[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was better? I preferred nu Wolfenstein because I value stealth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1989.jpg (106KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1989.jpg
106KB, 750x400px
What was better? I preferred nu Wolfenstein because I value stealth
>>
File: Cbs_p9sUcAABAqs.png (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cbs_p9sUcAABAqs.png
2MB, 1600x1200px
I had more fun with Wolfenstein, but I preferred the more straightforward minimal plot fuck em up approach Doom had
>>
>>376865704
someone needs to add quake champions to this pic
>>
Just downloaded doom on the second mission. Should I give wolfinstein a try ? Is it as gory and brutal ?
>>
>>376865890
It's not over the top like Doom, there's some very very graphic torture scenes, stealth kills and even a concentration camp but nothing like where BJ rips a dudes face open or anything
You do see skull fragments lying on the ground after you blow somebody's head off I guess if that makes or breaks it for you
>>
I liked the Wolfenstein stealth, but I loved DOOM because of the Rip & Tear DoomGuy fun.
>>
>>376865437
I tried the Old Blood and got bored by the time I entered the nazi stronghold after the boat turret segment. The guns weren't satisfying and the enemies I dunno, they just weren't interesting to fight. It felt like I was playing one of those knock off FPS games like Timeshift. NuDOOM on the other hand was very satisfying once you got the shotgun. They really should have just started you with that and dropped the shitty pistol, its completely unnecessary.
>>
>>376865890
Yes but it provides with an option to do stealth kills and knife throws kinda like Far Cry. You're never chained to it though, so if you don't like stealth you can run-n-gun Blazko can dual-wield Snipers and Rocket Launchers for fucks sake.

Also the character skill development is way better in Wolfenstein than in DOOM. You get actual useful perks for each weapon and for your throwing knives etc. for meeting tasks in each level. It's way better than the constant weapon upgrades for the "mods" you never actually use, those dumb Praetor Tokens planted in the maps and the Argent Cells that spawn at random spots (and which you no longer need half way through the game because everything is filled up)

Oh yeah, and TNO tries to tell a story with a deep fiend but between fucking Polish girls in public and shooting futuristic robot Nazi dogs on the moon the serious approach is hilariously bad. All the dialogue is skippable though I believe, so there's that.
>>
>>376865437
Doom was more accessible and enjoyable, Wolfenstein was more complete and satisying.

D44M = nice greasy pizza after a long night of drinking
Wolfenstein = well cooked steak and potatoes
>>
I pretend to like bethesda games because I was never hugged as a child.
>>
>>376865437
I prefered Wolfenstein too, but mostly because Doom's level structure was really repetitive.
>>
>>376866549
the weird and inconsistent tone of Wolf is something I ended up liking more as I played through it again. It's like Danger 5 and /pol/'s wildest most outrageous dreams smashed together with this really deadpan attitude.
They literally throw you in the fucking ovens and you see two lounge chairs with cups sitting in front of it when you climb out
>>
File: true nazi scum.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
true nazi scum.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>376867470
ikr?
>>
>>376867470
The mech with the handy jew-burning oven built in really amazed me. I can't believe the game didn't result in major media OY VEY
>>
>>376866549
>>376866026

Awesome thanks.

Should I get The new order or the old blood ?
>>
>>376865437
I liked DOOM better just because I like the play style more.

But both were great games.
>>
>>376867879
Old Blood is very different from New order, bigger emphasis on stealth and much less guns

TNO is much more action packed, though not to the degree Doom 4 is
>>
File: Castle_Wolfenstein.jpg (458KB, 2000x1120px) Image search: [Google]
Castle_Wolfenstein.jpg
458KB, 2000x1120px
>>376867879
Old Blood is really really short and not really very satisfying if you ask me (except for actually seeing Castle Wolfenstein), both it and TNO are $20 so if I had to choose I'd go for TNO
>>
File: 2015-05-06_00002.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-05-06_00002.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>376867879
Both. TNO first.
>>
>>376868010
What's weird is that Old Blood is pretty much a remake of the first two chapters of RTCW, yet RTCW's events are mentioned in TNO.
>>
>>376865437
Doom but Wolfenstein was fun, look forward to seeing the dev's next game on id tech 6.
>>
>>376867879
TNO is much longer and more fun in my opinion.
Old Blood is just an independant expansion.
>>
File: pic-22491.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pic-22491.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>376868136
Yep I realized that after a bit, it's not so unusual but fuck me if Old Blood's version of the castle didn't beat the fuck out of RTCW's plain olde fortress inside and out
>>
>>376867879
I agree with >>376868010 this anon, TNO is much better than Old Blood overall given how similar they are in price.
>>
>>376868221
well as I recall in Return it was modeled off the real castle where Himmler did his occult practices.
>>
TNO it is.Thanks everyone

7 minutes till it's done DL so here it goes.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.