[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are horrible human being.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: jzrZorw.jpg (418KB, 1600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
jzrZorw.jpg
418KB, 1600x1050px
You are horrible human being.
>>
fuck u 2 anon
>>
It was all the CIA's fault.
>>
>>376993825
I sure feel bad that the game forced me to do it if I wanted to progress. Silly me, I should have just bought the game and not played it.
>>
>Game railroads you into performing an action
>Then attempts to make you feel bad about it

Yeah how bout you eat a dong m8.
>>
>>376993825
>no way to progress other than the WP
>game guilt trips you for using yet

Yeah I get that just quitting the game is analogous to Walker leaving the city as he should do but that can fuck off.
>>
>dude you should feel bad for trying to enjoy our game lmao
This game was garbage. The only good moment was when I made civies run by firing a bullet in the air (because obviously they couldn't just let me pass) and mowing them down anyway.
>>
>>376993825
It's not like I had much of a choice.
>>
>>376994129
this
>>
>T-the game is guilt tripping me for progressing!
Why the fuck can't people separate the PLOT of the fucking STORY from their own experiences?

Like, holy shit. In no other video game do people start taking shit so personally.
>>
>>376993825
Is it bad that I felt nothing playing this game? Pretty overrated run-of-the-mill TPS with """"deep"""" pretentious story.
>>
File: 1450975826121.jpg (118KB, 610x804px) Image search: [Google]
1450975826121.jpg
118KB, 610x804px
>>
I kinda want to replay this game because I heard they change a lot of small details as the game progresses but the gameplay is so mediocre I can't bring myself to do it again

Also I played it on hard and the experience basically gave me PTSD

I didn't even get the cheevo for beating it on heard for some reason
>>
>>376994561
>the experience basically gave me PTSD
Just like Walker, kek
>>
>>376994309
Maybe they should have developed Walker as a character then instead of pulling this meta guilt trip shit.
>>
>>376993825
god that pissed me off. it's the dumbest shit i've ever seen. burnt to death but no, we didn't let go of each either and writhe in pain. we held onto each other and even stayed sitting up! like we died instantly because this image seems more impactful hurrrr fuck you
>>
>>376994546
I remember thinking about this image after I finished watching Apocalypse Now and being inspired to play Spec Ops. I really felt like I got meme'd on hard.
>>
>>376993825
I literally don't even care. I sat there and shot at the respawning dunecoons for fifteen minutes thinking I might get an achievement or some shit, and eventually got bored, so I pushed the plot advancement button, and the plot advanced. If these people were really just waiting in that tent for fifteen minutes and never ran or anything when I gave them ample opportunity to get away, it's their own damn fault.

This is all entirely forgetting the fact that they are also 1s and 0s who never get characterization in the first place. So, instead of telling me why I should feel bad, I think they need to tell me why I should feel ANYTHING in the first place
>>
>Main character is very clearly losing his fucking mind
>His squad mates continue to follow him anyway despite him hallucinating and forcing them into fucked up situations

Why did people hype this game up so much on here? It's story isn't nearly as deep and profound as people made it out to be, and other than that it's just a generic TPS, even the sand hazards in it are shallow as fuck.
>>
>>376994684
The meta shit is purely a thing YOU are bringing to the table. You don't have to fucking do that.

The game is about how man can inadvertently do wrong by their willingness to make progress, sure there is an obvious parallel when you mirror those sentiments with your own actions, but that doesn't mean you need to take the moral condemnations of the CHARACTER who has actually done something wrong within the context of the video game as moral condemnation of YOU who has done nothing at all beyond observe a piece of entertainment.

How you faggots take that shit as a personal condemnation boggles my fucking mind.
>>
Brothers in Arms and World at War are much better than this garbage.
>>
>>376995034
Nah fuck you. The game pushes choices on you instead of letting Walker decide. When you start making players decide, the character they're playing becomes a placeholder. Stop defending poor design.
>>
>>376993825
I played The Line and the Lost Planet 3.
LP3 is superion in every way and it's not even a great game.
>>
>>376995706
>When you start making players decide, the character they're playing becomes a placeholder.
This is fucking dumb. Even in an RPG where you make your own character and get to make choices the character doesn't become "just a placeholder". If I roleplay a serial killer in Morrowind or some shit it doesn't reflect on me in any way.

In addition to that, what you're using as a vehicle for bitching is whether or not player choice reflects on the player, which is incredibly fucking retarded because the object of this discussion is whether or not the player is being guilt tripped for not having a choice at all as far as the white phosphorous is concerned.

So it's like you're purposefully trying to nullify your own aimless bitching.
>>
>>376995034

>the moral condemnations of the CHARACTER who has actually done something wrong

What, using a white phosphorus mortar when completely surrounded by hostiles in order to save himself and his team? I don't buy it. The fact that they were non-combatants is sad, but that happens in war.

t. Vietnam veteran
>>
>>376996002
>t. Vietnam veteran
*spits*
>>
>buy game
>tries to guilt-trip you for playing it
no wonder it was a flop
>>
>>376996002
Fine, I don't really give a shit.

I'm only trying to show some self-inserting retard that he's being a dumbass for complaining about it, I don't actually care too much about the ethics presented.
>>
ITT: Austists who don't understand narrative
>>
>>376995706
>When you start making players decide,

let me stop you right there, because the player didn't have a choice when it came to the white phosphorous part. so fuck off.
>>
>>376996117

Fair enough, I guess. The addressing-the-viewer-with-a-message art project crap has been going on for longer than anyone on this board has been alive, though. It's also fair to assume that it's happening here, too.

Your reaction to it is basically a matter of taste. Most seem to like it, or we wouldn't get so much of it. Some people hate it, as evidenced by the thread. Others don't care. The advanced spergs get mad at other people getting mad about it.
>>
>>376993825
Friendly reminder the lynch scene was better.
>>
>>376996247
The illusion of choice was there you blithering moron. Try thinking before you post.

>>376995975
If they wanted you to understand how the character felt they wouldn't have made his decisions guided by an invisible hand. The point I'm making is that people stop caring about a character and start thinking about what they would do when you give them a choice in games. This game would have benefited from NOT allowing the player to choose.
>>
>>376993825
I've never understood why this game was shilled so much here. There were way too many threads back when it came out and nobody liked it then either.

It's a mediocre-at-best TPS/chest high wall simulator that came out during a time when those games were super popular. The story is slightly unique, but everything else sucks, especially the shooting. Guns all feel like shit and holy fuck it's so repetitive. If anyone is trying to tell you this game is worth playing, they are full of shit. Watch the ending cutscene on youtube, if the story intrigues you that much.

>hurr descend the level mirrors descent into madness durr

Anyone who enjoys this is brainwashed
>>
>>376994007
this

>>376994129
this

>>376994390
this too
>>
>>376996758
This. I unloaded on the crowd without a second thought.
>>
File: 1269610487831.png (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1269610487831.png
6KB, 250x250px
>Want to put the man out of his misery
>Miss by the slightest bit

Shouldn't have been wasting those shots.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.