[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else been playing the beta? Thoughts on it so far?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

File: 514514513651356.jpg (57KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
514514513651356.jpg
57KB, 1728x972px
Anybody else been playing the beta? Thoughts on it so far?
>>
trash made for OW fans.
>>
it was stupid to push ahead so fast without perfect netcode
>>
>>376957678
What? I don't really see how it's comparable to Overwatch.
>>
>>376957880
>class system.
>>
File: 1494792410639.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494792410639.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
visor best character
duel is lame
sacrifice is alright but i still prefer ctf
>>
boring
>>
>>376957539
MOBA TRASH SUCKS ASS

fuck off shill idiot
>>
File: 1472602564188.gif (315KB, 234x159px) Image search: [Google]
1472602564188.gif
315KB, 234x159px
>>376958645
>shill

Go back to /pol/ faggot.
>>
>>376957539
>needs a classic mode and do not fucking say it will, they said it will be an option for custom games which means nothing
>needs classic CTF
>>
>>376958902
kill yourself shill
>>
I downloaded and played one game this afternoon. Seemed like Quake 3 without the fun movement.
>>
>>376957539
As a waiting and crashing simulator is very good.
As a game hard to tell, because game won't allows you to even operate in game menu without crash.
>>
>>376958357
>aiming
OK, that's does it. Fuck you Bethesda.
>>
>>376959003
It has the fun movement though. Also it has air control and crouchsliding.
>>
>>376959326
>this moba shit has "fun movement"
Confirmed shill
>>
I'm not digging the weapon or character balance, realistically they'll never properly balance the champions
>>
>>376959003
It has the movement though
>>
>>376959761
I've found visor to be the best since he's closest to vq3 movement and isn't balanced around using abilities all the time.
>>
>>376958357
wait how do you get the gun in the center?
>>
>>376957539
It has some issues that need ironing out but it's otherwise pretty decent. They really need to sort out the netcode, it can't be this bad on release if it wants to succeed.
>>
>>376960437
The Q1 rocket launcher is centered.
>>
>>376960539
why just the one gun why not just have it like an option like doom
>>
The colours are boring, the graphics are slimy bad, dubstep effects and soundtrack are cringy, the movement doesn't feel as liquid as ql, cash grab team fortress clone, the moba elements make the game impossible to be ever balanced. No costumization at all.

But what hurts the most is it's awefully optimized, the game looks like it could be run on ultra with 100 FPS on a 2012 PC.
>>
As someone who only ever played Quake 64, I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would be, maybe because I still haven't mastered rocket jumping. I got the jist of controlling the mega armor and health though and won a few FFA.

I just don't like the different health values. I get speedier characters trade it for health but when you have someone like Scalebearer who gets 150 health with 75 armor and his ult is a get out of jail card that can kill along with taking reduced damage, feels kind of pointless to play Nyx or Slash
>>
>>376957539
It promotes people using buzzwords like "netcode" and "hitscan". Can't land rails/hit boxes are wonked, maps have random shit to get stuck on while trying to be superfast. rockets are delayed and it feels counter productive to commit it to muscle memory when it "should change", tim wilits reminds me of the guy that runs the borderlands show, kinda jolly weirdo. duel matches are all loading no content. no nades. maps are just not that great except for dm6 cause nostalgia. abilities can obviously be useful but as a whole feel a bit arbitrary. Hope it gets better though cause the game is hard and there are people who are amazing at it and thats fun to experience / try to emulate
>>
>>376957539
i enjoy it but it stutters and lags like mad so i stopped playing it
>>
>>376960914
and this, laggy as all get out, plays warp around and its just dumb
>>
>>376960725
And Slash just got recently nerfed. Somehow starting with 25 armor was too much. So now you still cap out at 25, but dont spawn with any. Meanwhile that paladin cunt keeps health, armor and takes only a middling speed drop.

Sadness.
>>
netcode is abysmal, as are loading times and general performance

uncapped cmdrate is completely retarded and results in way too many people warping, especially if you live somewhere like australia where a lot of people have good pcs but shit net

hitreg is still shit even when both players have a good connection

complete lack of hud customization is shit too.

the in-game cosmetic system is so poorly thought out and the menus are incredibly convoluted and just generally unreponsive
>>
>>376957539
I had my hopes Really REALLY low after Wolfenstein and Doom and it still managed to dissapoint me. The direction this game targeting or has a goal so to speak is already irreversible. Maybe UT will be better in 2 more years (obviously not). Let it die.
>>
I'm cyka blyat with shitty toaster i.e. the target audience of this game. Did they update it since closed beta? Any performance improvements? I have horrible lag spikes very often. Only blood covenant map is somewhat playable for me.
>>
>>376958357
does it sound like the rocket launcher from back too?
>>
It's trash that neither Quake players wouldn't like and also trash that people who like team shooters wouldn't like, so in the end you have no one who likes it.

Runs like shit, looks like shit. Hit detection feels off for a Quake game.
>>
>>376961257
Lag spikes at the start of the match persist like a cunt. As well as the usual loading time fucking mess that this is.
Nothing major from closed to now except they added a new not quite ctf mode and some other tweaks.
>>
>>376958645
>>376959637
>MOBA

Have you ever played a MOBA? This is nothing even comparable to a MOBA.
>>
After Tribes and Titanfall I unironically find movement system too plain and want more, not less.
>>
>>376961542
Not him, but as much you think you're right the same wrong you are.

>It's not even close
>>
>>376961673
Then please, explain to me the MOBA aspects of the game.
>>
>>376959101
>he doesn't know
>>
>>376961743
I dont think he can. Its become as much of a buzzword as anything else now.
The main reason whiny cunts keep saying this is "active abilitys".
As if such things didnt exist outside of MOBAs, and as if there wasnt tons of mods and mutators for Quake introducing such things years ago anyway.
Just contrarian faggots needing to cry out something. Its this or Shill.
>>
Going back to Reflex after playing this laggy piece of shit feels so fucking amazing.
>>
File: Aleppo.jpg (104KB, 1024x511px) Image search: [Google]
Aleppo.jpg
104KB, 1024x511px
>>376957539
Its okay, has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure if they'll cater more to the quake veteran crowd before quakecon comes out. there are a lot of things I want to see changed.
>>
>>376962098
>reflex
>>
>>376960725
>someone who only ever played Quake 64
What in the goddamn fuck? Go play Quake 1 and Q3A right now. They're good.
>>
slash is pretty cute
>>
>>376958902
>implying this is a /pol/ term
Im loving QC so far, but you seriously need to kill yourself.
>>
I used to play a lot of quake live. Until they added the cancer load out system. I tried a few games the other day, and just got done playing like 6 more rounds. I honestly don't like it at all.
>>
>>376959003
Who makes these posts, seriously? Are these false-flagging, butthurt OW fans? Or are these seriously made by disgruntled QL players?

You obviously haven't played the game you fucking retard, it not only has Q3's exact movement mechanics; but also Q1, seriously neck yourself.
>>
>>376957539
6/10
shitty ui, awful netcode but nice visuals
lack the depth and balance as ether a competitive or casual title as one skill per character is too little to distinguish them in gameplay and too much to make for a well balanced experiejce

dead at arrival, 30k players at any time after a year, dead after two
>>
>>376964269
>any non-blizzard title out of steam
>ever achieving 30k concurrent players
kek
>>
File: GAAH.png (36KB, 683x536px) Image search: [Google]
GAAH.png
36KB, 683x536px
>>376964658
Why are they not putting the game on steam? Are they fucking mad?
>>
>>376964901
because Bethesda wants all the money from the microtransactions
I think they're forgetting they need players first though.
>>
>>376964658
its f2p, it will reach 30k easy and stay above for a while
>>
>>376964901
its on Bethesda client
and while its nice to have all games in one client even for me, fuck steam, valve is a cancerous growth on the industry
>>
>>376963820
Quake 64 is Quake 1 though :^)
>>
Wait there are ults? The characters have different speed and armor stats?

JUST fuck my quake up.
>>
File: PERSONA.png (469KB, 553x552px) Image search: [Google]
PERSONA.png
469KB, 553x552px
>>376957539
played it for a bit, didn't like how movement felt compared to older quake or the original UT, uninstalled pretty quickly.

Game's in some kind of mechanic uncanny valley. Close enough to right that what's wrong feels extremely wrong.
>>
>>376961218
Doom is actually really fun compared to QC
>>
>>376965672
Whatever your feelings towards steam and valve are, it's just a bad move to not go where a good chunk, if not the majority, of the PC playerbase purchase there games from.
>>
>>376966130
>>376965672
I'm already kinda stretched having both steam and the blizz client

The Bethesda client is like the blizz client but way way shitter. It even fucking bluescreened my computer while installing QC.
>>
>>376964998
if that makes you sleep better at night anon
>>
>>376966080
QC in its current buggy state is already more fun than nuDoom for me.
>>
>>376967258
I'll admit that the move speed is a bit sluggish for my tastes but everything is else is vastly superior
>>
>>376967436
A lower enemy count than Quake 1, RPG mechanics, and complete removal of any interesting movement mechanics makes it worse.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.