[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this game is fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 81Ekb2C23vL._AC_SX430_.jpg (73KB, 430x544px) Image search: [Google]
81Ekb2C23vL._AC_SX430_.jpg
73KB, 430x544px
this game is fun
>>
25 fps on console lol
>>
>>376922556
yeah but then you finish it and you're like "wait I spent FORTY DOLLARS on this???"
>>
I mean i really like it, but it wish it was a seamless open world instead of a hub
>>
Genuinely looks like a ps3 launch title
>>
>>376924091

Bullshit, it's generally a great looking game
>>
unity
20 fps
camera controls
short
ugly, looks like it belongs on last gen
>>
>>376923125
It's a long game if you'e going for 100%, I still have three pagies left
>>
Exactly what they said it was going to be i enjoyed but the final boss was absolute garbage and the last 2 levels weren't nearly as good as the first 3
>>
>>376924901
pretty much this, the last 2 levels felt rushed. My only other issue is that enemies aren't even dangerous, they are so dumb, they just stand there staring at you.

When I was fighting Capital B, and all the little minions kept spawning, they would just stand there and stare at me, no attacking me at all they aren't even a threat.

22 hours for 100% though so I got my moneys worth, I backed it for 15 bucks or whatever
>>
>>376924901
I thought 4 and 5 were both better than 1 and 2.

>>376925272
I heard all the reviewers saying Capital B was too hard, or too long so I thought it might be challenging like Hag 1, but it's incredibly easy with the livewire tonic
>>
>>376924516
>unity
so?
>20 fps
wrong
>camera controls
agreed
>short
about 20 hours or so
>ugly, looks like it belongs on last gen
It's meant to be reminiscent of of classic games, keep that in mind
>>
>>376925503
Apart from the Rampo fight, I never had any issues with camera controls
>>
>>376925503
>It's meant to be reminiscent of of classic games
There's a big difference between "classical aesthetic" and "looks like outdated shit". Nothing about YL looks impressive, and all the character models have the most soulless looking eyes I've ever seen.
>>
>>376925503

Wait, if you do absolutely everything it must be more than 20 hours?

Also i don't get why people are saying it looks bad, it really really doesn't.
>>
I kickstarted the game but I'm waiting for the new patch before I play. It looks pretty good honestly, I dont know what some people were expecting.
>>
>>376925486
it took me a few tries to figure out the strat but it's not hard by any means, I beat him with the shorts tonic. I thought it was a fun fight and really enjoyed how they implemented the shockwave mechanics. I just wish basic enemies posed more of a threat. the only enemies who ever killed me were those fucking bees.

>>376925721
no, many design decisions were made so the game resembled and played like a classic platformer. The game is graphically fine, you just have relationship issues and you have a fetishes for staring into eyes that stare back. Try Overwatch.

>>376925876
It really doesn't look bad, I got 100% in 22 hours so; it depends on the player I suppose.
>>
ech
>>
>>376926242
If you have the shield up for phase 1, they'll leave before you need to wail on Capital B.

Then in the toxic goo phase dodge them and do a super sonar as he whiffs the landing for the last jump
>>
>>376926815
oh no, I'm not talking about the swarm of bees in the boss fight those things don't sting you until you stop moving so you can just dodge everything then super sonar them away. I was talking about the mechanized bees that shoot those red bullets. They are the only enemy that killed me.
>>
At a very basic level its okay but it doesn't live up to the N64 collectathons and has several flaws.
- Worlds are too big, shit is just way too spread out for no real reason.
- Too few worlds. Probably made the worlds so big so they didn't have to make so many assets.
- Forced backtracking. Tons of points where you can see a collectible but can't get it because you need a move from a later level. World expansion mechanic is also lame and basically just more asset padding.
- Flight move trivializes most of the platforming, since unlike the BK/DK games there's no real restrictions on its use.
- Challenges are either absurdly easy (like "use this move, good job, have a pagie") or bullshit frustrating due to poor/limited controls and/or unforgiving timing. Minecart sections are especially bad.
- Lots of little control issues like poor turning when rolling/flying/in certain transformations
- Game rules aren't consistent. e.g. there's two moves which break glass but only the intended one ever works.
- Extra features like transformations, minigames, minecarts and quiz sections feel tacked on to fill a quota.
- Lack of polish and details. e.g. no victory jingle/dance for picking up a pagie, no rewards for getting more collectibles than necessary to progress.
- Story is paper thin, no good cinematics to draw you in. Characters aren't funny and every conversation is just "Laylee insults them and they ignore it".
- Music isn't as good as the N64 games. Wise's music is fine though.
>>
>>376927995
There is a jingle for the pagie, unfortunately nothing for getting all of them in the level, although Tooie and DK64 didn' t have that either
>>
Might pick it up on sale, if I have a decent computer then. It does look fun. Too bad Nazi Grump overshadowed it by cheerleading for the alt-right.
>>
>>376928195
There's a little music riff but I mean like in BK/DK64 you'd get a special dance every time you got a jiggy/gold banana which made them feel more important and special. Pagies don't feel any different to any other shit collectible. Its just an example of how the game lacks little details like that which would have made it more enjoyable.
>>
>>376928583
I know what you mean, I always disliked getting the last jiggie as a transformation because it meant I didn't get that bow
>>
It's fun but it's still garbage. Like Overwatch.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.