[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect Andromeda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 16

File: mass-effect-andromeda-870x489.jpg (52KB, 870x489px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-andromeda-870x489.jpg
52KB, 870x489px
So it's on Hiatus
Will we see a sequel to Andromeda? Will they reboot it? Is the Franchise dead?
My guess is by 2026 or 2028 we will get a new Mass Effect game
>>
>>376891870
Who cares?
>>
File: 1494470890796.png (574KB, 689x569px) Image search: [Google]
1494470890796.png
574KB, 689x569px
>>376891870
Andromeda is a failed premise going to a new galaxy where your primary space transportation the mass relays aren't there is pretty retard.
>>
File: 1494399123471m.jpg (31KB, 297x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494399123471m.jpg
31KB, 297x1024px
>>376892183
Bioware was never going to retcon the shitty ME3 ending so they moved to a new galaxy where you start off a clean slate a soft reboot. But now the Franchise will most likely be reboot instead of Andromeda 2
>>
File: FaceApp_1494754334517.jpg (16KB, 276x308px) Image search: [Google]
FaceApp_1494754334517.jpg
16KB, 276x308px
At least they are still patching the game. I probably won't touch it for a good 5 months though.
>>
File: it angers.jpg (6KB, 180x229px) Image search: [Google]
it angers.jpg
6KB, 180x229px
>>376891870
The worst thing is that Andromeda could've been a fucking great game if it was made by a competent developer. And even with Bioware at the helm, you can kind of see what could've been.

It hurts because I really fucking want to pay the Andromeda that could've been, but I dropped the Andromeda we actually got three hours in because it's just unbearable.
>>
>Have a New Alien Husbando in Andromeda
Worth the purchase, desu.

>>376891870
Maybe, Maybe not.

Either ME finally passes away or whoever gets to make a sequel they absolutely cannot half-ass or risk being fired
>>
File: sad.jpg (44KB, 322x240px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
44KB, 322x240px
>>376891870
>Will we see a sequel to Andromeda?
It'll be a mobile game where you send out your squad to find base locations/materials or go on 'quests' with in app purchases for skins or something
>>
It won't nearly be that long anon, Ass Creed was on hiatus too and a new one is coming out next year.

The next Mass Effect will release somewhere around 2020.

Also I'd like to remind you that Andromeda is much better than ME1 and anyone who says otherwise has some thick nostalgia glasses on. And no "potential" is not a valid argument, every shitty game in existence has had potential.
>>
File: Blacked.png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
Blacked.png
167KB, 300x347px
>>376891870
What about Dragon Age?
That did better than this so is that dead too?
>>
>>376892345
>Bioware was never going to retcon the shitty ME3 ending

bioware nuked the ip form the get go by having chooseable outcomes for the trilogy
>>
Mass effect lore is absolutely wasted on bioware. Who would you pick to make a mass effect game, lads?
>>
>>376892886
DICE
>>
Just make the next game a Dating Sim.

Fags get: Avitus, Gil, Kallo, Reyes
Lesbos get: Vetra, PB, Suvi, Morda
Hambeasts get: Black'd, Reyes, Tiran, Kallo
Straight Men get: Cora, Vetra, Lexi, Raeka, Avela
>>
File: 1490982537526.jpg (67KB, 480x608px) Image search: [Google]
1490982537526.jpg
67KB, 480x608px
>>376891870
If EA/Bioware has half a brain they'll spend the next six months patching the game. Sure it'll cost them money, but it will at least redeem the game in the eyes of the fans. Mass Effect is still a huge IP for them, but if they just abandon it after pushing out a complete mess of a game onto a fanbase that's less and less willing to eat shit, they're essentially killing the entire franchise.

If they patch the game to the point where at least the obvious bugs and errors are fixed, they send out two clear messages. One, that they still care about the franchise and aren't just dropping it. Two, that they care about the opinions of the fans and don't want to saddle them with a broken product. Just patching the game to a decent state (and maybe adding some free DLC for existing owners as a "thank you for supporting this mess) they'll win a lot of goodwill with the fanbase and mostly make up for the fact that the game was a fiasco. Sure, none of that will fix the godawful writing, but it's not like Bioware fans aren't used to godawful writing.

On the other hand, putting the franchise on hiatus sends the worst signal possible. It's like they're saying that not just the game was a disappointment, but that the franchise as a whole has failed. It also sends aclear message that they don't give a shit about the people who bought a broken game.

I'm a piratefag so I don't really care either way, but I still hope they fix the game, because with a bit of bugfixing and rebalancing (seriously why do all weapons do so little damage? It shouldn't take six sniper headshots to drop a guy even with shields) it could have been, gameplay-wise at least, the best ME game yet.
>>
I really don't get it. ME:A is truly a 7.5/10. It's a good game. Why wouldn't they make a sequel? This time with less bugs.
>>
>>376893010
>Why wouldn't they make a sequel?

they will the article is blowing it out of proportion. people are simply getting reassigned or their contract for the project ran out
>>
>>376893010
It's a 7/10 still.

Getting slightly better with each patch but DLC brings the number up not a patch
>>
File: 1491188596190.webm (384KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491188596190.webm
384KB, 640x360px
>>376892782
>Andromeda is much better than ME1
No it fucking isn't. The only thing that's better in Andromeda is the combat.
The writing is nothing but trite cliches that obviously came from the mind of someone who learned to write by watching CW shows.
The characters are bland and uninteresting and their dialogue is fucking asinine.
The villains never feel even remotely threatening and the scourge is fucking retarded.
>>
>>376891870
I'm expecting news about a HD remaster by E3 along with the first look on their Dvision/Destiny competitor
>>
>>376892984

>On the other hand, putting the franchise on hiatus sends the worst signal possible. It's like they're saying that not just the game was a disappointment, but that the franchise as a whole has failed.

I don't agree with this. It does show the brand is in a bit of an awkward position, taking a breather and examining the future of the franchise rather than going full steal ahead on DLC and a sequel is the best thing for Mass Effect right now.

It's a hugely popular franchise but it's also one that's highly susceptible to negativity since the decisions that were made in ME3 and the poor reception of Andromeda. Mass Effect won't die anytime soon but it will be in dire straits if they keep making huge missteps every single time a new game comes out, especially when Andromeda 2 would have such high focus on it because of the poor reception and relatively poor sales of 1.
>>
>>376893010
People exaggerated how "bad" the game is and the media went with it. The same publications that declared Inquisition worthy of GOTY panned Andromeda as a subpar game, when Inquisition is much much worse.

Seriously, Inquisition has the same terrible animations, uninteresting characters, worse plot, much much worse villain, boring gameplay with a personality disorder, and the game has so much padding that the layouts of the maps themselves are padding. "Oh that fetch quest you need to do is 1 minutes walk from here in a straight line? Nope here's this fucking hill that you can't climb even though it would be pretty easy to climb, take a 5 minute walk around it instead.
>>
You wanna save the franchise?

Make destroy canon and have us play a game set post reaper war around the time the main relay network for the council races is put back online.

Story revolves around the formation of a new galactic council and rediscovering/remapping the milky way in its current state. But omg guess what there are some reaper remnants still alive and theyve teamed up with the leviathans and its up to us to stop them before shit gets out of hand!
>>
>>376893308
>when Inquisition is much much worse.
It really isn't
>>
>>376892782
>I'd like to remind you that Andromeda is much better than ME1
If you're talking about the gunplay, I definitely agree.

But the story is far worse, the dialogues are far worse (and also the dialogue options) and the characters are just bad ripoffs/inversions of older ME characters.
>Ryder is Shepard except less professional and more childish.
>Cora is Kaidan except with a bit of Ashley's cuntiness mixed in.
>Liam is simply a more laid-back Jacob.
>Vetra is literally Garrus with a vagina, except she's a criminal instead of a cop.
>Peebee is Liara in every way except uglier and more childish.
>Drack is just Wrex with a dose of Zaeed.
>Jaal is pretty much Thane.
>the Tempest is a copy of the Normandy
>>
>>376893159
I'll give you the characters, but the plot itself is pretty much on the same page. I mean don't act like Sovereign was not a fucking cliche pulled in every Sci-fi work when they need to make an entity feel powerful. Andromeda's story wasn't trying to have the same scope or "epicness" the trilogy had, the Initiative wasn't created to destroy ancient evils, it was created to find a home and that's pretty much what the story is about.

Also, the characters themselves may be boring but many of them have the best loyalty missions in the franchise.
>>
>>376893545
>it was created to find a home and that's pretty much what the story is about.

not him but if anything they are all hipster faggots who thought the milky way was too mainstream
>>
>>376893010
>ME:A is truly a 7.5/10.
It would be a 7.5/10 if they fixed all the bugs, replaced the bogus animations and did some fine-tuning on the gameplay.

But that still wouldn't fix the fact that the story has more holes than Swiss cheese, or that literally every character has shit writing, or that all the exploration side-content is boring as all fuck.
>>
>>376893540
The characters are admittedly not great, but again there's more to these games than just the characters it's not a fucking VN.

Do you remember ME1 side quests? They all ended in you going into a nondescript facility which had the same architecture and layout as every other facility in the Galaxy and you fought dudes wearing exactly the same armor even though they were a different factions. You remember the worlds ME1? Big empty barren worlds where you would go in and scan the same monkeys that exist in every other fucking planet for some reason?

People have serious nostalgia for ME1, when it is objectively the worst in the series.
>>
File: (You).png (389KB, 756x678px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
389KB, 756x678px
>Old trilogy made clear you don't need actual helmets since the mass effect fields can work the same way
>But not in Andromeda because reasons
>>
File: jzc9UkS.gif (1MB, 1275x916px) Image search: [Google]
jzc9UkS.gif
1MB, 1275x916px
>>376892067
I did.
Loved the Trilogy even defended Mass Effect 3's ending but Andromeda being unfinished with shitty characters and writing in a new fucking galaxy where everything is the fucking same. The franchise died here's hoping their will be a new game that's a reboot
>>
>>376893719
Not as bad when it was published in 2007. It's all a relative measure to cohort.
>>
>>376892804

Nah DA is not dead. Rumor is that 4 is already in development for over a year. Still, the new IP will come out first. Looks like they will have some more time for the game than usual.
Also, as we know now, EA does not fuck around and doesn't make a secret out of killing something off. If anything happened to DA, we would have heard.
>>
>>376893719
>muh side quests
Andromeda's side quests are awful as well, so that's hardly an argument. And apart from the main story parts, everything is fucking bland and boring as well. You can thank the open world meme for that.

Meanwhile, Andromeda's main story is worse than ME1's main story in pretty much every single way.
>>
Damn, there's never been a better time to not give a solitary shit about the Mass Effect series.

As a Hitman fan, though, I'm worried.
>>
>>376893446
That sounds fucking terrible.
>>
>>376893925
>And apart from the main story parts,
idk I thought they were pretty bland.
>>
>>376891870
Next game will be a prequel set a decade or so before the first game.
>>
File: 1471016610146.jpg (56KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1471016610146.jpg
56KB, 282x341px
>>376893446
>not setting a game between Shepard's death and resurrection
>>
>>376893540
>Kallo isn't like Mordin or Joker
>Doesn't get much content aside from one argument with the ship Faggot.
>>
>>376893995
How will that even work though?
>>
>>376892067
As usual fpbp
>>
>>376893969
They mostly are, but not nearly as bland as the side quests or literally anything you can do on planets that aren't part of the main story.
>>
File: 1486454283166.jpg (124KB, 1544x890px) Image search: [Google]
1486454283166.jpg
124KB, 1544x890px
>>376892598
>>Have a New Alien Husbando in Andromeda
>Worth the purchase, desu.
People like this are the reason we get games like Andromeda
>>
>>376893925

>You can thank the open world meme for that.

It has to end. I think only GTA and Red Dead Redemption are the only games that haven't had me utterly bored by the open world bullshit by the end of it. I adore Witcher 3 but I thought it was amazing in spite of the open world, rather than because of it.

The tyranny must end.
>>
>>376893719
Worst in the Series is ME3
ME2 has some really fucking bland gameplay.
>>
>>376893995
They should do a game about the Human/Turian war.

This shit gets brought up in every Mass Effect game, but we still don't really know much about it.
>>
File: 1347339747673.jpg (285KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1347339747673.jpg
285KB, 1024x768px
>>376891870
>implying Bioware hasn't already been dumped into the EA corporate mass grave along side Maxis and Westwood

Oh my sweet summer child...
>>
this game was pushed out to keep the mp aspect of mass effect going so EA can keep milking it, they don't give two shits about the sp.
>>
>>376893540
>>Ryder is Shepard except less professional and more childish.
This would be fine if the character consistently acted like they were out of their depth, which makes sense in context.

>>376894095
>has the worst romance of any ME game

>>376894142
But the MP is objectively worse than ME3.
>>
>>376893925
Open world isn't the problem perse, if there's a series that suited for open world it's Mass Effect. The problem is that Bioware are absolutely the worst open world designers, they have no clue on how to make a game around an open world.
>>
>>376894095
Worth my purchase, to be exact.

And I forgot two more aliens besides the first one.
Plus a whole bunch of attractive alien guys.
>>
>>376894064
How wouldn't it? You could go in a bunch of different directions. Tap into that wide open potential that Mass Effect always had in the wake of the first game.

>>376894129
There isn't really anything to it, wasn't even really a war. Turians attacked human ships and occupied a small colony, humans took it back, council intervened before Turians could escalate it any farther.
>>
File: Kii faggot.png (171KB, 550x466px) Image search: [Google]
Kii faggot.png
171KB, 550x466px
>>376894262
>>
>>376894238
ME3 MP can eat my ass after the latest patch.

And who do you think I'm talking about when I say alien husbando?
>>
>>376891870
I've started playing it with the latest patch and am kinda enjoying it. Although I've only reached Eos and just met PeePeePooPoo, so there's plenty of time for things to get boring just like Cisquisition.

The character models actually look pretty good now that they've fixed the dead eyes and plastic hair though. Sara is kinda cute.
>>
>>376894127
They all had flaws.

>ME1
The worst gunplay, sidequests were mostly shit, exploring planets was awful.

>ME2
Dumbed down or outright removed a lot of things from ME1 instead of improving them, story is utterly pointless.

>ME3
Buggy as fuck, story goes full retard, worst DLC jewing.

>ME:A
Buggy as fuck, worst character writing, worst main story.
>>
>>376894383
I don't give a shit, the romance overall is objectively the worst its been.
>>
>>376894298
>10 years before Andromeda
Everyone in Cryosleep or some crazy milky way shit

>10 years after Reaper War
Maybe, but Bioware said that they were done with the Milky Way. I don't put it pass EA to go back on it, but idk.
>>
>>376894415
The part of the game in between finishing Eos and the finale of the game is the worst stretch.

Buckle up, because you're in for some extreme boredom.
>>
>>376893995
>>376894064
>>376894298
>>376894495
The best spot for a game back in the Milk Way would be the two years between the death and resurrection of Shepard.
>>
>>376894415
If you are enjoying it now I can tell you it will definitely get better. Much like Inquisition the game starts off super slow, Andromeda in particular doesnt really pick up until Kadara port. Or at least that was the point where I went from "this is mildly entertaining" to "I actually want to know what happens next"
>>
>>376894657
>Kadara port
Kadara Port is probably the highlight of the entire game
>>
File: screenshot.png (682KB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
682KB, 1920x1090px
You know what bothered me the most about Andromeda, apart from the bugs?

Almost none of the cutscenes have the characters' hands animated. Almost everyone looks like they have prosthetic hands made out of solid plastic. I know it's a minor thing, but once you start to notice it you can't fucking un-see it and it's in almost every cutscene.

And speaking of cutscenes, why was the sex scene with Cora by far the best-animated scene in the game? It's almost disturbing how much more effort they put into one short sex scene than into pretty much anything else in the game.
>>
The next game needs to be spinoff where you can choose your race and you play as a detective of sorts. It should be a sort of sci fi noir, with cyberpunkish aesthetics because you'll spend most of your time in the seedy underbelly of the Citadel and in Omega
>>
>>376894435
Yes. They all have different flaws.

3 7/10 games and a game that made everybody hate Bioware (rightfully so) makes for a 7/10 series.

>>376894492
None of the romancable options appealed to me. It was the non-romancable NPCs I preferred.

Bioware could never write romance well, the Garrus Romance was a fluke.
>>
>>376892782
that seems doubtful, since ME1 is the best Mass Effect game.

That being said, I don't really understand what's supposedly so bad about Andromeda, the game is pretty solid.
>>
>>376892804

>Bought Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe for 11€
>Already tired of it after one hour.

Why the fuck did I buy it ? I knew I was going to hate it. I fooled myself into buying it because I though DA2 was okay and had a fun last arc,
>>
>>376894881
Bioware has never been able to do hands.

>>376894907
The Garrus romance worked because he was already a character many people liked.
>>
I really haven't paid attention to ME:A
Does the gameplay save it, like it did for ME3, or did they ruin that as well?
And did they end up having a Reaper-like ancient evil?
>>376894981
You can ignore the open world and the story is alright imo
>>
>>376893792
>Loved the Trilogy even defended Mass Effect 3's ending
You deserve Andromeda.
>>
>>376892782

>Also I'd like to remind you that Andromeda is much better than ME1

Absolute bullshit. In all aspects other than the combat, ME1 is still the best out of the series. People rightfully shit all over Andromeda, but it's better than ME3, imo. Since they (somewhat) fixed the facial animations at least.

I like about it they tried to give a more 'explorative' vibe to the game, something lacking since ME1. It's just fucking retarded to only gave us one friendly alien race. Should have been at the very least three.
>>
>implying ME didn't die with 3
>>
>>376895027

I don't know man, everything seems to be happening out of nowhere.
>>
>>376895027
I don't like the three ability limit and the lack of ammunition powers. But the freedom of movement in combat is pretty cool.
>>
>>376895027
>Does the gameplay save it, like it did for ME3, or did they ruin that as well?
I'd say when I played it that the gameplay was pretty average, though the only enjoyment I got in the shooting was speccing to become a hind.
>And did they end up having a Reaper-like ancient evil?
To summarise the big bad:
>some race that converts other races based on the quality of their DNA
>>
>>376894881
You should be glad the hands remotely resemble those of a human being. BW is unable to do hands and always has been. It was the worst in DA2.
>>
>>376895147
>It's just fucking retarded to only gave us one friendly alien race
MEA is set in a single cluster, not a galaxy.
>>
>>376895027
I unironically love the jumpjet.
>>
>>376895027
Andromeda is pretty good, it's just buggy with cringey dialogue and animations, which is something only weird people care about.
>>
>>376894435
>exploring planets was awful.

How about fuck you?
>>
>>376895442
Its great but I can't be the only one that found it pretty useless since your shields drop if you get glanced at.
>>
>>376894881
because she's the main female side character
>>
>>376895027
The gameplay is actually pretty good for a Mass Effect game. The combat feels more dynamic and the addition of the jump pack makes for some fun options. The exploration also gets much more of a focus with even some platforming elements to break up the monotone.

Unfortunately, the abilities feel more restricted since you can't use as many of them, and enemies tend to have too much hp after the beginning of the game, especially when adding shields and/or armor to the mix. Against low-level enemies combat feels pretty satisfying, especially when landing headshots with a powerful pistol or sniper rifle. But later on you get enemies that take 6 headshots to kill even with the most powerful rifle which ruins that feeling completely.

Also exploration is rather dull because, despite the fact that the increased mobility options make getting around more fun, there just isn't much interesting stuff to explore. Especially once you go outside the critical story path. Not to mention all the radioactive zones that kill you in seconds if you ever get out of your car, or all the blatant glowing walls that tell you RETURN TO MISSION ZONE if you ever try to explore anywhere Bioware doesn't want you to go.
>>
>>376895431

Not an excuse though. It's a game, not a reality simulator.
>>
>ME:A is about exploring and settling a new galaxy
>But your character is arrives too late so almost everything is already established
>The new aliens are just humanoids, they can't even make something new like Hanar
The sad thing is that you can make an amazing game with the premise of colonizing a new galaxy but when you don't care about making good games, that's what you get
>>
>>376893545
>I mean don't act like Sovereign was not a fucking cliche pulled in every Sci-fi work when they need to make an entity feel powerful
Sovereign was well executed even as a cliche. Nothing in Andromeda comes even close to your first conversation with him.
>>
>>376895456
It was a fun concept, but there was never anything interesting on any planet and most of them looked like they were made by letting a retarded child play with some basic terrain deformation tools.
>>
>>376893719
DESU for me, the games ARE about the characters. The gameplay was never all that fun or engaging up until maybe ME3 which had at least some few enjoyable combat scenes (Mainly because all skill based classes are just stupidly op due to nonexistant cooldowns). The gameplay has always been pretty bland.
>>
>>376895587
I put points in shields and damage resistance when dodging and never had a problem with it.

Though I'm only playing on Hardcore so maybe it was different for you
>>
>>376893783
>15 minutes long recording in the codex on why the guns have almost unlimited ammo
>pages and pages of sci-fi science
>explained everywhere why it's a good thing
>next game made limited ammo

I will be mad forever
>>
>>376895603
I play on the hardest difficulty, I still one-shot most enemies.
You just don't know how to min-max, casuals like you have no business criticizing RPGs.
>>
>>376891870
They have the Star Wars license again. They don't need their shitty off-brand scifi.
>>
>>376895603
I'd like to add that the exploration is also pretty unrewarding. I have played ME:A pretty far and this entire time I was waiting for a unique weapon or mod you can't craft yourself, but no, you get nothing like that.
>>
>>376895640
>go to a new galaxy fucking far away
>encounter new alien species
>characters mention how they evolved far away from the Milky Way so they're alien in every sense of the word
>they pretty much just look like humans in crusty armor
>their language gets 100% deciphered in like five seconds
>their tech is almost exactly the same as human tech and can immediately interface with human tech without issues

Fucking what.
>>
>>376895748
Maybe I'm just useless that good character building, but getting turbo-charge, aerial combat and a cyclone makes for some insane fun.
>>
>>376891870
It depends of how well Andromeda did it in the first place and how liked the setting and the plot is.
If Andromeda's setting, characters, overall plot are well received and the sales aren't so bad, it's possible a sequel.
If not, and in case they want to keep using the franchise, they will release another stand-alone sequel, like Mass Effect: Sirius or something like that.
If they don't want to continue, then it's gone for good.
>>
>>376895826
That's a blatant lie. The game doesn't even allow you to min-max to such an extent.

Post your character.
>>
>>376893719
>scan the same monkeys that exist in every other fucking planet for some reason?

That happened once, but OK.
>>
>>376895808
first game was an RPG, second game was a casual shooter.
>>
>>376895442
The jumpjet is probably the best addition to the gameplay in any ME game.
>>
>>376895907
there are plenty of youtube videos that explain how to maximize weapon damage.
>>
>>376895835
EA has the star wars brand

They wont give it to Bioware, nobody wants a TORtanic 2
>>
>>376896071
Maximizing damage still doesn't let you one-shot most enemies after like the first few hours of the game.

Post your character.
>>
>>376892857
I think it would actually be cool if what they did was make the first game, where you can choose to play renegade/paragon

And then there are two sequels developed at basically the same time, released within a year of each other. The first is a sequel to the paragon choice ending, the second is a sequel to the renegade choice ending. The games would be similar and share characters and a few areas/settings but because of your actions they would be a lot different.

In the fourth game it would begin differently based on the choices you made in the previous games but slowly guide you towards the same conclusion, with the ultimate effect of your choices being which characters are with you in the final ending
>>
>>376896170

>splitting paragon and renegade into two games

Are you a shill lad? That sounds awful, I don't want to live in a universe with Mass Effect Red and Blue.
>>
>>376896145
I use an isharay with bio converter + 4 kinetic coils, defender helmet, maverick skirmisher chest, kett legs and arms.
I have all passives from all trees maxed, as well as snipers, everything specced for weapon damage.
I use the fusion mod that gives you less health and more shields, and I regain my health by using tech abilities.
>>
>>376896506
What are the enemies you're one-shotting? Random wildlife with zero defenses?
>>
>>376896506
one of my tech abilities is the one that makes you invisible, which I think also enhances weapon damage while active.
My gear mods extend duration time.
>>
>>376896371
It's the only way you could have the choices in your first game be meaningful. It would be like the Witcher 2's choice but obviously bigger.

The choice you make like halfway into the game will give you completely different areas/characters depending on what you choose.

There's no way you could feasibly make a game good within a reasonable budget while having the entire thing be a double game, so it would have to be split up. Financially it would be feasible if they worked on making both games at the same time while prioritizing one for earlier release. They'd be able to re-used the same game systems and engine and a lot of the assets, it'd be like a giant DLC the size of the entire game.

It's the only way you could have meaningful choices in a game and have sequels that respect those choices. Alternatively turn mass effect into a true detective style anthology series so that none of the games are connected. This would fit much better in a smaller scale lower budget game more about dealing with personal conflicts on stations and outposts than large scale threats like the reapers.
>>
>>376896592
machinegun and sniper ketts, remnant observers, etc.
Some super heavy enemies still need multiple hits.
>>
>>376891870
It's still 2017 no 8 bestselling game on amazon.
>>
>>376895852

Lazy and terrible writing. It's clear that anyone with any talent has jumped ship.
>>
Bioware have been making the same shitty broken game since KOTOR. I've no idea why journos decided to pan it this time but it's about time.
>>
>>376897082
>caring about writing
>in a videogame
get a book
>>
>>376897204

>you can't criticize it because it's a video game

Why can't I expect good writing in a video game?
>>
>>376891870
>So it's on Hiatus
cittion needed
>>
>>376897204
Mass effect is a game series that lives or dies on the quality of it's writing. You spend half the game talking to people, that's why the first game was massively popular despite having really shoddy combat.

Mass effect has never been about gameplay, the gameplay is nothing special, it's the player choice driven space opera shit that was unique and cool

if that's garbo no combat can save it
>>
>>376897336

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/11/mass-effect-franchise-on-hiatus-thanks-to-andromeda-claim-insiders-6630599/
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/mass-effect-is-on-hiatus-skyrim-is-not-the-best-rpg-and-the-rest-of-this-weeks-headlines
http://www.gamesradar.com/dammit-mass-effect-may-be-on-hiatus-and-square-enix-is-selling-hitmans-developer/

first three google results. use your brain moran
>>
>>376895640
The really sad part is that it would have been a perfect opportunity to have a game where consequences actually matter for the sequel.
Think about it; they're budding new colonists making critical decisions that could shape their new civilisations. All you need is a time skip for the sequel, and you could have colossal impacts based on your choices.

But naturally they couldn't even get the premise right
>>
>some employees get shifted to different studio, it's not even typical situation when half of the studio is fired after release
>/v/: Hurr, we did guys, Tortanic 2 lmao, take this libruls
>>
>>376898303
Nice bait here's a (you) make sure to exchange it for 4chan plus points
>>
>We will never play as an Alliance marine fighting in a war against Batarians.
>itl nver be the space vietnam war.
>>
>>376891870
it will be very hard to come back from andromeda
>>
>>376898497
Not any more difficult than from DA2
>>
>>376894141
>Oh my sweet summer child...
GB2R
>>
>>376893540
>Liam is simply a more laid-back Jacob.

That faggot was hailed as the greatest and funniest character ever.

>endangers Initiative
>throw a hissyfit when you confront him about it

Bioware can't write decent black characters, only shitty stereotypes.
>>
>>376898691
more like
Bioware can't write decent characters, only shitty stereotypes.
>>
>>376898586
DA2 was released back when the journalists were still on the payroll and other forms of media were nowhere near as prevalent.
It was a far worse game, but the shit it got was nothing compared to the level of ME:A
>>
>>376898818
Yeah, but at least some characters from OT were likeable. In Andromeda, every one of them was either a child, a copy or a hipster faggot. Dreck and Vetra were the only ones close to likeable, and they are carbon copys of Wrex and Garrus.
>>
>>376898837
>when the journalists were still on the payroll
They still are lol
>other forms of media were nowhere near as prevalent.
Yeah, the streamers who get $3000 gifts from mysterious strangers at day 1 so they would keep playing
>>
Quarian ark DLC when?
>>
>>376897393
no, mass effect is an RPG in space.
Only oeople that have never read a book could think the writing of a video game could ever be good.
>>
>>376897547
When your only "source" is Kotaku, you can take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>376898837
Game ' journalists ' are still handing out scores based on advertising money and whether or not they happen to be friends with the devs and thats not about to change any time soon
>>
>they tease quarian ark stuff in the ending
>game is recieved so poorly we'll never get space gypsies, sneks and jews in the reboot
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.