[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes this so good? It looks horrible with clunky combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: KotOR_Cover.png (662KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662KB, 768x960px
What makes this so good? It looks horrible with clunky combat
>>
>>376972176
Vidya magic and nostaglia.
>>
It's just good Star Wars fun that doesn't try to pretend to be something more than it is.
>>
>>376972176
It was good at the time and the dialog tree stuff was pretty new, it's too bad it never got better and is now a stale shit formula and the gameplay has also aged like milk. Still some fun dialog thoug.
>>
>>376972176
It's alright. It's mainly popular for the tweest. I liked 2 better.
>>
>>376972176
Extending the SW lore and making it actually good. DnD SW CRPG. Branching dialogue and story
>>
File: 1485315314333.jpg (8KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1485315314333.jpg
8KB, 300x199px
>tfw making Zaalbar kill Mission
first time i actually felt bad on the dark side route
>>
It not good.
>>
>>376972176
It did a Star Wars prequel better than the Star Wars prequels.
>>
>>376972665

Same brother. Even playing it as an edgy teen I actually felt bad after choosing that option and watching it play out.

The gameplay is kind of rough to do a re-play now but it was an incredible game for '03 and a product of Bioware when that actually meant something.
>>
>>376973854
>The gameplay is kind of rough to do a re-play now but it was an incredible game for '03
wat
What are you fuckers drinking. The gameplay to this is shit and it always was. It was never a good game. It holds up entirely on whether the writing's any good. Well, one of them does.
>>
>>376974119

Nostalgia, I guess. Spam flurry spam flurry spam flurry all day.

Leave the memories alone, it was fun when I played it. Too bad the whole thing's non-canon since Disney bought the IP.
>>
first crpg, huh? i think TW3 is more suited to your taste
>>
>>376973854
This. I went full dark side because I was an edgemaster emo teen but killing off most your allies like that just made me feel horrible. Really horrible. I liked Mission.
>>
>>376974476
>Too bad the whole thing's non-canon since Disney bought the IP.
They deserved it for making the Exile female. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>376972176

Taris is a difficult planet to start off on because of how shitty the side quests can be. Try to get through it and you'll get to the good parts of the game.
>>
>>376975530
Female Exile has an interesting angle with Sion and Atton
Jedi Jesus has Handmaiden though you can argue Disciple is more plot relevant
>>
>>376974119
muh kotor 2 super deep metaphysical high IQ intellectual grey moral writing so epic

kotor 1 had some of the same themes but it didnt beat you over the head with it
>>
>>376972176
No, you're right, KOTOR 1 is shit. KOTOR 2 is the game you want to play.
>>
>>376974725
My guess is that if you don't play these games at the time they come out, you probably won't get into any of them many years later
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.