[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alan Wake is getting pulled. Buy it now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Alan-Wake[1].jpg (103KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Alan-Wake[1].jpg
103KB, 1920x1200px
The Alan Wake franchise is being pulled from the steam store: you won't be able to purchase it anywhere as the people who digitally distribute it lost the music right(?) or something.

It's going on sale on steam for 90% off.

I love this game /v/ and want as many people to experience it as possible- it was so fucking good.

Go buy it.
It's like 3 fucking dollars.
13 if you get the "cah-razy" Arizona time-traveling dlc.
>>
>>376856039
>I love this game /v/
Why?

Sell me on it. I heard its getting pulled - but im in a rough spot financially atm, I considered it - but given my backlog. Decided against it.

Convince me?
>>
>>376856214
Not OP but it's over if the few horror games I actually remember fondly.
That's about all I can say for it. It was well worth the original price, so it's probably a steal if it's cheap
>>
>>376856039
Actually the whole franchise is discounted, even though American Nightmare isn't getting pulled
>>
>>376856214
>Convince me?

If you like the twilight zone or the aesthetic of "small town paranormal mystery" than you'll like everything about Alan Wake.

It's just a really good, genuinely "atmospheric", paranormal mystery game that has a lot of polish and charm to it.
>>
FUCK YOU SHILL
>>
>>376856039
Couldn't they have just cut out the music tracks they lost the rights to, like Rockstar did with GTA San Andreas? (And hopefully not fuck up the game in a bunch of other ways, like Rockstar did with GTA San Andreas)
>>
>>376858681

Must have figured it wasn't worth the time or effort. Game probably doesn't sell much at all anymore.
>>
>>376856214
it's like Deadly Premonition but with worse story and better gameplay
>>
>>376856039
FUCK
>>
>>376860305
>posts le epic meme frog xD
>>
>>376856039
>The Alan Wake franchise is being pulled from the steam store
W h y
>>
The gameplay was such boring shit though. Shine flashlight at enemy until the shield breaks, then shoot it. Repeat at nauseum.
>>
>>376856039
Just release the fucking source code if you're not being allowed to monetize it. The fact that its just going to be made unobtainable except by pirating or if you already have it is so insane that words fail.
>>
I was enjoying it for a little bit. But I got a check point where I has several shadow dudes chasing me and I couldn't get to the dock where a generator was in time.

While I was fine with it up unto that point, trying to do that part several times really soured the game play for me and I haven't felt compelled to try since

Just thinking about it right now, shining a flashlight at enemies until you can shoot them is lame
>>
File: AN.jpg (109KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
AN.jpg
109KB, 1024x576px
Love American nightmare. The narrator and the comfy desert at night. What a shame it was made for Xbox arcade in the first place.
>>
>>376858084
>a lot of polish
What
Alan Wake doesn't have one tenth the care Uncharted does, and it looks worse too.
>>
>>376856039
I already have it (and love it), but are you sure it's getting pulled? Source?
It's Remedy's own IP, and they did promise an Alan Wake 2 eventually...
>>
File: 1453445136543.png (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453445136543.png
39KB, 300x300px
>>376856039
This is a dumb question but I'll be able to install it after it's pulled as long as I purchased it, right?
>>
>>376861632
u wot m8

I haven't played the latest Uncharted, but Uncharted 1-3 were complete trash compared to Alan Wake - Both visually and in terms of story and gameplay.
>>
>>376861690
yes
>>
>>376861690
yes
>>
>>376861690
Yep. I can still install WiC and Neverwinter nights 2 fine on steam, long after they got removed.
>>
>>376861632
are you retarded??
>>
>>376861989
Uncharted came out in 2007
>>
>>376860305
/v/ has been having cuh-ray-zee threads for so long
>>
>>376861597
Shame it only has 3 levels
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.