[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the best TES game or expansion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

... and why is it Tribunal?

This is pretty much a perfect dungeon crawler.
All in the framework of the most excellent TES game ever.

>inb4 combat

If you had troubles hitting enemies by the time you arrived in Mournhold you were probably retarded and didn't know how the game works.
>>
>le sewers
>>
File: hail helseth.jpg (24KB, 295x381px)
hail helseth.jpg
24KB, 295x381px
Mournhould! City of light! City of Magic!
>>
>>376858935
That's the crazy thing though. This expansion is pretty much all sewers
>>
>>376858678
The sewers were awful and the clockwork city was a disappointment. Bloodmoon is better in almost every way even though it has nothing at all to do with Morrowind or the Dunmer.
>>
Strangely enough I have probably a hundred hours in Morrowind, and I've always had the expansions, but never gone to Mournehold or the werewolf place.

My experience with the expansion content is pretty much assassins trying to kill you in the beginning and selling their armor for a ton of gold.
>>
>Game: Objective
Personally, I like Morrowind most since it's the first one I played. Friend gave me the Game of the Year Edition way way back, saying he thought I might enjoy it more than he did. Boy did I ever enjoy it.

>Expansion: Shivering Isles
Oblivion wasn't that good, but holy fuck Shivering Isles was fun. It was like a fairy tale with humor and a little dark stuff. Sheogorath is my favorite Daedric Prince. A close contender would be Bloodmoon though; I loved how it felt.

I have the GotY Morrowind on my desk right now. Debating on playing it again or not.
>>
>>376858678

I would actually say this is the worst. Going through the ruins of Old Mournhold, time after time, is shockingly unpleasurable.

Also, I do like the look of the city, but walking around the city is surprisingly tedious with that bigass plaza.
>>
File: dreams.jpg (287KB, 1431x1074px)
dreams.jpg
287KB, 1431x1074px
>>376859310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5I9e_6X35w

Now you pretty much have to.
>>
>>376858678

Bloodmoon is the best but I still wish it had a better story setup. You learn of Solstheim through just asking for rumors. You go out of curiosity. And when you get there, everyone says "talk to this guard captain if you need anything". And the captain says "Hey if you want to help me out, do this". So the entire setup there is no real motivation at all other than "Well I'm bored, let's see what this is." At least in Tribunal, you are immediately pulled in by wanting to find out who sent the assassins after you.
>>
>>376859494
>Just inserted my disc
>CD drive whirring loud as fuck
>Smell something off
I ejected the disc as fast as I could. I think my CD drive is about dead now. Guess I'm not installing Morrowind today. Don't want this ancient as fuck CD drive from 2008 to blow up or burn on me.

>captcha: Close Calle
How accurate.
>>
>>376859661
Yeah, I really liked Bloodmoon but the lack of a proper start to the expansion has still always bugged me. It's like they couldn't even be bothered to create an excuse.
>>
How was Tribunal received when it first came out? I know Bloodmoon came out after but Tribunal barely even felt like an expansion.
>>
>>376858678
>>>inb4 combat

Tribunal was shit plot wise, quest wise, and level design wise. But especially plot wise.

Gedna Revel is my waifu
>>
>>376859310
came here to post this
>>
File: 1486254000459.png (139KB, 551x636px)
1486254000459.png
139KB, 551x636px
>>376860740
>Going into the Mournhould tombs as a high level character

I don't think they ever fixed Gedna
>>
>>376860740
This. The only good things from Tribunal were the two Dwemer swords (Trueflame and Hopesfire), Sotha Sil's city (as empty as it was), and some of the silly side quests. The main plot was ridiculously bad, Almalexia appears as a dumb bitch with her revenge plot, lacking any decent motivation for doing what she did, and just being an outright bitch.

Bloodmoon wasn't too much better in terms of level and story, but the general aesthetic of being in the cold north felt right. Hircine's hunt felt a bit lacking, but considering the game's age, you can't really fault it that much. Expansions are pretty much extended side quests, anyway.

Tribunal was pretty shit though.
>>
>>376860712
At least in my internet bubble it was known just as OK, not exactly great. People complained about the lack of content and the fact that all dungeons were practically just sewers or ruins in sewers, but any extra content for Morrowind was automatically seen as a nice thing to get.

Bloodmoon got much better reception back in the day, just as it deserved.
>>
>>376858678
Killing Helseth, Barenziah, and Anorexia was satisfying but Shivering Isles is the obvious answer.
>>
>>376860971
They didn't. I remember when I first faced her with a high level character and wondered if I were missing some important weakness or trick because the fight took forever.
>>
File: middle of nowhere.jpg (105KB, 499x751px)
middle of nowhere.jpg
105KB, 499x751px
>>376860993
>but the general aesthetic of being in the cold north felt right.

I liked that by the time you get to Solstiem on a high lvl character your topic list is blown up, and asking most NPC about 80% of them resulted in a "what the fuck are you talking about?" response. Really drove home the feeling about being in the boonies and also had a hint of bleakness since rumors would not travel there like they would in tamriel and you were essentially a literal who in a literal where all over again.
>>
the only thing i liked about tribunal was bringing the centurion throwing darts back to the mainland

they had a pretty high enchant value too, but since you were only enchanting one at a time it was pretty pointless unless you had an excess of souls (but who doesn't)
>>
Morrowind is my favourite game and I've played it for hundreds of hours and somehow I never got very far in either of the expansions. It's my secret shame.
>>
I feel like they could have made the entire Bloodmoon expansion about the East Empire Company.
>>
But Tribunal wasn't even the best expansion of that game.
>This is pretty much a perfect dungeon crawler.
But the dungeons were shit, the city was the only good part, Bloodmoon and Solstheim were better 2bh

Pic related is best TES expansion
>>
>muh Solstheim

Tribunal+Tamriel Rebuilt+Sotha Sil Expanded

Best combination
>>
>>376862845
>Tamriel Rebuilt

did they ever finish that? last time i played it there was a huge chunk missing
>>
>>376858678
why do morrowhiners interpret criticism's of morrowind's godawful combat system as not understanding it
>>
File: 1487456792647.png (271KB, 492x480px)
1487456792647.png
271KB, 492x480px
>>376861459
>Anorexia
>>376862456
Yeah. Dozens of playthroughs, but I've only done Tribunal a couple of times. Bloodmoon even less so.
>>
File: GreaterBonewalker.jpg (174KB, 1000x1000px)
GreaterBonewalker.jpg
174KB, 1000x1000px
Tribunal was great, but way too meager

Mournhold is easily my favorite city in any game, it just needed to be three times as big; half of what made Morrowind cities 'click' was all the houses and stores that just existed to be houses and stores. Meanwhile every single building in Mournhold was a quest objective or unique entity like the museum; it felt very 'gamey' where other cities felt immersive.

Gameplay-wise Tribunal really falls short of Bloodmoon
>>
File: tamriel rebuilt.jpg (395KB, 1280x720px)
tamriel rebuilt.jpg
395KB, 1280x720px
>>376862845
>>376863037

It'll be done just before the release of TES VIII: Akavir.

Play through it with your grandchildren.
>>
File: 1494636892829.png (95KB, 520x390px)
1494636892829.png
95KB, 520x390px
>>376859835
Dude, here.
inb4
>megalink

mega.nz/#F!XMtWSBTY!3psBczBW2PWwHFvCI8fctQ
>>
>>376863148
Because people aren't comparing Morrowind's combat to RPGs with good combat like Risen, Dark Messiah or Pirates of the Caribbean, they're comparing it to Oblivion and Skyrim whose combat systems are literally the exact same thing as Morrowind's with the sole cosmetic difference of missing being removed and having damage adjusted around every hit hitting.
>>
>>376863582
>TES VIII: Akavir

Tsaesci snakefus, futuristic VR, full mod support? Yes please! Let's hope I can access loverslab from the old folk's home.
>>
>>376858678
No one likes sewer levels in rpgs
>>
File: 1492133454225.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
1492133454225.gif
726KB, 446x251px
because the entire argument against Morrowinds combat boils down to the lack of dodge/miss animations.

You "people" act like the enemy going thru 70+ Dragonquest style dodge animations in timeframe of 1 minute of clicking attack would somehow be better than just playing the miss sound effect.
>>
>>376863582
>>376863986
If Bethesda averages a new Elder Scrolls game every 5-6 years, wouldn't this be out by the late 2020's? Most of us would only be in our late 30's early 40's by then.
>>
>>376864253
did you just assume my age?
>>
>>376863804
>whose combat systems are literally the exact same thing as Morrowind's
except active blocking and powerstrikes
>>
>>376864347
I doubt anyone under the age of 20 is a fan of Morrowind.
>>
>>376863582
So all of that land in the game is filled with unique npcs, towns, factions and quests?
>>
File: mournhould.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px)
mournhould.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>376865274
Only the top right Telvanni territory is fully fleshed out. Mournhould is an amazing town, but it is just empty at the moment.
>>
>>376865274
>So all of that land in the game is filled with unique npcs, towns, factions and quests?

The upper right side of the mainland surrounding the island is the most complete part of Tamriel rebuilt, but even thats still unfinished. It does have towns, interiors, Guild quests, misc quest and even a few artifacts. Left side of the mainland has a few towns with place holder npc, but most towns are ghost towns and there are no interiors at all.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.