just makes it like those shitty early access survival games.
Oh, you really are just retarded.
>>
>>377003376

If each boss is as iconic as a Metal Gear boss, I'd be fine with that, but I feel like they won't be.

It's funny, though, that Nioh focused on bosses over enemies (there are more bosses than normal enemies in Nioh) and this game is doing the opposite.
>>
>>377002786
>and recently added a ng++ mode that further shakes things up
Do you need the first DLC to access it?
>>
File: 1339932918179.png (266KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1339932918179.png
266KB, 640x400px
>>376997094
just stop, little beta boy
>>
>>376995463
Thanks for the heads up, one day pirate for me.
>>
>>376997319
>you now realise that Japan was an axis power
>>
>>376997203
R1,R1,R1,R1
>>
>>376998828
This looks like two kids made armour and weapons out of empty softdrink cartons and are "playing souls" in their backyard
>>
>>376997319
Sooo... Souls is shit too?
>>
>>377002283
>generic negative words
It's legit criticism. Also the game is the definition of cookie cutter generic dogshit.
>>
>>377004128
>hurrr shit
>hurrr bland
>hurrr floaty
>hurrr unappealing
>hurrr garbage
>hurrr generic

>legit criticism

If you don't think the game looks good then that's fine anon, but don't try to act like you're giving some kind of intelligent reasoning behind it.
>>
>>376995463
>leave a game series that has reached its natural end to me
>>
>>377002281
>comparing 1h light weapon animation to 2h heavy weapon animation

>comparing a regular joe swinging oversized power tools around to an actual warrior swinging proper weapons around

Animations look fine to me chum.
>>
Lobos will stream it today
i'm gonna watch if it's good or not
>>
What was bad about Lords of the fallen?

I've seen images and it has graphics a lot better than das 3 despite coming out before
>>
>>377004758

It runs at 20 fps on consoles, it's extremely repetitive, combat moves don't feel as good and is 10 hours long.
>>
>>377003515
>Bullet sponge enemies? Are you retarded?
are you? It means enemies take shitload of hits to die without showing any change when dropping health, just soaking up the hits

>So just like every Souls game then?
in souls avarage enemies die from 2 hits you fucktard, have you even played a single souls game?

>Personal opinion, not an argument
it's not a personal opinion, it's objectively uninspired and graphically lame. Lotf had a generic fantasy artstyle but it atleast looked fucking good graphically, this game looks boring and last gen.

>Oh, you really are just retarded.
?
>>
>>376996738

It bugs me that the Fremen aren't brown. I just got into the books and it doesn't make sense to me for people who live in the desert on a desert planet to not be brown.
>>
>>377005228
>without showing any change when dropping health
Literally blind or retarded, gameplay videos clearly show enemies stagger and even get knocked down completely if hit with a heavy enough weapon or hit enough times consecutively.

>in souls avarage enemies die from 2 hits you fucktard, have you even played a single souls game?
>hurrr why don't these dudes in fucking armored mech suits die as easily as zombies in rags and leather?

>objectively uninspired and graphically lame
That's an opinion fuckwit. I could just as easily say that the game is OBJECTIVELY interesting looking because I think it is, but it doesn't make it a fact does it?

>?
Yeah, you're retarded.
>>
It looks like a Spiders developed game. Hell. I thought it was a weird follow up for Technomancer.
>>
>>377005848
>Technomancer.

Is that worth playing? I got it on sale for a few bucks and made it through the tutorial but kind of lost interest after that. Does it ever pick up?
>>
5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES

5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES

5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES

5 BOSSES
5 BOSSES
>>
>>376995463
can you be a girl? if so ill play this game.
>>
>>377006020
Fuck off back to your weeb games with your waifu shit.
>>
>>377005728
>hurrr why don't these dudes in fucking armored mech suits die as easily as zombies in rags and leather?
you seriously don't see the problem with this? It quickly makes the gameplay very monotonous. If you kill enemies easy to kill you can make level designs with any all kind of enemy placements but in this game it will be just fighting through the same prolonged fight with the same few 1 or maybe 2 enemies at the time.

>That's an opinion fuckwit.
yeah, except this will be every fucking one's opinion when this game drops and gets a 6/10 rating just like lotf did. If something is so fucking obvious you can say that it's objectively like that.
>>
>>376999231
Underrated pos
>>
>>377006083
You're literally saying that the game won't be good because enemies will be harder to kill. Also ignoring the post in this very thread that clearly states that enemy placement and variety changes in NG+. You also just keep insisting that your opinion is a fact because it's a fact.

You are literally braindead.
>>
>>376995581
Are there cosmetics for the character? I seen some guy play but he looked the same throughout the whole time. I know it's not important. But I do like making my guy look different. I'm actually really interested in this game. Looks fun
>>
>>376996332
who wants to hear an opinion of generic nu-male with autism?
>>
>>377006334
Are you a faggot? A man is a man. Go play gaydromeda for some cosmetic trap shit.
>>
>>377006764
Someone sounds insecure
>>
>>377003535
Not true. Bosses and mobs are both great in nioh.
>>
>>377006334
I've seen some different colored rigs and jumpsuits, and there seems to be a really good variety of different armor pieces, but as far as the actual character goes I don't think there's anything.
>>
>>376995463
It looks fairly interesting and it's actually trying to do something different with the formula, unlike From Software who have made the same game 5 times.
>>
>>376995463
it looks fucking shit so no thanks.. but i'll be seeing you soon in the bargain bin along with lords of the fallen.. lmao!
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.