[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGSV:TPP Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

(Last one went straight to Page 8 and got archived shortly after)
After searching YT and the internet in general to no avail, figure I'd make a thread.

Lots of mechanics-related questions and observations, mostly regarding FOBs.

-Wearing a box seems to immunize oneself to Flashbangs. They also seem to mitigate claymore damage.

-Why do people equip a box and dive out of it while engaging enemies?

-You can, coming from the bridges between decks, quickdive towards and fall-catch the railing on the skirt of an FOB deck, but why would you want to?

-Why does laying still only seem to work sometimes when trying to get cameras/UAVs/snipers to look away from you?

-What do soldier ranks actually do? Do all of them do something/anything? Do they do anything in single player? At the very least, your Medical rank doesn't affect tranq. times in 1p.

-What are some good routes for the various FOBs?

-How does Heroism affect the ranks of soldiers you find in 1p? Does it actually affect them? If not, what does?

-Are soldiers all randomly generated, or are there set batches with only some variables?

-You can use Noctocyanin or D-Dog to make yourself aware of enemies through walls/floors, then use the Int-Scope to point at them and mark them with a Marker, permanently marking them on your HUD without establishing a direct line of sight.
>>
>>376913746
thats because theres already a generals section you twat
>>
>>376913746
MGSV is a boring, shitty grind fest and Kojima is a fucking hack
>>
File: 1444241870122.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444241870122.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>376914297
>>376915160
Where do I get this poster? Can't find the fucker anywhere.
>>
>>376915467
That's a mod, such poster doesnt exist on the original game.
>>
File: hold this for me.webm (1MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
hold this for me.webm
1MB, 853x480px
>>376915689
Huh. Thought for sure that and the anime Paz one were both in the game. Found the Paz one. No idea which poster I'm missing, then.
>>
>Wearing a box seems to immunize oneself to Flashbangs
Flashbangs, and all grenades for that matter, are such garbage in TPP. Enemies detect them and dive out of the way even when they're unalerted and relaxed. They also detect them through walls. All of that is to say, the AI is shit and cheats like a bastard.
>>
File: Based D-Dog.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Based D-Dog.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376916220
>Enemies detect them and dive out of the way
Despite that, flashbangs and high-level sleep grenades will still work on them. The dive and cover is half the reason to use them though, since it can keep you from getting spotted.

>They also detect them through walls. All of that is to say, the AI is shit and cheats like a bastard.
The worst thing is that during a combat alert or alert phase, they can tell where the grenade came from, and on a combat alert will start shooting at you and re-start the countdown to a cease-fire, even if they can't actually see you. On an alert mode they'll actively search the point from which you threw the grenade.
>>
>>376913746
>-Wearing a box seems to immunize oneself to Flashbangs. They also seem to mitigate claymore damage.
Boxes literally give you resistance to ALL sorts of damage.
>-Why do people equip a box and dive out of it while engaging enemies?
Makes it harder to hit them + limited bullet protection. It's an ancient MGO trick
>-You can, coming from the bridges between decks, quickdive towards and fall-catch the railing on the skirt of an FOB deck, but why would you want to?
why not?
>-Why does laying still only seem to work sometimes when trying to get cameras/UAVs/snipers to look away from you?
depends on the environment, your suit, day time, etc
>-What do soldier ranks actually do? Do all of them do something/anything? Do they do anything in single player? At the very least, your Medical rank doesn't affect tranq. times in 1p.
Ranks affect ALL stats. It was way better portrayed in Peace Walker, where S-ranked guys were literally better in all ways than Big boss himself.
>-What are some good routes for the various FOBs?
no comment
>-How does Heroism affect the ranks of soldiers you find in 1p? Does it actually affect them? If not, what does?
It does.
>-Are soldiers all randomly generated, or are there set batches with only some variables?
batches with randomizer effects
>-You can use Noctocyanin or D-Dog to make yourself aware of enemies through walls/floors, then use the Int-Scope to point at them and mark them with a Marker, permanently marking them on your HUD without establishing a direct line of sight.
neat.

The game's still shit and unfinished tho
>>
>>376915689
>>376916071
It exists in the game. Found it without any issues.
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2015_09_13_19_29_51_414.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2015_09_13_19_29_51_414.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>376915689
It's a real poster, not a mod.
>>
>>376919270
must've been the angle or something, I thought the poster was a version full of those dog things.
>>
File: mgsvtpp_2015_09_13_19_30_02_297.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp_2015_09_13_19_30_02_297.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>376919627
depending on how you FOLD your box, it can be that
>>
>>376921773
woah, MGSV is truly the best game ever made.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.