[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is this thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: link.jpg (14KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
14KB, 460x215px
How good is this thing?
>>
Are you using a wired connection or 5GHz router? It's pretty good, although the video quality is noticeably worse from playing native on PC.

Are you using a 2.4Ghz router? Don't bother.
>>
>>376898052
Listen to this anon. The wifi isn't great at all unless your tv is literally by the router.

Also if you wanna play anything remotely new that's AAA,I hope you have a good pc. This thing isn't for toasters imo. Other than that it's great. I swap between it and my PS4 with ease and vidya on the couch no problem. It's constantly being updated too which is nice, my biggest worry when I got it was that it was gonna be shovelware, but they've managed to not forget about it.
>>
>>376898443
>if you wanna play anything remotely new that's AAA,I hope you have a good pc

Is it really that resource expensive?
>>
>>376898443
Also forgot to mention, for the most part it's plug and play, but there gonna be occasions where you're gonna have to start messing with settings and looking things up to get some games to run, or to recognize USB devices and whatnot.

I spent a good hour and a half trying to get pcsx2 to recognize my controller and headphones through it today. So if you're not the type that likes to sit there and mess with settings I'd just get yourself an hdmi cable and call it a day
>>
>>376897612
I an using a 5ghz router to stream between my rigs, and the tech baked into steam does wonders
I guess this would be the same
The point of my post: test your network streaming capabilities using two WiFi ac rigs
The steam link won't do any better
>>
The thing has an ethernet port too, right? How does a wired connection do as far as image quality and input lag go?
>>
>>376900119
Pretty good, I use an Ethernet but it's plugged into a Wi-Fi range booster since my router and modem are both upstairs.
I notice sliiiiiiight input lag when playing games like the original Sanic games, but it's not a problem for most games overall.
I've only noticed video problems when dicking around in FFXIV.
>>
>>376900119
i have the same setup as this guy >>376900602
but games like dark souls or n++ are "off" in terms of controls, because input lag i guess.
>>
File: hotline-bling-gif-7.gif (1MB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
hotline-bling-gif-7.gif
1MB, 600x339px
My wired connection versus my 5Ghz wifi connection to my Steam Link showed zero noticable differences, but you do need a not shit router.

I've played Rocket League, Witcher 3, and LEGO Worlds via the link on my TV and couch, and it's top fucking comfy.

You also don't -have- to use it for Steam strictly. It basically mirrors your desktop, so you can do other things.

My wife enjoyed watching my playthrough of Witcher 3, s she'd watch from the couch while I played at my desktop.

I grabbed one on sale for like 20 bucks from Amazon and it eas a wonderful little buy.
>>
>>376902094
Also: if your system can't handle pushing full 1080p video to the link, you can have it downscale to 720p, which usually looks decent enough if you have a good TV.
>>
I love using mine but sometimes it starts stuttering to the point out is unplayable. Not sure if it is my router or what.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.