[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why don't we ever get another one of these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

File: wp4.jpg (414KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wp4.jpg
414KB, 1280x1024px
So why don't we ever get another one of these?
>>
PSO2 is so good and it's never coming west
>>
GOOD FUCKING QUESTION.

I'd cream my pants if they announced a switch rerelease of the GameCube version.
>>
>>376881531
Thank fuck for ephinea.
>>
>>376881531
>PSO2 is so good and it's never coming west
So? English patch has been out for years. Anyone who wants to play it can. The community's dying because better waifu creation/loot collecting sims like Black Desert Online have come out since.
>>
>>376881531
Pick whatever you like from the following:

PSP
PSP2
PSP2i
PS0
PSO2
>>
SEGA hates money is the only reason.

And no PSO2 is not good. SEA server is closing this month, didn't last very long it. The jap version has become gatcha hell and the story got compeletly destroyed in 4.0 with the "lol we're high schooolers playing pso2!"

PSU private server is also kill. Series is pretty much dead outside a small sect in jap land.
>>
File: pso_lan.jpg (438KB, 1544x1640px) Image search: [Google]
pso_lan.jpg
438KB, 1544x1640px
>>376881531
Had so many memories/good times with this game and friends back in the day on Gamecube. All those memories of playing 4 player split screen and running to the rare drops. Me and my buddies played 4 player split screen recently on OG Xbox at a monthly LAN I host and had a blast. This was just one station at the LAN. I often wonder how the fuck there isn't a game like PSO. I know Warframe is a little close but it is a pay to win plus the armors look retarded. I have often thought about creating my own game like PSO when I get the time to do it in the next year.
>>
File: 1422811144218.jpg (65KB, 297x300px) Image search: [Google]
1422811144218.jpg
65KB, 297x300px
>>376881531
Because PSO2 discovered that Korean cash shop kusoge is more profitable than an actual good game.
>>
>>376882471
>So good

If you mean replacing everything that really made PSO shine and shoving in a bunch of PSU into a PSO skin, sure.

And by that, I mean it's horrible.
>>
>>376883383
>psu private server is kill

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>376883383
>Sega hates money

More like, Sega is xenophobic in the first place, then we had a ton of hackers ruining our servers. Then because Sega of america, whom ONLY employs fuckwits who are only good for translations and public PR doesn't hire coders or anyone competent we never got reasonable patches, fixes for hacking, server care, and updated items.

So what does sega in all their glory do? Surely you think Sega of japan would fix it because sega of america is incompetent though right? WRONG.

Lets just close down the servers instead of taking into account that the game was extremely and easily exploitable, fuck doing real coding work and fixing problems. Throw a blanket on it and pretend nothing ever happened.

tl;dr we ruined phantasy star, or rather lazy hackers and script children did. And Sega did nothing to stop them and ignores the problems they're partially responsible for. I'm glad private servers took over because sega are RETARDED.
>>
What's happening with that pso2 private server run by that Mexican?
>>
>>376883556
Nothing happens. And that's the problem. Nothing happens. Ever. It's been a few years and they barely have anything working.

Star citizen will be out before the psu private server gets working.
>>
>>376881531
Most of the original sega devs have left ever since the sammy merger. Sega doesn't really have an internal dev studio anymore.
>>
>>376883789
That's really disappointing. I liked psu. Hell I'd probably still pay to play it if the official servers were up.
>>
>>376883383
Dynasty Warriors Online didn't last very long outside of Japan, either. Yet 11 years later, it's still alive in its homeland. If Sega's own games consistently flopping outside of Japan wasn't enough of a lesson, they also have Koei as another case study.

>lol we're high schooolers playing pso2!
Did you even play it?
>>
>>376883789
As someone who's followed that server since launch -- you're full of shit. They're making progress. It's slow, but it's progress. Remember that they're having to rebuild the online infrastructure from scratch. Also, the devs are actually pretty cool. I chat with them from time to time.
>>
>>376883987
>the devs are cool.

They shut the fucking server because of one troll. They're way too fucking sensitive.
>>
>>376883895
Don't listen to him anon. Pretty sure you could hop on and dick around the private server right now if you wanted to. It's not complete but it's playable.

Also, PSO2 is probably the most disappointing game I've ever played, and ever will play. I fucking loved PSO. I even fucking loved PSU, shitty launch and all (although by the time AotI came out, it was pretty fucking solid and most issues were fixed). PSO2 is such a fucking shitshow, it hurts to think about. I never thought I'd see the day someone made a more grindy MMO than your standard korean MMO.
>>
>>376884057
wut. That's not what I saw. Last I saw, they shut the servers because nobody could agree on what to make the rates, so they said "fuck it, we're closing doors until we get shit figured out". Which is fine, may as well wait until it's actually done.
>>
>>376883537
Don't try to shame PSU with the shit pile that is pso2
>>
I wish we just got another actual RPG like Phantasy Star IV.

After all that work they finally got up to making an incredible RPG instead of frustrating grinding one, and we never get it again.
>>
>>376883987
>It's slow, but it's progress.

Yes a snail's pace is progress. If you want to play the p-server by 2025 with only the base game and not the expansion then yeah sure that's progress.

You can chat with all the devs you want, tell them to fucking put some real work into the p-server and have it up and running already. It's not that hard, they are just lazy as shit.
>>
>>376884074
How is it any more grindy than PSO, not even to mention PSU? Private servers for PSO have to rehaul the entire game and introduce persistent multipliers to everything so you don't die of boredom running TTF in an irrelevant difficulty, after which you'll just do the same 1000 times as much in Ultimate. And then there's PSU's crafting, GAS and PAs that are somehow even more ridiculous.
>>
>>376883920
>http://phantasystar.wikia.com/wiki/Phantasy_Star_Online_2_The_Animation

did you miss the anime tie in that came out to promote the crap 4.0 storyline?
>>
>>376884535
I thought we were talking about the game here. This isn't /a/.
>>
>>376884481
>Grind missions to unlock missions
>Grind missions to grind missions to unlock mission
>Grind levels
>Grind levels to unlock classes, essentially grinding levels to grind levels again
>Grind Hunter because it's easily the best subclass, meaning if you don't plan on maining Hunter/Fighter, you're going to be grinding 3 fucking classes. What's that? You want to play a ranger? Have fun grinding Hunter to play Ranger! Have fun Grinding Hunter and Ranger to play Gunner!
>Grind money to grind. Grind items to grind. Grind scratch cards to grind. You literally have to grind to grind to grind to grind.

I dunno. You tell me. At least on PSU your level didn't reset to zero, and your PAs you could just level as you played anyways. PSO2 you had to start over from Lv1 all fucking over again and do the same boring shitty forest garbage you've already done six million fucking times because you have to run every mission multiple times to unlock another zone. I don't mind a little bit of grinding, since that's what the series is about, and it made it fun, but Jesus Christ PSO2 went fucking overboard. "Kill 30 boar" missions wasn't what PSO was missing.

I can't speak about GAS though, never experienced it, but you've probably got me on that one.
>>
>>376883346
PSP2i with it;s never ever fan translation coming out
>>
>>376885009
>he doesn't know about EQs and 75% exp boosts
>>
>>376885345
>Defending the garbage that is EQs and scratch card nonsense.
>>
>>376885009
>Grind missions to unlock missions
>Grind missions to grind missions to unlock mission
>Grind levels
So, like, play the game and progress through it?

>Grind levels to unlock classes, essentially grinding levels to grind levels again
Last I remember dealing with it, in 2012, you needed level 20 to unlock certain classes. That was 2 hours work in lower difficulties before the game became an exp pinata.

>Grind Hunter because it's easily the best subclass, meaning if you don't plan on maining Hunter/Fighter, you're going to be grinding 3 fucking classes. What's that? You want to play a ranger? Have fun grinding Hunter to play Ranger! Have fun Grinding Hunter and Ranger to play Gunner!
Okay, you lost me. You seem to want to play Gunner/Ranger, but somebody forces you at a gunpoint to grind Hunter, too?
>>
>>376885546
In order to proceed through Forest, I had to beat the painfully boring forest 1 mission to get to forest 2. Then I had to beat forest 2 to get to forest 3. then again for four. then again for five. These were all really fucking boring shitty short easy missions. Finally the game tells you, "Hey, your next mission is FREE forest! It's 3 blocks, longer, harder, and has a boss at the end! Want to play it?" Holy shit fuck yes I do! That sounds like classic PSO and like how it should be! "Cool! Just go beat Forest missions 1 through 5 again!"

Having to restart from level 1 is bullshit no matter how you put it. And now I'm stuck with those low level shitty forest missions AGAIN. Even if it's 2 hours, it's 2 hours doing busy work instead of having fun.

And yeah, considering that Hunter was by far and away the best subclass for pretty much everything in the game, you are forced to level it for the class you -actually- want to play, and that's fucking retarded.

While we're on the subject, ranged classes are my favourite and always have been. The fact that they made Gunner and Techer play more like Hunter than their Ranger and Force counterparts is a huge fuck you to the people who enjoy those class.

So yeah, fuck you. PSO2 fans are the fucking worst and shit up every PS/O/U thread they come into. Go back to your shitty korean cash shop grindfest you fucking faggot.

Fuck you. PSO2 fans are the absolute worst.
>>
File: 1457710793167.png (2MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
1457710793167.png
2MB, 1536x864px
>>376885009
>>376884481

What makes it so grindy is pretty much mid games is when the pay wall filter kicks in and even worse thanks ep4 and it's bullshit. Around level 55+ or about when you get to very hard in certain areas or super hard in general all your is obsolete, even with grind and affix. Around that time it gets to a point where of you don't got at least rank 10 stuff, then you will be at steep hill to make progress in higher content. Unlike at the start of your character where you could get access to stuff that would set you for that first 50 levels, you can only get 10+ stuff from players at their shop weapon/unit passes that you can only get by being a premium whore. The only way to get such gear with premium is to get rare drops, from grinding bosses, at levels where they are ready sneezing through the gear you got like it's nothing even you when there's no guarantee you get a good rare, the tables are such shit thanks to ep4 and the addition of summoner and there pet shit polluting the drop pool. Nothing affix the shit gear you have to be abit better really works because affixing isn't really reliable with sinking a shit ton of money and resources. PSO2 is like the best game until you get to that point, and then it becomes shit. And the icing on the cake is that, knowing all this bs, you'd still wouldn't mind paying for month or 2 of premium, but because it's not localized getting AC and premium way more than a hassle than anyone outside of Japan would like to deal with, that's what really makes you start to hate the game
>>
>>376881531
Tbh i'd fucking nut myself if they put PSO on phones or the 3DS or the Switch or anything like that

i played Phantasy Star Zero on the DS for around 300 fucking hours online, i crave those fucking red boxes man
>>
>>376886658
>The only way to get such gear with premium
*without

Auto correct causes more harm than help
>>
>>376886658
to be honest, installing the mobile game along with the app that translates it on either an android emulator or your android phone makes it super, super simple to actually buy AC for premium. I've done it exactly once.
>>
>>376882651
Would Sega be capable of not fucking it up?

Also would you accept hunters licence/subscription jewery?
>>
>>376886603
Techer plays like Force only nerfed, not Hunter, Also speaking of, if range classes are your shit then pso2 should be your shit, because melee has just been getting more and more irrelevant compared to the shit Forces can do, same with rangers too.
>>
>>376887105
Probably but the point is that mid game especially in ep4 is where Pso2 just turns to utter shit
>>
I would do anything to play psu again. Pso is nice, i played on ephinea when it was new, but ive just seen it all to many times at this point. Lost everything on xbox, gamecube, schthack. Its all so tiresome. Doesnt help that i think psu was much better anyway
>>
I just want the psp2i patch to come out.
>>
To the guy calling the clementine devs lazy, ill tell you whos lazy

The fucking idiots """working""" on the psp2i translation. All of psp2 is already translated, and someone made a guide to translate all of psp2i new stuff the year it came out, yet they cant get it done
>>
>>376881531
We did but they fucked up the robots.
Can't have a female one that doesn't look just like a human.
>>
>>376886658
You cannot buy 13* weapons and 12* units from player shops at all, they are entirely restricted for trade. They have to be earned from quests, either as drops or bought for currency items that you are guaranteed to get.

There's also crafting, which can turn nearly every weapon into an equivalent of 11* or 12* while you are still leveling up. Red weapons drop like candy in advance quest, and they are very strong when crafted.
>>
File: Phantasy_Star_Universe_box_US.jpg (27KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
Phantasy_Star_Universe_box_US.jpg
27KB, 256x324px
Do people hate PSU? i enjoyed it a lot (When i was like 12 before the servers shut down)
but i keep hearing stuff about PSO and nothing about psu
>>
>>376889476
Its just that normalfags and reddit only heard of pso, so thats what they gravitate to. PSU was better in everything except maybe aesthetics and music, all subjective shit
>>
>>376889624
I have a lot of fond memories playing the PSU demo with my friends a ton. going to hang out at the spa area after a boss fight.

Got my first nudes in my life literally for 300 meseta
>>
>>376889732
Oh, another demo shitter...
>>
>>376889769
I was anywhere between 12 and 14 you expect me to be able to pay for a game?

I played it a lot and enjoyed it, if me not being able to access as much content as you makes me a shitter so be it.
>>
>>376889874
I was 14 in 2007 when i got access to it. You know how your parents pay for things when youre a kid? Whats there to even talk about to someone who doesnt even know what a fucking protranser, anga jabroga, or shred the darkness with? 300m 4th floor nudes on the demo...great...everyone did that
>>
>>376889984
woah man you're so elite for getting your rich parents to pay for a game for u bro. so cool
>>
>>376885474
Just admit you don't know shit about PSO2. I didn't defend anything nor did I mention scratch cards. Your complaint was that it's too grindy and I was pointing out that grind is the absolute least of your worries if you have half a brain.
>>
File: IMG_3663.jpg (73KB, 654x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3663.jpg
73KB, 654x960px
>there are people in this thread right now who probably mained an RAcast
>>
>>376890221
If $10 a month made me rich then you must be a third world peasant
>>
>>376886603
So you quit because it's not exactly PSO then. Sounds like another mad nostalgiafag to me.
>>
>help out on server with Lee and few others
>scht hits the fan and gives the server over to some fuck who knows nothing and does nothing but barely keep the lights on
>server progress no longer important
>now it's just a shit show of who can throw in the most OC donot steel
Everyone should be ashamed. But it's a dead game. I pretty much gave up on it. Now PSOep3 on the other hand...
>>
File: logo.gif (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
logo.gif
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376883798
>Sega doesn't really have an internal dev studio anymore
? ? ?
>>
File: the hand signal.jpg (397KB, 956x720px) Image search: [Google]
the hand signal.jpg
397KB, 956x720px
>>376881531
Man PSO was such a perfect game for its time. I really don't like how PSO2 over complicated the formula.

The original four episodes had such a nice flow to it. Everything about its design encouraged cooperation you basically had to go out of your way to play solo (in which case you'd be playing offline anyways which by the way also included GOAT 4-player split screen coop). It was so easy to jump in with a group of players and make friends, and it's multi lingual chat system was revolutionary for the time. I remember making many friends from other countries I would play regularly with whenever I ended up playing late.

I don't know if it was just a product of its time, maybe Sega considers the original too basic to be released today but man I've never been to find an online game since that's scratched that itch. It's a real shame that the only way to relive an experience like PSO in its heyday would be to create a time machine.
>>
>>376891494
Its a game that created an entire genre and made hack and slash rpgs more accessible on consoles, as well as pushing online gaming on consoles

Everything in the game feels solid, the response when hitting things or being hit is sharp (as is the general sound design), the atmosphere is always moody, even in the bright areas like forest or seaside, and the general design of things like boxes, art, bosses, weapons, and environments are still great today
>>
>>376890914
Lee was shit and let's not forget the scams like mods selling hacked items and then banning said buyers.
>>
>>376891494
PSO2 was alright in its early stages. It kept some of the vibe of the original and introduced a few new elements but I hear its gone full retard especially with its 4.0 story.
>>
>>376893649
You'd hear the exact same things about it when it was in its early stages, too.
>>
>>376890502
>Having to restart from level 1 is bullshit no matter how you put it. And now I'm stuck with those low level shitty forest missions AGAIN. Even if it's 2 hours, it's 2 hours doing busy work instead of having fun.

But you can just clear any of those high EXP payout COs, switch to your lvl 1 class, and turn it in to instantly get to lvl 20-30.

And once you get said new class to a decently capable combat level you can just throw them into Bonus Quests for easy shittons of EXP. You can also easily get EXP boosters to nearly double that. A 75% EXP boost costs one Photon Sphere, which you can easily get by recycling a 10* weapon or 5 10* units, all of which drop like candy from EQs.

My personal complaint is that the game relies way too hard on EQs for everything.
>>
>>376891138
Phantasy star crew is actually literally a B-Team within sega. They were a newbie team who were making a side practice project during the development of the actual PSO2 but the actual PSO2 got scrapped because of the higher ups wanting to cut costs so they repurposed the practice side project and turned it into PSO2 and the B-Team got taken over by Sakai and the whole team named the Phantasy Star Crew. I am 100% dead serious about this, it was mentioned by Sakai in an interview.
>>
>>376889476
Played PSU on ps2 when it first came out and it was kinda trash.

Picked up Aoti on pc later and dumped hundreds of hours into it online, fuck it was a lot of fun. I just can't get into the psp games now though like I can just grind all day but without people around it just feel so empty.
>>
>>376895202
Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 are actually pretty solid and fun games to play alone. Portable 2 had great online so long as you avoided the hackers.

Shame 2i never got released in the west and the people translating it dropped the ball.
>>
>>376881531
I'd say that since Portable flopped so hard over here they decided not to even bother bringing PSO2 over.
>>
>>376894849
Was that in Sakai's blog, or in 4gamer, or where?

Either way, that's how PSO came to be as well.
>>
>>376895362
Will psp2i ever actually be done you think? can someone competent talk to the current developer? i doubt psu will ever be finished, so ppsspp and psp2i is the closest i will get to having psu back.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.