[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Press F to pay respects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: RIP GAME.jpg (23KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
RIP GAME.jpg
23KB, 460x215px
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>376909940
it's shit """"game"""" anyway
>>
>>376909940
here lies Alan Wake
it was ok but not worthy of an actual funeral
>>
It wasn't that great, just pirate the GoG version instead of dealing with cracked Steam version.
>>
Why is everyone suddenly pretending this game is great?
>>
>>376909940
just beat it yesturday, gonna go through the bonus episodes now. Was a pretty fun game. the main character is a complete faggot though.
>>
>>376910084
>>376910431

/v/ has always been divided on this game, and yet the people who love it always seem to think that everyone on /v/ loved it, and the people who hate it always seem to think that everyone on /v/ hated it.
>>
F
>>
I personally like the game because of its style of storytelling.
The gameplay isn't great at all, its very mediocre in that aspect and it is quite repetitive, but I feel as if I'm playing through a story straight from the X-files or Twilight Zone.
I pirated it before and bought American Nightmare when it was on sale previously.
I'm kind of excited to play through the director's commentary this time around.
>>
F

No need to be upset, though. I'm sure everyone who really wanted the game already has it. If you didn't already buy the game, you're an idiot, because it was pay-what-you-want on Humble Bundle years ago, meaning you could have had the entire series and all bonus material for a few cents.

For those who are new to PC gaming or were simply too retarded to buy the game before it was pulled from stores, it will be easy to pirate, because Humble Bundle and GOG.com both sold DRM-free versions of the game.

And since the game will be abandonware as of tomorrow at 10:00 AM PST, there will be no reason to feel guilty about not paying for it. If they don't want to sell it, you should not feel obligated to give them your money. If you want to play it in the next 24 hours, then by all means, pay the $3. But after that, you don't really have any choice except piracy.
>>
>>376911224

Don't expect much from the bonus episodes, or from American Nightmare, in terms of meaningful story exposition. They're all pretty much taking place in Alan Wake's mind and therefore anything that occurs is arguably non-canon. Their main purpose is to extend the gameplay.

American Nightmare's gameplay is pretty good, too, even if the story is totally retarded. The arcade mode is fun, once you get good.
>>
To anyone buying the game during the current sale:

You don't need to beat the game in order to unlock Nightmare difficulty. You can play it first by accessing the developer menu.

I don't remember whether this affects achievements.
>>
Thinking about adding it to my steam library while still can, but considering this is a soundtrack issue, I'm afraid they'll pull a san andreas on me, ie; downgrade the game through patching
>>
>>376909940
F.
Could've been better but I'm glad I played it.

Needed a better sequel than American Nightmare though.
>>
>>376909940
enjoyed it. especially since i got it on sale for $5 or so. would have paid more for it in the end
>>
>>376913873

It's likely that the game will remain intact. No evidence to the contrary has been found yet.

The fact that they're pulling the game from stores indicates that they probably won't remove the music from existing copies. If they were willing and able to remove the music by way of an update, then they wouldn't need to stop selling the game, right?
>>
File: loglady3.jpg (42KB, 570x435px) Image search: [Google]
loglady3.jpg
42KB, 570x435px
>>376909940

This is just literally shilling because Twin Peaks is returning. I will not be surprised in a month when Deadly Premonitions goes down the same route.
>>
>>376914746
Its because the music licenses is running out and its gonna get taken off the steam store
>>
File: 1469109954042.jpg (115KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1469109954042.jpg
115KB, 1024x683px
Alan Wake was aggressively mediocre.

I rented and beat it in one night. I've played worse i suppose.

F
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.