[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

what happened?
>>
>>376979953
nothing they were always subpar
they just had publishers to shift the blame on before
>>
>>376979990
Just about to post this.

People need to stop believing that "those guys who quit company x" or "those guys who made game x back in the day" are going to change the world, given that nine times out of ten, the new company ends up being a bust and churning out shit.
>>
>>376979953
Nothing, they're still a good company
>>
>>376979990
>>376980214
>Made two of the best games of all time
>Subpar
Is this what people actually believe?
>>
>>376980347
I can't even imagine how delusional someone has to be to believe a statement like that.
>>
>>376980508
Todd, go away.
>>
>>376980508
wow you really showed him huh kid
>>
>>376980508

Then what is your opinion on the best games
>>
>>376979953
Well, back in 2003, Obsidian entertainment split off from Black Isle Studios. As they were starting up, they had to decide who would have which responsibilities. When it came time to decide who would make their time and budget proposals and who would ensure they actually followed those proposals they picked the worst fucking possible options they have. And that, kids, is why Obsidians signs contracts to make you a game in 18 months and then turns around and starts deving a 24 month project the very next day.
>>
>>376980570
>He thinks fucking new vegas is one of the best games ever made.

Genuinely laughable.
>>
>>376980679
>JRPGfag weighs in on "good games"
Yeah, Saruishimaru Descatansu XII: Enhanced - Global Edition 6 is top tier.
>>
>>376979953
did something happen to obsidian? what am I missing
>>
>>376980679
It's literally /our game/
Fuck off plebbit
>>
File: Todd the Barbarian.jpg (643KB, 1000x989px) Image search: [Google]
Todd the Barbarian.jpg
643KB, 1000x989px
> Blocks your path
>>
>>376980973
>launches with save file corrupting bugs that literally wastes your fucking time
Yeah, that does sound like us.
>>
>>376981139
>MUH BUGS
literally not an argument
>>
>>376979953
Every single time:

- Bit off more than they could chew
- Couldn't delivery in agreed timeframe
- Extensions
- Extensions
- Extensions
- Publisher finally gets sick of it tells them they will deliver on X date or the game is cancelled
- Obsidian 'rush' to complete the game, cutting many features and even whole parts of a map to make time
- Game is a buggy abomination on release
- Takes ~18 months before playable
- Obsidian cry about rushed dev time
- Fans cry about Obsidian having rushed dev, evil publishers, etc
- Rinse repeat until Obsidian has such a tarnished name in the industry no publisher will take their projects unless self-funded and already finished.

This is Obsidian in a nutshell.
>>
>>376980830
>>376980830
>>376980973
>>376980570
>t. "New Vegas was my first rpg"
>>
Almost went out of business and had to downsize by laying off a good number of their employees.
>>
>>376981206
They were given only 8 months to make Fallout New Vegas
The fact that they made what they did is incredible
>>
>>376981184
>polish isn't part of games
Literally not an argument.
>>
>>376981206
maybe publishers should stop being so fucking gay, hmm?
>>
>>376981379
BZZZT Wrong, they had 18 months.
They didn't start working on NV the day FO3 was released...
>>
>>376981235
>Look at me mom! I'm eating garbage!
>>
>>376981390
>muh poland
fuck off witchercuck
>>
>>376981379
They weren't given anything, retard. They signed a fucking contract with Bethesda to do a fucking job in a specific time frame. They gave themselves however many months it was and then, surprise fucking surprise, it wasn't enough for what they wanted to make. Three quarters of a great fucking game is still a good game but it isn't great. That's the fucking story of Obsidian.
>>
>>376981413
Maybe obsidian should give publishers unrealistic timeframes.

Publishers don't go out looking for developers to take on a project for them, they tender.
For F:NV for example Obsidian promised delivery in 18 months, that was a contract they agreed to.
Bethesda holding up their end of the contract does not make them bad.
>>
>>376981612
>muh contracts
maybe stop sucking PUBElisher dick, faggot? oh nooo they signed a CONTRACT dude like that cant be changed XDD
>>
>>376980973
It's babby's first "deep" RPG
>>
>game /v/ circlejerked becomes popular on YouTube and the internet in general
>/v/ starts shitting on it
>>
>>376982536
It may shock you to know that a lot of people never liked it. I didn't spend my time talking shit about it in threads when it launched because I already felt I wasted enough time on it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.