[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have a limited budget and can only afford 1 game this month.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: 123812892.png (962KB, 1344x418px) Image search: [Google]
123812892.png
962KB, 1344x418px
Have a limited budget and can only afford 1 game this month. Which one of these should I get?
>>
>>376909404
automata's the best game of the three, but since you can only get 1 game, id say get either persona 5 or botw, as both will provide you with many more hours.

go persona 5
>>
>>376909404
Just pirate Nier.
>>
>>376909404
Persona 5 is going to give you the most play time.
>>
You will get more hours out of 5 and BOTW but Automata is a unique experience and clicks very well with a lot of people

insecure people with shit taste in music wont like it
>>
>>376909404

just pirate them, bro
>>
>>376909404
Persona 5
>>
>>376909404
>Being a poorfag.
>>
Persona 5 is 90-100 hours before NG+ and is 10$ less than the others I think.
>>
>>376909404
Depends on what genre you like
>Action JRPG
>Turn based JPG
>Open world Action-Adventure
All of them are good but i PERSONALLY put them in this order:
1-Persona 5
2-Breath of the wild
3-Nier
>>
>>376909404
>limited money
>but can choose between PS4 games or an expensive Zelda machine
OP are you thinking about buying a Switch just to play Zelda? Are you really THAT short on cash then?
>>
You can pirate Nier and Shill of the /v/ild.
>>
>>376909404
>Nier
Super fun gameplay over a medium size story
>Persona
Most for your money and waifus if thata your thing
>zelda
Lel just dont. PC if you really want to but the switch and wiiu experience is shit
>>
Pirate all of them except Persona because ps4 is the superior version
>>
File: humans_are_superior_fate.png (419KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
humans_are_superior_fate.png
419KB, 800x600px
They all will last you a long time, being nier the shortest one
They are alldefinitely quality games so pick whatever. Also,
>No money
>2 different consoles or pc
>>
>>376910054
This 100%
>>
>>376909404
>implying you bought a switch and dont have BotW

Get Zelda you dummy
>>
>>376909776
>insecure people with shit taste in music like it
ftfy
>>
Get Persona, emulate Zelda on PC
>>
File: Pears.jpg (46KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Pears.jpg
46KB, 184x184px
>>376909404
pay nothing and emulate zelda.

buy or pirate nier, it was cracked very recently.

Skip persona.
>>
Buy persona
Pirate Nier:A
Emulate BoTW
>>
>>376909404
Persona 5 is the only one I haven't played(I bought it though, so no bias) yet, and I've finished both NieR and BotW.

My heart says NieR, but I think that's the shortest one by a bit unless you're planning to rush through Zelda. Zelda was great as well, but it's lasting appeal hasn't been the same as NieR's. My friend group has been pretty mixed on Persona, so I have no idea if I should recommend it. It is definitively the longest of the three, so long as you don't go full autist with BotW.

So I'd just weigh as quality vs length. NieR is probably the highest quality game(in terms of narrative fulfillment and all that) but the shortest, while Persona seems to be the lengthiest but has the most flak around it from what I've heard. Zelda is that pure gameplay game middle ground. That's meaty as well as pretty damn engaging.

I realize this post is mostly rambling, but hopefully it gives you some sort of clarity.
>>
>>376910576
Zelda still runs like shit on Cemu and is filled with bugs. Not yet, OP. It's not time.
>>
>>376909404
If you have Switch go with BOTW, play zelda in bed for maximum comfy
if not, go with persona 5, excellent game that can last you hours

don't bother with nier, it's just plain garbage, not even worth pirating
>>
>>376909404
Buy Nier and gift me. I will thank you later.
>>
Persona 5.

Emulate and pirate the rest.
>>
Nier: Automata, but don't get the PC port if you can.

It takes a while for the story to pick up the pace, but when it does, it really does.

IT REALLY FUCKING DOES.

THE JIMMY RUSTLING TRAIN WILL BE ON THE ELEVENTH GEAR AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF DEPLOYING THE BREAKS BECAUSE THEY ARE BROKEN.
>>
>>376909404
Have paid over 100 $ for the Persona 5 collectors edition and can say the game is worth every penny.

But before you buy Persona 5, you must know that:
>the game is like a combination of Anime and Virtual Novel
If you can't stand Anime or the Japanese style of telling stories, the game is not for you
>is extremely long
You can easily spent over 20 hours just for the "tutorial"
>the game is extremely punishing
If you want to get the most out of the game you NEED!!!! a guide which tells you what to do and when to do it
>only play on easy
Don't play on the "story only" mode, because you can never ever change the difficulty after this. Don't play on normal or hard either, because you need to finish a Dungeon on one day to not waste time, but because of the way the game works you don't have enough resources to finish the first dungeon on higher difficulties in one day.
>All trophies are doable on the easiest difficulty
If you want all trophies, just play on easy, because the game has no trophy for higher difficulty
>you need a PS4
The PS3 version is theoretically the same, but it looks just shit compared to the PS4 version
>the story is literally being a high school student with a "real" life and the secret life (fighting with friends against monsters)
You have to like the story of playing a high school student (with tests and everything) to really love the game. The game has dungeons and monster fighting in the FFX style, but over 50 % is outside of dungeons doing casual stuff (including spending time with friends).
I have never played any Persona game before, but Persona 5 is just great. You don't need to know any other Persona game to fully enjoy Persona 5.

Persona 5 is kinda like AA2 without the 3d sex scenes, but with dungeons.
>>
>>376914828
>>only play on easy
>Don't play on the "story only" mode, because you can never ever change the difficulty after this. Don't play on normal or hard either, because you need to finish a Dungeon on one day to not waste time, but because of the way the game works you don't have enough resources to finish the first dungeon on higher difficulties in one day.
i wish i had known this going in. I only got 4 confidants or so and 1 was the fucking politician I love him now though
>>
>>376909404
All 3 can be pirated
>>
File: 20170510153117_1.jpg (607KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170510153117_1.jpg
607KB, 1920x1080px
My personal taste goes:
NieR>Zelda>Persona
But if I had to recommend those to someone without knowing their taste, Zelda is the one most likely to please individual X and NieR the least likely. So I'd say go with Zelda OP.
>>
>>376909404
just buy all 3
>>
File: 1490417411276.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1490417411276.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
All are great, Automata definitely the most unique experience of the bunch but also the least guaranteed for a random person, could probably recommend it to you if you're already on 4chan though. Persona 5 would probably be the most worth your money but if you've played previous Persona games you can probably afford to wait on it. Zelda is the safest pick and is roughly as enjoyable as the others but also pretty different to play from your usual 3D Zelda formula so if you're a fan I could probably recommend that.

Zelda=Nier>Persona in terms of order to play. Now the question comes down to if 2B gives you enough of a boner to swing the deal.
>>
File: pc gaming.jpg (256KB, 1230x720px) Image search: [Google]
pc gaming.jpg
256KB, 1230x720px
>>376909404
Persona5 will give you the most hours and content (around 100h)

Zelda can potentially give you more hours but 80% of it is walking so it's kind of padded in that way. Typical open-world sand-boxy kind of game, if you don't care about finding the 37th shrine or 235th seed then this might not be the game for you.

Nier if you're a fan of the first, don't buy it if you want a pure "short & sweet" action game like Bayo or DMC. The gameplay is fluid, but more of a side-dish to the story rather than the focus.
>>
>>376909404
either P5 or Zelda
>>
>>376918552
I forgot to mention: Do NOT buy Zelda BotW for good dungeons or bosses or even Majora's Mask tier side-quests. It really is focused on being an open-world game and does nothing else, in fact everything else typical in Zelda games that isn't the overworld is downscaled and underdeveloped in BoTW

It's only good if you like to walk around fields of grass, (and occasionaly sand, snow and lava) and stumbling upon random camps an mini-puzzles. If you want a typical Zelda adventure with neat dungeons then ignore this one.
>>
File: 1487284641521.png (224KB, 384x436px) Image search: [Google]
1487284641521.png
224KB, 384x436px
Let's make it easy on OP

http://www.strawpoll.me/12963583
>>
>>376909404
Zelda is the safest bet if you like games like skyrim and fallout 4. The best part about it is the sandbox of it. You can get hundreds of hours out of the game.

If you dont get BOTW go for persona 5 since 1 playtrough is over 100 hours.

Get nier last its a great game but its 35-45hours max. If im stuck with 1 game a month id rather pick something i can play for a long time. Hence BOTW first,persona 5 second and nier last.
>>
>>376909404
NieR > Persona for me
I don't care in the slightest about Zelda
>>
Zelda, other two are weeb trash
>>
>>376919258
HAHAHA

NON WEEB MEME
>>
I enjoyed Nier the most, but like others have said it's relatively short compared to the other two. Get BoTW if you enjoy open world games with great exploration and a fun physics system, and get Persona 5 if you enjoy turn based combat with ingame social aspects and an anime styled plotline
>>
>>376909505
This. All three are great, but while Nier is IMO the best one it's also the shortest. Both Zelda and Persona will give you at least double the play time Nier does, and the gap in quality isn't all that large. You really can't go wrong though as they're all fantastic.
>>
>>376909404
I'll play P5 next month on ps3 and botw when cemu gets optimazed, but I played Nier:A.
If you wanted great direction, an atypical experience, an action jrpg version (read: simplified to be immediate and accessible) of the platinum combat go with Automata.
>>
havent played automata but did play p5 and zelda.
i got about 70 hours on both which include doing most of the side content for both games.

p5 was a lot of fun to play with issues being the "tutorial" section going on for a bit too long and some palaces being a chore to get through (ie ship) but overall gave me an enjoyable experience that ended up being more challenging then P4 and had better mechanics than the previous as well (demon conversations come back but are not as elaborate as a mainline SMT game) and i may come back to and to a ng+ playthrough .

Zelda was also a real blast to play, the game really gives you the feeling that you are on an adventure with some very interesting environmental puzzles and hardly ever holds your hand with any sort of quest as you are only given as much information as the quest giver would know (objective markers most of the time only point to the quest giver). while I personally like it much more than P5, you are only really going to get the most playtime out of it if you are not the person who normally just tries to do all the main story first. that being said, I found there is a lot of replayability for zelda since you can try to do different sort of playthroughs.

imo if you dont have a wiiU or switch but do have a ps4 then get P5 but if you do have a switch or wii u then zelda may offer you a more interesting experience
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.