[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controllers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

Hi guys, I'm looking for a great, reliable, controller for PC gaming.

I'm not sure which to get. wired 360 controller? ps4 controller? xbox one controller? gamepad from a 3rd party? there's so many and I'm completely overwhelmed.

I definitely want something wired, I just don't want to deal with wireless problems. That's about all that I know.

Thank you.
>>
Xbone controller.
>Best compatibly
>Wired via micro usb
>Wireless via bluetooth
>Essentially an upgrade from 360 controller

Or you could go with a steam controller or something.
>>
>>376886358
>>376886624
xbone is goat
steam controller is a meme for any serious fps play because of the touch pads lack of aim control

at the moment I have a logitech F310
it cost me 20 bucks is wired and I've never had a problem
>>
xbone or ds4.
>>
I'd say PS3 or PS4 controller.

I got a DualShock 3, run it with SCP Server program on PC and I use a USB type 2 cable but that one you need to buy extra.
the controller is great and been using it for years for everything, retro and contemporary games.

the PS4 is good as well but there you have the problem of the stick material coming off so you need to buy stick protectors extra. besides, it's wireless and you don't want that anyway.
>>
xbone for highest compatibility with games
most games will assume that's what you're using and display buttons for it

ps4 controller is good if you prefer the shape

if you don't use controllers in general you might want to get a steam controller
the configuration is a fucking nightmare but the cold steel touchpads are probably going to feel better that jamming sticks into your thumbs for hours at a time
>>
Dualshock 3 or Wii U Pro for general use/3D games.

If you're gonna play strictly 2D games, or set up an emulation machine, get a Sega Saturn controller.
>>
>>376886624
>>376886985
>>376887021
>8th generation controllers
>ever

>>376887228
good post

normies fucking ousted
>>
>>376886624

>wired via micro usb

Wired as in that it works like the wired 360? Or it just starts charging?
>>
>>376888360
You can take a micro USB cable with no batteries in the controller and it'll work just like a regular wired controller.
>>
Thank you guys. I took all of your feedback and bought this controller.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Controller-Cable-for-Windows/dp/B01LPNKGGI/

Should work great for PC, I think.
>>
360 controllers are cheaper if you can still find them, but Xbone controller is increasingly becoming the standard in PC ports.
>>
>>376888432

Will it send data through the cable like the Wired 360 Controller? Or it just works as a battery replacement and you still need to connect it via bluetooth?
>>
>>376887021
>>376887228
>>376887514
>DS4
>good
No
>>
>>376888797
It works like a wired 360 controller, it sends data like he just said .................................
>>
>>376888432
>>376888797

I did not understand, sorry and thanks for the quick reply.
>>
File: 1488754111692.jpg (71KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1488754111692.jpg
71KB, 600x656px
>>376888960

And I quoted myself instead of you, goddamnit.
>>
I'd say Xbone controller, if you want wireless functionality, make sure it's one of the newer ones with Bluetooth support. All of them will work like a wired controller via micro USB though, so if you're only looking for wired play, any will do. Outside of that I'd say the DS4 isn't bad either if you prefer the PS-style controllers, but the Xbone controller is definitely superior in the PC realm IMO.
>>
>>376888242
>>376888902
>Another episode of /v/ goes autistic.
DS4 is pretty gud don't know what you're gonna nitpick about it.
>>
>>376886358
Xbox 360 or One controller, already simply due to the fact button prompts in most games use the xbox ones.
>>
Build quality of the DS4 is far better than the Xbone
>>
>>376886358
my fav controllers from what ive used (flaws):
snes (old)
gamecube (old, only 1 z button, dpad is meh)
wii u pro (no analog triggers)
xbone (meh dpad)
switch pro looks nice, havent tried one yet but it has all good things from what ive seen
>>
>>376889240
>DS4 is pretty gud
No
>>
>>376888902
It's infinitely better than any other DS. I actually like it, and this is coming from somebody that absolutely fucking hated all previous Sony controllers, and avoided the consoles because of this.
>>
>>376889407
>Xbone anything other than garbage tier
No
>>
>>376889240
i hate ps controller stick layout
touchpad is awkward to use
weird triggers
bad battery life
>>
>>376889472
8th generation consoles and controllers are made for normie scum

7th generation is the last TRUE gamer generation

also note: Xbone controller looks like a fat piece of shit
>>
>>376889407
>>376889487
It's also up to a person's preference. Three things you said are just preference. Battery is shit tho.
>>
>>376889457
>It's infinitely better than any other DS
lol no

>>376889472
The only thing worse than the DS4 is madcatz tier controllers.
>>
>>376889552
Sadly the 360 has a terrible d-pad

The sad answer is that there just isn't a good quality PC controller. No one makes quality controllers like they make mechanical keyboards. They're all junk meant to break in 6 months
>>
>>376889646
>The only thing worse than the DS4 is madcatz tier controllers.
Except it's repeatedly rated the best controller for PC by multiple publications
>>
>>376889619
>It's also up to a person's preference
It has objectively bad quality, only a die hard neo-sony apologist can 'prefer' the DS4 over any other DualShock
>>
>>376889692
>by multiple publications
The world is filled with retards, yes.

That proves nothing.
>>
Xbone for TPS
Steam controller for everything else
>>
>>376889702
I've never owned a Sony console and I've found the DS4 to be the superior choice for PC

Xbone has a terrible clicky D-pad and the general build quality is awful, it feels like some $5 knock off.

While I hate the lower battery life, just charge it at the end of the day and it'll be fine. It's worth the trade off for a better quality controller
>>
>>376889407
This.

The fatass rectangle in the middle killed it. The start/select buttons are too close to the d-pad and face buttons respectively.
>>
>>376886358
the 360 will just werk, but DS4 is best
>>
>>376889802
>I've found the DS4 to be the superior choice for PC
I own many Sony consoles including the PS4. I enjoy the console but wish I could use any other controller.

The DS4 has terrible quality and you have terrible taste.

>just charge it
You are the reason NeoSony fucks us over.
>>
>>376889897
>I own a PS4 and enjoy the console
>telling others they have terrible taste
Lol are you for real?
>>
>>376889867
>DS4 is best
This post was paid for by Sony.
>>
>>376889976
I don't give a fuck what you say, the controller is comfortable and the d-pad is a billion times better than the 360's.
>>
>>376889897
Sounds like your only complaint is the battery, but if it's that big of a deal to you, then there's really no arguing with you. It ultimately comes down to pros and cons. Battery life is a con but the built quality of the xbone controller is also a huge con to me. They're very poorly built. Just check the average review scores of both on amazon. DS4 is half a fucking star higher despite its shit battery
>>
>>376890015
>the controller is comfortable
If cheap, bad quality is comfortable for you.
>d-pad
I understand the need to play a billion fucking indie 2d platformers but just use your kb/m

>>376890041
>Sounds like your only complaint is the battery
And the build quality, it's honestly shocking.

I have no honest idea how any PC user could justify using Sony's worse controller ever made outside of the banana and defend it against actual Sony fans. It boggles my mind.
>>
>>376890162
>I have no honest idea how any PC user could justify using Sony's worse controller ever made outside of the banana and defend it against actual Sony fans. It boggles my mind.
It's built way better. It's not bias when I had both and settled on the better one. You must have got lucky with your bone controller because I went through 3 of them and they all had problems right out of the box
>>
>>376890162
>If cheap, bad quality is comfortable for you.
hold up, I thought we were comparing it to the 360 controller

the only build quality issue was with the rubber on some of the early models
>>
>>376890324
>It's built way better
Are you using a third party controller, because in my experience with a MGSV special edition, "classic" style controller and two others I own the quality is shit.
>>
>>376890420
It's the new model they started selling with the PS4pro

I think that's part of the problem that both the DS4 and Xbone both have 2 different models available now, and there isn't really a way of distinguishing them because everyone still calls them DS4 and Xbone

I'm way more particular than most, especially people who usually buy console controllers (I only use them for platformers pretty much), so you may not even realize the problems it has.

But for starters the DS4 lines up nicely. The upper and lower plastic shell is flush, the Xbone controllers I had the bottom and top shell didn't line up and the edge of the one sticking out was so sharp you could cut yourself on it. I would have sanded it down if I gave a shit, but it had plenty of other problems. Sticky and squeaky face buttons was common on all of them and they all make a very low pitch buzzing sound when on. Maybe most people can't hear it but since when do wireless controllers buzz?

I was also getting input glitches on one of them where the last input I pressed would freeze for a few seconds occasionally (like if I was going left it would just keep going like I was holding the button down, even though I wasn't). The battery cover is also total shit, hard to get off and it doesn't line up nicely. I can see that breaking in a few months

Last problem is the actuation point. You should be able to hold the face buttons down and the button stays activated even with varying degrees of force, but if you just let up a *tiny bit* the button goes off even though you still have the button pressed down, meaning they're using some kind of really shitty membrane.

It boggles the mind that some company hasn't made a premium controller with mechanical switches but ultimately these things are made for console peasants so you have to compromise. And that compromise was made by me for the DS4, because it had basically none of these problems and only has a shit battery life
>>
>>376890932
>to get the good controller (that should've been with the system since Day 1) you have to shell out $700 for a normie console
the state of retards with more money than sense
>>
>>376891279
I'm not saying you have to buy the ps4 pro to buy it, that's just when they started selling it
Like the new Xbone controller started being sold when the one S came out

Anyway I can honestly say I'm not happy with the DS4. It was simply the best option, and I've tried tons of them. I tried a Steelseries Stratum for fuck's sake thinking they at least make quality mice, but nope. It's garbage
>>
>>376886985
>serious fps play
>in a gamepad thread
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.