[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my life still sad enough that I can play persona 5? See I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

Is my life still sad enough that I can play persona 5?

See I really enjoyed persona 3, but when I played through persona 4 thinking I would love it all I found was the most cliche weeb shit created for losers who never had friends like myself.

Persona 4 literally triggered a mental breakdown in which I underwent some of the most introspective revelations I had ever gone in my 21 years of living. I realized that if I could willing put that unfunny romcom friendship simulator into my brain than my problems ran a lot deeper than I ever thought.

I started reading, lifting weights and seeing a therapist.

Well evidently it didn't do enough since I'm still playing Vidya and considering buying the 5th game.
So will it trigger this again or can I simply enjoy a jrpg game without feeling like it's trying desperately hard to simulate friends for me
>>
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>376861479
Never respond to my thread again nerd
>>
you are literally cancer
>>
>>376861627
Why are you angry weeb? Did you realize your games are nothing more than a simulation for the the life you never had?

Worse yet it's a simulation made for Japanese teenagers so you're one level behind when you play them
>>
I love grapefruits
>>
>>376861328
p4 is cringe trash. yeah
>>
File: 1338351792766.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1338351792766.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>>376861328
>Persona 4 literally triggered a mental breakdown

I don't think I'd admit that out loud mate.
>>
>>376863189
Ok but how is p5?
>>
>>376861328
It will definitely trigger it again. Its still the same game, just a different school and different characters
>>
>>376861328
>all I found was the most cliche weeb shit created for losers who never had friends like myself.
What's stopping you from enjoying weeb shit? Yeah it can be stupid, but learn to stop taking things so seriously and have fun.

You can be /fit/, successful, and still enjoy weeb shit.
>>
File: 1491967678403.gif (186KB, 511x394px) Image search: [Google]
1491967678403.gif
186KB, 511x394px
>>376861328
>the most cliche weeb shit created for losers who never had friends like myself.
Are you suggesting that this doesn't apply to P3 as well?
>>
>>376863824
Nothing wrong with weebshit like neptunia. When you try to simulate these friendships to make losers feel like they had relationships In their life you're actively contributing to the crumbling of society.

>>376863993
P3 felt like I was playing an anime, not a friend simulator.
The emphasis was always on our mission and and exploring Tarturus.

P4 just gave up everything for dumb anime fake friendship humor before it begrudgingly dragged you on a mission for 30 minutes before it stuck you back in rappidly pressing x to skip all the horrible dialogue
>>
>>376864342
P5 does have a stronger focus on the mission than anything else, enough so that people gave been complaining that there's not enough downtime for the group to just hang out with each other and have fun. The slice of life moments almost always turn towards the plot.
>>
Yosuke is such a little bitch
>>
>>376861328
I stopped playing p5 after i had a little bit of a breakdown mentally.
wouldnt recommend it
>>
>>376864548
That sounds better.
P3 had a good level of downtime.
The characters maybe besides junpei really felt like they were forced together with the MC due to circumstance rather than power of friendship. I mean it wasn't till about half way through the game you can consider yourself to have a positive relationship with Yukari. So when things like going to the beach came around it was interesting because you actually got to learn about the backstories of your companions and feel like you're making some sort of progress towards having a friendship with them.

In P4 everyone was insta friends everyone loved you. I mean a fucking idol decides to just come to your school and hop on your dick. Everyone insta wants to either fuck you or tell you you're the greatest person ever despite the fact you never open your mouth and your hair is a full grey
>>
>>376865420
Everyone in P5 has a good relationship, but they don't instantly love you, many of them are introduced as being huge assholes, but it's not like P3 where they're forced together.
>>
>>376861328
is this nigga for reals
>>
>>376861328
You know I can relate to everyone that said P4 made you feel sad that you never had such a nice group of friends but mental breakdown?

In P5 you are treated like shit at first so dunno if people in the past avoided you and called you names you might get another breakdown you fucking friendless pussy faggot.
>>
>>376865219
Explain these mental breakdowns I'm more curious about that than vidya
>>
>>376861328
you are just an edgelord
>>
>>376866598
They started before Joker got to Tokyo and Sae is investigating them. She suspects that the Phantom Thieves are behind them.
>>
>>376866882
hahaha holy shit kill yourself
>>
>>376861328

Investigation Team > Phantom Thieves confirmed
>>
>>376861328
>P4fags
>>
File: 1471529768025.jpg (71KB, 369x358px) Image search: [Google]
1471529768025.jpg
71KB, 369x358px
>>376867137
If you don't want the answer then don't ask the question.
>>
>>376861328

>having a "mental breakdown" and "seeing a therapist" over literally nothing

It sounds like your actual problem is chronic attention seeking behavior
>>
>>376867176
oh come on, OP is a faggot, but he has one good point.

The investigation team feel like a group thrown together by fate and instantly all love Yu. In contrast the phantom thieves feel like a genuine group of people drawn together by circumstance who forge friendships through their shared goals.

Phantom Thieves>S.E.E.S>Investigation Team
>>
>Its another P3fags shitting on P4 again thread
>>
File: 1488467881111.jpg (41KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1488467881111.jpg
41KB, 351x359px
>be social failure for years
>get alot of friends and turn my life around
>play P4 afterwards and like it for sole reason it's weebshit and how easygoing it seemed after depressive P3
>mfw people shit on it
I will never understand how people hate fun. Or it's my years of solitude warping my view.
>>
>>376867395
If you don't want to kill yourself stop being a bitch
>>
sick bait, but do you mind explaining how lifting weights made other people more fun to be around?
>>
>>376861328
It had the opposite effect for me.

I'm not a weeb, I wasn't the kid who watched Naruto or anything like that, but I've always liked anime and Japanese culture, I just kept it quiet.

I graduated college three days ago and it's been a fucking whirlwind. It's kind of overwhelming, so I traded in ghost recon dogshit for P5 and it felt oddly calming and nostalgic. Now I hate nostalgiafags just as much as anyone else, I just can't dent it was comforting to play something that reminded me of a time where I wasn't worrying about relocating for a job and leaving my family and shit like that.
>>
>>376861328
You need to be stabbed repeatedly you fucking waste of life.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.