[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated trash /v/ loves to pretend are good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: OverratedGarbage.jpg (613KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
OverratedGarbage.jpg
613KB, 1500x1500px
Dare you to even refute me
>>
File: gomu gomu no kek.jpg (55KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
gomu gomu no kek.jpg
55KB, 320x232px
>>376902768
I know this is a b8 thread but you have hilariously bad taste as usual OP. Thanks for the laughs.
>>
Nobody has ever said that Nier is "good". The story and characters are good, but the gameplay is a fucking slog with nothing entertaining about it.
>>
>>376903246
I liked the boss fights and magic system desu
>>
>>376902768
>Nobody has ever said that Nier is "good"
>>
>>376903329
Shit meant to this>>376903246

Loads of people pretend it's the same level of quality as other ARPG's
>>
>>376902768
What the fuck does that even mean.

"Too many people like this, less people should like this" is all it means. Nobody has ever claimed any of those games to be the second coming of Christ, they just get regular threads since they resonate with a niche audience.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>376902768
DeS, Dogmam and Symphonia are all actually good though.

Well, I could take or leave Symphonia, but DeS and Dogma are actually good.
>>
>>376903246
Nier is good IMO. Gameplay is cool in idea but bad in execution,(Notably it took way too fucking long to kill things until you got a high level weapon and then everything just fucking died in 3 hits) but that was the only thing I disliked about it. I thought the story, characters, music and everything else was fantastic enough to make up for the poor gameplay.

Drakkenguard 1 and 3 on the other hand. I mean I like them but it's hard to say they're good.
>>
>>376902768
Demons Souls and DD are great games though, agree on all the rest, it's trash, TiTS, P3 and Symphonia especially.
>>
I know this is a bait thread but I totally agree about Dragon's Dogma. Returned it the next day I was so disappointed with it. The "great combat" was a fucking joke, it looked ugly as shit, I hated everything about it. I'm still mad I fell for this meme. And what's worse, just for saying this I'll be bombarded with (You)s about how I have "shit taste" or "just didn't get it" or "just gotta keep playing". No, it's a shit game that's inferior to its contemporary RPGs like Dark Souls in literally every single way.
>>
>>376903826
shit taste, you just didn't get it, you gotta keep playing
>>
>>376903610
>>376903470
The only good thing about DD is it's combat but the quests are shit and the world is bland as fuck and too small. The pawn system needs an improvement on the AI
>>
The games that will stick with you for the rest of your lives are the most flawed ones. Dragons Dogma & Demon Souls are both incredibly flawed but I'd rather play those than Skyrim or any other normalfag horseshit.
>>
>>376903826
I sort of agree.
Dragon's Dogma was rushed as hell with Capcom cutting the release date deadline severely during the middle of development. And considering that it's pretty damn good. The DLC tightens up world and enemy design but it could still use some work. Most people that are rabid vocal supporters of DD do it because they hope for a non rushed DD2
>>
I've only fallen asleep from sheer boredom from one video game ever in my life.

Tales of Symphonia.

That was my first and last tales game, because they all look the same.

I even fell asleep playin it with someone.

Fucking boring as hell game.

>fight for 10 minutes spamming the same attacks and the characters never shut the fuck up
>cutscene with boring funimation tier voice acting with the most lifeless and minimal effort in any emotion whatsoever
>fight boss with same combat as before except now you use your super version of your annoying move you never shut the fuck up about
>repeat

Fucking garbage. Dunno how the series got so many games in the series to be brutally honest. So many easily pleased people. No standards at all, no expectations of anything.

Saw a friend streaming one of the newer ones, that game had the same problem as tales of symphonia.

Boring, lifeless, emotionless delivery of lines ontop of poorly written teenager dialogue in general and every character is every anime trope turned up to 11.

HEY LOOK PAY ATTENTION TO THE LOVE INTEREST LOOK SHES BEING VAGUE AND PLAYING HARD TO GET LIKE SHE DOESNT ACTUALLY LIKE YOU LOOK PAY ATTENTION THIS IS LITERALLY ALL WE GOT BETTER STRAP THE FUCK IN TO GENERIC BORING TOWN
>>
File: IMG_0066.jpg (192KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0066.jpg
192KB, 750x1000px
>>376904223
>>
>>376904223
>weeb games focus on shitty anime tropes and waifus rather than good gameplay
Congrats, you are now enlightened.
>>
>>376902768
here is ur reply
>>
>>376904478

It's even worse in Tales of Symphonia though.

It's so fucking bad dude. It feels like an assembly line of bad things all stitched together to mass produce it.
>>
When will people learn that you not liking a game doesn't equate to it being an "objectively" bad game? Overrated is a fine term but then some take it to mean garbage without any redeeming aspects.
>>
>>376904604
I learned a long time ago to stay away from weeb games. They're shitty meme games made with minimal effort because the devs know the no-life virgin neckbeards who play this shit only care about the waifus. The Tales series is no exception to this.
>>
I don't understand the "Nier has bad gameplay" meme. It's simplistic and dull, sure, but definitely not "bad".

Try Deadly Premonition if you want legit shit gameplay.
>>
>>376904787
Japs can make good games. I just learned to stay away from games with anime like characters. They rely too much on tropes and waifus to get players. Tales games have a fun combat system, but rest is trash. Japs are best when focusing on gameplay than trying create an cohesive and interesting story. All their best games have convuluted, short, or no story at all. From dark souls to mario, this is true.
>>
Posting cause I'm hype for the updated Radiant Historia.
>>
>>376903417
It means those games are overrated trash. They're not good games and shouldn't be treated like they are. The one game that OP got wrong on that list is Radiant Historia. Its the ONLY good game on that list.

The rest is all highly overated garbage.
>>
>>376902768
>overrated trash /v/ loves to pretend are good
>no the witcher series
>>
>>376904787
He said Tales games were shit, not all weeb games. You're starting to sound like a dudebro, anon...
>>
>>376902768
You forgot Metroid Prime
>>
>>376905742
I never said all Jap games are bad. I said weeb games, as in games with anime art style. Japan makes good games when they use western style, like the Souls series.
>>
Is this a bait thread to say genuinely good games are bad?
>>
>Sleeping Dogs
I've never seen /v/ overtly praise this game.
>Persona 3
This really is a huge piece of shit. I've played a shitload of jrpgs and put P3 in my top 10 WORST.
>>
>>376902768
I agree, Xenoblade on the Wii was better than on 3DS.
>>
>>376902768
Radiant Histora is great but you are right about most of those games, chiefly TiTs and Symphonia
>>
>>376907148
>TiTs
Excuse me?
>>
>>376907061
>I've never seen /v/ overtly praise this game.

Yes they do every fucking time there's a thread they try to act like it's hundred times better than GTA even though it has batman tier combat and shitty driving.

People legit think it's a gem
>>
>>376907213
The gameplay is only passable and the dialouge is mediocre, it might be miles ahead of most portable anime games but that doesnt make it worth playing
>>
>>376907653
>it might be miles ahead of most portable anime games
It really isn't when the gameplay is so shit but unlike most portable anime games you don't have to machinegun your circle button to wade through boring dialogue.
TiTs(and Kiseki in general) is the love child between Planescape: Torment and the shittiest and most generic fantasy anime from the 90's you can imagine, and maybe it's even insulting for 90's anime because at least those were drawn decently, TiTs character art is vomit inducing.
>>
>>376906497
kek
>>
>this is the only way I can get people to talk to me anymore
>>
>using NieR and not Automata

Automata is literally the most overrated Jap game on /v/ in the last decade. Actual Tarofags will tell you straight up NieR isn't perfect and has many gameplay flaws. Autoamtafags will not hear anything other than praising it as the epitome of video games and nothing will ever, ever come close to its perfection.
>>
>>376902971
no need to be upset little buddy it's just an opinion c:
>>
>>376908260
>Autoamtafags will not hear anything other than praising it as the epitome of video games and nothing will ever, ever come close to its perfection.
What? No they don't. It's just "muh ass".
>>
>>376908260
Automata is playable

Nier drones never admit their gameplay is shit, that's only drakengard 1
>>
>>376902768
Agree on trails, persona, tales of. Dragons dogma is too unfinished, but it does well what it does. Haven't play others.
>>
You people generalize way too much.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.