[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawn of war 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: butthurt.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Alright /v/
is it really that bad or is it just a bunch of butt hurt fanboys causing a big stink
>>
>>376991340
it's a great game with 0 content.

Wait for expansions and buy it on a third party cd-key site to get it at less than half price
>>
It's a mediocre game with a dearth of content.
>>
>>376991340
It's a shit game with too much content.
>>
It is poo poo with nothing to poo in
>>
>>376991340
Boring

esports = boring
>>
>>376992409
>>376991597

well which is it you fucking retards?
>>
Tries to make everyone happy and makes no one happy. The base building doesnt add anything significant and the tactical gameplay of 2 has been watered down. Here is what they need to do with the xpacs

>more factions obviously
>upgrade units and weapons for squads that actually add abilities not just +shield +dmg
>rework escalation so it isnt retarded
>suppression/pinning squads
>Dow2 cover system
>have a basebuilding system that is significant rather than something there just to please autists
>>
the campaign is really really fucking shallow

Meme all you want about DoW2 but they got progression right in that game, even DoW1 had some progression in DC and SS
>>
>>376991340
Its a good game but disappointing in every single way. People are sad they wanted the best Dawn of War yet and instead got the worst, anger is just a way to vent.

Give it two years and see if they'll fix it with expansions like they did Company of Heroes 2.
>>
>>376991340

>0 content
>multiplayer is dead

I can see it being good/played again if they change major aspect of the game with expansions, DLCs and updates.

Solution: Play Age of Empires 2.
>>
>>376994473
>>more factions obviously
yeah but also more units/upgrades for existing factions
>>upgrade units and weapons for squads that actually add abilities not just +shield +dmg
agree
>>rework escalation so it isnt retarded
i'd only buff early by 20-25% since in early game your units should matter the most and if you lose them you will most likely lose game and it will be your fault for not microing them or not taking early game elite
>>suppression/pinning squads
it's already in a game and thank you relic it got nerfed, it will still murder early game units
>>Dow2 cover system
agree
>>have a basebuilding system that is significant rather than something there just to please autists
what did he meant by that, building is meaningful since you can build forward base and waagh banners to defend points/buff your army, but i wish turrets and mines would return
>>
>spend 60 bucks on a 40k rts with mediocre combat
>when I can play Elite Mod for free
>>
It's a shame, the core of the game is really great and it has some nice ideas, just really lacking in content and some of the ideas are poorly executed.
Given time I think it could be a really great RTS, but it's hard to imagine a world where it gets that time to grow because of how bare the base game is.
>>
Mostly fanboy butthurt, There are definitely legit complaints and none of them were the ones that shitposters talked about.

>Needs last stand
>bigger maps, fuck off with DOW2 corridor style maps
>re-tune under-used units and tone down over-used ones to promote variety (Wraithguard/ASM etc etc)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.