[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth $3.99 or did I fuck up? I was drunk when I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Is it worth $3.99 or did I fuck up? I was drunk when I bought it..

What am I in for?
>>
Check the score in RT to have an idea.
>>
Bumping because I want to know if I should buy
>>
Boring game with graphics for ants. Also steampunk is shit.
>>
>>376963940
I don't know what that is.
>>
It's 4 dollars nigga, just buy one less beer when you go out next or something and you're back to budget.

it's not worth it since it's probably dead easy to pirate and is also a bad game.
>>
>>376963895
Cheaper than a movie ticket. Should be worth the price you paid for.

Anyway, you're in for great costumes and atmosphere but average gameplay that only comes in bite size format before another long cutscene comes up.
>>
>>376963895
I bought a copy for $10 a few years back. I actually had a really good time with the game. The gameplay is nothing amazing, but the game is short enough that it doesn't overstay its welcome. I would have been disappointed if I spend more than $20 on it due to its length, but at that price I'd say it's definitely worth it.
>>
>>376964126
There's a way to pirate PS4 games now?
>>
Sure. I paid 10$ for it and it's good.
>>
Sub-$5 is a good price for it.
>>
A very shitty game, $3.99 seems like how much it should have cost to begin with.
>>
>>376964126
>it's not worth it since it's probably dead easy to pirate
It's a PS4 game.
>>
>>376963895
It's worth it for that price. A pretty good value, actually.

The big matter with the game isn't the fun-factor, but more so the playtime. It's a very, very short game.
>>
It's a mediocre movie with nice set pieces and cgi
>>
>>376964404
How short we talking? 5 hours?
>>
>>376963895
Below average third person shooter gameplay and story, above average graphics and imagination.

Giving little bit more detail, there's things in this game that I absolutely love and things that I absolutely hate. For the latter, the story is generic shite that relies on the MC not telling another character important information because "I don't want to trouble you". Some of the main gameplay is downright abysmal, such as fighting werewolves (both normal and bosses) or the stealth sections. Actually, the stealth sections are the worst in any that I've ever played, ever. They somehow mash long checkpoint times, quicktime events, bullshit enemy detections and one-hit kills for a truly vile experience. Luckily, there are only a couple of stealth sections iirc, but they absolutely stain the game.

However, I love the world and its lore, and it's all beautifully realised in the best graphics that I've ever seen anywhere (better than my toaster PC). The main cast was engaging and I felt myself invested in the story through them, despite the tired story trope that they had to use to drive the narrative. The guns were also quite creative and unique, and made the otherwise tedious gameplay quite fun at times.

I'd give it a 4/10. And I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition.
>>
File: strategy guide.jpg (163KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
strategy guide.jpg
163KB, 720x960px
>>376963895
You're in for a treat
>>
>>376965174
is this a joke?
>>
>>376965132
Yeah I heard about all the QTEs for bosses but I was hoping the third person shooting sections would make it worth four dollars.

I didn't know it had stealth portions though. I fucking hate stealth.
>>
>>376964243
There's always been.
>>
>>376964112
Russia Today.
Check Russia Today for their review of this game.
>>
Expect something at E3 this year.

Let's just say...

The Order 2886
>>
>>376966218
I'm not giving that shitty website clicks.
>>
>>376965898
Yeah, the third person shooting is worth four dollars. Personally, my cut-off would be twenty.

As for the stealth though... Yeah, you're in for a rough time when you get to them. The last section got me close to dropping the game and I actually LIKE stealth games. Luckily, they don't last for too long but man, it's basically "how not to do stealth gameplay: the game".
>>
The fact a $60 AAA game is being sold for 4 bucks in the first place should be all you need to know about how bad it is. Good games don't get discounted for that much.
>>
>>376967226
Well it is like three years old..
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.