[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Durr le gods aren't real Shit fedora game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 19

File: Iovara.png (103KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Iovara.png
103KB, 210x330px
>Durr le gods aren't real
Shit fedora game
>>
File: hobo.png (122KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
hobo.png
122KB, 210x330px
>MUH SWEARING
>MUH WHORE
>MUH FANTASY RACISM
Woah... so this is the power of Avellone...
>>
>>376994864
The most pointless plot twist, they're gods for all intents and purpoises. Completely irrelevant how they were created
>>376995115
eat shit, nigga
>>
>>376995249
It's 100% relevant about if they are morally worth worship tho

Why should i fucking care about what a god says if i KNOW it's basically just a ultra powerfull wizard?

Use your brain for a moment
>>
>>376994864
So, that's your trick to start a thread? Insult the game hoping people who played it respond and bump it up?
>>
PoE was a mediocre piece of shit and Tyranny was better in every way.

>>376995249
Durance was boring and underutilized. The only reason people pretend to like him is cause they desperately want to latch onto something interesting from the game.
>>
>>376994864
>the gods arent real beacuse they were created
>just beacuse they are worship and have Control over mortal souls, dose not make them gods

ok.
>>
>>376995342
What difference does it make? You pick the one you like, you pray to them and they give you powers.
>>
>>376995424
>Tyrany was better in ever way

gameplay wise maybe (magic is to OP). but Everything else POE did better.
>>
>>376995503
Do they? There were ''priest'' before those were created,

Almost everyclass can do magical shit without gods having a say due to Souls.

Why not just venerate the local wizard while i'm at it.

Again, use your shrivelled, useless brain for a moment and think about it
>>
>>376995424
>PoE was a mediocre piece of shit and Tyranny was better in every way.

Better at being a piece of shit, maybe.
>>
>>376994864
>>376995249
>>376995440
>Not omniscient
>Not omnipotent
>Not omnipresent
>Not eternal
>Not the creators of the world
>Not the arbiters of an absolute moral compass
They ain't gods, they're magic dictators.
>>
>>376995424
PoE, albeit mediocre, was much better. Tyranny was crap.
>>
>>376995658
Under that premise most old Norse and Greek gods weren't gods either. Clearly your definition of god is wrong.
>>
>>376995115
sounds like FONV
>>
>>376995825
Didn't the Norse and Greek gods at least create the world?
>>
>>376995115
Lol. this poster guy is MAD as fuck
>>
>>376995894

Not really in either case:

the world had already been around a while under control of the titans until the greek gods were born and proceeded to replace them

in the Norse gods case they just murdered Ymir the frost giant and molded the world out of his remains
>>
>>376995658
Your American is showing.
>>
>>376996008
>the world had already been around a while under control of the titans until the greek gods were born and proceeded to replace them
Wrong, Gaia is a goddess and she creates (and is) the world

>in the Norse gods case they just murdered Ymir the frost giant and molded the world out of his remains
That's creating the world
>>
>>376996137
Gaia is not a goddess, she's the world. She is very distinct from the gods of Olympus.
>>
>>376996137
Technically, Chaos was lonely and pooped out Gaia and a couple other concepts
>>
>>376995540
> but Everything else POE did better
No, it really didn't. Everything about PoE was worse. Let's go through it:

>Gameplay
PoE's gameplay is well balanced trash. It's the bare minimum gameplay of an rpg that does absolutely nothing new except taking the Attack of Opportunity mechanic from D&D and making it worse in every way. It also veers into MMO territory by balancing its' classes like it were an online game and making it so that "tanks" can't do any damage if they want to survive in melee and other Holy Trinity trappings. Tyranny, on the other hand, lets you customize your build. Want to play as a fire mage or ice mage? Go ahead. Want to be a tank with a big fucking hammer? Sure thing. Want to sword and spell? It's completely viable.

>Story
PoE fails at the first hurdle by failing to give your character any kind of motivation. You arrive at a place for no given reason, get aids and get attacked by angry natives then stumble onto a ritual. Everything after that is finding out what the ritual did. The story is an excuse for Obsidian to journey you through their OC donut steel world, and the dialogue options reflect that because almost every single one of them is "Tell me more." Meanwhile, in Tyranny you have a clear goal: You're an SS Officer of the God of Evil and you're sent to pacify this rebelling province and most of the game focuses on that. Granted, the ending goes to shit, but it's still better than PoE's ending. The dialogue options are also improved immensely because the game allows you to do several actions and to solve quests in multiple ways. You can be a completely evil bastard as well and the game won't judge you for it.

>Companions
All of PoE's companions are boring and underwritten and they ALL force themselves into your party. I'm not gonna say that Tyranny's are more memorable, but they are aesthetically better, have better backstories and more interesting personalities, and you have a reason for taking them. (Except the furry).
>>
>>376996243
>In Greek mythology, Gaia (/ˈɡeJ.ə/ or /ˈɡaJ.ə/ from Ancient Greek Γαῖα, a poetical form of Γῆ Gē, "land" or "earth"[1]), also spelled Gaea, is the personification of the Earth[2] and one of the Greek primordial deities. Gaia is the ancestral mother of all life: the primal Mother Earth goddess
>>
>>376996137
>Wrong, Gaia is a goddess and she creates (and is) the world
Gaia is not a goddess in the same sense as the other Greek gods. Gaia is the personification of Earth who gave birth to the titans, who in turn gave birth to the gods. Gaia just came to be on her own out of Chaos.
>>
>>376996137
Gaia is a primordial titan (not even a titan sometimes)
Ymir already existed
None but the abrahamic God have this omipotent meme
>>
>>376996316
>None but the abrahamic God have this omipotent meme
It's questionable whether the whole omnipotent, omniscient, etc. thing was even intended by the people who wrote the first scripture. It's a lot more likely that it's something that was interpreted into it by medieval clerics.
>>
File: 1421010617370.jpg (79KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
1421010617370.jpg
79KB, 441x403px
>Thor dressed up like a woman to fool a giant to get his hammer back
Mythology is weird af
>>
>>376996295
tl:dr this poster is retarded
>>
>>376996297
>>376996316
She's considered a goddess, according to every website talking about her I can find. She's above the other gods, but she's still a god.
>>
>>376996316
>>376996392
I'm not saying that PoE's gods aren't gods because they don't fit all of those items on the list.

I'm saying they aren't gods because they don't fit a single one of them.
>>
>>376996448
She is not a goddess in the ancient Greek sense of the word. She is not in the same hierarchy as Zeus and the like.

Also she is not really of Greek origin and her cults don't fit in with classic Greek worship.
>>
>>376996448
It depends on how we define god here. The point is that she's a different kind of existence than the actual Greek gods, or the titans for that matter (who could also be classified as some kind of 'god').

In Norse mythology you also had a distinction between Aesir, Vanir, Jötunn, etc.
>>
>>376996495
As someone already pointed out, the Olympians don't fit that definition either, a bunch of other bronze age cults also have gods that don't fit that definition, neither do the Norse gods.
>>
>>376996295
Cont.

>Graphics
PoE looks like complete shit. There's no excuse. You can post zoomed out pictures of an area all you want, but in action, it will always look like shit. Models have low fidelity and look like they're floating above the ground, as if they're not part of the world, and if you don't look at the enviornment in the camera angle they want you to, it looks like pixelated trash. Tyranny has more cartoony graphics, but ironically, it makes it look much better because the artstyle is better. even though the models are just about on the same level of quality.

>Music
PoE's music is complete shit. It's just annoying background noise that fails to generate any kind of atmosphere or capture the game's central theme (Though that might be because the game has no central theme). In Tranny Tyranny, the music does an amazing job at setting up the mood of the game and fitting the area you're in. Compare Tunon's court to anything in PoE.

>Variety
PoE's enemies are boring as shit. Boards, beetles, *teleports behind u* shadows and slimes. The item variety is lacking as well. Unique weapons don't feel unique at all. Tyranny's enemy variety isn't much better, but unlike PoE, the enemies you fight make sense. No spider bullshit, no boars, no random shit they pulled out of the Monster Manual, just godless insurgents that all have unique looks depending on the city-state they're from. The weapon variety is, however, much better and artifact weapons feel powerful and unique because they are. Your party members will as well comment on the acquisition of an artifact.

>Everything else
There's not much else to say that I haven't pointed out, but in general, PoE feels like amateur trash made by a C Team. Tyranny wasn't amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but it was better than Pillars in every aspect, the most important one being STORY and GAMEPLAY.
>>
PoE has the best Monks
>Starts as weak little shits
>With level start hitting like fucking greatsword power at maximum attack speed
>Kick people so hard their either explode or get btfo half a mile
>Summon 2 copy of you made of elemental fuck you and send them to fuck shit up
>Instant transmission to some poor fuck while also punching everyone on the way.

God they are good
>>
>>376996574
>>376996584
>>376996662
Regardless, the Greek and Norse gods at least have direct connections with the actual progenitors of the world.

This isn't the case in PoE. They are just magicians that are more powerful than everyone else. They were man-made and are merely constructs. They ain't gods.
>>
>>376996757
All the gods are manmade fiction, anon.
>>
>>376996747
>Punch annoying people so hard they fly off the screen
And of course, I got the Bloody Slaughter talent for that extra Kenshiro spice. Gibbing people with fists is always fun.
>>
>>376996295
>our lord and savior kyros
>evil

thats hearsay anon.
>>
>>376996807
Naturally. That's not really the point I was making.
>>
>>376996807
*sounds of neurons being activated*
>>
>>376996757
Now you're just moving goalposts, anon.

Take a look at Hittite mythology or any of the Mesopotamian cults, you won't find any genealogy trees like those in ancient Greek texts.

Hell, look at the fucking Irish version of the Celtic religion, their gods were just people who arrived in Ireland before them.

Speaking of Celts, they also routinely worshiped trees and the like which had nothing to do with creation, or any of the other points.
>>
>>376996807
All the humans are godmade fiction, anon.
>>
>>376996847
Agreed. I'm really sad that skyward kick and resonance touch aren,t that good.

Resonance shouldn't have to hit, and skyward is using a talent for a 3 sec stun, that's just insulting for a high level talent.

Have you tried the long pain fists?
>>
>>376996951
Then fuck it, let me move the goalposts even further, I don't think those are gods either. At that point the term "God" becomes completely meaningless. If that's all it takes to be a god, then why isn't the average arch mage of Pillars of Eternity a god too? Someone who is able to cheat mortality and is a powerful lich? Sounds like a god to me.
>>
>>376997025
Your perception of the word "god" is colored by your Christian-influenced upbringing and your lack of knowledge of other religions.

Basically, you are wrong, read a book sometime.
>>
>>376997119
You didn't really address my point, though. Why is the average arch mage not a god too?
>>
>>376997147
Because he is not worshiped as one.

A god is a supernatural or natural entity that is held as sacred by a group of people. That's it.
>>
File: 1477907422332.jpg (120KB, 1205x721px) Image search: [Google]
1477907422332.jpg
120KB, 1205x721px
>>376997119
Except that by the game's logic and in its' own universe, they're not real gods. That's why Thaos tried to fucking hide it.
>>
>>376996697
The writing in Tyranny is fucking atrocious. Even if you like the motivation behind the plot better (I certainly don't), half of the dialog in the game is literally "psh, nothing personnel" tier edgewank.

Every character in Tyranny is 1D. Pillars had a handful of great characters (Durance, Grieving Mother, Eder) and some not so great ones (Hiravias) and everything in between.

Tyranny's combat is even more of a fucking mess than PoE's. PoE feels like a natural evolution of BG-esque combat. Tyranny tries something new and fails miserably. The cooldowns feel really awful and slow, Vancian casting, while cheesable, feels a lot better for a game like this. In Tyranny, certain weapons and skills are SO useless that they're not even worth using. Why make anything other than a mage? I can't think of anything.

I'll give you graphics, PoE models are really bad, but your argument for variety is "PoE has all these different monsters, and Tyranny doesn't but it's not supposed to so it's better!"

For the record, I beat PoE twice and didn't even beat Tyranny once.
>>
>>376997119
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

>The concept of God, as described by most theologians, includes the attributes of omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), divine simplicity, and as having an eternal and necessary existence
>>
>>376997194
The problem is not the nature of PoE's gods. The problem is that they lied about it, which was why hiding it was necessary.
>>
>>376997224
>Pillars had a handful of great characters
That's where you're wrong. You bitch about Tyranny's characters and writing, yet you praise PoE for doing the same thing but worse in every way. Don't even bother replying to me again.
>>
>>376997283
That's the capital G god, the one I'm talking about when I say that your perception of "god" is colored by your Christian upbringing.

The wikipedia article you want is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deity
>>
File: unknown.png (106KB, 842x103px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
106KB, 842x103px
>>376997298
so this is the power of good writing..............
>>
>>376997298
Durance, Edér, Zahua, Thaos, Iovara, Pallegina, Grieving Mother.
All way better written and more interesting than any Tyranny character.
>>
>>376997283
>applying the concept of a monotheistic God to a game with a whole pantheon of deities
>>
I always stopped playing PoE after reaching that dead-on-the-tree gypsy or something. Game's kinda boring and the endurance system doesn't help making it a slog. Finished Tyranny, though I do think it's a bit too short. Never bothered getting Nu-men-era because obvious reasons.
>>
>game has no romance

For what reason? What's with western CRPG developers and their hate of love interests?
>>
>>376997385
>hating because you have the option of being an angry edgelord
I wish there were more games where you could be bad.
>>
Can anyone give me a quick rundown? I just skipped over the dialogue of the last chapter. Gods are just very powerful priests getting stronger the more people worship them?
>>
>>376997528
>stopping playing after half an hour
>>
>>376997385
what's wrong with it?
>>
>>376997537
It's only Obsidian, and it's because Josh Sawyer hates the current implementation of the Bioware game romance, where you just act nice to them until they fuck you, at which point you've completed the romance.

I agree with him completely, and Pillars was on a tight enough schedule they just left it out. Pillars 2 is confirmed to have romance, though.
>>
>>376997586
She's pretty vague over the exact nature of the gods, but we do know that they're manmade. Either super-powerful priests or some sort of magical construct. If she was wrong, Thaos wouldn't have been so butthurt about it.
>>
>>376997385
What's wrong with it?
I wish more games had angry edgelord options.
>>
>>376997385
There is literally nothing wrong with it. It's more options than PoE will ever head.
>>
>>376995115
>fantasy racism

Sounds good, what game is this?
>>
>>376997586
No

Process was
>Gather a few thousands people around a machine
>activate it, ripping the souls from their body
>Smoosh and tie those souls all together, mold them to be a way by giving them directives

Repeat until you got a pantheon to your liking

The reason for the whole thing was that there was a shitload of religious war back then,always for different gods. When the Engwithian checked for their own gods using their tech (they were the most advanced at the time as far as soul questions go), they saw nothing. So, they wanted to create some to fill the void, force morality and they used their myths for the templates.
>>
>>376997836
There's no fantasy racism in it, actually. PoE is a very safe game, honestly.
>>
>>376997781
>>376997607
the way the sentence is phrased sounds like a deviantart excerpt. I mean, not only are your two options "spare this guy" and "kill him in the super edgy way", but the edgy way is written in this really pathetic fashion

[Kill him by bashing his head against the wall repeatedly.] would be a lot better, at the very least. in its previous fashion, it's a pretty long sentence with no punctuation which makes it sound more amateur-ish and edgy
>>
>>376997897
yeah, except that Orlans are hated

There's also a good bit of Eothas hatin, going around.

>mfw Orlan Priest of Eothas
>Everyone hates me
>Still help them because I follow jesus
>>
>>376997815
Not even close.
>>
>>376994864
I give this meme a few years before fedora/euphoric shit takes over again. hating fedora fags only came about because they became obnoxious and needed to tell everyone about it. Its a cycle.
>>
>>376996316
Imagine being a bunch of viking sitting around your campfire, telling stories about gods "Oh yeah he's strong and powerful but also vain, and this one is invulnerable to all things except this and therefore careless" and along comes a fat monk in a robe, barging in on you and your friends talking about the exploit and mischief of the god, kick down your mead barrel and start ranting "OH YEHA MY GOD IS EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME AND KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT WAS IS AND WILL BE! He's also his own dad and can't die but did once for the luls but came back because he's super strong!"

No wonder they raided those fuckers.
>>
>>376997982
Yes even close. In fact, PoE is not even close to having the amount of dialogue and action options Tyranny has.
>>
>>376997897
yeah, if you want fantasy racism, play arcanum
>>
>>376997815
Do you actually think that people believe your dumb ass? Pathetic
>>
File: 504266159.jpg (351KB, 1024x956px) Image search: [Google]
504266159.jpg
351KB, 1024x956px
>>376998065
Every cRPG should have low-int text like Arcanum
>>
File: 1480075118842.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480075118842.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>376998091
I played both games back to back. Tyranny has more variety in dialogue choices. The only choices in PoE that are not "Tell me more." are binary Yes or No options with the VERY rare background/class option that does nothing most of the time. Also the only time skill checks are useful is for when you climb rocks.
>>
>>376998203
i don't know how i missed arcanum all these years, i'd been searching for a crpg with action point turn based combat since fallout 1/2 for years, and it fit that perfectly
dialogue isn't groundbreaking but its good enough
i wish all these games with bg type combat were turn based or had the option, i can't take real time with pausing, it's so annoying
>>
>>376998203
I just wished the tech wasn't so gimped compared to magic
>>
>>376998232
Did you play them back to back with a lobotomy in between? only solution. Unles you are a lying sack of shit, obviously.
>>
>>376998232
No, they were both shitty for different reasons.
>>
>playing isometric RPGs in current year
>>
>not playing isometric RPGs in current year
>>
>>376998498
I'm not gonna say that that Tyranny was an amazing game, or great, or even real good, but it's still better than PoE and the novelty as playing as an evil character without having to be a baby-eating monster carried it for me, which is more than PoE did.

>>376998410
>Getting this butthurt that I insulted your Babby's First RPG

Man just fucking kill yourself. There is no roleplaying value in PoE and the story is shit and does not cover for the gameplay being boring. I unironically wanted to leave that country the whole time I was playing and go to any other place in the game's lore because it all sounded more interesting than what I was experiencing.
>>
So riddle me this /v/.
If some ancient civilisation slapped together a few thousand souls and called them gods, why were they worshipping them? Fuck, if I have the knowledge to create such unbelievably powerful creatures then I am the God. I would merge a million souls with my body and rule over the world.
>>
>>376998715
Because Obsidian wanted to have a deep story about gods like MotB.
>>
File: 600047_5485384.jpg (71KB, 780x564px) Image search: [Google]
600047_5485384.jpg
71KB, 780x564px
>>376997119
>"god" is colored by your Christian-influenced upbringing
>>376997332
>your perception of "god" is colored by your Christian upbringing

So this is the power... of atheism... wow...
>>
>>376998715
Not everyone know. Actually, VERy few know. Those thousand they soulstealed didn,t know what was gonna happen.

Also the reason for Thaos inquisiton, to find and kill everyone who knows that the god are constructed.
>>
File: 1491612933157.jpg (786KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1491612933157.jpg
786KB, 1280x1707px
>>376999012
wow
nice post
much meme
>>
File: 250px-Hwyman.png (83KB, 250x317px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Hwyman.png
83KB, 250x317px
>>376998641
>There is no roleplaying value in PoE
My first character was a Meadowfolk gunslinger Rogue. I stole everything that was marked as stealing, refused to help anyone who couldn't pay me, and when the Gods didn't offer me compensation at the end, I said fugg it and dispersed all the souls so no one could have them.

Sure, I made deals with the Gods that I reneged on, but what the fuck are they going to do about it? I got a gun.
>>
>>376999012
>not realizing that the monotheistic god isn't just the culmination of a game of "my god is better than your god" played over millenia
>not realizing that the trinity is a needless complication to graft the jesus myth into a monotheistic framework
>>
>>376999206
>when you bait out the triggered atheist reply
>>
File: M1UYs9E.png (2MB, 852x940px) Image search: [Google]
M1UYs9E.png
2MB, 852x940px
>>376999305
You really opened m'eyes, m'sir. I'll be sure to buy a fedora im'mediately.
>>
File: trollstrollingtrolls.png (22KB, 1000x872px) Image search: [Google]
trollstrollingtrolls.png
22KB, 1000x872px
>>376999012
>>376999206
>>376999305
>>376999323
>>376999404
>>
File: 1477612227248.jpg (51KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1477612227248.jpg
51KB, 514x536px
>>376999305
>Wow I'm so smart for trivializing five thousand years of religious history look how simple and dumb everything is lol
>>
so this is the daily communist thread huh?

let's shoot off all the countries that practice communism and are also complete shit holes rife with human rights violations
>>
File: 1124123723468724.jpg (48KB, 469x463px) Image search: [Google]
1124123723468724.jpg
48KB, 469x463px
>>376999323
>>376999404
How many pictures you got in your atheist folder, senpai?
>>
>>376999404
I'm a kike faggot
Get back to me when you have faith in a god that's actually singular.

I hope you at least aren't the type of chrisian that believes in saints
>>
>>376999127
I thought Thaos was an agent of Woedica, you know, the goddess of justice and rightful revenge. This would mean Thaos didn't know either but then again, how did Iovara know if it was a secret to everyone? And if this civilisation just created them, how did they sell the existence of those gods to their own people?
"Hey guys I was running a few equations, turns out there are like 12 gods. Yep, gods are real, better start worshipping them or they'll stab you in the dick in your next life."

And why were they created in the first place? Did someone think it was a good idea creating the god of famine and another one of backstabbing and revolution?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x918px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x918px
>>376999510
Countless, my euphoric friend.
>>
>>376999562
>2017
>not subscribing to the tenets of supersessionism
Your own religion says that the tribe of Jews who follow Christ are the actual Chosen Ones. How do you make peace with that?
>inb4 just another khazar "ethnic jew" atheist
>>
>>376999305
monotheistic?
do you know how much there's saints, and how much are venerated?
they. just added a level, jesus is basically zeus, the kind of gods and saints are gods without powers
>>
>>376999759
>roman ploy for salvation without adhering to the laws of the covenant
>valid
pick one

You may as well convert to mormonism if you believe in supersession
>>
>>376994864
t. triggered christcuck
>>
>>376995658
Literally no conception of what the difference between God and a god is.
>>
File: 617_123857397210.jpg (36KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
617_123857397210.jpg
36KB, 500x532px
>>376999471
why the fuck are you bringing communism in here
>>
>>376999614
Thaos know full well woedica is ''fabricated'', his job is that nobody else does. Gods are not really keen on the idea that the plebe humans know they are font of morals.

But he's got a deal, perfect reincarnation and a greath fucking deal of power if he does the job for her. Gods are generally not supposed to act directly outside the framework, 2 of them got btfo by acting directly on behalf of humanity. But Thaos is a ''simple'' human so he can do the work. Woedica cheats and let him keep is massive knowledge and power between incarnation
>>
>>376995389
op is making fun of retarded beamdog fucking athiests shoving athiesm into FAERUN DnD where godbeings are both literal and phsyical manifesting deities that do exist and directly interact with the mortals. Clerics exist, etc.

that character is a fucking moron who by all rights should have been killed by at least ten different faiths before the players even encounter her.

>battlepriests of tempus
>calling a dorf a crazy man for believing in his gods
>talos worshippers not rape and murdering her dumbass
>cyricists.

>>376995342
you do know arcane is separate to divine in DnD, right? two completely diametrically oppsed things
>>
>>376994864
God isn't real
>>
>>376995589
no. no they can't.

magical shit does magical shit, divine shit is expressly NOT magical, that's why you don't need to do the vancian casting bullshit MUH ROBES only as a cleric.

the deity is doing the heavy lifting, the cleric's faith and prayer is the conduit the deity channels that power through
>>
>>376995658
Ao makes everything
Ao makes deities to serve specific roles and deleate out his shit because he's so far above 'mortal' he barely grasps wtf it is.

Ao is DnD ktulu-tier OTHERNESS he's so abstracted from the 'reality' the players exist in. the deities are intermediaries for a reason
>>
File: diagnosis fractured ass.png (122KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
diagnosis fractured ass.png
122KB, 500x441px
>>376994864
>Japanese game where you literally fight and kill the Abrahamic God
>That's so deep!
>Western games where made-up fantasy gods turn out to be constructs made by humans, but for all intents and purposes still real deities far above humans
>REEEEEE ATHEISTS STOP OFFENDING MY RELIGION FUCKING FEDORA SHIT
>>
clearly NONE of you fuckers have ever actually PLAYED DnD.

Since it's the classic uber-god creates lesser gods to do shit for it creation myth.

the only thing MORTALS (since you retards aren't even acknowledging that there are completely distinct and seperate races) have on the Divine beings is because of the Time of Troubles, where Ao got so fed up with the gods bullshit chess games with mortals souls, ignoring their duties, that he kicked off the ToT by LETTING the duumvirate 'steal' the 'tablets of fate' (a plot mc guffin ao created to troll the fucking gods) and temporarily sentencing the gods to mortality etc.

after that crisis was resolved, the newly re-deified gods found their deific might hard limited by the faithfulness and sincerity of their worshippers, thereby limiting the gods to actually DOING their jobs or face fading away into nothingness

>you even deal with an ex god remnant amanautor in the game
>>
>>377004897
Technically, PoE isn't strictly DnD so they can do whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>376995389
Isn't that most threads on /v/?
>>
>>377005489
>siege of dragonspear beamdog addon for baldur's gate 1
>part of PoE

sure thing friendo
>>
>>377005749
The fuck are you on about?

PoE specifically doesn't take place in any of the DnD settings and doesn't even use DnD game mechanics.

So trying to apply DnD setting rules to PoE is retarded.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.