[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Microsoft Studios.png (2MB, 1198x691px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft Studios.png
2MB, 1198x691px
Microsoft Studios is the video game production wing for Microsoft, responsible for the development and publishing of games for the Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Games for Windows, Steam, Windows Store, and Windows Phone platforms
>>
>>376953694
thinking people want to play console shooters still
>>
How long was it since they announced Crackdown3? fucking lol
>>
>>376953694
Wait until E3. I promise you. I can't post any info, as the people who know the E3 plans are on a fucking list, but MS is trying a lot more this year.
>>
>>376954234
I'm magic as well.

Can confirm.
>>
Ever notice that Microsoft seems to fail so badly in so many markets?

They failed in the smartphone market.
They failed in the AI voice assistant market.
They failed in the PC gaming and App market.
They failed in the web browser market.
They're failing in the console market, as well.
>>
>>376954398
Fine, want a hint?
The Originals will be coming, Look backwards, August 15th 17
>>
>>376953992
Nearly 3 years.
>>
>>376953694
I WANT FREELANCER SOURCE CODE!!

FUCKING MICROSOFT GIVE US SOURCE CODE TO ENABLE AUTO TURRETS YOU FAGGOT JEW.
>>
>>376954771
How relevant are any of those markets beyond smart phones? Who even cares?
>>
>>376955223
Microsoft, presumably, given that they invested pretty heavily into them
Of course, they don't really care that much, since their gaming division is nothing compared to having a near monopoly on hope computing. Which is probably why they don't do very well, the CEOs/investors likely want them to stop wasting money on this stupid gaming crap and just ride on Minecraft's profits
>>
File: A healthy breakfast.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
A healthy breakfast.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
microsoft should focus on software again, like bill gates forced them to. make good games again.

Steve 'DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS' ruined the shit out of microsoft.
>>
>>376954398
Spencer confirmed they have several unannounced AAA """"exclusives"""" that they will reveal.

MS might not have the most first party studios but they can still buy shit.
>>
>>376955971
It's not like Satya Nutella is doing any better. His retarded stance on making Microsoft a services based company is purely retarded.
>>
>>376956463
It's the absolute correct approach being done by the absolute incorrect company.
>>
>>376953694
Retarded executives and sleazy marketers that have no passion for gaming just making money.
>>
>>376953992
>>376955114
>there are people who blame platinum for scalebound
>>
>>376953694
>GOW past 3
>Halo past 3

They didn't seem to know what the fuck they were doing and have horrible dev relations. Forza seems to be about the only franchise they handled somewhat fine and that seemed to rest more on early Turn 10 than the microtransactionfests that 5 and 6 are.

They're sitting on a ton of great franchises but I'd never want them to touch most of them and I refuse to "upgrade" to Win10
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Studios#Owned_franchises_and_properties
>>
>>376953694
>Microsoft Studios
>Microsoft
its in the title right there faggot
>>
>>376957217
To be fair the original plan was to just release only the multiplayer version which is why they announced it so early, they decided that was retarded and delayed the game.
>>
>>376957217
Yeah, ya can.
>In between the launch of Bayo2 and the reveal of Scalebound they made Legend of Korra, Transformers(A good game), Star Fox Zero and a shitty TMNT game that was removed from XBL and other platforms 6 months later.
>instead of all bunkering down and making scalebound
Yeah, it's fucking funny that you people blame MS for this.
>>
>>376953694
>no crimson skies
>no more mechassault
>no more urban assault
>no more conker
>no more perfect dark
>no more age of empires (skybox labs is treating the game better than microsoft ever could
they're sitting on a bunch of IPs and are doing fuck all with it. If you don't wanna do shit with it, give it to developer studios who do want to make a game with them.
>>
>>376957807
Plat has different dev teams for different projects. Scalebound was the largest project that they have ever worked on and even hired more people to work on it. It was thanks to the different projects they worked on that they didn't close their doors when Scalebound was canceled.
>>
File: phil-spencer-y-kamiya-gamers.jpg (60KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
phil-spencer-y-kamiya-gamers.jpg
60KB, 1200x630px
>>376953694
can this friendship be repaired?
can Microsoft's overall relationship with Japanese devs be repaired?
>>
>>376958680
Their relationship with Platinum is dead, and Capcom's own incompetence has tarnished theirs (Seriously what the FUCK were they thinking with Dead Rising 4?)

They're ruining out of options
>>
>>376957405
>uses windows
>claims he is one of the %0.005 of anons running linux when accused of this
/v/ is retard
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.