[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it any good? I heard it's similar to Zelda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: hld.jpg (13KB, 330x153px) Image search: [Google]
hld.jpg
13KB, 330x153px
Is it any good? I heard it's similar to Zelda
>>
>>376923298
It's good

I don't know how it's similar to Zelda, apart from you having a "sword" melee attack and a limited ammo ranged attack

But then again people call games like Dead Cells "souls-like" so who even knows at this point, maybe the next Metroid will be a "literal CoD clone" because it has "guns" or something
>>
I liked it. The game world is quite large and full of secret areas. The combat is fast, responsive, and difficult, but when you die, it doesn't feel cheap as it was obviously your fault. The music and atmosphere are extremely well done and the graphics, while pixelated, are highly colorful and the areas are varied and range from beautiful to suffocating machine spookiness.

There are a few flaws here and there, such as the fact that there are no items to find except for gold, keys, and Cores, the bosses drop guns, but you won't find any cool guns or swords or anything laying about. It makes the exploration of the game less exciting because you know you won't find any mindblowing loot, but the secret areas are still fun to check out.

I think you will find it a solid 8/10 game, easily worth 20$.
>>
>>376923298
I enjoyed it a lot, gameplay is crisp, the tone is capturing, and the artstyle is gorgeous despite it being pixel-y
>>
If you like Evangelion or Zelda, play it it's awesome
>>
>>376923298
It's okay but then again I'm not a huge fan of Zelda
>>
it's trash
gameplay is shallow
less than 5 hours long
story goes nowhere
>>
It's good enough I bought the physical edition when that was still available. It even came with a full color fucking instruction manual, a map, and reversible cover.
>>
It's really good. I'd honestly say it's one of the best indie games I've ever played.
>>
Are there even any good Zelda clones? Given how popular the series is, I dunno why there aren't any clones of it
>>
>>376923298
It was okay but kinda felt bare, both gameplay and story, the environments and music was good and varied enough though.

Its not Zelda puzzlish but a bit more Zelda combat and exploration I guess.
>>
>>376925549
This, Cross Code, Ittle Dew 1 & 2, and Anodyne are about the only decent ones.
>>
>>376926668
God damn Cross Code is so good. I've played 30 hours of it and haven't even reached the end and the full game isn't even out yet.
>>
Console trash.
>>
>>376926668
Anodyne was great. Gave me some fairly large yume nikki vibes though, not sure why.
Only thing I didn't like about anodyne?
The ending.
>>
File: 1481122389278.png (672KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
1481122389278.png
672KB, 584x553px
>>376926793
thats because its never going to come out. ive been stuck in the jungle city because you can't buy shit because the prices are out of fucking reach and grinding for craftable shit is pretty much impossible
>>
>>376923298
>Is it any good
Yea. It's pretty good. Combat is fair but punishing. Just don't play it on a shitty machine because it's optimized about as well as you'd expect a small indie team to optimize(it's not optimized).
>Is it similar to Zelda
Definitely has an ALttP feel to it, but it's not a clone or anything.
>>
Was the framerate fixed?
It had a really fun combat system, but 30fps made you feel like a cripple
>>
>>376923298
Pretty good
It's short as fuck and not very complex though.
>>
>>376923298
It has fucking NOTHING to do with zelda. Why are people in this thread saying the opposite? You have one fucking melee attack and a few guns, that's it. No various items to solve puzzles, no exploration, no dungeons, no inventory. All it is is good action fights and dark souls-like bosses.
>>
>>376923298
It's not like zelda at all, it's very combat focused and has few if any puzzles. It shares some exploration similarity but that's the only part where they are similar. It's good, combat feels fluid and the myriad of guns mixes it up quite nicely. The atmosphere is amazingly somber, which is helped by it's OST. It's short as well, so you may as well try it
>>
>>376923298
>Special thanks to Anita Sarkeesian

Into the trash it goes
>>
>>376923298
its good but halfway through invisible walls and invisible platforms hiding things mandatory to progress through the game ruined it for me
>>
I want to replay it now that it's not locked at 30fps.

Anyways it's like 4-5 hours long so not a huge time investment.
>>
>>376928126
Got patched to silky smooth 60fps. I tried both modes and it feels like a different game.
>>
>>376923298
Did we ever get that Shante crossover stuff?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.