[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: BDO.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
BDO.png
365KB, 500x500px
Is this game any good atm?

Worth my time at it's current state?

Worth my money?

I know about how grindy it is at endgame
>>
>a korean MMO
Of course not. It's total shit.
>>
>>376956690
fuck. Have you played it recently?
>>
>>376956627
good if you enjoying pay 2 win korean grinding garbage that's still just another shit chinese WoW ripoff
>>
>>376956627
It was supposed to be Y Online, the real deal, but then it was butchered in closed beta 3 and became your average generic casual padded MMO.

It's complete garbage, like every single other mmo out there.
>>
>>376956850
How the fuck is it pay to win? The only things in the cash shop are pretty princess dress up items and shit like inventory expansion
>>
>>376956627
It really depends on what you plan on doing...PVP is real rough to get into because everything is so gear/level dependent. Top tier gear is almost unobtainable by the average player unless you are making bank from life skills.
>>
How can people still play these fucking garbage WoW ripoffs?

I don't understand

Every single fucking MMO looks identical. There is 0 fucking originality in terms of gameplay and mechanics

You really have to be autistic
>>
It was worth the $5 it cost a few months ago
>>
>>376957341
Now here comes the FF XIV shill to tell us how it totally isn't a WOW rip-off except an even more boring version without pvp.
>>
>>376956627
It's pretty bad now compared to how it was at launch. The PvP is kind of okay, but the game is utterly grindy.
>>
>>376957459
I've never played FF XIV so stop assuming things faggot. But just looking at the screenshots you can tell it's another generic garbage like every other MMO.

Who gives a fuck if the environment and music is pretty if it's the same exact thing as WoW from 2004 with slightly better graphics
>>
>>376957215
can real money be used to get end game gear? currency trading included
>>
>>376957662
You can't trade items in the game so there is zero gold farming market. The only way to obtain items is from the in game auction house and the min/max of prices are controlled so you can't just pay someone 200 bucks to list an expensive item for 1 gold.
>>
>>376956627
I played beta back in the day, uninstalled as soon as I discovered that the armor you're wearing doesn't show up on your character unless it's the armor from $ shop, and after I discovered that there's no trade and auction house prices are set automatically for you
>>
>>376956627
I play this every day and I hate myself for it. It's not fun, not rewarding even if you grind for 10 hours a day every day, RNG controls every aspect; there is no skill involved. The community is filled with asshurt crybaby faggots who will report you for no reason and everyone sucks the developers dicks despite them just making the game worse with every decision. The team that handles the overseas stuff is pure shit and their servers are complete garbage with tons of desync and lag so more than half the classes don't even function correctly.

Don't play this shitheap.
>>
>>376956627
No it's not good

>severe desync with high mobility classes
>pay to loot system with pets ($40 minimum)
>absolutely need to purchase weight limit increases
>pay to win because you can drastically increase the durability gains by purchasing items through the pearl shop
>setting up profitable nodes takes an extreme time investment
>>
>>376958336
i believe you senpai

also get help
>>
it's got a great combat system and world but, it has too much rng, it never really feels like you're working with people, the net code is shit and it's got a shitty cash shop business model. It's sad because it could be such a great game.
>>
>>376958452
Except you can get those items for free with loyalty
>>
Even now the game has potential to be good but the dev team has no fucking clue what they're doing. Every interesting feature is implemented in the absolute worst way imaginable.

Some classes can get through the whole game with just 2 attacks while others require you to have full mastery of the game and play your keyboard like a piano.
>>
>>376959106

You can get 200 weight from loyalty on each character and that's it. You can only get pets from the cash shop or getting EXTREMELY LUCKY and winning them from the marketplace, and good luck ever getting the pets needed to loot faster from just buying them off the market. Each artisan memory increases your durability repaired by 3 on yellow rare items and they cost 400 loyalty each, you get 100 loyalty a day.
>>
>>376959272
You act like you absolutely need them when you don't. You are fucking retarded if you are wasting those when you are repairing boss gear with memory frags. Even the gorram koreans aren't doing that when memory frags are easy as fuck to get.
>>
File: 1487030720872.jpg (143KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1487030720872.jpg
143KB, 1280x1440px
>>376956627
if you can get it for less than $20 it's worth a try. you'll get to lvl 56 and get your awakening weapon and quickly realize how grindy the game is. all your best skills are locked behind this grinding level wall and some guy 1 lvl higher than you will shit on you in pvp for it.

i wouldn't really call the cash shop pay to win, but it does offer a lot of convenience items that feel mandatory to have, such as items that allow you to carry more weight which is super important in bdo.

the item upgrade system is awful, and make you wonder what kind of mentally ill monkey designed it. the """optimal""" way of upgrading your gear is essentially an exploit that will make you tear your hair out because of how retarded it is.

i still had fun playing it though, at least until the new weapons skills from my awakening weapon got boring for me after endlessly grinding for hours on end. the best thing about bdo is the combat, and everything else is sub-par compared to it
>>
>>376959665
I honestly just bot fishing non-stop....I could honestly buy a PEN ogre ring right now if someone were to ever fucking list one.
>>
>>376959106
>you can get those items after a year of daily logins while playing without them
>completely ignoring the other aspects of it being pay to win
BDO shills just in denial because they've already dropped hundreds trying to up tier pets LOL
>>
>>376959663
What are you using them for then.
>>
>Korean MMO
never evere
here how you make modern korean mmo
>do one thing right
>fail to do everything else
>pay 2 win
>>
>>376960064
I don't use them for anything because i have billions in fucking gold and just buy shit already upgraded off the market. It isn't worth your time trashing gear to build up fail stacks only to fuck your gear up even more.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.