[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was the general consensus on this game around here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: prey.jpg (30KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
30KB, 700x500px
>>
check the archive
>>
File: slater.jpg (40KB, 640x505px) Image search: [Google]
slater.jpg
40KB, 640x505px
complete shit
>>
I'll play it when I can pirate it.
>>
it's ok, pretty forgettable
>>
Pretty good, would recommend if you liked System Shock/Bioshock
>>
>>376921715
pretty much this
Feels like another shock game
>>
It's 30 bucks on the key site where I get my ffxiv gametime from.
/v/ is making it sound like it's on par with Purse Owner and Zelda but that could just be weeaboophobes who desperately cling to the first good western game of this year.

Not sure what to make of it.
>>
>>376921142
It's not the second coming of christ but at the time it's not complete shit. It's a competent game with good exploration, great atmosphere, and interesting/versatile combat. it's held back by some odd design choices, terrible audio mixing, some lackluster enemy design, and overall weak narrative. Luckily the focus of the game isn't too hindered by it's faults but they can still be noticeable. 8/10 would play again
>>
>>376922596
>Enemy Design

Curious about this one. I only watched a couple of trailers but are all the enemies just black goop in different forms?
I don't like it but at the same time I also thought I wouldn't like all enemies in Automata being cute robits and that turned out to not be a problem at all for me.
>>
>>376921142
Best game of 2017 so far.
>>
It's very great. But I'm a shock fan that hated Bioshock.
Easily top 10 games of this gen.
>>
>>376922885
They are all black goop in different forms, but what each form can do is entirely different, so there's quite a bit of variety.
>>
>>376922885

Yes, although "in different forms" is debateable. There's black goopy spiders, black goopy people, black goopy spiders and people covered in fire, black goopy spiders and people covered in electricity, two types of fatter black goopy spiders who float, and big PC cases that float and are full of black goopiness. Also little balls of black goop that come from nests which are slightly larger balls of black goop.

Then there's the nemesis stand in which is just a bigger black goopy person, and the "final" form of enemy at the end of the game which is just a bigger black goopy squid-thing.

There's decent variety in terms of enemy types and abilities but everything looks pretty much the same.
>>
>>376922885
Im >>376922596
Yea every enemy except humans and flying box robots is black goop. I would say automata did it better because while they are all robots, they appear and function different. There are maybe 8-9 different forms the goop can take with 1-2 variants for 3 of them. It's not that bad in the beginning because they consistently change the goop monsters for each area but once you reach half way in you'll see nothing new except the final boss. I beat it with 19 hours so I wasn't too disappointed but you get to that point where the goop isn't a threat anymore and it becomes tiresome
>>
>>376921142
>general consensus
fuck off hivefag
>>
Some people say pure garbage.
Some people say fucking awesome.
I say it has some faults, but is pretty good overall.
>>
File: 34558900695_1b3d6cc315_k.jpg (881KB, 1231x2048px) Image search: [Google]
34558900695_1b3d6cc315_k.jpg
881KB, 1231x2048px
It's good game.
>>
>>376922142
Yeah just kill yourself weaboo
>>
Good but combat feels like shit.
>>
File: 1377503351075.png (46KB, 143x160px) Image search: [Google]
1377503351075.png
46KB, 143x160px
>>376923551
>>
>>376922142
As someone who really likes Zelda and thought Persona 5 is good... it is on par with Zelda, and definitely better than Persona 5.
>>
As guy who played all of "immersive sims" since Ultima Underworld. I'd say it's the best one since the end of Looking Glass and Ion Storm.

So yeah it's better than the recent Deus Ex(s), or the Dishonored and Bioshock games.
But I wouldn't say it's on par with the real deal (SS, SS2, original Deus Ex) but pretty close.

To me that's still a miracle a game like that can be made in current AAA era but that's just my opinion as a fan of the genre.
It's a genre that won't appeal to everyone.
>>
>>376922885
There's the regular mimics. Then there's goopy people called phantoms. Then there's different elemental variations of the phantoms that can transfer the element to a mimic. Then there's greater mimics which are just tougher mimics. Theres cystoid nests which are just nests that hold little rolling ball enemies. Then there's poltergeists, they're invisible and fuck with you, never really had problems with one though. Then there's telepaths which are giant floating typhons with telekinetic powers that shoot some aoe thing. Then there's a technopath variant that's a giant robot that can take control of turrets and other robots. Then theres weavers which you really only encounter in space. And finally nightmares, fuck huge typhons that are legit minibosses

Oh and also corrupted robots. That's everything I think
>>
What the general consensus of *insert games name* here?

Its shit
v is full of contratard faggots who will hate every game because they think it makes them.special
>>
>>376923986
Mind-controlled humans.
>>
>>376924202
Yeah thats the only enemy i left off I'm pretty sure.

It actually has decent enemy variation if you ask me. Definitely more variation than Infinite from what I remember
>>
File: 1406999687572.png (101KB, 465x421px) Image search: [Google]
1406999687572.png
101KB, 465x421px
>have multiple instances of electric resistance
>tfw bullying Technopaths with the wrench
>>
>>376921142
I go the game on the ps4 and found the aiming really tedious. I couldnt even hit those fucking bug alien things in the beginning without taking like half my hp with me.
>>
>>376926052
>I go the game on the ps4
>and found the aiming really tedious

No shit.
>>
Looks ok, ive decided ill get it when it hits $20 during a summer sale or xmas.
>>
>>376926113
I think it goes to show how consoles have limited enemy design since when a game branches out, it just doesn't work really well without a mouse.
>>
>>376926113
im fine with shit like CoD and battlefield, this game has some weird amount of movement with its aiming and it feels really stiff when compared to CoD or Battlefield.
>>
>>376926384
I think this game has no auto aim.
>>
>>376921142
>it's been 0 hours since the last Prey shill thread
>>
A niche game that only a few will truly love.
>>
>>376926384
Because Prey was made for PC.
>>
Good entry into the whole immersive sim thing. Good to see someone is interested in keeping it alive.
>>
>>376926727
not fully. It's level and enemy design were, but its UI design wasn't
>>
we hate it
>>
>>376926052
Turn your sensitivity up, I had the same problem
>>
>>376921142
Terrible.
>>
File: 1436751795777.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1436751795777.png
19KB, 512x323px
>use psychoshock on a phantom
>he does that phantom shift ability to dart out of the room
>find him huddled in some corner hiding
>>
>>376921142
As a person who havent play the game I would say it is Thief all over again

I am right, /v/?
>>
>>376927971
If you mean Thi4f then no.
>>
>>376927971
Thi4f was an incompetent mess made by people who didn't even like Thief and had no idea what the fuck they were doing even. What's worse, they had this massive campaign where they had people going into message boards and other websites and giving praise to the game, and trying to silence the opposition, and it was so blatant, it would've been funny if it wasn't all so sad, seeing Thief being treated like complete shit.
>>
>>376927971
>As a person who havent play the game I would say
Why would you say when you know nothing about the game?
Do you raise your hand when the teacher asks someone to answer a question, even though you don't know it?
>>
new game plus is really needed in this game
>>
>>376927971
That would require the first prey to have actually evolved into a good series
>>
File: prey_2_4.jpg (61KB, 768x480px) Image search: [Google]
prey_2_4.jpg
61KB, 768x480px
>>376921142
Ends did not justify the means.
>>
File: Prey_Weapons_Locations-1024x567.jpg (101KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_Weapons_Locations-1024x567.jpg
101KB, 1024x567px
>>376927971
Yes. This is your bow.
>>
+level design
+freedom
+rpg elements
+interactivity
+soundtrack
+exploration
+mimics
-pacing gets shit towards the end
-endings are a bit underwhelming
-weapons could be better
-sound mixing is shit sometimes

Overall it's a pretty solid game. I hope they really implement that hardcore mode in the patch they talked about.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.