[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you bummed the sequel got cancelled?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

I am. They could have ironed out the bugs and made an amazing sequel like what they did with ME2.

Also , what if Bioware made a soulslike game? Dark Souls , set in the world of Dragon Age , Bioware style
>>
>Thinking that me:a is good
>wanting more soulslikes
>thinking mass effect 2 is better than mass effect 1
>thinking that modern bioware could make anything good
Just fucking end it.
>>
>Bioware style
Shoddily made, poorly animated with stilted gameplay? It would of course, be of equal or greater shitness than any of their recent games. Their style is incompetence.
>>
>>376988664
I am a little bummed, yes. Andromeda was very flawed, but I still wanted to see where they would take it. I really like the Mass Effect series and I'm sad it came to this. Hopefully, there will be other games like this sometime in the future, but until then, fuck.
>>
>>376988664
I liked ME2, but I didn't like that they axed half the mechanics instead of improving on them. I wouldn't want a repeat of that.
>>
>>376990575
Like other souls games then
>>
>Another game of collecting items on empty planets and fighting the Kett

No Thanks
>>
>>376990801
But MEA already had next to no features, what would be left to hack out? Turn it completely into a VN by removing combat?
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>376990575
and fagotery.
>>
>>376988664
Me too, Finished the game the second time, about as close to 100% as I can get without completing unmarkered tasks. Might as well post my notes

--------UPS--------
1. SAM as a companion is pretty nice
2. Overall tone seems to be more... optimistic.
3. Nomad driving
4. Open world
5. Several hubs
6. Compared to ME3, there are more ways to increase weapon weight capacity and allow quick power recharge
7. The battle system is more dynamic.
8. Krogans are still the best
9. Crafting system, while a bit tedious, gives better control over how the weapon behaves (compared to ME2-ME3)

--------DOWNS--------
1. Markers are poorly made, and sometimes point weirdly, especially on the Nexus, and sometimes just glitch
2. Can't walk on Meridian after finishing the game
3. Bugs and glitches.
4. Seriously, BUGS. Sometimes to the point of crashing. Some quests disappear. Buggiest Mass Effect to date.
5. Certain "collect 'em" quests do not have markers.
6. Nomad doesn't carry weaponry and can't be upgraded to have it
7. Can't change squadmates' appearance and equipment
8. Sudoku required for activating a bunch of monoliths in the game. Seriously, what the fuck.
9. Sibling barely plays any role and completely disappears from the game once you finish it (seriously, what the hell)
10. Can't walk in the gardens (living area inside the tor) on Nexus
11. Every time you enter the Tempest, it automatically leaves the planet you are on
12. Manual saving is disabled way too fucking often, which, coupled with lots of bugs, is very annoying.
--------NEUTRAL--------
1. Nexus' repairs don't seem to progress througout the game. Would be better if they did
2. Still can only play as a human.
3. Alec is killed too early. Would be nice to play as him instead too, but I guess, he would be too much like Shepard.

Overall: 6/10, would be more if it wasn't for bugs. Definitely better than ME3.
>>
So far nothing really got cancelled people are simply getting reassigned or let go since the project ended.

Also despite the lack luster quality the assets have been created which will make creating future games much easier with lower costs.

However Bioware needs to be restructured from within or any future game will be a complete waste of resources since not even pandering to the mentally ill is enough for a hit anymore
>>
File: 1492961903668.jpg (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492961903668.jpg
83KB, 512x512px
>>376988664
>amazing sequel like what they did with ME2
>ME2
>amazing sequel
>>
>>376990956
>2. Overall tone seems to be more... optimistic.

I dont like that especially not in the context of everything gone wrong and later revealed that they might be the only mikly way survivors of their circle
>>
>>376988664
No the series just needs to die. Hell Bioware just needs to die and all their IP's should be shelved. There is no saving that shit show now.
>>
>>376991073
Yeah, the "only survivors" thing was fucked up. Also, they mention the benefactor seeing some problems with project - I wonder what they meant? Kett?
>>
Nope. Happy it might have opened people's eyes to how shit a handling EA and Bioware have had to their series since DA2.

This is the shit ending for a shit handling, as it well deserves.
It should have happened when they went as far as to do the trainwreck that ME3 was and they still got scot free to make shit like Inquisition.

May the karma wave spread and kill the whole of Bioware.
>>
>>376988664
>ME2
>amazing sequel

pick one, and only one
>>
>>376991203
I dont remember that but its safe to say that the benefactor was the Illusive Man supporting the project as a fail safe
>>
>>376988664
Please stream killing yourself
>>
>>376991363
Probably, but why was Jien Garson killed? Would her discovering benefactor really be such a big problem?
>>
>>376991250

Mass Effect 3 and the Andromeda pre production happened during the social justice high of the west where you could just call people "insert SJW buzzword here" and media would shill for you

Now the culture shift is happening and everyone is unsure what to do but they certainly wont support people who went off the deep end like Bioware
>>
>>376991463
that i dont know but would assume that its left open for one of the DLCs

i think some biodrones told me that the DLCs will most likely be centered about certain book releases they planned for the franchise and i think one is centered around the Initiative
>>
>>376991484
Man I don't see any culture shift happening. Same bullshit is happening daily.
>>
>>376988664
Cora was such a dumb fucking character.
>muh asaris
>muh surrogate dad
>muh poetry

But holy fuck that ass is fat
>>
>>376991661
The culture shift was cemented with the election of Trump. Hate of love him it showed that people are no longer buying the shit media is selling and that their shaming tactics are no longer working
>>
>>376988664
>Also , what if Bioware made a soulslike game? Dark Souls , set in the world of Dragon Age , Bioware style
Considering that From can barely cobble together a coherent "Souls" game, I'd love the chance to see Bioware create one.

So that I can fucking laugh at it every time it's brought up, just like all the other shit Bioware dumps into the market.
>>
Mass Effect needs to go the fuck away, you people are worse than Assassin's Creed fans.

It's like endless streams of mediocre sequels are your life essence,.
>>
Never understood what people saw in me2, it felt like it what all over everything from 1 in every way. I'd actually call it worse than 3.
>>
>ME2
>Amazing sequel
Nice bait
>>
>>376990956
Most of your ups are really small and barely worth mentioning on their own, almost like you were grasping at straws to say ANYTHING positive.
Also, they all are fucking subjective, especially 2 and 7.
>>
>>376991680
post cora ass
>>
>>376988664
>They could have ironed out the bugs and made an amazing sequel like what they did with ME2.
>amazing
>ME2
>>
>>376989458
fpbp
>>
>>376991680
>>376991680
This, I just want to bury her face in a pillow so she can't keep reminding me she was an asari commando and pound that ass like the fist of god

I also found her to be a less annoying party member except for her loyalty mission

Though for the most part all the parrty members are just kind of.fucking there and meh, except Drak whose combat style involves screaming and running at enemies so they shoot him and not me, and Javik who has the best dialogue, especially when he loses his shit and starts screaming about killing the kett
>>
>>376992504
Tone is definitely more optimistic
>ME3
>aaaahhh, reapers are here, everyone will die!
And battle system IS more dynamic. It's no longer centered around cover.
>>
File: 1493264623984.jpg (87KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493264623984.jpg
87KB, 640x480px
>>376988664
>ME 2 was disappointingly uncreative compared to 1
>ME 3 was a terrible way to end the trilogy
>ME:A was a literal trainwreck

>"Uh maybe they should get another chance guys"
No. Get some standards and stop rewarding mediocrity
>>
File: 0212.gif (59KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0212.gif
59KB, 320x240px
>>376988664
>keep saying BioWare like they still exist

It should have ended with 2, everything since has been a shell created by the company that murdered BioWare and wore their skin in some macabre shameless pander to series fans. They did this with Origin and Ultima, they do this now with ME and DA.
>>
I've heard that there are rumors they intend to can Bioware entirely. It would make sense - this is EA, the original studio staff is gone, and all of their attempts to capitalize on the name/brand have failed

Bioware is long dead. It's time to pull the plug and let them rest
>>
File: 1427749346359.jpg (32KB, 338x400px) Image search: [Google]
1427749346359.jpg
32KB, 338x400px
>>376993150
This
>>
>>376988664
They had five fucking years to make it good and they still failed.
There is no talent left at Bioware. It's time for EA to put a bullet in their head and absorb a new promising studio to shit out RPGs until all the competent people leave again.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.