[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game has the most abstruse story ever told in a video game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 9661_front.jpg (106KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
9661_front.jpg
106KB, 640x908px
This game has the most abstruse story ever told in a video game.
>>
That's because it's the smartest story ever told in a video game.
>>
>>376979467
fpbp
>>
Imagine being a Konami executive and being tricked into releasing an artistic statement on digital art made for artistic satisfaction under the guise of making some sequel to an action game that sold really well.
I admire Kojima simply because of this, he tricked those fucking suits into letting him become an auteur
>>
>>376979659
i heard that he also didn't really want to do any more metal gear, so he was like "fine, fuck it, i'm going right off the rails with this one"
>>
>>376979830
Yeah the game even disregards the plot at the end, it was ballsy
>>
>>376979408
>>376979467
you guys should read the redacted interview of Agness Kaku on HG101. I love MGS2 and Kojima, but the original script of the game is pure Hollywood-fellating nonsense strung together in the thinnest of ways. Kaku, who localized most of the US version, took a lot of creative liberty with her treatment which led to the game you know and love today.

Give it a read if you have a minute
http://www.eatchain.com/garbage/METALGEAR%3F%3F%3F/Metal%20Gear%20Solid%202%20Agness%20Kaku%20Intereview/Page%201/Hardcore%20Gaming%20101%20%20Agness%20Kaku%20Interview.htm

Konami DCMA'd it so the wayback query is the only way you can read it. More info on that whole thing here, plus some direct examples of the script Agness received, a literal translation, and her treatment
http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2012/02/agness-kaku-update-konami-japan.html?m=1
>>
Kojima is just a genius right guys? haha
>>
>>376980047
>translator created the layer of the game that I love
This shit is Mother 2 all over again.
>>
>>376980106
nah, he's just real weird
>>
>>376979408
this game still looks really good, I don't know if it's the art direction or the choices of colors but it holds up good, except the faces and mouth animation mixed with mgs1 bobble head.
>>
>>376980047
this old chestnut
>>
File: A Dud.webm (3MB, 739x450px) Image search: [Google]
A Dud.webm
3MB, 739x450px
>>376980291
Both 2 and 3 look great still. Of course they look worse if you play them at their native resolutions (especially 3 with its insane amount of aliasing) but they hold up really well with just a resolution bump. I think part of it is the animations. MGS has always had great animations. The textures also seem simpler than other games so they don't seem as low resolution as if they had tried putting a lot of detail into such small textures.
>>
>>376979408
Abstruse? Well there's a word I've never fucking heard. I am guessing OP is from Europe. You don't need to tell me OP, I know I'm right.
>>
>>376980582
oh man, this webm makes me want to play it.
but I want to hold on to see if they rerelease some sort of collection or port the hd collection for new gen.
>>
>>376981152
maybe he meant obtuse?
>>
>>376980582
Or if you play MGS3 with its original camera system. You don't want to do that....
>>
File: Harrier.webm (3MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Harrier.webm
3MB, 600x450px
>>376981179
I doubt they will. The PS3/360 versions are good enough. They're 720p mostly 60 fps with 2x msaa. You could play the PC version of 2. People say it's bad, and it kind of is, but it's not that difficult getting it working well. There's even a widescreen patch (VFansss patch, which also includes various other necessary fixes) and you can play it on PC at a higher resolution and I think the framerate is more stable, especially in cutscenes.

That webm and this one are from the PC version.
>>
>>376981283
That's exactly what I thought anon. But I have an add on in Chrome that lets you look up the definition of words by clicking on them and abstruse is, in fact, a real word. It says it means "Difficult to understand; obscure." So, there's that, I guess.
>>
>>376980047
seems like an interesting read, thanks anon.
>>
>>376979408
it's braindead easy to understand

Rayden = twink with no will, unJUST's himself
patrithots = want to control people's will
snoke = died on a tanker
solidus = wants to impose his own will
otakuman = put meat in his mom

what's there to not understand?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.