[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last of Us 2 thread infected Joel edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: infected-joel.png (469KB, 491x686px) Image search: [Google]
infected-joel.png
469KB, 491x686px
So is this theory really a thing? Will Joel become infected so that Ellie (and the player) has to put him down like a wild dog? Druckmann said the story of 2 is about hate and what can make Ellie more mad than this?

What kind of worries me a bit is that my boy Bruce Straley is not working on this game. I am curious whether Druckmann can keep himself in check since he is working with another storywriter. Bruce at least did some early gameplay design (which is supposedly different from the first game) so I hope the final game keeps the balance of story and gameplay of the previous title.
>>
>>376994650
2 possibilities:

1. Ellie has a lesbian love interest that'll be introduced at the beginning of the game, who is then killed by an antagonist group. In the trailer, this is the group Ellie tells Joel about wanting to kill.

2. Joel is killed or is infected because of the aforementioned antagonist group. The twist being the Joel we see in the trailer is Ellie's imagination, a manifestation of her thoughts/hatred. She's so angry and crazy that she talks outloud to her imaginary Joel.
>>
>>376994650
stop it
>>
>>376994650
You do realize that Joel selfishly fucked over humanity so he could have a daughter again and then lied to her about it. She clearly was down with giving herself for the future of mankind in that final cutscene. I'm sure if she ever figured that out she'd be a little angry.
>>
>>376995637
There were dozen other immune test subjects. It's not guaranteed her death would indeed help in any way and even if they could make a vaccine out of it, so fucking what. Humanity is fucked either way and even those few could get their hands on the new drug still wouldn't be immune to other humans.
>>
>>376995032
Second one seems legit
>>
>>376995920
And do you think that if ellie ever figured out what Joel did she'd just say "yeah fuck it it probably would've failed anyways"?

Just because it may not have helped doesn't mean Joel wasn't acting selfishly. Regardless we're talking about possible plot for last of us 2, with me making a suggestion for what couldve spurred the theme of hate. Not whether or not ellie's death couldve helped humanity or, even if it had, whether or not humanity couldve recovered.
>>
>>376995920
If there are more and more immune people, i guess you could feasibly say that humanity are becoming naturally immune to the parasite/fungus/whatever over time.
>>
>>376996372
Well it seems she is mad at somebody else and not Joel. I'd expect disappointment and not hate, she already said "okay" with a sad "I know what you're doing" voice at the end of 1.

>>376996467
Maybe, The trailer is focusing on claw marks in a tree filled with spores before switching to a firefly symbol painted on a stop sign. Maybe it's because cordyceps is transferring to other animals (we know from 1 that other primates can carry CBI and infect humans even if they are asymptomatic) or maybe the cordyceps is mutating. If it's mutating it might be possible this new strain will affect Ellie as well.
>>
>>376995637
>fucked over humanity
The Fireflies had no real idea what they were doing.

I'm not saying that what Joel did was right, but just assuming that he screwed over humanity is being naive and assumptive. The Fireflies were ready to just rip her brain out and hope that it might maybe be used for a cure. It's not like they had a detailed plan or anything; the audio tapes in their base prove that.

If they had actual evidence that extracting Ellie's brain would lead to a definite, or even plausible cure, then you could claim that Joel screwed humanity. However, that's just not the case.
>>
>>376995032
I've thought it was the second. Joel walks out of a bright white light and already knows what she wants to do. They don't show his face. Her hand is shaking involuntarily. Which basically shows that it may not be an immunity, but a significant resistance to it that will catch up with her eventually.

Something I did notice while rewatching the trailer for the first time in months. When Joel speaks to her. She shakes her head. In a way can outwardly look like "You aren't really there.", but still passes for an "I don't know" in response to his "What are ya doin', kiddo?".

I guess I'll put on my tinfoil hat for this one. Hallucinations due to complications with her bite? A shaky hand can't be the only thing she's gotten from that bite after all this time passed.

>>376997317
That technically got answered in "One Night Live" for the audience that actually got to go to the event and see it. People can't pinpoint a window it's between 4 years and "after" the end of the game. Joel walks in to her room at Tommy's dam and never directly apologizes for making the decision he did and Ellie's relatively cold toward him, but basically tells her about a new woman he had fallen in love with and intends to marry. He brings a guitar in her room and plays her parts of Pearl Jam's Future Days. Which breaks tension and he gives her the guitar because he promised he'd teach her. He leaves the room with a clock pun, then Ellie strums the guitar and the epilogue ends.

That's all the important parts. It's elsewhere on the net in full detail.
>>
>playing anything Cuckmann writes
>>
It doesn't matter whether Joel has evidence of the Fireflies' incompetence or not.
The Fireflies will come looking for Ellie and kill her new friends and family and she'll go looking for revenge. Blah blah such a lust for revenge etc.
Eventually she'll learn from a Firefly that Joel took her by force from the hospital and killed Marlene.

Joel will attempt to reason with her but Ellie will snap and either kill or severely injure him. Probably severely injure him and she'll realize what she's done and attempt to care for him. Joel succumbs to his injuries and dies and Ellie has to live with the fact she killed the closest person she's had to a father.

Calling it now
>>
>>376997780
>extracting Ellie's brain would lead to a definite, or even plausible cure, then you could claim that Joel screwed humanity
Why? Humanity was already fucked and it's not like it was dying out. The established zones held somewhat stable population and even people living outside learned to manage the CBI. Remember one hunter proclaiming "I haven't seen a clicker in weeks" ?

>>376997963
Thanks for reminding me of that performance, I have it somewhere on my tabs.

Yeah her shaking hand can be a symptom of neurological damage along with hallucinations if Joel indeed is just in her head. Maybe it was all just good old adrenaline rush but I think this theory is more interesting than just a small detail showing they did their homework. I can imagine this concept in actual gameplay. Why am I hyped so much?

>>376998191
Ou yeah, thanks for starting a shitshow. Ironically TLoU is one of those few modern games that are basically antiSJW.
>>
>>376995920
There's really no proof of any other immune test subjects. Joel's comment to Ellie on that drive out of Salt Lake City that there were others like her was a complete fabrication to make her feel better. Even the doctors' recordings only show proof of past experimentation on infected individuals, but none of them were immune.
>>
File: beal.png (347KB, 445x369px) Image search: [Google]
beal.png
347KB, 445x369px
The real question is did Ellie ever learn to fucking swim?

>inb4 plank moving simulator the squeakquel
>>
File: 1493797809420.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1493797809420.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>376999436
>>
>>376999368
There is a mention in the game that a few immune people before Ellie were used in experiments. Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>376999436
The real question is, will Joel sing for Ellie?
>>
>>376999662
>April 28th. Marlene was right. The girl's infection is like nothing I've ever seen. The cause of her immunity is uncertain. As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab... however white blood cell lines, including percentages and absolute-counts, are completely normal. There is no elevation of pro-inflammatory cytokines, and an MRI of the brain shows no evidence of fungal-growth in the limbic regions, which would normally accompany the prodrome of aggression in infected patients.

>We must find a way to replicate this state under laboratory conditions. We're about to hit a milestone in human history equal to the discovery of penicillin. After years of wandering in circles, we're about to come home, make a difference, and bring the human race back into control of its own destiny. All of our sacrifices and the hundreds of men and women who've bled for this cause, or worse, will not be in vain.

This is the surgeon's recording which doesn't explicitly confirm previous immune patients. It may be the case that there were, but as for proof, there is none.

Joel stating there were others like Ellie doesn't hold verifiable truth either. He most likely just lied to keep Ellie from wanting to sacrifice herself if others were there to take her place.
>>
>>376994650
If Joel actually becomes infected then Ellie is gonna have the mother of all mental breakdowns.
>>
>>377000505
>As we've seen in all past cases
Been a while since I played it so yes this is probably the part that got me confused. I know Joel is just lying to her but I thought there were other experiments and they sure happened, but probably not with infected.

Although there is a mention that the cultures extracted from Ellie's blood will grow normally in a dish I wonder how would that pan out if they infected somebody with her particular strain.

>As we've seen in all past cases, the antigenic titers of the patient's Cordyceps remain high in both the serum and the cerebrospinal fluid. Blood cultures taken from the patient rapidly grow Cordyceps in fungal-media in the lab.

>>377000741
Now imagine this. A group captures Ellie and Joel and uses Ellie in particular to infect Joel. That would fuck her up for real.
>>
>>377001416
*but probably not with immune
>>
>TLOU2
>Play as hatefuck ellie
>Trying to get revengence on the gang that did bad thing X to piss you off!!!
>Bonnie the nonbinary "bloater buster" Brockman, your companion, ally and love interest, will aid you on this journey
>Travel through communities wrecked by MAN'S wrongdoings
>The infected are starting to die off like in 28 weeks later or whatever
>Some of them are gaining their humanity, but not fully
>Joel isn't fucking mentioned even once
>The main enemy turns out to be ellie's dad
>After killing him and his entire band of baby-daddy raiders, Ellie sits on the side of a cliff, overlooking "new hope valley", the new bastion of Human life
>Joel's face appears in the clouds
>"You enjoy all the killing, don't you?"
>Ellie smiles and sheathes her combat knife
>The world is at peace, she can finally forget her CQC
>Donut Bill pats her on the shoulder and says its time to go home
>Snake smiles
>"..."
>>
>>376994650

JUST
>>
>>376997963
>Her hand is shaking involuntarily.
>A shaky hand can't be the only thing she's gotten from that bite after all this time passed.

Honestly I think you're looking too far into the shaky hand thing. It seems like it's just the adrenaline cooldown period from having to have killed all those dudes just beforehand. Would also explain why she took some deep breaths and why she started playing the guitar, to calm herself down.
>>
>>376995032
Third option is that this antagonist group is headed by a man named Ronald Rumpf, who advocates for men's rights and puts minorities in concentration camps
>>
Joel did NOTHING wrong
>>
>>377003826
>got rid of the cure to zombies
(???)
>>
>>377003987
Go read Kant mate.
Don't fall for the utilitarianism meme.
>>
>>377003987
Zombies lives matter.
>>
>>377003826
>Handing over a girl you care about to an organisation who you don't trust and know for a fact will kill anyone who disagrees with them for the sake of a cure which hasn't even been confirmed to be real or within reaches of development, all lead by a group who are absolutely and entirely unequipped to distribute it in a meaningful or useful way, while elsewhere it has been shown that people are setting up towns and settlements which work just fine and treat zombies like any other enviromental threat of the past

Fireflies are fags.
>>
>>376995637
>VACCINES ARE MAGICAL SHOTS THAT WORK 100% OF THE TIME

I bet you think 'the cloud' is real, too.
>>
>>377004454
>>377004596
Fuck the fireflies and fuck humanity. I don't care if the vaccine did work 100% of the time, find someone else other than my daughter to rip their brains out then.

Literally your one job as a parent is to make sure your child doesn't die.
>>
Why was bill gay?

If they make half the characters in the apocalypse gay, how are they supposed to repopulate?
>>
>>377003987
You mean, supposed cure. They were going in there blind as fuck.
>>
>>377004728
Bill being gay was a good example of how LGBT should be handled in video games.

>This is our character
>Here is his arc/motives
>Oh shit, character development, fate/context of partner revealed
>Happens to be a gay relationship
>The fact that it's a gay relationship has almost no weight whatsoever on the context of the situation

Naughtydog lost a bit of their charm but they do have some talented people.
>>
>faggots are actually falling for OP
>>
>>377004862
I feel like it was kind of forced having a survivalist prepper type being gay. Those guys are usually super right wing, I don't think I've heard of any being gay.
>>
>>376994650
can't believe this mediocre shitshow is getting a sequel 2bh
>>
>>377004693
what has humanity done for Joel other than take away his daughter, if I was his I sure as hell wouldn't sacrifice another one just to save it
>>
I don't want to play as ellie, I want to play as Joel.

A 14 year old girl taking down a group of heavily armed full grown men just seems silly.
>>
>>377005023
>can't believe this thing that sold millions of copies and made a shitload of money is getting a sequel
Never had a job in your life, have you?
>>
>>377005070
Agreed. Fireflies were fags.
>>
Did Ellie think David was going to rape her? I just thought he was gonna kill her.

Also he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>377004978
I don't see where you like to put your dick as left or right wing, or political at all.

I know some very conservative gay dudes the same way I know some very liberal straight guys.

Don't associate sexuality or whatever with a political stance; where you like to put your dick is one of the least relevant things about you in day to day life.

Forced? Maybe. Putting LGBT characters in shit was a great PR move.
The wrong way to do it is Bioware, where you have characters who are the sum of their sexuality and this is a selling point of the game.

Many people probably wouldn't even pick up on the idea of Bill's "partner" being a romantic one, it probably flew over many people's heads.

Sexuality isn't as big a deal when people make it out to be, but when people make it the be all and end all of their personality or motives then they're fucking annoying.
>>
>>377005205
Because he was going to rape her.
>>
>>377004862

Thought it was going to be a forced gay friendly arc

turns out his lover hated his guts and was going to leave him

sweet
>>
File: brendan-just.png (219KB, 500x813px) Image search: [Google]
brendan-just.png
219KB, 500x813px
>>377002425
Just for you my friend
>>
>doesn't want them to kill Ellie even though there's a chance humanity can be saved
>kills 50 other people instead

joel an idort
>>
>>377005323
nice
>>
>>377005205

I thought he as going to rape her.
>>
>>377005346
he's a broken father
>>
>>377005419
No he's a good one. He killed like a thousand people to save Ellie.
>>
Was anyone else surprised she wasn't Ellen page?

I couldn't believe it, her name was even Ellie.
>>
>>377005463
he already lost his daughter once, no way he's going to lose another one
>>
>>377005516
Don't make it sound like you're complaining. Cuckmann can still recast her.
>>
>>377005136
>sold a lot so that means it's good
the gameplay is objectively shit but thanks to retards like you and your love for "good grafix" and your amazement at a game for being able to have made-for-tv-movie tier quality storytelling it sold like hotcakes and is getting an undeserved sequel. but you already knew what I meant in my original post, didn't you
>>
>>377005642
What was wrong with the gameplay? Answer without memeing.
>>
>>377005642
>businesses business to cater to your subjective sense of "good"
Now I know you've never had a job.
>>
>>377004862
>has almost no weight
Except for great subtlety in Bill's character when he has a few seconds of breakdown on his face before switching back to survival mode. Good reminder for Joel to be careful because otherwise he becomes another Bill, just caring for survival and nothing else. That's why Bill is a gay character done great.
>>
>>377005695
forces me to aim with a controller
>>
>tfw no Ellie rape scene
>>
>>377005205
Remember when he touches her hand and calls her special? Also one of the guys said "she is David's newest pet"
>>
>>377005893
I don't think either of those things implied rape.

I took it as he admired her balls and thought of her like a protege.
>>
>>377005893
Don't spoonfeed him. He's clearly caught the autism.
>>
>>377005975
Were you a protege of somebody too anon?
>>
I'm in the know and I'll just say this: the "theories" suggested in this thread so far are all wrong.
>>
>>377006148
>Ellie's hand is not shaking from adrenaline rush nor from infection but something else entirely
>>
>>377006226
But that's an observation
>>
File: 36c.jpg (84KB, 907x661px) Image search: [Google]
36c.jpg
84KB, 907x661px
>>377005323
>>
nope
ellie isnt immune just resistant (first game confirms the fungus is growing on ellies brain we just dont know if it stopped growing or just growing really slow) making the infection grow slow so instead of turning overnight ellie will slowy become more and more insane which is why she hallucinate joel who is killed by ellies dad at the opening of the game when fireflys raid tommy's town

the death of joel will be like the death of sarah from the first game
>>
he deserve it for what he do to humanity
>>
>>377007865
>implying the vaccine would even work, or would be cultured and distributed in any significant amount
>implying humanity didn't fuck Joel when he was counting on it
>>
File: thin ice.png (116KB, 213x285px) Image search: [Google]
thin ice.png
116KB, 213x285px
>first meet up with Marlene
>she's badly hurt
>has to ask some smugglers to take the girl out of the city
>the group outside of the city already got themselves killed when you arrive
>the doctor at the campus got himself bitten by a fucking infected monkey which he himself released
>when fireflies see a man taking an unconscious girl out of the water and trying to CPR her, they decide to hit him in the face
>when fireflies get the girl who is infected like no one other in the world, instead of closely examining her, they decide to cut her open right away and kill her in the process
>they don't even think it's a good idea to let her say goodbye to the man she spend a whole year with
great saviors of the human race
>>
people actually play these games?
>>
>>377004978
gay people already do disgusting immoral things every day, theyd be perfect to survive the apoclypse, would be the same shit they are already used to
>>
>>377008903
Pretty much this.
The Fireflies are very desperate at this point. They might get a vaccine from Ellie but they lack any means to produce and distribute it.
Like many of the factions in TLOU they can't let go of the past.
That world is gone.
>>
>>377008903
this, fireflies are fucking morons
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.