[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bushido-blade-usa.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
bushido-blade-usa.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
It was 10 minutes long. Had I bought instead of rented it back in the day, I'd probably never buy a game by Square again.
>>
its a fighting game. the story mode is only there for unlocking shit. your suppose to mainly play versus mode with your friends. you do have friends, right?
>>
>>376962684
I only know about this game because of Skalligram.
>>
>>376962684
>didn't play even half the game

As said >>376963442 said, it was a fighting game.

It's offerings were actually above par at the time with multiple modes and maps. You could transition from one map to another mid fight as most of them were actually connected to one another.

Also it had a few different modes, including the pretty challenging and fun survival mode against waves of progressively harder enemies that kinda teach you new mechanics because they will fuck you up if you don't understand the skill they're demanding . Things like shifting your balance forward or backwards when you clash swords or learning to 'abandon' an unfavorable situation and roll away when off balance and such.

The game really tried some new concepts that haven't really been explored before or since. It was pretty fun with friends

If you think the sewer level is that last level, then all you've ever seen is the 'bad end' and only half the game OP. I don't blame you, the real ending is obtuse and circuitous, and really wouldn't expect anyone to get it without a guide or some real dedication to ''get gud"
>>
>get Bushido Blade 2 as a kid
>find out that you can commit sudoku during a fight
>trick friends into doing it when we play
>'yeah, you can do a special attack if you press select'
good times. those games were pretty dope though
>>
>>376962684
I had this as one of the demo games on the Playstation magazine demo discs they used to send out. Used to replay it quite a lot. Had to restart the PS1 to reselect a different fighter each time, but it was neat roaming the levels and fooling around with all the movesets. I still have that demo disc and cover. Has the FF7 cover with a bunch of game snapshots on the back. Saga Frontier, Bushido Blade, FF VII, and FFT. What a time to be alive
>>
Game was fun as fuck.
Shame we will never get a bushido blade 3
>>
>>376962684
idk but bushido blade 2 was amazing
>>
Loved it, played it all the time with my friend, always ran into the bamboo area to fight.
>>
>>376964205
hah, yeah. Slash mode. If you beat it on hard without dying you could unlock the guy with the gun to play in vs mode. Brother and I spent hours getting that guy unlocked.

Thinking about it, I'm not sure anyone would've gotten the good end without a guide. There was nothing even hinting at the arbitrary requirements:

-Have to run to the well and jump down it WITHOUT GETTING HIT EVEN ONCE while the AI chases you down trying to kill you.

-Can't hit the AI when they aren't 'ready' for it. No hitting in the back, no using sand/dirt in their eyes, no using alternate shuriken/throwing knives.

-iirc pretty sure it had to be all done in one life, no continues.

Have to run to the sewer, with the computer chasing you the whole way trying to kill you. This takes like 5 minutes or so and one scratch means you start over.

Fighting the gun wielding guy was a trip. Once we unlocked him for vs was fun to try and take him down when he's controlled by a human opponent.

The game had it's faults, but it was still great. A tense fighting system where death is on the line the entire time and anything can happen. Man that shit was fantastic local multiplayer.

Why hasn't it been redone? I always thought something good was going to come from this series. The best we've gotten is shitty Nidhogg. Actually was eyeballing For Honor since it looked like it had an interesting strike/parry/block system.
>>
I bet you fought dishonorably so the game kicked you out
>>
>tfw made 20 bucks off my older brothers friends cause of this game when i was seven

good memories
>>
>>376962684
The multiplayer in this game was amazing. One of my favorite fighting games on the PS1. I still remember how disappointed I was when the disc became scratched and unplayable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.