[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how did this game flop so hard? Anyone else sad that the deus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 20

File: dmd.jpg (16KB, 614x104px) Image search: [Google]
dmd.jpg
16KB, 614x104px
how did this game flop so hard? Anyone else sad that the deus ex franchise is likely done after the massive commercial failure of deus ex:mankind divided?
>>
They shot themselves in the foot by deciding it should be half a game and have an augmented season pass.
>>
>>376900273
Yes, and I fucking loved Human Revolution too. I even liked MGSV better. Fuck this game.
>>
Mixture of different elements: A) bad marketing made even worse by horrible pricing model, B) rushed development attempting to create hold-over piece rather than an actual solid, self-standing sequel leading to a game that while actually fairly good still feels like a dissapointment at the end, C) as the initial wave of interest faded, it actually turns out "immersive sims" have FAR smaller appeal that it was initially though, as the gamer audience that once really loved them is mostly gone and replaced by brain-dead idiots or people with impossibly high standards.

If it wasn't for the Prey debacle going on right now, I would have not though the C) point, but now I'm starting to seriously think this genre fundamentally has problem connecting with broader audience, regardless of the quality of the title.
Still, the majority of the fault does lie with the publisher (and to a lesser degree with the developer) because they really managed to make a game that ultimately makes you feel disappointed and unsatisfying DESPITE the fact hat most of it is actually fairly good. But it can't be and it isn't sadly the whole story.
>>
>>376900359
>They shot themselves in the foot by deciding it should be half a game and have an augmented season pass.
Nobody knew beforehand that the ending was rather abrupt and it still sold way less than HR.

As for the season pass, a lot of games come with that and still sell tons.
>>
>>376900359
The two DLC packs didn't add that much content though, did they? It's not they "completed" the game
>>
>>376900273
I had bought Hitman, got fucked in the ass with Denuvo and always online, boycot SE since then. And I really liked Human Revolution and had been looking forward for this.
>>
>>376901508
although the second one is very very good, apparently
>>
>>376900273
It runs like utter dogshit. Fuck this trash, even if the game was objectively good, it still deserved to flop just to show the other dumbfuck devs that not optimizing your games properly will lead to shit sales.
>>
>>376901821
Buy a used copy
>>
>>376900273
I recently bought this game, being a huge fan of both Deus Ex and Human Revolutions, and I just couldn't get into it. The graphics don't seem as polished as HR, like, they just seem off and it runs a bit wonky. The fact that it's contained to one hub was also a bummer.

Plus, it's really just more of the same of HR, instead of trying to be its own thing.
>>
The PREORDER YOUR AUGMENT bullshit that Sqeenix marketing thought up to try to drive more sales. Even normalfags will get pissed the fuck off with some asshole in marketing dangling preorder bonuses "B-B-BUT ONLY IF ENOUGH PEOPLE PREORDER, SO TELL YOUR MOM TO PREORDER A COPY TOO!"

A lead developer trying to forcibly bolt his politics onto the politics in Deus Ex. "muh Robotic Apartheid, I'm african so I know about apartheid."

Using the same old, dated-looking engine for MD that HR used. HR wasn't a graphically stunning looking game when it released and it's even LESS graphically impressive years later. Somehow they made it run worse despite looking no better, though, although that might've specifically because someone had the genius idea to have preset configs use MSAA--the performance killer.

Intentionally chopping the game's narrative in half at a cliffhanger so they could sell DE:MD2 a year or two later. Forced trilogies are starting to annoy people, I think.

Used Denuvo.
>>
>>376901957
>It runs like utter dogshit

What? That's like the one complaint I don't have about it.
>>
>play the shit out of deus ex, currently on 4th playthrough
>play the shit out of HR, currently on 3rd playthrough

>play MD
>get bored after 2 hours

what the fuck happened? did I just develop ADD or is something genuinely fucked about this game?
>>
>>376900273
$15 is still a lot imo. I bought the deluxe edition for $22 a few months ago and only put about 4 hours into it.

It's not really that bad, but I haven't had the urge to continue yet. The one time use dlc is pure jewery though.
>>
>>376902369
Didn't play at launch? It was exactly like Dishonored 2, had to wait a few weeks to even play the game I bought. Glad it wasn't full price.
>>
File: Deus-Ex-Invisible-War-2.jpg (120KB, 1600x935px) Image search: [Google]
Deus-Ex-Invisible-War-2.jpg
120KB, 1600x935px
>>376900273
>the deus ex franchise is likely done after the massive commercial failure of deus ex:mankind divided
you look like you forgot about invisible war
>>
Invisible War failed tenfold, it's not a big deal, the franchise will survive.
>>
>>376902615
Invisible what?
>>
deus ex isn't a 'franchise', it's one good game and a bunch of spin offs
human revolution was ok but mankind divided looked like shit so I'm not really sad
>>
>>376902663
yep too young to remember, go back to >>>/r/eddit/
>>
I'll probably buy it now. I'm just afraid my comp won't like it.
>>
>>376902468
It completely lacks any kind of real "hook". It's technically completely all right: but there is basically no point in the game where the player would REALLY feel compelled to know what is going to happen? The mechanics are more polished and ballanced than in HR: but they are otherwise the same. You've already seen it all.
The story just fails to create any kind of intrigue. It's completely by the numbers: neither the characters, nor the plot tells you anything that you would feel like you really want to hear more about. It's just there: "just" more levels and slight ballancing improvements for the game you already played.

It lacks atmosphere and greater narrative appeal. Prague is a good environment, the hub is actually really well designed, and so are some of the missions, but they don't have anything to tie everything together. Your goals are vague, your enemies uninteresting, and you already know, because everybody else already told you, that the story is not going to get better and that it's going to end in a disappointment anyway.

That is the problem of this game. Every part of it is technically fine, but none of it is designed to draw you in. It's just all so... inconsequential. There is nothing new (even if individual elements are polished), nothing really happens, nothing really feels like it matters.
It's very easy to feel like you can just... skip out on this game and you won't miss anything substantial.
>>
>>376902780
I only remember Deus Ex having 3 games, the original, HR, and MD.
>>
>>376902925
Wait really?
>>
>>376902968
Are you a complete newfag?
>>
>>376903042
No, I meant that why he hasn't heard of IW.
>>
>>376900273
It didn't look different or unique enough. It just looked like a retread of DX:HR, but with a way less engaging hook, and taking place in fucking prague. Who gives a shit about prague.
>>
>>376902968
>tells me to go back to /reddit
>comes from /reddit himself
It's no wonder the joke went over your head the first time.
>>
File: 1379501903597.jpg (41KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1379501903597.jpg
41KB, 240x240px
>>376900273
>social commentary instead of the usual conspiracy plot
>incomplete story as it was written with a sequel in mind
>SE mismanaged the whole thing with their 90's business practices

the whole thing felt more like a glorified expansion for HR than a sequel
>>
>>376903104
What's Invisible War? Never heard of it, what are you talking about, are you some lunatic? Such a game doesn't exist.
>>
>>376903104
Look, I know we are not supposed to spoonfeed, but I kinda feel sorry for you:
"Deus Ex Invisible War never existed is a running joke that exists since that game was released and became one of the biggest disappointments in more recent gaming history. People pretend like the game never existed in joke to show how much they want to forget that pile of shit was made.
>>
I'd buy it, but at this rate it'll be 5 bucks really soon.
>>
What's up with the shitty sequels to great debuts lately?

Mankind Divided, Mirror's Edge 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider... probably more I can't think of. Gaming is one of those mediums where a sequel usually improves on the original in every way.
>>
>>376903190
The same thing will happen to Mankind Divided, just wait and see
>>
>>376903237
Nier was pretty good and so was Fate Extella if you count that as a sequel.
>>
>>376903273
No, it sure as fuck won't. People might ACTUALLY forget that MD has been released, because it's a forgettable game. Not a bad one, just somehow strangely forgetable and inconsequential.
IW on the other hand is game that everybody WANTED to forget, but they can't: it's firmly burned into their memory as one of the biggest gaming betreyals and disappointments in history.
>>
>>376903110
Human rev took place in Detroit. Literally the most worthless nigger city in the world.
>>
>>376903237
Because devs only have enough ideas for one game, then they just rehash what the previous game did but mix it up a little so it isnt so obvious for the sequel
>>
>>376900273
I didn't buy it because it got so much shit for not being optimized well and my mid-range PC couldn't have ran it well enough and I didn't want to play the console version.
>>
>>376903237
But Tomb Raider 2013 was absolute shit.
>>
>>376902274
Mankind divided has amazing graphics. Did you even play you fucking mongoloid?
You must be a fucking console nigger.
>>
>>376903528
I have a 7 year old PC with a 3gb GTX 1060 and I can run the game at 60 fps 1080p at ultra high.

If you can't run MD at these very settings you don't have a midrange PC so shut the fuck up.
>>
>>376903237

it's the time we live in, hype is all that matters, if they succeed with the first title, than maintaining said hype with the second is a problem, since you have to create new hooks to bait people into buying the game, which unfortunately these one trick pony devs are incapable of doing.
>>
>>376900273
Because Human Revolution just wasn't that good and people didn't really want more of it.

It's a lightning striking twice situation, trying to replicate a success that rode on novelty and not substance.
>>
>>376903381
you sound like a retard that never played invisible war.

it was disappointing but mostly because of the technical issues. it reviewed decently and i had fun with it at the time and i was a huge deus ex fan.
>>
>>376902914
This is my feelings as well; it's a solid game but it just spins its wheels and doesn't go anywhere. even the most tense bit for me, going into the VR station before your boss came back, was a wet fart since you go in and out without problem.

it also doubled down on the augmentation shit, which again MD already did. All the hate against the augs was actually justified to normal people because even though we know what really happened, from everybody else's perspective they all just went batshit and started killing everybody for no reason.

The original Deus Ex had so much depth to its plotlines and presented lots of political and philisophical stuff without having an agenda behind it. Nothing since has really been able to capture that.
>>
>>376903695
Human revolution was one of the best games of last gen. You must be really fucking retarded. People with opinions like yours literally need to die.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 624x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 624x620px
>Deus Ex is dead or at least "on ice" for a few years
>Rise of The Tomb Raider and its exclusivity on MS consoles probably pissed off to many people and didn't sell well
>Thief is being made into a movie
>Sleeping Dogs was killed by the Triad Wars MMO
>Square Enix has dumped the Hitman franchise due to "critical losses" and IO Interactive is taking it with them

What the fuck has happened to Square Enix and their western franchises? Have they lost the plot?
>>
>>376903747
>MD
Meant HR, that probably says a lot about how much the 2 games stand out from each other
>>
>>376903627
Well not anymore I guess. When MD came out my i7 4790K and R9 390 would have been considered mid-range, but I guess now they're considered below poor -tier.
>>
>>376903536
Cool opinion
>>
>>376903472
I just think normies saw DX:MD and went "oh it's more of the same". Also immersion sims are way more niche than the budget DX:MD had. Mankind Divided kind of lucked out back in 2010.
>>
>>376903786
They're essentially the same game but the other one is the 2016 model.
>>
>>376903627
Yeh to the game's credit they must of patched most of the bad shit out, load times were pretty quick for me and I have a toaster.

either that or it's the kind of people who do one quest at a time and go back and forth between zones 20 times instead of building them up and making each visit to the districts more useful.
>>
>>376903858
>MD
>qualifying as an immersive sim

Not even HR close, buddy.
>>
>>376903769
If that's the best you can muster, homeboy, don't even bother posting.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution reflects the piss filter it bore with pride: some Canuck's wet dream of a piss-poor fanfiction that fucked up half the mechanics of the original Deus Ex, most of the lore and all of the emphasis on humanity. What did they put it its place but some artificial rioting over prosthesis and some prettier graphics?

Best game of last gen? You're pathetic.
>>
>>376903784
Vast majority of squeenix profit comes from their japanese franchises and mobile games.

Westshitters have been a net loss for squeenix since the beginning so they are cutting them loose.

The world is moving on, AAA gaming is ending.
>>
I have a FX-6300 and a RX480 8GB and 8GB RAM. Will this game run like dogshit due to my relatively weak CPU?
>>
>>376903237
RotTR was pretty damn good
>>
>>376903990
Oh it's another dudesex nostalgiafag.

I tried the original, literally couldnt make anything out because of the block graphics.

Compared to all the cods and battlefields and other western garbage, HR was easily one of the best games of last gen.
>>
File: 1492987351835.png (66KB, 250x273px)
1492987351835.png
66KB, 250x273px
>>376903951
I agree, but DX:HR, Dishonored, and Bioshock represent a slow but growing confidence in the "FPS RPG" concept. They're still not as mechanically complex as Thief or System Shock or Deus Ex 1, but they were getting closer.

Dishonored 2, DX:MD and Prey all flopping is definitely enough to put publishers off the idea of investing in this genre in the future, which is a shame. I think we're going to see a wave of similar, lower budget games shifting over to crowdfunding platforms. You can already see this with things like Square Enix dropping IO interactive (Hitman has a lot in common with immersion sims)

System Shock 3 is pretty much the last hope for this genre.
>>
>>376904117
Well I have a 7 year old intel CPU (i7 2600) and it runs perfectly. With an RX 480 you should be able to run it at max settings.
>>
File: 1477350888526.png (345KB, 498x568px)
1477350888526.png
345KB, 498x568px
>>376904192
How did it end up like this? Why do people hate actual video games so much? None of this makes sense.
>>
File: 1492249106457.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492249106457.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>376904143
>I tried the original, literally couldnt make anything out because of the block graphics.

To quote little ol' you.

"You must be really fucking retarded."

This conversation is over. Have the last word if it makes you feel any better.
>>
>>376903735
>it was disappointing but mostly because of the technical issues.
Yeah, there is always one deluded pile of shit that claims this. My only explanations would be either just pure, undilluted contrarianism, or Xbox players who played DX:IW as probably one of their very first games and just absolutely not knew any better.
It was a pile of pure shit. Insane betreyal: makes of one of the best games in history made something that was borderline unplayable and did not retain a SINGLE good feature from the previous game.

It was not the technical issues. That was just the cherry on the top. It was an awful game. And it did not have a single thing that made Deus Ex good.
>>
>like dishonored 1
>buy dishonored 2
>end up refunding it
>like borderlands 1
>buy borderlands 2
>end up refunding it
>like just cause 2
>buy just cause 3
>end up refunding it
>like human revolution
should i go through with it or will i just end up refunding it?
>>
>Live in Canada
>Telecom syndicates are too strong
>People need to scrounge for what little gigabits they can get
>Only work is crunch detail in Montreal video game sector
>Too poor to even download game made next door
>Majority of neighbours are less than 20 gigabits a month away from overage charges
>Most need Netflix to survive in our barren broadcast landscape

Why do I even need cyberpunk?
>>
>>376904573
MD is on sales right now and has next gen graphics and superior gameplay.

If you just want more HR but fantastic graphics and better gameplay but gimped story, then go for it.
>>
>>376904192
>slow but growing confidence in the "FPS RPG" concept.
The reception ranging between lukewarm and out-right failure of Bioshock 2, Infinite, Dishonored 2, HR:MD and now Prey actually clearly display this confidence was utterly misplaced, and the genre is probably going to go into a stasis again for the next few years. And the sad part is: the poor reception is clearly not tied to the actual quality of the games, as Dishonored 2 was decent and Prey is actually amazing, yet one barely made green numbers while the other is looking out to be the flop of a year.

>>376904310
I suspect that we essentially live in an era of systematic support for certain type of insecurity or mental illness that just slowly drives the younger generation to be fucked up. Obsession with negativity and contrarianism, no patience or creativity, absolute refusal to question yourself, completely unrealistic or disconnected expectations, obsession with fabricated moral superiority... People are growing to be uncapable of liking things these days. Any extra effort you put in these days is going to be wasted.
>>
>>376900273
Cyberpunk appeals to a very specific audience.
Those that love it love it a great deal.
Those that don't do worse than hate it they nothing it.

This and GitS show there isn't much of a market for it.
>>
>>376904360
it's not contrarian you're just the revisionist fag that acts like IW was an abomination while it was just mediocre. it does plenty of things the original did, just mostly for the worse because the levels were all about the size of my apartment.
>>
>>376903784
Thief movie could be fun desu
>>
>>376904143
>I tried the original, literally couldnt make anything out because of the block graphics.
Jesus Christ fucking kill yourself dude
>>
File: dishonored-2.jpg (40KB, 1678x937px) Image search: [Google]
dishonored-2.jpg
40KB, 1678x937px
>>376904310
I have no evidence to back it up, but if I had to hazard a guess, i'd say that fans pimped the shit out of those games enough that normies wanted to try something new. Dishonored especially looks really action-oriented in trailers and on paper, and it can be played that way but it requires more skill than most people are willing to invest in the game.

Combine that with longer-than-normal campaign lengths and a high skill ceiling, and I think most people bought them and went "it's okay, but not for me." People liked the storytelling, but didn't like going around reading stuff. That's why Bioshock 2 didn't meet sales expectations, but Bioshock: Infinite succeeded (Bioshock 1 sold 4 million copies, Bioshock 2 sold 3 million copies, Bioshock Infinite sold 11 million copies)

Then the sequels that came out like DX:MD, Dishonored 2 and even Prey (which isn't a sequel, but it's sort of a spiritual successor to System Shock) came out with relatively modest marketing campaigns, and looked very similar to the old games. They sold themselves on mechanical complexity, not characters, story and combat, and that's why they flopped.

Normies wanted more Bioshock Infinite-type games, not more System Shock-type games. The weight of fans selling that shit just wasn't enough for those games to break even. Maybe with a bigger marketing budget, but aside from possibly Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2 and Prey didn't sell well.
>>
>>376900273
Human Revolution was terrible and I don't see why anyone would want more of the same
>>
>>376903237
RoTR was better than TR2013
>>
>>376904914
>was an abomination while it was just mediocre.
No, it actually was an abomination, and there was not a single person who thought otherwise back when it was released. where THE FUCK do you think the whole "let's pretend it never happened" joke came from?

Fuck you you revisionist fucking underaged fucking retards actually fucking trying to pretend that this wasn't a pile of SHIT. God dammit how lower are we going to steep now?

Universal ammo? No RPG elements? Levels the size of a Japanese students fucking apparment? Completely fucking retarded story? Some of the worst gunplay in history of shooters, actually worse in orignal Deus Ex but in a game that is a pure shooter/stealth without the actual RPG elements? Even the fucking text in this game was poorly done. And I don't mean writing: I mean the fucking font size and selection.

Fuck you for claiming that was mediocre.
>>
>>376905016
I have a job and a life bro. I don't have enough time to play every game in history. So I only play games with amazing graphics.
>>
File: 1222298577431.jpg (37KB, 460x481px)
1222298577431.jpg
37KB, 460x481px
>>376905206
calm down you retarded spaz
>>
>>376904829
>Those that don't do worse than hate it they nothing it.

You think being impartial is worse than hating? Impartial is fine, it just means it can't rely of superficial crap for appeal, it has to actually be good.

Being cyberpunk didn't hurt DE, it just doesn't help.
>>
>>376900273
denuvo lmao
>>
>>376905408
Fuck off with your denuvo meme. It's had literally 0 impact on my legit copies of games.
>>
>>376905312
>I have a job and a life bro.
So you chose to play the pretty looking ones instead of the good ones? Great logic.

>>376905356
No, I won't. Fuck you. Delusional assholes lying and going out of their way to defend objectively incredibly bad practices and products for sake of either contrarianism, or because they refuse to admit their standards were terrible at the time they've encountered them deserve to be mad about. People like you are bad, there is absolutely no excuse for you.
>>
File: 1493588932561.png (25KB, 213x214px)
1493588932561.png
25KB, 213x214px
>>376905479
>Fuck off with your denuvo meme. It's had literally 0 impact on my legit copies of games.

That's why ever sequel with denuvo sells like 10x less than the prequel?

This is what cucks want us to believe?

KEK
>>
>>376904829
>GitS
Gits flopped because it was insanely bad, not because Cyberpunk having niche appeal.

The reasons why MD failed are more complicated, it was not a flat-out bad product like GitS was, but it cannot be blamed on the genre either, considering the success of HR.
>>
>>376905596
Ever heard of the correlation does not mean causation thing? You might want to look it up.
>>
>>376902274
>Using the same old, dated-looking engine for MD that HR used

They don't use the same engine, you dumb nigger. HR used an ancient engine originally created by Crystal Dynamics for Tomb Raider: Legend. Mankind Divided uses the Dawn Engine, which is a modified version of the Glacier 2 engine created by IO Interactive for Hitman: Absolution.

Mankind Divided also looks great maxed out on PC, save for the shitty animations.
>>
>>376904792
>negativity and contrarianism, no patience or creativity,
Just described me. Am I fucked?
>>
I have some money in my steam wallet and saw this sale, and almost pulled the trigger. But everyone says it's an unfinished game. But it did just remind me that I never even beat Human Revolution. So I'm reinstalling that instead.
>>
>>376905508
"People like you are bad, there is absolutely no excuse for you."

-grown man having a meltdown over a video game
>>
File: 1494256440034.png (179KB, 500x457px) Image search: [Google]
1494256440034.png
179KB, 500x457px
>>376905784
When it happens to 100% of the games you can't help but think...
>>
>>376905868
forgot to ask, is there something else I can better spend $15 bucks on? It's burning a hole in my pocket but nothing is jumping out at me.
>>
>>376905784
https://steamdb.info/app/429660/graphs/
https://steamdb.info/app/351970/graphs/

This isn't fair, Berseria was a much better game, but denuvo just destroyed the chance of another Tales coming to Steam, thanks denuvocucks.
>>
equating racism with people wanting to walk or see again.
>>
>>376900273
The game isn't even short, but the main story is blatantly unfinished. Also, bad PR from microtransactions, day one DLC, and pre-order program.
>>
>>376905868
The story is unfinished, there is still a good amount content in this game, especially for $15. Some side quests are really great.
>>
>>376900273
>how did this game flop so hard?

They did what every developer seem to do after a random massive success. They got fucking lazy.

I mean fuck. Here is "Breaking into the most secure bank in the world"
>Enter parking garage
>Use one of any number of augments to get by the fan
>Climb down a ladder
>Walk through a door

Done. You have broken into the vaults of the most secure bank in the world. Then you are not even rewarded for it. You still need to find the keycards in the world. Even after that you get NOTHING. You get some lore stuff that you should already know and a shitty gun that uses rare one of a kind ammo that only works on mechanical enemies.

Even worse the bank does not react to you. Early in the game because I was already bored I hacked all the drones in the main bank building and watched everything kill each other for shits and giggles. Then I killed everything left including the civilians. What happens when I come back for a story mission? Nothing. No upgrades to security everything is exactly the same just respawned. You would think the "most secur3e bank in the world" would have taken some fucking steps to prevent that shit from happening again.

What I think happened is they listened to fans and what they liked about the first one and made a check list of shit to make sure was in the game. But in doing so its feels like a fucking checklist. Exploration is there but not really worth it. Secret stuff is there but not really meaningful. Side quests are there but are quarantined so hard that their "rewards" are pointless and not very useful.

Its the worst case of lazy over designed garbage I've ever seen and it pisses me off. Here is the one thing I loved about the game though. The subway loading screens and interactions. That shit was 10/10. They took a game element and incorporated it into the world. Then if you did not obey the worlds laws you got checked. That level of awesome shit should have been everywhere.
>>
>>376905873
>-grown man having a meltdown over a video game
Yeah, meltdown. Keep inventing magical backstories so that you can safely ignore and completely phaze out any criticisms aimed towards you, kiddo.

I'm angry at people like you. It's actually right to be angry at people like you. Not over a videogame, but over an entire generation of people who decide to be blind to the world around them, and will happely make decisions that are harmful to them and everyone around them for absurd, fucked up reasons of contrarianism, delusions, or refusal to ever question their own beliefs. That is actually really, really bad. Anyone who maintains delusions because he is too much of a coward to actually question himself is potentially a grave danger to himself and others.
>>
>>376906184
how is it being senile in your 30s you pathetic mongoloid
>>
>>376905932
>it happens to 100% of the games

>Total War: Warhammer is also the fastest-selling Total War game, selling half a million copies in the first few days on sale.
>Battlefield 1 was the top-selling game in the US in the month of its release. In February 2017, EA announced that the game sold over 14 million copies and that the game had reached their expectations.
>FIFA 17 has been the fastest selling edition of the franchise.
>According to Ubisoft, Far Cry Primal performed better than they had expected, and that its release became the biggest launch of a game in February.
>Resident Evil 7 received generally favorable reviews, which praised the gameplay, graphics, and design. It had the third-best sales debut in the series and has sold over 3 million copies.

Really gets the mind racing.
>>
>>376906184

I'm actually with you on your original point but crikey la, calm down
>>
File: 1494189050057.jpg (33KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1494189050057.jpg
33KB, 540x540px
>>376906406
https://steamdb.info/app/371660/graphs/
https://steamdb.info/app/298110/graphs/

This really activates my almonds...
>>
>>376906406
>According to Ubisoft, Far Cry Primal performed better than they had expected
Ubisoft of all things is well known to lie about stuff like that. I mean hell, if you haven't typed out "Far Cry Primal" nobody would remember that game exists.
>>
>>376906434
>crikey la

lol wtf, u some kind of singapoorean convict hybrid?
>>
>>376903784
they make shitty boring by the numbers games and people had enough of those. the old AAA formula has stopped working
>>
File: 1494200218219.jpg (117KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494200218219.jpg
117KB, 1440x1080px
>>376906406
https://steamdb.info/app/418370/graphs/
https://steamdb.info/app/221040/graphs/

Wow I'm getting such strong vibrations on my mind!
>>
>>376900273
It didn't run on ten year old toasters on ultra at 156156156495681561956156fps at 2819048219421904821905790u235890x458954896348990378932798532789 reoslution causing poorfags(aka the majority of mustard race posters) to freak out. Also had themes that triggered all the alt-cucks and because I don't wanna deal with them I'm just gonna sage this thread mmmkay?
>>
>>376906521

They can't lie about things like that. They are a publicly traded company, they have legal obligations to their shareholders.

And Far Cry Primal was just a cheap and dirty spin off like Blood Dragon was, except this time selling for a lot more. I doubt they really had a need for sales to be that high to justify the project.
>>
>>376906517
>>376906645
Ahahahaha, the intellect of an animeposter. Literally trying to compare total sales of old games that have been on sale multiple times for next to nothing to new titles at full price. Call me in a few years when those games have had as much time on sale and as many discounts as the older ones.

Also

>trying to judge Ubisoft sales via Steam when every third party seller sells uPlay keys

Retard.

>>376906521
Yeah, that explains why they publically admitted that Watch Dogs 2 pre-order numbers were disappointing and haven't said a word about sales since. I'm sure you, /v/ shitposter, know best. :^)
>>
Any chance of a Director's Cut of this game?

I love the series and I even kinda liked The Fall so I might go for it.
>>
>>376907136

No chance. The director's cut of HR only exists because of the Wii U port.
>>
>>376907136
Doubt it, seems like SE just wants to sweep the franchise and its underperformance under the rug
>>
>>376907303
We'll get an MD director's cut when they port it to the Switch then
>>
>>376907313
>company makes 1 bad game in their revival
>somehow its the end of the world and they have to destroy everything

What fucking gives? Just make another one but don't fuck it up this time with microtransactions , and let them actually finish the game instead of deciding to chop it in half for more money.
>>
>>376907383

The Switch doesn't have a gimmick tablet controller tempting devs and publishers.
>>
>>376907094
This will never happen, some people just never buy denuvo games. Which is why their sales are so shitty.
>>
>>376907568
>SE execs are fucking retarded
That's nothing new
Besides, they redirected their Western game studios to work on capeshit, which is more lucrative
>>
>>376907812
And all that capeshit is going to sell.

Just fucking nuke this planet dude, jesus christ
>>
File: IMG_0386.png (133KB, 1035x920px)
IMG_0386.png
133KB, 1035x920px
>>376903747
>All the hate against the augs was actually justified to normal people because even though we know what really happened, from everybody else's perspective they all just went batshit and started killing everybody for no reason.

Also, not to go too /pol/, but we got rid of our own apartheid and it didn't work out too well. So it's hard to sympathize on a narrative or metaphorical level.
>>
File: 6tlHGlz.webm (448KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
6tlHGlz.webm
448KB, 720x406px
>>376905097
>Human Revolution was terrible
>>
>>376908397
Even completely disregarding the actual political real-world implications of the apartheid: the whole analogy was just fucking painfully dumb. It did not work at all. I think they wanted to go for the feeling than any kind of racial real-world commentary: they just liked the somewhat paranoid, frustrated and escalated feeling, to make the environments feel dramatic and the stakes high more than anything... but I still think it was a bad choice. The analogy between the historical racial tensions and the fear of augs just does not work. The two are entirely different fucking things. It feels clumsy and awkward and it is just flat out silly.
>>
>>376906521
>if you haven't typed out "Far Cry Primal" nobody would remember that game exists

A damn shame, because it's actually a very good game.
>>
>>376907057
>And Far Cry Primal was just a cheap and dirty spin off like Blood Dragon was

No, absolutely not. It's a full standalone game. In terms of singleplayer, it genuinely has a lot more content and deeper gameplay than Far Cry 4. I suppose the fact that it doesn't have multiplayer or a map editor does make it seem "smaller" than it really is.
>>
File: 1494038169915.jpg (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1494038169915.jpg
4KB, 184x184px
>>376905206
>>376905508
>>376906184

Jesus fuck calm down, IW is not worth blowing up a school bus of kids over
>>
>>376909376
why are you people so insanely obsessive with the "percieved tone" of people who post on this board? Every time I see people just completely spazzing out because they feel like somebody else is "mad". The fuck is wrong with you kids? It's like sharing a room with bunch of hysteric woman. "It's not what you said, it's the TONE WITH WHICH YOU SAID IT!"

When exactly did this happen?
>>
>>376908958
Name one good thing about its gameplay, it's the worst stealth game I can think of and combat is Alpha Protocol tier
>>
>>376909740
The part where Deus Ex says "I never asked for this"
>>
>>376900273
>make human revolution
>be mediocre
>decide to make medicore sequel to a mediocre game

AND THEN THEY DID THE SAME WITH DISHONORED HMMMMM I WONDER WHY IT FLOPPED HMMMMMM
>>
>>376909589
Why do I imagine you breathing heavily as you type?
>>
>>376910085
I don't know. Something is seriously wrong with you there. It seems to me (and this is just a speculation) that you are so god-damn insecure that you have to imagine anything and anyone who says anything that you might not like to hear as physically repulsive as possible in order to make yourself feel better about yourself and cope with the nagging pain of being confronted with anything that challenges your views or personality.
>>
>>376910085
>>376910339
Can't we all just get along?
>>
>>376901192
You'd think with the greater gaming audience that they'd do better but I guess not.
>>
>>376908958
>liking HR when the original exists
>>
>>376910629
HR was still pretty good. I mean yeah, it's way too heavy on context sensitive mechanics, but it's way better than people expected it to be.
>>
>>376910476
Size of the audience apparently does not mean anything if the majority of that audience are still idiots, or/and when the publisher/developer fucks up. Plus, the production budget scales with the size of the audience in most AAA titles, meaning that the actual absolute numbers of players don't matter - the proportion of the people who bought it vs. the proportions of the market do.
>>
>>376910339
>types out a college essay worth of rants and tirades, all responding to a posts that have a sentence at most
>insults and fuck you's everywhere
>constant back and forth because you can't settle on a single topic
>surprised when people think he's getting upset
>>
>>376909934
That is one shit opinion son goddamn
>>
>>376910339
The more you keep typing these the more I realize you're just talking about yourself.
>>
>>376910867
>types out a college essay worth of rants and tirades, all responding to a posts that have a sentence at most
This is another thing that baffles me. Since when is being thorough in answer a bad thing too?
HEY, YOU USE A LOT OF WORDS. THAT IS BAD. FUCK YOU, YOU MUST BE MAD. HAHAHA, YOU ARE MAD I WIN!

Remember when U MAD was something associated with the most obnoxious children on XBL? When it became the standard for communication on this board?

>>376911037
This just does not work. I don't care about the emotional state of other people, that seems to be your obsession. I'm stating reasons. We are reaching NO U territory on top of the U MAD one we already fell into.
>>
>>376911190
>that you are so god-damn insecure that you have to imagine anything and anyone who says anything that you might not like to hear as physically repulsive as possible in order to make yourself feel better about yourself and cope with the nagging pain of being confronted with anything that challenges your views or personality

Damn dude It's like I watching a character arc in one my animes, seeing you do this dance.
>>
File: 0o1.gif (487KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
0o1.gif
487KB, 400x266px
>IW is only medio-
>>
>>376911339
And now we are going past that into smashing key randomly in frustration territories. That post just does not even make sense.
>>
>>376911623
You are what you write, open your eyes and look in a mirror.
>>
>>376911406
Don't do it. Apparently they'll think you are mad and that will completely derail the communication, seeing as that matters a whole lot than the game itself.
>>
>>376911683
>You are what you write, open your eyes and look in a mirror.
What does that make you, considering that you spent better portion of the threat talking about somebody has to be mad and about how they breathe? Do you not realize the irony of what you are saying here?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (33KB, 489x240px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
33KB, 489x240px
>>376911790
Nigga I'm a different poster. Seriously, seek fucking help.
>>
>>376911692
I'm pretty sure that post is satirizing you, man.
>>
>Complete edition is still full price.

My PC can't run it anyway so I'm not buying it until I get a new one but still.
>>
So I enjoyed both new Deus Ex games and not so much the Dishonored games.
Want to try Prey but I strongly hesitate.
Is it as good as the Deus Ex games?
>>
>come into thread expecting discussion
>some autist going nuclear over IW
>remember I'm on /v/ and theres no such thing as discussion here
>>
>In the slides portion of their financial results, Square Enix mentioned Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as another contributor to increased net sales

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/05/11/final-fantasy-xv-rise-tomb-raider-ps4-help-square-enix-sales-reach-record-high/

Seems like the game made profit for SE after all, even if it underperformed badly.
>>
>>376912241
>Is it as good as the Deus Ex games?
I'd say in some ways it's better than HR and definitely better than MD, but it's a very different game from DX series.

It's somewhere between System Shock 2, Alien Isolation and Dishonored. And the last one on the list should make you weary if you did not like that series so much.

While the early game feels a lot like SS2/A.I. - an extremely tense, lethal, low-resources survival game, mid and late game pumps the player with powers, tools, toys and resources and slowly moves from "I have to improvise because there is no "straight" option to survive the next encounter" to "I could just go and shoot the fucker, but that is boring and waste of bullets, so I'll think of some clever ambush to get rid of him instead".

The whole "do it your way, here is a whole bunch of powerful toys" philosophy that Arkane used for Dishonored is still there. It's better balanced: the encounters are still more challenging, you can't just completely bypass entire sections of the game as easily, but it is there.

There is a lot to love in the game though: it's a clear work of passion and effort. Just don't expect DX, it's not the same game. It's more of an RPG and exploration/survival game, actually.
>>
>>376912841
Thanks for the clear answer anon. Might give it a try then.
>>
>>376912241
It's better than the latest two Deus Ex imo.
Main difference is Prey doesn't focus on dialogues with NPCs, and its level design is less linear and more interconnected.
I'm a sucker for this type of level design.
>>
>>376903784
>critical losses
What? I heard the new game was good.
>>
>>376913535
>Deus Ex is dead or at least "on ice" for a few years

Seems it will be "on ice", the game did profit for SE

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/05/11/final-fantasy-xv-rise-tomb-raider-ps4-help-square-enix-sales-reach-record-high/

>Rise of The Tomb Raider and its exclusivity on MS consoles probably pissed off to many people and didn't sell well

Most likely true, unlikely that SE will have another deal with MS but we are definitely getting another Tomb Raider game

>Thief is being made into a movie

Apparently they are doing a movie AND a game

>Sleeping Dogs was killed by the Triad Wars MMO

Yeah, that really sucks ass

>Square Enix has dumped the Hitman franchise due to "critical losses" and IO Interactive is taking it with them

It's on Hiatus
>>
>>376900273
im looking forward to getting it on summer sale for cheaper.
>>
>>376913535
Good =/= sell good
>>
>>376900273
>Cheaper than Human Revolution
Well shit.
>>
>>376904310
Maybe this >>376904792 but also
1) game "jounalists" dont review them positively, either theyre lazy to like it or werent paid for
2) franchise suicide in hands of other developers; after Thi4f nobody will buy another thief game, after bioshock infinite nobody wants another bioshock etc. New mass andromeda for example had almost none of the original team.
We live in a time Undertale was GOTY because every other game failed the expectations it made.
>>
>>376901821
>Got fucked in the ass with Denuvo
how?
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.