[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ think ecelebs help sell games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: compressed-prvf.jpg (311KB, 1402x3378px) Image search: [Google]
compressed-prvf.jpg
311KB, 1402x3378px
Why does /v/ think ecelebs help sell games?
>>
File: 2ouFq7k.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
2ouFq7k.png
51KB, 657x527px
well I personally only watched LPs back when I was too poor to afford the games, so...
>>
If you know your game is going to be spoiled by LPs why not charge lets players more money?
>>
>>376949948
>Mom, I posted it again!
>>
post the one about anita when she shilled that awful pixel feminist game
>>
What Ecelebs/Let's Players does /v/ like?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>376950453
Giant Bomb since they're are literally /OURGUYS/
They have been a part of /v/ and vidya cutlure since 2008.
Anyone that tells you otherwise is a liar/EZ ally cuck.
>>
>>376950216
They send their games to the Lets Players
>>
>>376949948
They help sell multiplayer games. There's no point viewers buying a game with a story they watched through on youtube.
>>
>>376949948
A Jumpscare game? No. Only FNaF with it's
>DEEPEST LORE
could keep a eceleb from blowing through and showing everyone it's content.
>>
>>376950547

this

Giantbomb is honest and unbiased and when they're about to shill something on their podcast they make sure to emphasize THIS IS AN AD
>>
>>376950806
Completely 100% agree.
They have NEVER been biased about any subject and will never tell lies about something because of their personal politics.
>>
>>376949948
Are the people who made Sofie's Curse retarded?

They should realize they can get money from all those people who practically stole their game
>>
>>376950925

well yes they do have their preferences, you tend to know which of them will like which games with time but it's very rare that theyll all drool on a single game unless it's truly exceptional (latest example would probably be DOOM)
>>
>>376951192
No. No preferences. Giant Bomb have never had any bias whatsoever. Stop spreading lies.

www.deepfreeze.it/journo.php?j=alex_navarro
>>
>>376951310

are you trying to say something? spell it out faggot i havent got all day
>>
>>376950632
This. Why would I buy a singleplayer game if I watched someone else play it?
>>
>>376949948
This is bait right?
Nobody can be this stupid and actually think that handpicked example proves anything and is bewieldered why jump scare bullshit #140213 for 0,99 made for Youtubers got outsold by an actual game.
>>
>>376949948
Let's Plays are great because they hurt the sales of shitty movie games. There's no point in buying a game like The Last of Us or telltale shit when you can just watch the game on YouTube. Facecams are fucking cancer and usually the voice over on LPs is insufferable, but I just watch videos without them.
>>
Horror games are a niche genre because they aren't explicitly enjoyable. Someone who's scared would watch a let's player play it and freak out, then take comfort because they aren't actually playing.
>>
I don't follow e-celebs or letsplayers.
at most i'll occasionally just do a quick search if i want to see gameplay of a game, since fucking publishers don't make demos anymore.
although i guess that endless faggotry surrounding fagtron and the british furfag's making a shitty platformer collector game in the year 2017 made me aware of their game. aware enough to laugh at the fact they thought there's an audience for that kind of shitty game anymore. it's not the 1980s anymore, take your furry protag jumping around collecting magical floating shiny rings back to that era, yokaa-laylee devs. i didn't even think those games were very fun back when i was 9.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.