[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake Champions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Have you tried this game? What did you think of it? Is it anything like the original?
>>
I got several consecutive rail kills without missing and it didn't even tell me I was impressive.
>>
>>376886409
Is that supposed to happen or is your ego just huge
>>
>>376886623
Supposed to happen newfriend holy fuck

Never played Q3?
>>
>>376886409
Weird, man, i get impressive on almost every shot, even when it really isn't.
>>
>>376886903
I've never played any online games made before 2010. Up until then I was on consoles. I'd heard of Doom but had no idea what it actually was.

>inb4 underage
I was an extremely sheltered kid. I was never allowed to play GTA or anything with guns. There were a few exceptions but only cause they were cartoony.
>>
>>376886257
Feels very lacking. I realize it's a beta but there just isn't enough there to keep me interested. Weapons look and feel weak, most of the characters' abilities are boring or not very useful. A lot of missing features, game modes, and options.

I think a lot of people - myself included - just wanted q3a with better graphics. Maybe I'm just a burnt out old man who can't enjoy things anymore. I can't tell anymore. I might try it again at release to see if they've fixed any of the issues I brought up to them during closed beta. As it stands, I'm just not interested.
>>
>>376887702
Nobody believes me that UT4 is a better game even if it's on Alpha and unpolished
>>
>>376886623
It's supposed to happen. My ego is small and fragile because I'm generally really bad but I got a rail hot streak the other day and I was disappointed the game didn't acknowledge it.
>>
File: 1331341093174.jpg (64KB, 900x503px) Image search: [Google]
1331341093174.jpg
64KB, 900x503px
>>376887406
How sad.
Get yourself over to /vr/ stat and get in their retro FPS thread. They'll give you a nice dose of 90s violence.
>>
>>376886257
It doesn't work. I got into closed beta few weeks ago and it didn't work then and it's not working now.
Can't get into matches at all.
>>
File: 232131313.jpg (45KB, 453x402px) Image search: [Google]
232131313.jpg
45KB, 453x402px
>>376886257
Cant play.

My keyboard and mouse are not working ingame.

Mouse works in the main menu.

Fuck.
>>
I didn't like it, ended up playing Quake Live immediately afterwards.

It just feels unfun with the hero abilities, and the fact that you have to buy a hero or get him with your p2wbux is dumb because you're locked out of some good characters for a bit.

Reminded me of Blacklight:Retribution, which could have been a fun game if it wasn't p2w trash

Also who the hell was in charge of that godawful GUI? It screams free to play trashbin game.
>>
>>376887990
>UT4 is a better game
I don't need to believe you, I know that for a fact.
>>
There's a decent amount of weapon/class balancing and performance optimization that needs to be done before it can really cater to some of the pickier Q3/Q2/UT99 fans. The first couple matches were pretty fantastic but after a while the game flaws start becoming really noticeable and it just makes me wanna go back to UT99 or Q2.

Some of the easier stuff to notice are (also keep in mind it's also my shitty opinion):
>Lightning gun has too much damage output for how many places it spawns on maps
>Character abilities are overall well thought out but optimal ways to use them are never presented to the player making some of them -seem- shitty when they're just being used wrong
>Rocket launcher is pretty shit unless you're Ranger and close enough to give the guy an enema
>Zoom damage boost is retarded and will just have a ton of people making macros around them, not to mention how out of place it is in quake
>Netcode and hitboxes are overall pretty wonky, decent amount of warping too

My biggest issue with it is that the overall zero effort to really introduce arena fps newbies into how to play a quake game and it really shows with how some people play. Outside of the criticism I think it's an -alright- direction and there is a lot of room for growth. This game isn't really ready for prime time yet though and the new UT is a better game imho.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.