[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGSV:TPP Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 24

Third time's the charm?

Lots of mechanics-related questions and observations, mostly regarding FOBs.

-Wearing a box seems to immunize oneself to Flashbangs. They also seem to mitigate claymore damage.

-Why do people equip a box and dive out of it while engaging enemies?

-You can, coming from the bridges between decks, quickdive towards and fall-catch the railing on the skirt of an FOB deck, but why would you want to?

-Why does laying still only seem to work sometimes when trying to get cameras/UAVs/snipers to look away from you?

-What do soldier ranks actually do? Do all of them do something/anything? Do they do anything in single player? At the very least, your Medical rank doesn't affect tranq. times in 1p.

-What are some good routes for the various FOBs?

-How does Heroism affect the ranks of soldiers you find in 1p? Does it actually affect them? If not, what does?

-Are soldiers all randomly generated, or are there set batches with only some variables? I see a lot of repeating rank spreads with only the Abilities changing, which makes me wonder.

-You can use Noctocyanin or D-Dog to make yourself aware of enemies through walls/floors, then use the Int-Scope to point at them and tag them with a marker, permanently marking them on your HUD without ever establishing a direct line of sight.
>>
this thread again? same fucking questions.
>>
>>376974767
Literally one person partially answered some of them last time.
>>
>>376974853
Yeah, at least dont post the questions you've got an answer for.
>>
>>376973629
Is this subtle shilling for the great MGS reveal the tranny keeps going on about at E3?
>>
File: water pistol.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
water pistol.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376975315
I have no idea what you're talking about. I just want answers to some, what I thought were, pretty obvious questions that I can't believe haven't been answered or discussed before, especially since it's on PC.
>>
>>376975479
They havnt been answered cause noone fucking cares anymore. Your late to the party slowpoke
>>
>>376975479
isn't that outfit only available in MGO? can you play as your MGO character in SP now?
>>
I never used boxes, I've played the game 3 times never used them once, they're pointless and detract the only reason they're in mgsv is because they were necessary in the previous games
>>
>>376975675
They were prizes for fob events. There are different colour ones too
>>
File: shit stats.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit stats.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>376975627
They weren't answered back when the game was new, either.

>>376975675
They made a lot of swimsuits available as Event Rewards. Still can't play as your custom waifus in 1p, sadly.
>>
>>376975807
Because noone liked FOBs, ever
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
Am I the only one who thinks the game is better if you kill Quiet?

>her cutscenes constantly break the flow of the game and they are the weakest ones in the game
>mission 45 is probably the worst main mission in the game
>dont need her to get mission 46
>she is entirely inconsequential to the plot and her sub plot doesnt have an interesting resolution
>as a buddy she makes the game too easy and the humming is annoying when I am listening to Friday Im in Love

Once you get over the novelty of having a bikini sniper she really doesnt contribute anything good to the game. Unless you really care about unlocks you should just waste her
>>
Anyone else replay the game with no markers, slow motion, HUD and all that crap?
I swear to God, it feels like a completely different game.
>>
File: 287700_20170511223731_1.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
287700_20170511223731_1.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I thought it was a ruse. Where's the ending? What happened to Eli and sahelanthropus?
Where is chapter three?
>>
>>376973629
>-Wearing a box seems to immunize oneself to Flashbangs. They also seem to mitigate claymore damage.
Wearing a box and running with it helps block Fulton mines too

>-Why do people equip a box and dive out of it while engaging enemies?
When you're marked you can dive out of the box keeping the box marked while you go unmarked

>-You can, coming from the bridges between decks, quickdive towards and fall-catch the railing on the skirt of an FOB deck, but why would you want to?
Just game mechanics

>-Why does laying still only seem to work sometimes when trying to get cameras/UAVs/snipers to look away from you?
Implemented around MGS3. It was because you would be camod in the grass. In MGSV the camo is worthless and playing with the sneaking suit no matter what is the best way to play

>-What do soldier ranks actually do? Do all of them do something/anything? Do they do anything in single player? At the very least, your Medical rank doesn't affect tranq. times in 1p.
More higher ranked just speeds up and allows you develop more complex shit

>-What are some good routes for the various FOBs?
If you're invading just make a safe as can mad dash to your objective until the defender comes. Then its pretty much gg.

>-How does Heroism affect the ranks of soldiers you find in 1p? Does it actually affect them? If not, what does?
Heroism is only used a few times for cutscenes. It also effects your horn shape and nothing else that really matters

>-Are soldiers all randomly generated, or are there set batches with only some variables? I see a lot of repeating rank spreads with only the Abilities changing, which makes me wonder.
Enemies ranks just scale with you and game progression
>>
>>376977571
>Eli and sahelanthropus?

Are you really that new or delusional?
>>
>>376976708
I play without Enemy Presence indicators and Reflex Mode, but I'm not ready to turn off all markers yet.
>>
>>376978262
Venom Snake destroys sahelanthropus in Africa and Eli is left to die. He's taken away by who would grow up to become Psycho Mantis.
I know what happens but I want to play it, damnit.
>>
>>376978186
>When you're marked you can dive out of the box keeping the box marked while you go unmarked
Even on FOBs? I knew about that strat in MGO, but I see guys do it against soldiers and other players on FOBs.

>More higher ranked just speeds up and allows you develop more complex shit
I was told some weird stuff like using an S++ in Intel character would auto-mark cameras and mines in FOBs, but I can't find that substatiated anywhere, and when I took an S++ Intel soldier into my FOB to train, shit didn't work.
>>
>>376978610
You have to raise the overall level of your FOB base and not just have 1 soldier
>>
>>376977571
>chapter 3
it's tied to online disarmament and it's a cutscene
>ending
Venom in bathroom

And before you start with the Mission 51 shit: Eli's boss fight was the equivalent of the Zeke fight in Peace Walker.

Complaining about MGSV not having an ending because you don't get to fight Eli is like complaining about Paz fleeing with Zeke, still followed by Peace Walker's Big Boss speech ending.

The ending is there, they just cut the boss fight from it.
>>
>>376979207
>And before you start with the Mission 51 shit: Eli's boss fight was the equivalent of the Zeke fight in Peace Walker.
>Complaining about MGSV not having an ending because you don't get to fight Eli is like complaining about Paz fleeing with Zeke, still followed by Peace Walker's Big Boss speech ending.
>The ending is there, they just cut the boss fight from it.
Yeah, because cutting out GAMEplay from a GAME is not detrimental or anything. Ep. 51 should've been kept in the game, period.
>>
>>376979415
>cutting gameplay

Yeah, it's shit but it's not that bad. I still think that they cut it because of how poorly it would've performed on last gen consoles.
>>
>>376979415
>Ep. 51 should've been kept in the game, period.

And then what? What happens then? You want a new game to continue that bit? Or are you too pleb to play Metal Gear? Or did you forget that all MGSV endings pretty much lead to the start of that game?

Fucking children
>>
I downloaded a custom save that had the FOB swimsuits and transferred it to my steam copy of MGSV from my pirated. The swimsuits are now all gone. The only reason I bought the game was to have THICC swimsuit mods and I keep dcing when I try to do FOB missions to buy them
>>
>>376978349

I hate that there isn't a setting to just have enemy markers turn off without disabling all of the other critical shit like custom placed markers, crates etc.

Would do wonders to separate those categories
>>
>>376979207
>Venom in bathroom

Honestly I dont know how anyone could be mad if they got this ending. It ties in perfectly with Metal Gear and I thought thats what everyone fucking wanted.
>>
>>376979791
It does tie in and I loved it on subsequent playthroughs. But don't lie, it's not what you expected from a Metal Gear ending.

Compare 4's cheesy long 1 hour ending with this one.
>>
How the fuck do you use infinite heaven? Shits convoluted as a mothafuck'a.
>>
>>376979791
>start of the cutscene has the Diamond Dogs logo on the bathroom door in the mirror
>end of the cutscene has the Outer Heaven logo on the door in the reflection of the broken mirror
>people still don't get it
Like pottery.
>>
>>376979910
No actually this is exactly what I expected. Looking at everything from the trailers, thats all you shouldve also expected.
>>
>>376979668
>Or are you too pleb to play Metal Gear?
Already did. Probably way before you ever did.

>Or did you forget that all MGSV endings pretty much lead to the start of that game?
A climatic final battle is wrong because what happens afterward is too uncertain for people (as you seem to imply), yet repeating the game's tutorial with the same button prompts with slightly different cutscenes somehow makes for a better ending. What kind of lame-ass logic is that?
>>
>>376976404
Yeah I killed her on my 2nd playthrough. I was going for no buddies run and turned off markers and presence indicators and I think she's a shit character that took up way too much screen time that could've gone to venom or someone more interesting.

I've never been into that Japanese culture of putting a waifu on a pedestal either though so maybe that's why I hate her
>>
>>376976085
>>376975627
>>376974993
What type of fucking autism is this? half the fucking threads on this shit board are meme false flagging reaction bait and you sperg out on the guy that posted a legit video game thread
>>
>>376979910
I'm not gonna lie, after how grandiose 4 was with how many different places you went and all the boss fights trying to match up to the old ones, I fully expected the ending to be snake vs venom in outer heaven. That or a cut to venom realizing what's been going on and a cut to snake talking on the radio about how he's arrived in outer heaven to a cut to credits or something

My head canon got the best of me no doubt.
>>
>>376980405
>venom
>interesting
Dude's literally a retarded nobody imitating BB. No matter how the game was made if this is how his character was supposed to be, then no amount of screen time could make him interesting.
>>
File: Based D-Dog.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Based D-Dog.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376980868
Happens every time, man.

I don't care; at least it bumps the thread.
>>
File: 1494260979585.jpg (933KB, 800x5400px) Image search: [Google]
1494260979585.jpg
933KB, 800x5400px
>>376981089
>Dude's literally a retarded nobody imitating BB. No matter how the game was made if this is how his character was supposed to be, then no amount of screen time could make him interesting.
I think he's interesting specifically for that purpose.

Then again, I like Quiet too so maybe I'm just a Pleb.

>>376981076
>I fully expected the ending to be snake vs venom in outer heaven. That or a cut to venom realizing what's been going on and a cut to snake talking on the radio about how he's arrived in outer heaven to a cut to credits or something
This wuld absolutely have been the best way to end it.

I guess they didn't since anyone who caes that much about the eries already knows that's what happened. But, I still would rather have played it. Mechanically it could have been like Naked Snake v. The Boss. Could have been extremely fun, and given Venom some personality as he reflected during his final moments.
>>
>>376981089
I think he's interesting for that reason, I would have liked to know more of what is going on in his head. They could have taken the PTSD angle so much farther, they could have made him struggle with his own personality still being in there somewhere while he tries to be BB.

That type of character has lots of potential over shitty super sniper with bikini
>>
>>376982154
>I would have liked to know more of what is going on in his head

No need I'll tell you now:
>Who the fuck am I
>Who the fuck are you
>What the fuck are we doing
>What is everything

And by the time he figures it out the outer heaven incident is just down the road. Whats so interesting?
>>
>>376982341
>Whats so interesting?
You literally listed it. He's tragic as fuck. It inspires an emotional connection.

...Unless you're a psychopath or autistic, I guess.
>>
>>376982341
you can fucking minimalize anything like this. I can do this with every fucking idea ever conceived in the world? It doesn't mean it couldn't be done in an interesting way within the story and could have affected the missions or the cutscenes. I get youre playing the jaded bitter cynic here but i don't get what youre trying to convince me of.
>>
>>376982154
Yeah but bikini sniper chicks are hot.
>>
>>376982568
Lol calm down bro. All Im saying is Venom's life before becoming Ahab was pretty normal in the sense that he was field medic with MSF and admired the boss. Kojimbo wrote this character into corner and nothing could be done about it.
>>
I like watching TPP webbums OP
Do you have more?
>>
>>376982918
it's all good, i just cuss a lot, i didn't mean to try to sound like i was getting heated. I didn't play peace walker, is he not a relevant character at all?
>>
File: hold this for me.webm (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
hold this for me.webm
1MB, 853x480px
>>376983178
I get the feeling that's sarcasm, but yes I do.
>>
>>376983246
He is literally just a nobody MSF medic with BBs face and memory (fragmented at that) slapped on to him. That is all. Peace Walker has the ACTUAL BB as the main guy.
>>
>>376983289
All these tricks are really neat and fun.

But then the game punishes you with score penalties for playing wrong.

It always drives me nuts.
>>
>>376983289
Not sarcasm, i just like to see the way people approach different situations in different ways, i didn't even get the water pistol so it's kinda fun to watch what it does
>>
File: 1483658861031.png (444KB, 402x460px) Image search: [Google]
1483658861031.png
444KB, 402x460px
>>376983375
oh man, that's what I get for talking about shit I don't know about. I avoided peace walker heavily. TPP plays him up like he's some dude you knew previously and cared about. My bad anon, i was wrong.
>>
Just got this game the other day, and so far it's been pretty buzzword. There any aspects of the Infinite Heaven mod that are considered must-haves? So far, I've only been using it to switch the PC model.
>>
>>376983745
All good senpai. Though if you didnt know that, I probably just ruined the ending.
>>
>>376982578
True
>>
>>376981467
>I fully expected the ending to be snake vs venom in outer heaven

And what? Have venom purposefully loose?
>>
STANDING
>>
>>376984483
Yeah I get that an unwinnable final boss battle isn't a great selling point. Probably the main reason they didn't do it.
>>
One of these days I'm going to crack and buy it for PS3 so I can play it again, every thread about it I see just increases my craving
>>
>>376984603
>you play as Solid
Boom, that was hard.
>>
>>376983921
I have over 200 hours in the game and I have never used Infinite Heaven nor do I think it's a must have. But, I think that most people like it for the options it gives you in customizing missions. For exmaple you can set it to do "subsistence" type missions, where you go in with absolutely nothing and have to attain all items/weapons during the mission. Or setup random percentages of encountering random events during missions, like skulls during missions, helicopter patrols, guards always on alert, etc. So instead of just the same old mission you might run into some patrols that weren't there before, or a unique soldier, stuff like that
>>
File: CYxn_WWWMAE7q-8.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
CYxn_WWWMAE7q-8.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>376984919
>Its like MGS 1 doesnt exist

Come on dude
>>
>>376984919
I could go for that but I'm sure it wouldn't have playtested well.

>"who's this guy?"
>"it's really jarring suddenly playing as someone else"
>"first we're 'not the real Big Boss', then we kill the guy we've been playing the whole as some other guy. that's too many ruses.'
>>
>>376973629
peple still play mgs5?
>>
>>376984621
remember the fun of filtering trough your ranks for like an hour to find the sick ?
there, will to replay instantly gone
>>
>>376985163
Yeah you know, especially when theres a game that deals with that situation ALREADY.
>>
Has anyone got the sound effect used when a non-Snake soldier does the distract? The thing that sounds like bones in a cement mixer?
>>
Why were people expecting to play as the real Big Boss? In the whole series you only play as the misinformed Snake, the guy who does shit without knowing the full picture. By the time V starts, Big Boss is already a behind-the-scenes mastermind like the ones he hated.
>>
>>376985245

>Select literally everybody
>Quarantine
>Maybe keep a couple of high-rank guys who don't speak AIDS out so you can use basic support functions
>Do the ~hour of missions until the shit is over with

Whew.
>>
>>376973629
what the fuck
you have to play as a woman in that game?
disgusting
>>
>>376985245
I don't remember that, actually.
>>
>>376985217
Based on the ranking fluctuated over the last event, at least a few k on PS4. MGO's always got a few rooms open, too.
>>
>>376985506
>not playing as a female
>>
>>376973629
I've recently bought this game for my ps3 and can't update it. It says error after 18-20 percent. The update is 356 mb but the download is very slow for some reason. Am I fucked?
>>
>try an FOB
>it's a two-deck Command platform with 1* guards (no body armor, NVGs, etc., just plain fatigues), no cameras or UAVs
>still fuck it up, get spotted, almost die several times and have to kill almost every guard on the first deck to wipe the combat alert and get to the core

Feels bad being so shit at these things.
>>
Is Peace Walker worth playing? Its the only one I havent played and ever since I finished MGSV Ive been willing to check it out. I have the MGS legacy edition by the way.
>>
>>376986835
I'd say it is, yeah.

It plays basically like MGS3, and has a pretty decent story.

The gameplay is balanced with multiplayer in mind, so depend on your relative skill, you might find the boss battles to be extremely difficult.
>>
>>376979207
>chapter 3
>it's tied to online disarmament and it's a cutscene
It isn't. Chapter 3 is just a placeholder title card that was never used. Disarmament only triggers a cutscene.
>>
>>376987062
Only the bosses is "balanced" for coop. They weren't even hard, just having a retardedly high health. The only way to fight them solo is by abusing supply drops.
>>
>>376987283
>Chapter 3: Peace
>Disarmament is literally you achieving Peace

>>376986835
It's basically linear MGSV but the levels are shit and the guards and bosses are the worst in the series.

By the way, the structure of the story is the same. You'll see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>376986835
Yeah, just for Chico and Paz. I guess Ground Zeroes didn't move you at all, highly recommend replaying it after you finish PW.
>>
>>376979207
There are a lot of inconsistencies that leave people thinking there's more to the game than we've seen.

Furthermore TPP strays from the usual structure MGS games have, the usual torture sequence, the escape
>>
>>376985163
>>376984603

these are bitch complaints and nobody should address them
this is meant to close the book for fans of the series, not newcomers who can't handle a top down camera perspective
>>
>>376987749
What would Chapter 3 consists of? More boring FOB events? More rehashed campaign missions with difficulty/condition modifiers?

There's no Chapter 3, period.
>>
>>376988172
I agree. Doesn't change what is, though.
>>
>>376988291
Chapter 3 is FOBs and the Disarmament Cutscene. It's the "something that's never been done before". You have to work with the community to unlock the final cutscene in the game and achieve peace.
>>
Is there still a a decent amount of players for this game? I wanna buy it and play online but i am not sure
>>
>>376989203
For PC? No, it's dead.
>>
>>376989203
On PS4, there's at least a few hundred dudes still playing FOB shit. I put mine on Security Challenge for one evening and got a dozen different matches.

MGO always has at least a couple rooms open, but the playerbase itself is probably a couple hundred or less.
>>
>>376989072
Read: Invest money in our poorly-conceived multiplayer component.
>>
File: 1486877036051.gif (2MB, 500x529px) Image search: [Google]
1486877036051.gif
2MB, 500x529px
>>376979415
>chapter three
>would've been likely 10 old missions with difficulty modifiers and maybe 4-5 story missions
Don't see why people are still complaining; then again I wasn't a hypefag and waited like 2 years before playing it
>>
>>376989815
The repeat missions in Chapter 2 were really lame, aside from the Subsistence missions that require you to procure on-site (which they were only two of them). Total Stealth missions are redundant since the way the game works requires you to stealth your way through missions to S-rank anyway. Extreme mode missions were okay though.

They really should've handled the hard mode missions the same way they did in GZ instead of making them separate missions just to inflate the list to 51.
>>
File: 1493815523408.jpg (80KB, 876x912px) Image search: [Google]
1493815523408.jpg
80KB, 876x912px
To those engaging in FOBs:
Which platform are you on and which rank do you have?
>>
>>376990146
>the way the game works requires you to stealth your way through missions to S-rank anyway
No way!
Easiest way to get an S-Rank is to be quick about it.
You can blow up an entire enemy station going full-force rambo, as long as you're quick you'll basically still get S.
>>
>>376990146
>The repeat missions in Chapter 2 were really lame
They're optional.
>>
>>376985749
Shame they didn't add these outfits back when people were still playing the game.
>>
File: Ending of TPP.png (453KB, 480x457px) Image search: [Google]
Ending of TPP.png
453KB, 480x457px
>>376990318
Xbone; Traded in Todd's game to gamestop and got a used copy for 2$

I'm up to what, the 5th progression rank?
Haven't checked since I started playing Persona, I should check later tonight.
>>
>>376990408
And so is the rest of the game.
>>
>>376990381
But you'll get no crew members for Motherbase and your Heroism will decrease.
>>
>>376990563
Clearly, since the series ended with 4. These are just prequels.
>>
>>376990581
Sure, but who cares?
IMO, every mission should be played at least three times:
>normal, casual play
>100%, perfectly executed play
>rush mode for S-rank

Also FOB is best for farming soldiers and heroism.
>>
>>376990624
Even the playing the series is optional.
>>
>>376975627
>Stop talking about old games that no one plays! They aren't FotM anymore!
Go back to your waifu and dark souls shitposting threads if you hate discussion so much
>>
R&D Platform is objectively the best platform. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>376989362
>https://steamspy.com/app/287700
>Players in the last 2 weeks: 68,319

The online isn't nowhere near dead. To put it in contrast, Overwatch doesn't even get 3k concurrent players on PC
>>
>>376990318
I'm somewhere in the 9Ks on PS4.
>>
>>376990861
>Overwatch doesn't even get 3k concurrent players on PC
Really? I thought it was really popular.
>>
>>376990318
I'm on PC, and I should be somewhere around ~320-350 I feel. (Havn't properly played in a while.)
If I gave it a go I surely could return to the Top 200 easily.
>>376990836
R&D is awesome, but I like Command Center the best! Stealing nukes is awesome!
>>
>>376990678
These are the autists who refuse to admit MGSV was a disappointment
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.17.08).jpg (35KB, 762x159px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-15+at+12.17.08).jpg
35KB, 762x159px
>>376990861
>steam spy
use something relelvant, like Steam charts, to get an actual picture of how active a game is. MGSV does still seem reasonably active for what it is at least.

I got MGSV for PC but my only experience with the FOB invasion was getting invaded by a swedish hacker who had infinite health and I had to kill him by blasting him off a ledge.
It was from that moment onward that I realized that playing japanese made console games on PC that have multiplayer was a huge fucking mistake and I should have gotten it on PS4.
>>
>>376990861
Numbers mean nothing when you can't even get a full game. I doubt if any of those 68000 cared at all for MGO or even spent any substantial amount of time in the game.
>>
>>376991023
It was impossible for MGSV to dissappoint me!
It was my very first MGS as I never owned a Playstation. After playing and enjoying MGSV, I decided to change that. Bought a PS3 + MGS Legacy collection and played through the entire series. It was worth it!
>>
>>376985749
suit name?
I have the olive on, and then only 2 others can be bought from FOB event rewards.
where to i get leopard one?
>>
>>376991023
>Anon posts about how a game is fun and recommends playing missions in multiplayer
>he must autistic, the game is clearly shit!
Yep, this is a certified /v/ poster, alright!
>>
>>376991169
>suit name?
Desert Fox.

It was a reward event-before-last event, Zero Risk, I think. Rewards were Desert Fox, Golden Tiger, and Olive. Last event was Dragon something, and the rewards were Old Rose and Splitter. Now it's Skulls Attack and the rewards are Mud and Skull Mist.
>>
Why couldn't they have made bases like Cuba in Ground Zeroes? It felt far better to sneak around on than the ones in the main game.
>>
>thread's gonna die without any of the OP questions getting answered, again
>>
>>376992130
Because it takes place in Afghanistan and Africa and there are no American military bases there?
>>
>>376992159
He got his answers.
>>376992191
I know that, but 90% of the bases felt like copypastes.
>>
>>376990861
>Overwatch doesn't even get 3k concurrent players on PC
Source? That sounds like complete bullshit considering even ARMA 3 has nearly 10k players right now. If R6:Siege can maintain 25k players average on Steam alone then there's no way fucking Overwatch can't break 3k.
>>
>>376992231
But they're all different. Are you talking about the Guard Posts in between the bases?
>>
File: 1444241870122.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444241870122.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>376992231
>He got his answers.
There's still a lot to be discussed. Never got any clarification about Heroism or how soldiers are generated. Still don't know how or whether ranks actually affect gameplay. No one talked about FOB routes, and no one verified whether the C.Box equip-and-dive out actually does anything in FOBs.
>>
>>376978610
>>376978610
The box can take some serious damage and it can clear a marking on you. Even on FOBs

Individual stats that affects single players/fob:
-Combat skill gives more HP
-Base dev gives you more ammo from corpses and you can fulton things faster
-Support (S or better) auto marks security devices
-med team increases drug duration
-intel increases your marking speed
>>
File: XOF Snipers.png (1MB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
XOF Snipers.png
1MB, 1138x640px
>>376992548
Ranks only matter for Combat Units when you deploy them.

S rank and S+ rank have higher health than Venom, so using them is a better option at the cost of losing the prosthetic arm.

Heroism grants you recruits that join you after missions. The higher it is, the better of a chance you have of getting high-ranking recruits rather than trash who do abso-fucking-lutely nothing

>nobody talked about FOB routes
Anon kinda had it right with "cheese it for the facility before the defender arrives"
What I do is hug the sides of the platform, mark targets while on the helicopter, and if I miss any, just use the pills to mark them.
After that, just go below the bridge, do some more scooting, and just swooce your way inside the base. Don't plan, just do it.

And, anon did already clarify what boxes do on FOBs >>376978186
Come on man, learn to read before you post.
>>
>>376973629
>-You can, coming from the bridges between decks, quickdive towards and fall-catch the railing on the skirt of an FOB deck, but why would you want to?
You can bypass certain custom mine layouts with it
>-Why does laying still only seem to work sometimes when trying to get cameras/UAVs/snipers to look away from you?
The game has camo index for snipers and UAVs. If you are within cameras vision cone for long enough it will spot you no matter what. If you have to stay still in front of camera, use box or smokes.
-What do soldier ranks actually do? Do all of them do something/anything? Do they do anything in single player? At the very least, your Medical rank doesn't affect tranq. times in 1p.
>>376992718

>-How does Heroism affect the ranks of soldiers you find in 1p? Does it actually affect them? If not, what does?
Your overal level of MB affects the skill level of soldiers in the field. Basically the game is designed to constantly give you slightly better guys up to S hard cap. S+ or better must be get from FOBs
>>
File: 1451348935615.jpg (118KB, 685x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451348935615.jpg
118KB, 685x600px
>>376992718
>-med team increases drug duration
Is that tranq. and whatnot on enemies, or pills on the player, or both?

>-Support (S or better) auto marks security devices
>-Base dev gives you more ammo from corpses and you can fulton things faster
>-intel increases your marking speed
Huh. Those seem kinda backwards. Explains why the S++ Intel guy didn't auto-mark stuff.

>>376992848
>Come on man, learn to read before you post.
I did. I was just hoping for more substantiation. A sample of one doesn't really amount to much. Plus, it sounded like he was talking about MGO since he mentioned Fulton Mines.

>>376992971
>Your overal level of MB affects the skill level of soldiers in the field.
I see. So there's not really a way to find soldiers with multiple S ranks. I think I've got MB as high as it can go and I very rarely find two-S soldiers, but nothing like straight S or even straight S++s like I've people mention using. I guess that's Infinite Heaven or whatever that program's called.
>>
>>376992548
If you get serious on FOBs the heroism stat means basically nothing. It gives you voluenteers as >>376992848 said but the FOB reward dudes are usually just superior, depending on the level of FOB you invaded. Also some pitiful amount was required to invade nuclear equipped FOBs. FOB routes have some variables, but here's the basics: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX59sP-pLUxKsKzJmnQpdUne8FiLQDPaY
Box soaks lots of damage, is immune to stun grenades and tranq darts and you can get rid of being marked by the defender with it.
>>
File: bauerangry.jpg (8KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
bauerangry.jpg
8KB, 320x243px
>>376991041
Good.
Maybe we can get rid of the goddamn nukes.
>>
>>376993292
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX59sP-pLUxKsKzJmnQpdUne8FiLQDPaY
Definitely gonna check these out.

>If you get serious on FOBs the heroism stat means basically nothing
I kinda realized this, but I'm really not wanting to wind up with a blood-soaked Snake. Still trying really hard to keep kills to a bare minimum, but it makes FOBs substantially harder.

>Box is immune to tranq darts
That'll come in handy next time I botch a NL snipes run.
>>
>>376993149
Med skill increases octo, acceleramin etc. it might increase parasite canister duration in single player, can't remember. Combat skill reduces stun/tranq duration AFAIK.

You can't get better than S rank dudes in single player apart from the few quaranteed soldiers you get from completing certain missions, like Flaming buffalo from Sahalanthropus. If you lose any of those due to FOB invades or dispatch missions you can get them back by redoing the mission you got them in the first place. Easiest way to fill your MB with A++/S rank soldiers is to do Codetalker -mission. Just run past the skull snipers into the mansion and go to Codetalker to zombify the soldiers, then defeat the skull snipers and all the soldiers gets stunned indefinetively. Using fulton D-dog helps but you can fulton like up to 100 dudes and they all get Service Cross medal to boost their stats slightly.
>>
>>376993667
>Easiest way to fill your MB with A++/S rank soldiers is to do Codetalker -mission.
Haha, yeah. I did that so much I had dreams about it.

>it might increase parasite canister duration in single player, can't remember
I doubt it, sadly. I ran a test to see if Med increased tranq. duration and it didn't, so I doubt it would increase that.
>>
How do I get the parasite suit?
>>
>>376993149
You can purchase S++ soldiers with points and earn them as FOB event rewards.
>>
>>376993815
Complete mission 29: metallic archea and have lvl25 med team and r&d.
>>
>>376993149

Infinite Heaven doesn't screw with or offer S ranked soldiers as far as I'm aware. Different mods offer that stuff but it's pretty blatantly for cheating in FOB mode.
>>
>>376973629
>reddit spacing
>>
And don't lie--As unlikely as it probably always was, having the game's final act be a kind of summarized remake of the original Metal Gear, would have been cool.

Be it from Solid's perspective where the challenge scales with how well you grew and developed Outer Heaven earlier on in the game as the phantom, or from Venom's perspective and you are basically forced to lose.

The second idea would be neat done in a FnaF kind of fashion where you do what you can to slow or deceive him but your men keep dying as he gets closer and finally destroys the platform where it's being housed.

It could have been neat.
>>
>>376993954
>he formats his posts
>must be from reddit
Shit anon

You got me

XD
>>
Without that final act by the way I'd like to remind everyone this game literally was Peace Walker 2.0 and it retraces like all of the same story points and Snake's character development with MSF in Peace Walker and ends at the exact same point.

In both games you almost get to actually see 'the' Outer Heaven. You've been building to it all game; Motherbase has reached its limit; time to close up shop and overthrow a country.

>>Base gets conveniently blasted into the ocean by the next HOT COLDMAN

>>Game abruptly ends after your mcguffin gets hijacked and you're forced to replay the game's hour long tutorial

There was literally no reason for MGS 5 to exist in the story really.
>>
>>376994631
>and it retraces like all of the same story points
I think all of Koji's games do that.

MGS point-for-point retraces MGX.
>>
>>376990479
>Traded in Todd's game to gamestop
Don't you think he doesn't know, anon, you better check under your bed every night.
>>
>>376994803

It does but imo it gets a pass because MGS 1 was the series' debut in the west and MG 1 and 2 were pretty damn unknown if I'm right about this.

They refined the essence of it; But what separates that from Peace Walker and 5 is that there's really no further development on Big Boss because he takes a back seat for the player insert. Going beyond the game loop even in the narrative you do just about the exact same thing under slightly different pretenses, but you arrive to and end it pretty much at the same point in both games.
>>
File: tumblr_mijh4x2Rwc1s5a7sho1_1280.jpg (76KB, 677x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mijh4x2Rwc1s5a7sho1_1280.jpg
76KB, 677x485px
>>376994910
I've been praying to Kojima and checking, so far so good.
>>
>>376995047
>there's really no further development on Big Boss because he takes a back seat for the player insert
spot the retard
>>
>>376976404
never knew you could not kill her.
the boss told me to kill her so i shot the bitch
>>
>>376973629
>-Why do people equip a box and dive out of it while engaging enemies?

It removes being spotted, the marker remains at the box and disappears shortly after.
>>
>>376976404
Only part you really miss her is in the metallic archea (heroic) on first playthrough. My gear just wasn't up to the task at the time and I had to do the stupid hangar roof strat where the AI couldn't reach.
>>
>>376995426

What little we hear of him in the truth tapes take place leading up to the hospital raid. After that he drops off the radar, and from Venom's perspective we just get little tidbits but it's mostly kept to Diamond Dogs.

But maybe it was necessary if you view it as the real Big Boss having all this knowledge from these two previous failures, now knows exactly how to go about establishing his state successfully while this random nobody has to do the same thing for himself to be able to follow up behind with the front company and I guess act as ZL's shield.
>>
they could have handled it better.
There.
it's what happens to like every TPP thread in the last year
>>
>>376995749
>I had to do the stupid hangar roof strat
How do you get up there?
>>
>>376996805
There's a ladder on the corner of the hangar.
>>
>>376996890
Seriously?

Huh.
>>
I have a few questions. What the fuck do you even do online? Is it actually against other people?

Why are we able to play as different characters all the time?

Why is the base so fucking confusing?
>>
>>376987283
Konami spokesperson literally confirmed that disarmament leads to chapter 3. But whether that's just a cutscene or something else is a different matter.
>>
>>376996973
>What the fuck do you even do online?
Infiltrate other people's bases.

>Is it actually against other people?
It can be.

>Why are we able to play as different characters all the time?
Because it's fun.

>Why is the base so fucking confusing?
Elaborate. What about it do you find confusing?
>>
>>376997306
>Elaborate. What about it do you find confusing?ยท

So many fucking paths which lead to dead ends. Can't ever find the right stairs to get to the top of the rig.
>>
Why can't you delete a save on console? What kind of Retard thinks that's a good thing?
>>
>>376996973

The game has an online feature where you create forward operating bases as an extension of your main base to help fuel your growth and capability. These bases can be raided and be defended in real time by other online players, and resources and staff members can be stolen and taken back.

The game's implementation of it is severely gimped from the original idea where instead of instanced FOBs it was going to be the motherbase featured in the story (Motherbase and FOBs in the game are identical and built the same way).

Plus. in the game online resources are pretty much just extra and the game hands you free shit so often that losses can't really impact a person's progress in the story.

It doesn't really affect you until you break into the higher tiers in the research tree.
>>
i'm scared to log in
my FOB will be pillaged, won't they
;_;
>>
>>376997423
It's a mazelike so that attackers don't have easy time rolling it over like what happened to the original Motherbase. Gameplay wise it's to allow multiple routes for the infiltrator and defender to play on.
>>
>>376995642
>the boss told me to kill her
>the boss
>miller
>miller is the boss
That explains their erotic spa wrestling.
>>
>>376997567
It's better to see it with your own eyes. Be brave.
>>
>>376993439
PC will never be able to get rid of nukes due to hackers. There's one player in particular, who's in possession of both a nuke and a hacked FOB, that can't be invaded. Looking at the details of his FOB shows that he has hundreds of cameras, much more than any FOB could hold. Trying to infiltrate him crashes the game.
>>
>>376973629
>You can use Noctocyanin or D-Dog to make yourself aware of enemies through walls/floors, then use the Int-Scope to point at them and tag them

I don't think it works that way...
>>
>>376997567
all you gotta do is long in for 10 minutes every 3 days to assign online deployments to keep your staff numbers up. You can only be invaded once every 12 hours or so, and you only lose a handful of shitter soldiers (especially if you put all your S+ soldiers on contract) and you routinely net around 16 s+ and over 30 s ranked. I really don't get why some people complain about this so much.
>>
>>377000243
It does work that way.
Marking manually instead of waiting for the automatic marking to take place even works through walls.
However, you usually don't know when a soldier is standing behind a wall, so you can not mark him manually.
Use D-Dog or Noctocyanin and their position will be revealed. Simply mark them and they will become properly and permanently marked.

I do it on FOBs all the time, on the last deck especially.
>>
>>377000605
>Marking manually instead of waiting for the automatic marking to take place even works through walls.

I don't think so, and auto marking never shows on the map
>>
>>377000679
You can see me do it in the following video (05:40):

https://youtu.be/fn5Nd4J9rqw?t=5m40s
>>
>>377000865
I always forget you can place markers with lt
>>
>>377000865
So is online dead or will people still come to defend their shit?
What about metal gear online?
>>
>>377003131
I have personally answered this twice already.
>>
I've been meaning to replay TPP. What are some good ways to increase the challenge? So far I was only thinking of doing every mission in subsistence mode
>>
>>376975315
>Is this subtle shilling for the great MGS reveal the tranny keeps going on about

What's this? What tranny?
>>
>>377003207
Turn of Reflex Mode and Enemy Presence obviously.
>>
>>377003207
Turn off everything. Literally the most immersive game I've ever played.
>>
>>376991041
Yeah all these types of games thrive on PS4 for this reason alone. I got it on both once some RU hacker instantly killed everyone in my entire fob within 10 seconds
>>
>>376976708

That's the only way I've played it
>>
>>376991023
If anything I'd say you're the autist for trying to force your opinion on someone who is clearly having fun.
>>
>>376994631
Every single mgs game does this btw. I genuinely almost started a YouTube channel with a little series showing all the parrallels in the games before i lost interest. It's genuinely not fair to shit on 5 for this reason alone.
>>
TPP would be the objective GOTYAY if it had only included E51 and dropped mobile-esque shit. Discuss.

for now it is only a 9/10
>>
>>377004257
even without E51 I had more fun with it than with any other game in the past 5 years. it's a flawed masterpiece.
>>
>>376991041
I think consoles can still have hackers, it doesn't seem like a difficult game to cheat in. I remember one dude made grenades appear on every player in the game, killing them instantly.
>>
>>377005721
PS4 hasn't been cracked yet AFAIK. Every other system has though. Or well, I don't know whether XBOne has or not.
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.