[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: LF9mhKc.jpg (1020KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
LF9mhKc.jpg
1020KB, 1916x1076px
Thoughts?
>>
We get what we deserve
>>
File: 1479308762703.png (904KB, 882x714px) Image search: [Google]
1479308762703.png
904KB, 882x714px
>FFXIV doesn't even make the list
JUST
>>
File: 1452317092328.jpg (27KB, 324x405px) Image search: [Google]
1452317092328.jpg
27KB, 324x405px
MOBAs are assraping the game industry and are responsible for the death of true MMOs.

When this ASSFAGGOT trend ends I will be celebrating
>>
DFO surely isn't that popular over here right?

Have they actually stated Western #s?
>>
I thought MMOs were different from just online multiplayer games. What about MOBAs necessitates the "Massively" part of the MMO moniker? You've got about as many concurrent players in one server as in a shooter, don't you?
>>
Still better than the most sales on PS4.
>>
>>376875201
Its been going over 10 years anon

These sacks of dogshit ruined everything sadly.
>>
>>376875718
>What about MOBAs necessitates the "Massively" part of the MMO moniker

Their shittiness
>>
>>376875101
It's not a free to play tho.
>>
>>376875201
>>376876496
The problem is that, the new players nowadays doesn't want to work on their character, doesn't to work at all actually.
That's why MOBA are so popular, you get max level quickly, pvp is quick and everything get delivered on a silver plat for you immediatly.
>>
they have severely underestimated dota 2s income there. they got over 70m from a single tourney's ingame items last year, and held 3 others.
>>
>>376876837
neither is WoW
>>
>>376875718

I always assumed that to be an MMO, it had to be a game that could facilitate multiple players interacting with each other, but they could also go off and do their own things. A match of CoD wouldn't be MMO because the match has a fixed goal for everyone in mind. WoW gets to be an MMO because there are multiple things to do in any given area.

More simply, though, it's probably just based on the number of players that are within a given "match." MMORPGs can have hundreds if not thousands of people in a single area, depending on server strength. MOBAs have a strict limit of around 10-12. Hardly seems like massive numbers.
>>
>>376874845
Lineage 1 is the best game on the list.
>>
>>376876994
They literally make them up. Valve is private and doesn't have to release figures.
>>
Blade and Soul, really?
>>
Anyone noticing how increasingly irrelevant the Western market is becoming? The more f2p and mobile trash dominate the market, the more buying power the chinks have.
>>
>>376874845
wtf is crossfire and dungeon fighter online? some weeb shit I have to imagine
>>
>>376874845
Lineage and DFO are the only good games on there
>>
File: 1365969612227.png (201KB, 574x535px) Image search: [Google]
1365969612227.png
201KB, 574x535px
MOBAs aren't MMOs. Hence the distinction and different fucking acronym.
>>
Do people still play LoL? Or is this dated from 5 years ago. I haven't heard about that shit game in years. Even with /vg/'s creation, we had people who would post LoL threads here or LoL news, but not anymore.
>>
>>376875101
how many times japan has to lose to understand that they are shit at anything?
>>
>>376881224
it says 2016 like 5 times on the picture, numbnuts
>>
>WoW is the only true MMO on this list
>MapleStory and Blade & Soul are MMOs kinda
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.