[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Best atmospheric, comfy, stylish, story or character-driven

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Z6fXv3JB.jpg (32KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Z6fXv3JB.jpg
32KB, 350x350px
Pls /v/ I need recommendations I have access to everything up to the 7th generation except the Xbox 360.

So I have a good PC, Vita, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, GBA, Dreamcast, and DS.

Some of my favorite games:

>Genres: VN/Puzzle/Mystery/Horror/RPG/Action/Simulation
Shit like Phoenix Wright, Zero Escape, Ghost Trick, First two Oddworld games, Shenmue, Yakuza, Danganronpa, Max Payne, Deus Ex, System Shock, Persona and SMT to some extent, Condemned, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Penumbra, The Talos Principle, Call of Cthulhu, Deadly Premonition.

Important factors: Sense of mystery or dread, character interactions or lots of story, atmospheric games with unique set pieces and plot.

I know a lot of those games aren't similar but they share a lot of the elements that I'm looking for in games.
>>
>>376979930
Tell me your favorite psp games.
>>
>>376980938
Wipeout, Pulse I think it was called.
Danganronpa 1 and 2
FFT:WOTL with slowdown patch
The first corpse party, second one got too weird.
Loco Roco was pretty alright, so was Patapon
And MHFU when I played MH.

And some ports/PS1 games, I remember playing lots classic survival horror on the PS1 emulator. SH, RE, Clock Tower. Crash and Oddworld of course too. Medieval was pretty decent but I never got that far, 10/10 aesthetic though. SOTN is one of my favorite games ever. As well MGS1.

I actually have not played MGS:PW, that is what I should play next for sure. I've only beat the series up to the 4th one but I am a fan!
>>
>>376981542
Also I already owned a 3DS for MH and Mario Kart. Bravely Default was pretty cool but I didn't get too far into it either, hopefully in the future on an emulator. That one SMT overclocked game, with the SRPG combat. Have not played SMT4 yet, sold the system before I even touched Nocturne and DDS. SJ seems fun but a bit difficult to get use to. Also better assets would make the game look fucking sweet. Like a modern SJ would seriously be the tits. But yeah Tomadachi Life is seriously the funniest game ever.

Getting back to the PSP and PS1 Syphon Filter games were not bad at all. Ape Escape got botched but the original PS1 version is a great game. AE2 and 3 are good as well but a little too anime for my liking. Spyro was the shit, and Vagrant Story seemed really interesting with the combat system, but it's another that I have not gotten around to. Have not tried the Parasite Eve games yet, I hear mixed things about them.
>>
>>376980938
Other shit I played on the PSP:
SMB3 was my shit and it's even better on the Vita.

That, SMW1 and 2, Kirby games, Castlevania shit I love the series, and the only other thing that really comes to mind for me playing often was the first Disgaea. But 2 seemed less charming so I didn't play it.
>>
Bump?

Anyone got any recs?
>>
So System Shock 2 is good right? Should I play 1 first or can I jump straight into 2?
>>
>>376983981
You can jump straight into 2, but 1 is great as well. I went 2 > 1 and did not feel like it effected my enjoyment at all.
>>
File: 1467921501668.jpg (139KB, 580x580px) Image search: [Google]
1467921501668.jpg
139KB, 580x580px
>>376985570
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
Lisa the painful. It's indieshit but it's very good. It takes place in a desperate worlds were all women suddenly disappeared one day. It's both humorous and dark. It has a DLC, the joyful and a free excellent fan game the Pointless, both worth checking out.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is also very good. It's a monster hunter clone but with a shitload of lore and a lot of voiced cutscene. Basically you are a prisonner of a sorcerer who rule the world and you find a talking journal who will let you relive the life of its previous owner, which in turn will give you the power to overthrow the evil sorcerer. It has a very dark story inspired by roman and greek myths and fairytales. It also takes after berserk.
>>
>>376979930
Witcher 1. Not the series, not 2, not 3, but 1.
>>
File: IMG_2119.jpg (44KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2119.jpg
44KB, 250x319px
Just started playing Killer 7 again. It's extremely stylish, and mysterious. Lots of focus on action, visuals, and presentation. Definitely has unique atmosphere, set pieces, and plot
>>
>character-driven simulation games

Rimworld?
>>
>>376979930
Trails in the Sky, dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaN2G-AEd9Q
>>
>>376979930
Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, remember the unofficial patch.
>>
What about Shadow of the Colossus?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9Q34MZkRw
>>
>>376979930
oddworld: abes oddysee & oddworld: abes exoddus
>>
>>376991321
oh wait you listed them whoops

ridge racer type 4
>>
>>376979930
That's my Curse avatar u freaking normie
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.