[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAO Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 16

File: Dwarves_-_Noble.jpg (421KB, 840x2334px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarves_-_Noble.jpg
421KB, 840x2334px
Can we all agree this is objectively correct?
>>
Human noble is mid-tier.
>>
>>376995395
The Dwarf election arc was the best part of the series.
>>
>>376995570
Pft, hume noble is the best. The story building up to the landsmeet just seems like there's more at stake for your character. It's a means to an end to get to Howe, rather than just doing grey warden stuff like the other origin stories.

The possible marriage with the queen, the confrontation with Howe, along with the dynamic with his son in Awakening make Human Noble the best by far.
>>
>>376995801
Too bad playing the actual origin before becoming a grey warden is a snorefest.
>>
>>376995395
What were the "high" and "mid" ones again?
>>
>>376996225
city elf female (male is shit tier)
dwarf commoner, mage
>>
>>376995395
No.
>>
>>376995925
2bh DA:O is pretty much entirely a snorefest
>>
>Dearf Casteless not the highest tier possible

Nothing more satisfying than being gutter trash who gets exiled from the city, only to come bqck as a kingmaker and fucking Paragon, thereby elevating your name from nothing to nobility.
>>
>>376995395
Yes, Dwarf and Human Noble both directly tie into main plots and are generally the best
>>
File: 1446689393409.jpg (182KB, 1244x647px) Image search: [Google]
1446689393409.jpg
182KB, 1244x647px
>>376995395
Holy shit, a tier list that's actually correct for once. Good job OP.
>>
File: Caridin's_Cross.png (1MB, 1044x652px) Image search: [Google]
Caridin's_Cross.png
1MB, 1044x652px
>>376995624
Surely you mean the worst?
>>
>>376995801
This. I like Human Noble because it most directly ties into the main plot by giving your character a personal villain who's directly connected to everything that happens.

It feels like DAO was written with the Human Noble in mind as the "main character," but they just give you the option of playing as someone different if you want to.
>>
File: yCvR5eI.png (378KB, 603x835px) Image search: [Google]
yCvR5eI.png
378KB, 603x835px
>>376996681
>he hates exploring underground dwarven ruins that hide precious technology

i bet you skip the fade too, adhd ridden retard
>>
>>376996736
>spew meaningless bullshit
>call someone a retard in process
>all while posting a DA:I picture
you should probably give this suicide thing a shot
>>
>>376996681
Why does everyone always meme about Deep Roads being the worst part of the game? Did you people all conveniently forget about the Fade, a segment that peopled modded to be entirely skippable in a way that doesn't detract from the game at all?
>>
File: Origin_2017-05-15_11-28-23.jpg (20KB, 545x605px) Image search: [Google]
Origin_2017-05-15_11-28-23.jpg
20KB, 545x605px
>>376996850
>he thinks da:i is bad because /v/ told him so
>>
File: 1483181511448.gif (233KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1483181511448.gif
233KB, 256x256px
>>376996736
>play origins with a sub-par PC
>framerate goes to shit when close to the stat-boosters in the fade
>can buffer dozens of clicks and receive HUGE GAINS
>>
>>376996892
wtf I love Inquisition now
>>
>>376996736
>i bet you skip the fade too

I don't know about you, but I kind of understand why people would want to skip the gimmicky solo dungeon crawl with next to no story bits in a game that's primarily party based and very story driven
>>
>>376996871
>>376996736
I never got why people hate the Fade so much. I think it'd make for a great campaign in an actual game of D&D. The dungeon design was a little confusing at first and it dragged on a bit too long, but overall I think it's pretty interesting and well-done. Plus it's just really satisfying as you go through and get more powers, see the connections between areas come together, and pull your allies out of their nightmares. It's really satisfying to see it all fall into place.

The Deep Roads, on the other hand, are just blatant filler with next to nothing interesting happening for the vast majority of it. The fact that it comes after you've already spent several hours meddling with Dwarf politics just makes it worse. That whole part of the game just feels like it was put there purely to pad out the playtime.
>>
>>376996892

DA:I is pretty awful, Trespasser is the only thing that is worthwhile playing and you have to play through a painfully mediocre game to get there.
>>
File: f88.jpg (67KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
f88.jpg
67KB, 500x354px
GOD TIER
>Alistair, Leliana, Morrigan, Merrill, Varric, Solas, Dorian
HIGH TIER
>Sten, Isabela, Cassandra, Blackwall, Cole
MID TIER
>Shale, Zevran, Bethany, Vivienne
LOW TIER
>Oghren, Wynne, Dog, Loghain
SHIT TIER
>Aveline, Carver, Fenris, Sebastian, Sera
LORE RAPE TIER
>Anders, Iron Bull
>>
>>376997665

That's some fucking shit taste you got there.
>>
>>376997814
i don't see arguments
>>
>>376997891

I can't follow your reasoning. Is it people you want to fuck, importance to the plot, how likable they are. Its just all a mess the only thing I can agree with is lore rape tier.
>>
>>376998068
likeability, banter, and if they feel like actual people instead of caricatures
>>
>>376998164

How can you justify Isabela, Blackwall and Cole all being in high tier. Its been a while since I played DA2 but from i can recall Isabellas character was that she was loose pirate captain and her big moment was that she stole the qunari special book besides that she had nothing really going for her other that she likes the pipe or gash depending on the weather.

Blackwall is just a stoic military man with a decent twist in the middle of the game but it doesn't lead to anything after his quest and his character doesn't continue to develop beyond that.

Cole is his quirks, some people will like him some won't. He's mid tier at best.

All of Low Tier should be moved into Mid Tier aside from Vivienne who should be moved down so there can at least still be a low tier because she is definitely the worse than all of them.
>>
>>376998760
Isabela has fantastic banter with everyone, especially Merrill. That's the only reason.
Blackwall was shady from the start and it was great having this foreshadowing throughout the game. And look at his neat little epilogue if pardoned: Thom Rainier was shown mercy when none was deserved, and set on a path of redemption. This gift, so compassionately given, needed to be shared. Freed from his obligations to the Inquisition, Rainier travelled Thedas, giving hope to the condemned and the forgotten. In the deepest prisons and pits of Thedas, he found, if not goodness itself, its potential. By showing faith in those who had none, Rainier lifted them up and made them into something better than they were.
Cole is very important. He shares a lot of history everywhere, he's essential because some of the things he says you cannot find out by any other means in the game except going on a wiki.
Vivienne is IMO best divine choicem, I believe in her principals and I love how she immediately shuts down any party member when they try to talk to her.
Oghren - "le drunk axe wielding foulmouthed dwarf" cliche
Wynne is okay but overshadowed by all else in Origins party
Dog has no banter, so it doesn't deserve to even be on tier lists, it's just comfy.
Loghain would be in god tier but we only have him for the final quest, so I can't put him higher
>>
>>376997665
WRONG WRONG WRONG
>GOD TIER
Cassandra, Cullen, Josephine, Solas
>HIGH TIER
Leliana
>MID TIER
Morrigan
>LOW TIER
Sera, Dorian, Iron Bull
>ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER
Blackwall, Vivienne, Cole, Varric

As for DA2 there weren't any likeable characters. Maybe Merrill, and Anders, but only because he blew up the Chantry and that took some balls. They were both retarded though.
>>
File: dd4.png (37KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
dd4.png
37KB, 200x200px
>>376999669
Is this bait? I don't even know where to start
>>
>>376999865
Had you bothered to look, you would have noticed that there is a pattern to my ranking.

Yes it's in part which characters were likable, but also: how genuine, trustworthy and most importantly loyal were to me and my cause.
>>
>>376995395
Loved killing that bastard with female city elf. My first playthrough.
>>
>>376995395
Human noble is clearly the canonical choice story-wise. Bioware retcons be damned.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>376997136
Derp Roads are a lot more interesting if you without mages. Hell, entire game is but this is particularly one place where Origins sets up various ambushes and encounters that are meant to trip you over. unless you have mages on standby because you can steamroll everything easily and CC becomes a joke.
>>
>>376999536
>dat feel when environmental team was the only one that gave a damn in Inquisition
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>SUCK MY DICK OR THE CHANTRY GETS IT
>>
File: bC9xoUG.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bC9xoUG.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>>377000556
not the only team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IR2k6-_Hmc
>>
>>377000931
I swear to god every song in DAI is a remix of the main theme in some form.
>>
File: Loghain.jpg (49KB, 817x572px) Image search: [Google]
Loghain.jpg
49KB, 817x572px
>>376995395
>play as Human male noble
>defeat Loghain in a honourable combat
>he yields and relinquishes control of the kingdom
>spare him because I want to be king and more needless bloodshed will only harm Ferelden
>Alistair loses his shit and defects because vengeance and executing your enemies is more important to him than Kingdom and defeating the darkspawn

Alistair was a cunt, there's literally nothing wrong with giving your enemies a chance at redemption fighting a greater evil

Loghain was misguided, but he was still a patriot and a hero
>>
>>376995925
Nah, the Human origin is great. You get to fuck that little Elven maid, you're the only origin that gets Dog right off the bat, you get to claim the ancestral blade of the Couslands and you're set up with the most personal stake of any beginning by swearing revenge over the corpses of your mother, father, nephew, friends and people.
>>
>>377001537
>Loghain murdered his brother
>murdered his surrogate father
>murdered all the friends and companions he'd ever had
>profaned and lied about the organization that meant everything to him
>single-handedly almost destroyed the entire country and with it, possibly the world
>all this was done because his daughter is sterile and he was afraid of her getting cucked
>"wellp, punishing loghain would only hurt ferelden LMAO :^)"
Someone was in the wrong here, and it wasn't Alistair.
>>
File: Morrigan approves.jpg (45KB, 340x449px) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan approves.jpg
45KB, 340x449px
>>377001537
>Loghain was misguided, but he was still a patriot and a hero
t. Anora

Loghain wasn't just misguided, he was a completely clueless retard who followed one bad decision after another until he'd done more damage to Ferelden than the fucking Orlesians he fought.

>tfw you promise Anora you'll spare his life, and then alter the deal by having him executed right in front of her
>tfw you get Alistair to duel him, as the throne of Ferelden has been settled since Calenhad, and he cuts Loghain down before he even gets to say his goodbyes and soaks Anora with his blood
>>
File: 1488482397915.png (66KB, 693x496px) Image search: [Google]
1488482397915.png
66KB, 693x496px
>>377002247
>>377002338
>>
>>377002409
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 1413741566605.jpg (182KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1413741566605.jpg
182KB, 760x596px
>remember when side quests had the decency of being written in more than a paragraph
>remember choices actually changing major characters

I'm glad Bioware is dying slowly and I'd gladly pull the plug if I was allowed to by my dad who owns EA
>>
>>376995395
>>376995801
Human Noble is generic as fuck. The only good thing about it is that it has the most seamless transition into the rest of the story, but the intro itself is just lame.

God tier:
>Female City Elf
>Dwarf Noble
High Tier:
>Male City Elf
Mid Tier:
>Dwarf Commoner
>Human
Low Tier:
>Mage
Shit Tier:
>Dalish Elf
>>
>>377004779
>high tier male city elf

How's your wife's son?
>>
>>376995395
It looks fine to me even tho I didn't enjoy that much playing as a female city elf...
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.