[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will witchercucks defend this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 13

File: The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png (3MB, 2280x794px) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher 3 vs Gothic 2.png
3MB, 2280x794px
How will witchercucks defend this?
>>
"Gothic? What the hell is Gothic? Go back to your obscure indie RPGs, RPGCodex."-Average Witcher fan
>>
JUST
>>
File: real story.png (154KB, 495x497px) Image search: [Google]
real story.png
154KB, 495x497px
>>376948720
By remembering that i got over 200 hours of enjoyment from witcher 3 and the entire series. lol
>>
"Muh GOTY" is the only thing a witchercuck can respond with when his shit game has been exposed for how shit it is
>>
If this matters so much, then how come that despite this the Witcher 3 is still a lot better game than Gothic 2?
>>
>>376948720
Both are shit games for different reasons.
>>
>>376948720
too bad for you that you're unable to enjoy both.

must suck being an autistic manchild
>>
>>376950149
>I don't enjoy garbage therefore Im an autist
>>
Reading is for fucking nerds.
>>
Is Witcher 3 really like this or OP's cherrypicking?
I can't run it properly on my current hardware but I was excited to do that one day
>>
>>376950425
it's exactly like this, every single quest tells you exactly where to go and what to do, you follow the red footprints all the time and just press a button at the end to finish the quest
>>
>>376950425
Pretty much. You use your Witcher sense a lot to trail things and find interactables in the environment. I still like the game, but it can't be denied that it guides you like that HARD.
>>
>Expecting Poles to have >100 IQ
>>
>>376950425
it has some pretty simplified gameplay elements but the game as a whole is quite good.

OP's just an angry autist.
>>
>>376948720
>Witcher 3 cuck
ftfy
>>
>>376950660
Its not like gothic was super popular in poland or something right?
>>
>>376950691
>as a whole is quite good.

Nothing in this game is good

There is no gameplay. Story is trash. No exploration. No challenge. No dialogue choices

Kys
>>
>>376948720
W3 is made for current generation that needs to be spoon-fed, so you got that sort of stuff. It is still a very good game, same as Gothic 2.
>>
>>376950748
>>376950825
calm down, autist
>>
Both are awful. I don't understand /v/'s hard on with written directions. They still spell everything out for you, just not with a visual cue.
>>
>>376950691
>it has some pretty simplified gameplay elements
Pretty is an understatement. Everything related to combat is exploitable and cheesable, barely any variety besides flashy animations.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
drowners
>>
>>376948720
It's still better than Dead Space's "go this way" button.
>>
>>376948720
It's an open world game and there isn't a better way to represent his enhanced senses.
>>
>tfw unironically think G2 is the best rpg ever
>>
File: more skeltals.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
more skeltals.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
the witcher 3 is a trash game and a trash open world

the last good open world game came out in 2002.
>>
>>376950805
Poland barely had working toasters that year
>>
>muh nostalgia: the post
Yeah ok
>>
>>376951963
>nostalgia

there have been countless posts explaining why tw3 is shit and gothic 2 is better and all witchercucks can reply with is "muh nostalgia" or "muh goty"
>>
>>376948720
>I hate it when games give me direction instead of wasting my time!
>>
bullshit vision and waypoint markers were the two biggest mistakes in video games.
>>
>>376952198
>i hate it when game gives me immersion and challenge
>>
>>376948720

>obvious as fuck visual cues and "x marks the spot" on the minimap
>a wall of text spelling everything out

How is this any different other than the latter being more time consuming. Neither require any thought or logic.
>>
File: good idea bad idea.jpg (73KB, 1080x468px) Image search: [Google]
good idea bad idea.jpg
73KB, 1080x468px
>Good idea
Allow players to choose dialogue that they'd actually want to say whether it be good, evil or neutral aka any RPG worth its salt

>Bad idea
Force the player to play someone that at worst, can only be chaotic neutral cause the character is still a good guy that can't do anything bad aka Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having character stats that define your character and allow for non violent approaches aka Fallout and Planescape Torment

>Bad idea
Being forced to play a single set character that does nothing but sword fight aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Being able to roleplay a character of several races, genders, etc aka Dragon Age Origin and Morrowind

>Bad idea
Despite the lore saying otherwise, force the character to play only one character aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having multiple characters that fulfill multiple roles your main PC can't aka Baldur's Gate 1/2

>Bad idea
Being a multiclassing Mary Sue aka Geralt in Witcher 3

>Good idea
Having Batman vision in a Batman game aka Arkham games

>Bad idea
Having Batman vision in a non-Batman game aka Witcher 3
>>
>>376951183
The Witcher 3 has amazing combat compared to Gothic 2
>>
I love how everyone is only allowed to like one game from a genre, god forbid if anyone were to like both witcher and gothic
>>
File: raped.webm (3MB, 1250x702px) Image search: [Google]
raped.webm
3MB, 1250x702px
Witcher 3 has ruined the RPG market completely. What a casual piece of shit
>>
>>376952348
>Calling that a wall of text

Lmao Witcherfags
>>
>>376952375
good idea: lots of armor and weapons
bead idea: being pigeonholed into witcher sets
>>
>>376952493
>skeletons?!
>fuck that imma chill
>>
>>376952375
>Geralt bad
>Characters in my head good
>>
>>376952406
>tw3
>amazing combat

top kek
spamming one button over and over and pressing other button to dodge or roll over and over and abusing the OP as fuck quen

Gothic 2's combat was hard as fuck and there was no place for mistakes and you get raped by everything if you're not careful, but if you're good at it you can defeat any enemy at lvl 0

TW3 combat is a joke. Skyrim's combat has more depth than TW3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgTa7qS9wg
>>
>>376952493
What game?
Is it Gothic?
>>
>>376952614
Name one game that doesn't eventually pigeon hole you into several epic gear sets.
>>
>>376950825
Name a game with good story then.
>>
File: 3.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376952763
Gothic 2
>>
comfy af
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY-lrCAH_1Y
>>
Yeah, Gothic 2 is pretty much superior to any of the modern RPG's that were made to be sold and not to be played, more news at 11. I'm more miffed that NOTR was such a fucking jump in difficulty.

>Dragon snappers
>NP, I've got Paladin armor
>Killed in one hit
>>
>>376952375
>play a game series adapted from books
>hurr why am i stuck playing this character why cant i do special snowflake shit that doesnt fit the character or the universe a game is only good if i can self insert
Yeah ok
>>
>>376953261
>make a game series adapted from books
>make it an RPG instead of an action game and remove everything that makes an RPG fun because "muh books"
>>
File: fallout 2-min.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 2-min.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>376953261
Then don't call it an RPG

Pic related: An actual RPG
>>
I really don't like the hint vision so many games have these days. LA Noire did it best where you get a chime if you're near something that can be examined, but not necessarily a real clue.
>>
>>376953393
>an actual rpg
Please define an actual RPG and don't use any /v/ memes or buzzwords
>>
Do I need to Play Gothic 1 before playing the second?
>>
>>376953564
If you want to know who some of the characters that you meet in the game are then yes, otherwise no because its clunky and outdated as fuck.

But keep in mind that Gothic 2 is ridiculously hard with an insane learning curve that makes all souls games look like casual baby shit
>>
>>376952348
Its just a convenient excuse for /v/ to hate the game so they can brag to strangers about how superior they are for hating "that shit game everyone likes"
>>
File: witcher3.jpg (251KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3.jpg
251KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>376952348
>>376953909
Because quest on the right requires you to navigate through the world by looking and taking in the environment and making the game immersive and believable and allows the player to explore and find stuff on his own

Quest on the left does the exact opposite
>>
>>376953760
Why do you have to drag Souls into this? Why do Gothicfags on /v/ always have to act so smug? I really, really love Gothic, 2 is one of my all time favourites, but its fanbase on /v/ got a bit out of hand recently.

Just say Gothic 2 is hard. At times it might even appear unfair, since combat against multiple enemies is wonky, leading to you having to cheese your way a bit. But it's a damn rewarding game that gives you tons of options how to approach situations.
>>
>>376954109
>Why do you have to drag Souls into this?
Because it's basically dark souls but actually hard instead of """"hard""""Enemies have different attack patterns, and you can defeat the most powerful enemies in the game at lvl 0 and with no armor and the starting shitty weapon if you know how to fight the enemy
>>
>>376953760
Stop shilling the game so hard. I love Gothic 2, but I was playing the game without any issues when I was fucking 10. It's not that hard, even in NoTR version.
>>
File: kill me senpai.jpg (174KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kill me senpai.jpg
174KB, 1920x1080px
>>376948720
but i like both...
>>
>>376954343
probably because you played 1 first
>>
>>376948720
By actually playing the game they talk about, instead of using it as shitposting fuel to incite (you)'s
>>
>>376954243
>you can defeat the most powerful enemies in the game at lvl 0 and with no armor and the starting shitty weapon if you know how to fight the enemy
You can do the same in the Souls series, though.
>>
>>376954243
But that applies to Souls aswell. SL1 runs are a notorious way to play those games.

I've beaten both games a dozen of times, but I don't think I ever really got the hang of Gothic's combat. It is clearly its weakest part, especially in the final chapter where huge groups of very strong enemies are thrown at you. If you aren't a powerful mage with aoe instakill spells, you have to pack out the cheese.
>>
>>376954461
But it's 1000x times harder in Gothic 2

In Souls games the enemy attacks are slow as fuck and give you time to react. In Gothic 2 the enemies swing their weapon at you instantly and you have a fraction of a second to react to it. And there's no healing during the fight,

Also you can't just keep your shield or block up constantly and wait for the enemy to attack and then counter attack. The block in Gothic 2 lasts for 1 second so you have to time your block so that you put it up just when the enemy attacks you. If you fuck it up, you're dead
>>
>>376954409
Nope. Gothic 2 NoTR was my first gothic game. I know you're trying to elevate it above every single game ever created and trigger as many people as possible, but stop it my dude. We can have nice Gothic discussion without being obnoxious as fuck.
>>
>>376954970

>We can have nice Gothic discussion without being obnoxious as fuck.

Impossible, you've surpassed soulfags in faggotry a long time ago.
>>
You can turn it off
>>
>>376955419
and then not be able to do
>>
>>376951606
I remember this fucking tomb. You think you're hot shit and then a bunch of skellys rape your boipuss because they're nigh unkillable by anything that isn't a bashing weapon
>>
>>376955493
I have. Instead of following the footprints, you follow the broken leaves, splatters of blood, and look around the forest. NPC dialogue tells you about a village up north and a well. Guess what, you go north until you hit a village with a well. Looking for that lady's pan? Turn off the glowy highlight, you'll still be able to find the pan in her house.

It's the same as Gothic 2.
>>
File: 1487534111527.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487534111527.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>376955765
nice try fag
>>
>Play the witcher 3.
>Every single character in the world holds a journal they constantly update until the moment of their inevitable death.
>No character is ever seen writing in a journal.
>>
>>376955894
You used witcher sense to locate the object, not be led to the object. An object which is also not part of the quest, but rather environmental exposition. It doesn't progress the objective, it tells you that drowners came out of the water. If you looked at the footprints, which were obvious not human, you would have come to same conclusion.

But using babby mode, they explained it in babby mode.

Nice try?
>>
>>376955910

It's all written from Dandelion's prespective. He's the one writing the journal.
>>
>>376956169
following this logic if a game is too easy then just blindfold yourself or play with one arm and it's justified
>>
>>376951606
what game? looks neat
>>
>>376956323
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVYrALStucs
>>
File: Screenshot 20170327_134523.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 20170327_134523.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376956323
read the thread you faggot
>>
>>376955591
Thats the entire of Gothic 1, until the final chapter.
>You come across a new foe
>It rapes your corpse, twice
And its even true for the final dungeon, because your mobility is really really bad, so fighting more than 1 enemy is very hard.
>>
>>376956817
after finishing gothic 2 gothic 1 is so fucking easy.

And what pissed me off that enemies much stronger then you were immortal and you did 0 dmg to them unlike in Gothic 2 where there's always a base dmg of 10 no matter what weapon and what your lvl is, which allows you to kill the powerful enemies at the beginning if you know what you're doing instead of having to grind until you're strong enough to deal any damage at all
>>
>>376956514
dont upload 3mb .png 90% black screenshots faggot
>>
>>376957051
Gothic 1 is the kind of game that you almost instantly break on replay, because you finally understand how it works.
>>
File: serling_rly.jpg (14KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
serling_rly.jpg
14KB, 620x350px
>>376951141
>missing the point that hard
The questlog in Gothic keeps track of your doings, while witcher's tells you what to do.
>>
>>376956307
>Implying that isn't what this comes down to
>Well in my game all the enemies one shot you and the character is blind and you have to cut your arms off to play it.
>Well in my game there's no easy way to do anything so because your game has an easier way to complete objectives it is worse.
>>
>>376956395
Preddy good video.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.