[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragonball Z: Budokai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: budokai.jpg (208KB, 1014x1418px) Image search: [Google]
budokai.jpg
208KB, 1014x1418px
This game will always have a special place in my heart, even though I do recognize that it has aged pretty badly, and its sequels are better in terms of gameplay.

I think this was the second DBZ game I played after Sagas. I remember when I got it when I turned 10, and then played it several hours that day. Good times.

I don't know if I was just a dumb kid and it's just because I couldn't understand English back then, or if my game was weird in some way, but the default settings had the Japanese voices turned on, and I didn't know how, or if, you could change them to English. It didn't matter though, I played through the game twice in my life with the Japanese dub, and had tons of fun.

This game also had some pretty interesting what-if scenarios, like Yamcha killing Cell and Vegeta turning super saiyan during the saiyan saga.
>>
>>376994976
>liking a game is now shilling
>>
>>376994718
How come Goku doesn't still use the power pole? You'd think an unbreakable stick that expands to any size would be pretty useful when you're a super saiyan god super saiyan.
>>
Budokai 1 actually has one of the best story modes of any DBZ game

its just like the show pretty much
>>
>>376996028
This. It was the best aspect
>>
>>376995893
I suppose he just prefers only using his own body
>>
>>376996028
The story mode progressed really well, I really liked that too in the game
>>
>>376996028

Yep, still my favorite story mode in a DBZ game.

They worked so hard on those cutscenes and you could tell.

If Burst Limit was actually finished it could have been an even better version of it.
>>
>>376996659
The cut scenes were made in engine, and they looked really good, at least for the time
>>
>>376994718
>Spopovich on the cover
Why?
>>
>>376996727
I never noticed that, but it's weird considering the game only covers up until Cell saga
>>
File: God darn.png (576KB, 947x535px) Image search: [Google]
God darn.png
576KB, 947x535px
The European version was a goldmine of shitsubs
>>
>>376995096
>implying /v/ likes games
>>
>>376994718
It was pretty much the first actually decent DBZ game when it came out.

Considering how much I loved DBZ at the time I just had to have it. DBZ Budokai 3 is definitely way better but it was nice to see them finally give us something worth a shit.

I remember playing the PS1 games through ridiculous means. They just weren't really good.

I'd love to get into DBS but a lot of what they are doing just doesn't seem appealing to me. So I'd rather let my nostalgia only remember DBZ. Fuck the new shit desu.
>>
>>376997335
Oh fuck I had forgotten about those, kek
>>
>>376997613
It really was amazing back when this was the best we had, because it was so much better than anything that came before

And I can't blame you for not getting into Super
>>
File: yZAsdic-2.jpg (353KB, 1196x540px) Image search: [Google]
yZAsdic-2.jpg
353KB, 1196x540px
Speaking of Dragon ball z

Question for 20 year olds of /v/: looking at the chart posted, and based on your upbringing, do you feel more like Millennials or Gen Zers?
>>
>>376997975
Dude are you doing an essay for uni or something? You post this shit all the time.
>>
File: Budokai_Cover.jpg (105KB, 640x811px) Image search: [Google]
Budokai_Cover.jpg
105KB, 640x811px
>>376996028
Was so disappointed with how Budokai 2 replaced those cool-ass cutscenes with a fucking board game
I wanted the Goku SSJ3 cutscene in the style of the first game's cutscenes, was disappointed
>>376996727
US cover is much better, original illustration and logo instead of some clip-art bullshit, you can tell the Yuro cover was thrown together in half an hour
Spopovich isn't even in that game, and Majin Vegeta, Dabura, Babidi, and Buu are on the back cover too
So goddamn lazy
>>376997975
21 years old
Grew up on PSX, Pokemon Blue, Ren and Stimpy (from reruns), Blockbuster, Simpsons, Pizza Hut, DBZ even though on a lot of these things I was kinda late to the party, I'm even old enough to remember watching G-Gundam and Yu Yu Hakusho on Toonami
Also loved PS2, Spongebob, Malcolm in the Middle, Yu-Gi-Oh
I stopped watching Cartoon Network by the time Ben 10 came around, sorta grew out of it
I had a Wii around launch but didn't enjoy it as much as the Gamecube, got a PS3 in late 2009, didn't even get a smartphone until 2012
Saw Avatar when it came out and it was alright
Everything else on the Gen Z side I really don't care for
I guess I'm a middle-of-the-line millennial if such a thing exists, a lot of the earlier stuff bled into my childhood by virtue of still being around
>>
>>376998772
The Budokai 2 board game was so weird, and it annoys me how little the game follows the actual dbz timeline, and just invents stuff and rewrites everything. The entirety of Budokai 2 is basically just one big what-if scenario
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.