[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make best boy >is the useless party member of the game Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 532
Thread images: 89

File: maxresdefault.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>make best boy
>is the useless party member of the game

Why?
>>
>>376853806
Get gud
I pretty much replaced ryuji with him and kept him in the rest of the game
>>
Because he's not

He's the third most useful party member, meaning he should be on your party.
>>
>the useless party member
>not Morgana
>>
>useless

He's great for mob clears, just gets outshined by ryuji for boss fights
>>
>>376853975

>haru
>>
>useless

More like my main DSP together with MC.
Also free Sukukaja and bonus damage after baton pass.
>>
>>376853806
He covers ice weaknesses, and baton passing to him increases the power of his AOE physical move which clears most hoards of enemies

he isn't useless. outclassed maybe, but that doesn't matter. The MC can fill any role in the party anyways so I don't understand the point of this thread. Even in late game he was good for spamming that Ma-Evasion/speed spell
>>
>>376853806
wot? yusuke is the second strongest physical damage dealer of your party

Honestly depending on the situation he can even out do ryuji.
>>
>>376853916

He doesn't get Charge, he is objectively inferior to Ryuji.
>>
Party member ranking based on usefulness

Goro > Ryuji > Haru > Yusuke > Ann > Mokoto > Morgana
>>
File: 1435342496788.png (895KB, 1025x715px) Image search: [Google]
1435342496788.png
895KB, 1025x715px
>>376853806
Nah he's main lineup bby. His evasion is boosted so high he's untouchable
>>
>>376853806
He gets Heatwave first. Large damage against an entire enemy party is incredibly useful.
>>
>>376854237
switch yusuke and ann and I agree.

Ann is a fucking power house. Mokoto and Morgana are tied honestly.

They're not shit but all they're mostly good for is their heals and dispells.
>>
>>376853806
If you baton pass x2, his Rising Slash wrecks shit.
>>
>>376854041
She's a better physical attacker and crits for way more dmaage than Morgana
>>
>>376853806
Everyone in the party is useful. You're a failure not to be resourceful.
>>
File: this cat is BULLSHIT.jpg (85KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
this cat is BULLSHIT.jpg
85KB, 750x734px
>>376853806
you know who is a really useless party member?

Morgana. Fuck Morgana
>>
He has Sukukaja, which alone makes him superior to Ryuji who miss more than hits.
>>
>>376854187
Who cares when the games not even that hard
>>
File: 052.png (118KB, 265x258px) Image search: [Google]
052.png
118KB, 265x258px
>>376853975
Morgana covers win weakneses, has miracle punch which gives yu an extra turn to baton pass to anyone, and has great healing spells. And also a high magic stat, even if outclassed by Ann anyone with a brain can find use for any party memeber even if they are not objectively the best. Also Morgana's awakened Persona looks pretty cool, if anything's a flaw, is how bad Zoro looks.

>>376854041
The hell are you on, Haru is one of the best party members because she can cover gun skills without using any bullets, also covers the psychic attribute attacks AND carries status ailments moves but if you're one of those people who sees that as useless, she also carries Heat Riser.
>>
>Morgana
>useless

No wonder you fags have trouble with this game.
He can deal decent damage AND has mediahan.
>>
>>376854041
>Gets heat riser, amrita shower, triple down, one shot kill, snipe, cripple
>Useless
>>
>>376854187
He doesn't but pretty sure a baton pass amps the damage of his abilities to equal that of a charge.

Charge is 2.5x baton pass skills improve by 1.5x but they also get a damage boost on top of that which i believe stacks with mataru
>>
>>376854329
I'd argue Makoto is a better pick than Morg
>More rounded stats
>nuke doing more follow-up damage in more situations than wind
>better SP pool
>Better tankiness thanks to party def+ as well as psy being rarer than lighting damage
>Crazy good end-game equipment from persona itemization
>An ass that doesn't quit
>>
>>376854484
Oh Skull, you're pathetic.
>>
>>376854331
>baton pass x2

x2? Does baton pass increase damage even more per pass?
>>
My party was Ryuji, Makoto, and Yusuke. I never felt that one of them was dragging the team down on hard mode.

Git fucking good.
>>
>>376854639
Forgot about Miracle Punch with some Luck equipments grants you a free critical almost everytime.
>>
He's the second best dpt til ann gets concentrate and is still relevant for most of the game since without grinding ann gets concentrate right before the final boss, once you get hifumi to r10 you can switch him in battle for makoto/morgana for a heal and just run dpt til you're going low
>>
>>376854517

It's not whether or not the game is hard enough to warrant it, it's just a fact.
>>
>>376854698
Yeah, the message says attack is greatly improved.
>>
>>376854237
??

You have no idea how these games work. I hope it's your first cause that order is dreadful
>>
>>376853806
He's better than Ryuji.

Until he learns Charge that is.
>>
>>376854643
Nigga he gets god hand and charged with that on top of attack boost he's way better Yusuke

>baton passes

Yeah good luck with bosses where you're actually fighting someone that's some pose of challenge
>>
>>376854849
>Charge
>Miss

T-thanks Ryuji
>>
He's more useful than Ryuji against strong random encounters because all he needs is a baton pass to deal major damage. Ryuji on the other hand is a boss killer for his matarukaja and charge.
>>
>>376854329
You can get her ultimate equipment by level 51 abusing Velvet loli's max rank skill.

Salvation isn't as good as a skill as you think because, it's a huge SP drain and final boss has unique status effects. All bosses have a crit resistance so Miracle punch loses effectiveness during boss fights. Masukunda is inferior to Debilitate since most bosses are fought solo.

At least when Makoto has nothing to do on her turn she can raise the parties defense.
>>
>>376854849
Ryuji gets Swift Strike really early on, though, and that's one of the strongest moves in the game.
>>
>>376854920

>what is masukukaja
>>
>>376854920

>Sukunda/Debilitate on boss
>No more misses

ROCKET SCIENCE
>>
I don't get why Ryuji is considered so good.
Maybe it's because I played on Merciless but he missed 90% of his attacks. No jokes.
Changed him out as soon as Yusuke showed up.
Then I never used Ryuji again up till the final bosses for his Matarukaja.
>>
>>376854237
First of all you need to divide this between damage dealers and obvious support characters like Makoto and Morgana. Haru is a mixed bag since she has plenty of support and damage dealing options but doesn't really have the skill slots to be both at once without gimping either of her capabilities.
>>
Why do Emperors suffer from autism?
>>
>>376853806
Not useless for those who want to clean mobs fast during their first playthrough. Then again fusing good persona is better than leaving the work to your team mates.

>>376854237
It's like you only look at the Skillset list from wiki and read some comments in order to make this ranking.
>>
>>376855210
Maybe Swift Strike is early game Hassou Tobi.

But you are not going to let Yusuke down are you?
>>
>>376855421
Since when Akihiko and Kanji have autism?
>>
>>376855386
>missed 90% of his attacks

Can't buy this when you say Yusuke doesn't miss. No character has better accuracy than the other without buffs
>>
>>376855665
Since when did they not?
>>
>>376853806

>Masukukaja
>BP synergy
>Good stats overall

He doesn't nuke shit to death like Ryuji but he's still good.

Morgana is by far the worst by endgame
>>
>>376855665
>muh protein
>>
>>376855672
>No character has better accuracy than the other without buffs

Yeah man
It's not like each character has their own Personas with their own stats.
I don't even have to look to tell you that Ryuji's Persona has lower Agility than Yusuke's.
>>
>>376854679
Makoto's +10 everything gun is absurd, also salvation is a bit of an sp drain to be using it constantly as your party wide heal instead of mediarahan unless you're really fucked from both damage and status conditions, energy shower is pretty good since it cures the most crippling status conditions in the game. Psi damage is also rarer than elec damage so she'll be exploited less often.
>>
>>376853806
>that sword
>that pose
OH SHIT! IS THERE SOME SWEET ASS IAIDO IN THIS GAME!?
>>
>>376854701
Replace Yusuke with Haru, she might not have Sukukaja but she has that gunplay.
>>
>>376855210
Meanwhile Yusuke gets a single target tiny dick hassou tobi.
>>
>>376855742
>Akihiko lost sister
>gets stronk to protect close ones
>Kanji has hobbies that are considered feminine
>in result he is laughed at and has social anxiety
Nigger, getting fixated on something or being socially awkward isn't automatically autism.
>>
>>376854750
Doesn't make him useless if you can use him, as op was stating
>>
>>376854237
>Goro in first

Actual retard in this thread.
>>
>>376855878
Breh it's minimal, saying 90% is like acting as if Yusuke's stats are literally way higher than Ryuji's. Just buff accuracy and you should hit enemies. You legit gotta be bullshiting a party member can miss 9/10 of his attacks just on base level
>>
>>376855870
>>BP synergy
Which is useless in bosses.
>>
>>376855665
since persona q
>>
>>376854187
Who need ryuji having the main character with Yoshitsune?
>>
>>376854041
She is the most versatile and useful party member in the game. Sadly.
Because I fucking hate her personality and design.
>>
>>376856414
Is it even canon? Because I heard it pretty much destroys Akihiko and any redeeming values of Chie.
>>
>>376856437
That persona you can't get til last dungeon?
>>
>>376856479
It just shifts his training obsession to training+protein
>>
>>376856031
Yes, Yusuke uses that weapon type and assault rifles as his guns. His persona are Ishikawa Goemon and Susanoo and his element is ice.
>>
>>376856560
>Not maxing the twins confidant
>>
>>376855210
>swift strike
Why should I wait for Ryuji when I could get it from doing the Strength S.Link with Matador ?
Even then I still used Yusuke for his consistent damage dealing until Ryuji learned Charge.
>>
>>376854237
>Ann that low

Somebody didn't stack fire amp and fire boost.

Real list right here

Ryuji>Ann>Haru>Makoto=Morgana>Yusuke>Goro
>>
>>376856414
and Arena
>>
>>376856680

Regardless if you max Strength or not, you won't be able to get Yoshitsune because Futsunashi is only available on Magician rank 10, which happens on the last day.
>>
>>376856724
>wait.
You're not going to be getting your Strength confidant to max before level 32.
Unless you're playing on NG+, and at that point, why would you even give a shit?
>>
>>376856724
>>376857081
Also, I don't see what's wrong with having 2 people using one of the strongest skills in the game. I never really found Yusuke to get near the level of damage Ryuji could do unless it was off of a baton pass. Even then it's only a single enemy.
>>
>>376856641
I may just have to buy this game now. I haven't played persona since two though. What's the story this time, what do the phantom thieves do? Also how does the event timing thing work, you have to manage your time and can't roam freely? That really turned me off to it.
>>
>>376856724
MC Does everything better than a party member. There's no reason to choose Yusuke when he offers you nothing over Ryuji besides boosts after baton pass which is useless on bosses and rarely better than another weakness exploiting move + all out attack
>>
>>376854679
There is literally no reason to use Morgana over Makoto except for miracle punch to knock down enemies. Makoto is the tankiest party member with marakukaja and the second best mage. She loses out to Ann obviously since she doesn't get concentrate, but she still gets a severe spell. Mediarahan is all you need, salvation and samarecarn are a waste of sp in this game. Nuclear is the best offensive type and psychic is the least dangerous weakness. Compound that with her outrageously over powered final weapons and I'd go so far as to call her the best party member.
>>
>>376857081
I don't get your point. You need to fuse Matador in early rank Strength and getting Death arcana to Rank 7 allows me both Invigorate 3 and enough bonus to level Matador until he learns Swift Strike. Death is one of the easiest links you can level up in the beginning.

>>376857235
Ryuji has weak AGI/EVA stat so at the beginning his AoA moves miss more than hit. Late game he does shine.
Yusuke has high AGI/EVA stat and learns speed master quite early, making him dodging attacks and dealing damages more consistently.
I used both of them at the same time.
>>
>>376857443
Miracle punch to knock down enemies makes him more useful than Makoto who has to constantly blow sp to be useful. She's better spent in reserve using her SP pool to heal everyone
>>
>>376857408
Yusuke is better for taking care of midbosses and regular enemies. He also gets masukakaja which is always useful. Until Ryuji gets charge Yusuke is better than him
>>
File: 9eppw[1].jpg (34KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
9eppw[1].jpg
34KB, 620x620px
>>376857734
>Masukaja over Matarukaja
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 210x240px
It's summer vacation and this bisexual faggot keeps messaging me every day to hang with him.

I mean, I don't have anything against him personally but can't he just chill a bit? I just want to hang out with Makoto or play some videogames but he keeps wanting to make plans with me like I'm the only friend he has.

Like, I think your paintings are cool dude but can you chill a bit?
>>
>>376854041
>tetrakarn
>god tier crits
>gun is a get out of jail free card
>fast heal prevents your team from being chain CCd
Holy fuck how are you playing this game?
>>
>>376858051
Normies like you wouldn't understand.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 336x188px
The Yusuke shilling is unreal.

People wanna real make up shit that Ryuji misses most of his attacks.

Face it, Yusuke is only good for scrubs while Ryuji is better for real battles on bosses.
>>
>>376853806
Thanks is basically Chie done right.
>>
>>376853806
In a single target fight you might as well use him until Ryuji gets Charge.

Ann being so highly rated doesn't make sense to me since Haru or any other physical damage dealer is objectively better when no weaknesses are accounted for. Triple shot hits three times against the entire field and she gets both boosts for it along with Heat Riser. Ann was never the top damage out of my party even though I kept her in since her Strength debuff is very useful.
>>
>>376853806
He seriously has nothing over the other members by endgame
>Ann learns concentrate
>Ryuji gets charge
>Makoto can heal and deals okay damage
>Haru has heat riser and good gun abilities
>Morgana at least gets samarecarm and salvation
Why use him by endgame? Unless you just like him more than one of the others.
>>
>>376858393
Because late bosses do reflect physicals at certain points and she is the strongest magic attacker and only one with concentrate. Haru for me was to weak to tank attacks like Morg.
>>
Is p5 the easiest Persona yet? I think I used maybe 2 revival beads total and recarm zero times
I did play on normal though, I don't know how harder it is on higher difficulties but I can't imagine it's that different
>>
>>376858393
Nevermind about Ann, I forgot she gets concentrate late into the game. But up until then I think physical is the better route for damage.
>>
>>376858265
doing the 5 micro dmg hits can turn any battle in your favor especially when you have buffs up.

Yusuke is literally god tier team-mate in every sense.
>>
>>376858684
What about that one dungeon that forces you to use magic? Shit was the worst area for me
>>
>>376858627
>normal
>>
>>376858265
>Yusuke is only good for scrubs
That's what people in this thread are saying since OP states that he is useless. Learn2read.
>>
How do I make Makoto's ultimate weapons?
>>
>>376857236
>What's the story this time, what do the phantom thieves do?
Teenagers gain access to a metaverse through a navigation app distributed by Igor, in this metaverse worlds are created based on the perceptions and cognitive differences between individuals, particular people with extremely distorted views have Palaces in their worlds which are sustained by core treasures which usually something of great personal value related to how they ended up. Phantom thieves steal these treasures to remove the drive/desire from criminals that are usually ignored, protected or can't get something pinned on them to confess to their crimes.

Time management usually allows you to perform 2 activities per day during the daytime/afternoon or evening. These activities range from social stat raising ones (required to initiate/get past certain ranks of specific social links), hanging out with your social links, or dungeon diving. Social links in P5 give a lot of bonus abilities on top of providing more xp for when you fuse a persona of their arcana, for example when you go dungeon diving usually you're too tired to do anything in the evening but the Temperance rank 10 ability lets you call your teacher to give you a massage to perk you back up to do something besides going to bed.

There are a lot of plot days you can't do anything apart from watching cutscenes and sleeping so go in expecting to not be able to do whatever you want every day.
>>
>>376859019
Execute Michael
>>
>>376858837
Are you talking about the Space Station? Because that one area is such a grind with those fucking elephants that tank hits too hard for magic users and repel all physical to prevent any real damage making every encounter take a decade. The entire month of September sucked as well, and the only way they could make the boss an actual threat is by forcing that political marriage plot and have the characters constantly repeat the same soundbites on how horrible he is for running a company.
>>
File: 1494578212795.png (155KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
1494578212795.png
155KB, 400x431px
>>376854910
>he didn't do the Tower SLink
>>
>>376853806
I'd argue that's morgana.
With the lowest hp and defense of everyone he's by far the frailest character, the little bastard seems to get ko'd every third fight.
At a little over lv20 he;s not a full level behund everyone else since ko'd members don't get exp at the end of a fight (or less. either way) and of course even further behind MC.
He can't even serve as the heal slave when shit is one shotting him.

Mona isn't exactly on my good side anyway, cockblocking me at every single venue of what should be free time and making sure you know he thinks Ryuji is a useless piece of shit every twelve seconds.
>>
File: 1437009324492.png (157KB, 516x440px) Image search: [Google]
1437009324492.png
157KB, 516x440px
>debate is Yusuke v Ryuji for some reason
With how biased this game is towards phys skills I don't know why you'd not use both.
>>
>>376859205
If you've played other megaten games you'd have known Girimehkala is weak to Hama/Light. And even then he's susceptible to ailment.
>>
>>376857408
>rarely better than another weakness exploiting move + all out attack
Usually against the strong mob enemies like Anubis or anything else without a weakness, it's much better to baton pass to Yusuke for a rising slash than doing an AoA. I've tried both, baton pass boosted moves that gain additional power from baton pass really helps out.
>>
>>376859305
How can people hate Mona?
Hes my main healer.
>>
>>376859205
Just use Kouga faggot.
>>
>>376856337
so? just keep him for the dungeon and then switch him out during the boss
>>
File: P5-Goemon.png (909KB, 1193x1068px) Image search: [Google]
P5-Goemon.png
909KB, 1193x1068px
Goemon > some shitty guy accused of being a pirate
>>
>>376858308
Chie actually got god hand and charge in vanilla p4
>>
>>376854237
Ryuji and Ann are the best damage dealers.

Makoto is the best support.

Anyone else you don't really need.
>>
File: elefuck.jpg (715KB, 1744x2604px) Image search: [Google]
elefuck.jpg
715KB, 1744x2604px
>>376859205

Wait, let me deathbound your entire party real quick
>>
>>376858051
He wants you to feed him.
>>
>>376858265
>Ryuji is better for real battles on bosses.

yeah and he sucks against the common horde of enemies
Every time I try to baton pass him with Swift Strike, HE MISSES like 2 of the 3 enemies
>>
>>376859658
>Manlet relying on extreme elevator sandels so people think he's tall
>being better than a fucking captain on a boat
>>
>>376859205
>that tank hits too hard for magic users
Aren't those elephants also resistant to fire?
>>
>>376859658
Blackbeard looks way cooler than Goemon
Too bad Ryuji's ultimate Persona looks like shit

Susano > Donkey Kong
>>
>>376858051
You are his only friend though. No one talks to him at school
>>
>>376859019
michael for her 10+ everything gun
cybele for her high crit chance knife fists
>>
>>376859786
>Every time I try to baton pass him with Swift Strike, HE MISSES like 2 of the 3 enemies

Lies and more lies

For scrubs you should be washing them yourself and baiting all out attacks to onshot them.
>>
>>376859489
He's mine too! Except I use him to heal after fights because I don't need a dedicated healer during due to how the game works.
>>
File: 1476207182214.png (27KB, 201x202px) Image search: [Google]
1476207182214.png
27KB, 201x202px
>Not using both
>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who use a dedicated healer
>>
>>376859730
Ann helped out a lot with them thanks to her tarunda, really makes deathbound much easier to handle.
>>
>>376859949
Tha sounds expensive. I have all the moneymaking confidant abilities and I still only get abot 550k from a mementos run before I want to kill myself. Michael alone would probably run me 500k
>>
>>376859364
I have the feeling some of them don't play the game but just do the memeing for the sake of "having discussions". P5 is very lenient so your party setup is however you want, if you know how to fuse persona and utilize your team mates. I agree that phys skills in P5 are much better.
>>
>>376853806
He can get a total of +10 strength on ryuji (5 naturally, 5 from sword itemized from ame no uzume) which actually goes a long way towards making him compete with ryuji in terms of damage per round.
>>
>>376860223
Phys skills are better in all the games though. There's a reason they take your health.
>>
>>376860075
Yeah they're NG+ weapons practically like Yusuke's agi+10 Uriel gun and his high fear chance Yoshitsune sword.
>>
>>376860075
>build a sandman with a boost confuse skill
>take requests, let them stack until you have about 4-5 each run
>equip sandman and go solo
>spam confuse
>get several million, even more if you grind each request for a little while each

Money is of no importance to a trickster.
>>
>>376860397
Not in DDS and DeSu from what I remember. DeSu2 I can see it. And SMTIV is Dex.
>>
Yusuke was useful by the time you get him and majority of the game. He may not have charge but his high agility and baton passed rising slash wrecks shit.
>b-but ryuji has charge
Yeah. For like the last 5% of the game.

Even then it was good to have makoto yusuke and ryuji to cover the aoe buffs which leaves joker on debilitate duty on bosses
>>
He actually does pretty well with his multi-hits. When they give him charge in the director's cut, he'll be busted.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g2AQXcNtzuhdVlx77Y0V6O41uJyrNW2wpKPYlY-TFr8/edit#gid=0

Complete itemization list, what's better, an all stat+5 Betatron gun or a Magic+10 lucifer gun?
>>
>>376860527

DDS was the closest to a traditional rpg they ever went, so it makes sense magic would be better. Magic in DeSU was only good because they finally added magic that hits multiple times. Phys skills were still great in SMTIV, but some reason both phys and gun skills were based off of dex
>>
File: 1.jpg (21KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
21KB, 600x600px
>>376855321

> fuse Trumpeteer
> level 10 confidant but even with all that free exp still doesn't get debilitate
>>
A NIGGER IN A DRY LAND
>>
Why does the game give you the option to talk to demons that you already have in your compendium instead of just choosing "theres no need for that"?
>>
>>376860735
In case you want to chat?
>>
>>376860723
You do with the arcana boost from lvl 10 fool as well, but at that point you have better options to get debilitate
>>
>>376860676

+5. Physical skills are better for bosses
>>
>>376860723
>He didn't wait until fool got to rank 10 for MAX ARCANA BURST and fused him right before the final boss
>>376860851
Yeah but there's a certain allure to using both a Lucifer gun and a Satanael knife.
>>
>>376854639
nah makoto is a bigger support
she does more damage, gets mediarahan and her legendary weapon is better at critting. also she has more HP/SP
>>
File: 8KsVBYY.png (65KB, 206x240px) Image search: [Google]
8KsVBYY.png
65KB, 206x240px
>>376854041
this is bait, but haru wrecks house with critical gun skills. from my experience she's also right behind Ann in magic damage ouput as well. quit shitposting the fluff.
>>
>>376860908

Then do it. You have a problem if either gun makes or breaks it for you.
>>
>>376854187
the problem is Ryuji can't hit for shit. Whiffs too much to be of any use.
>>
>>376860676
Ryuji's itemized weapons are pretty shit.
>>
>>376860019
>dedicated healer
>not a dedicated baton passer
there were very few non-boss fights where you actually even need to use a heal during the fight - you can just use makoto's mediarama from the bench when you're done with the fight
>>
>Not having a party consisting only MC, Morgana, Yusuke and Ryuji

bros before hoes
>>
>>376861215

All of the itemized weapons that don't give stat bonuses (Joker's gun, Makoto's gun, Yusuke's gun and Haru's axe) are pretty shit.

Well, maybe Joker's resist curse knife and Morgana's +50 SP sword aren't necessarily shit but they're certainly nothing to write home about either.
>>
>>376857710
Morgana is fucking useless in boss battles with muh miracle punch
>>
>>376861767
Ryuji's club wouldn't be so bad if it was an auto-matarukaja instead of just an auto-tarukaja then again that's still redundant if you run any persona with auto matarukaja, auto masukukaja and auto marakukaja
>>
>>376857710
Actually Morgana is the better bench healer.
>>
>>376853806
>"best boy"
>he's 50% pretentious and 50% autism

But I'm sure you identify just fine with him faggot
>>
>>376861836
So sub him out then several times over the course of a playthrough

miracle punch is ridiculous for the other 1000+ battles you'll be in
>>
>Not using Makoto, Haru and Ryuji
Plebs
>>
Post your final boss party members.

Ryuji/Makoto/Morgana
>>
>>376861905

Also if it didn't look like a blinged out dumbbell, how do you mess up a design like the Jingu Bang? It's literally a red and gold stick.

Also

>mjolnir
>is a fucking spiked mace / morning star / whatever
>>
>>376859386
>if you've played the other games
Oh fuck you. I've played DDS SMT3-4 Persona 2-5. I didn't speedrun them all yesterday. I didn't like the dungeon means I'm a Persona 5 purist.

It wasn't hard if that's what you are trying to insinuate. I found him annoying because he was a SP vacuum if you didn't have hindsight to bring a persona just for him, not saying he's a broken part of the game. I just think that dungeon is shitty because they forgot to balance the damage types so they decided to frontload this dungeon with all the physical repel enemies and make 2-3 of your party members useless.

>>376859519
No shit
>>
File: lowkey response.jpg (466KB, 967x628px) Image search: [Google]
lowkey response.jpg
466KB, 967x628px
>>376861973
>pretentious
Either you have no idea what that word means or you misunderstand his character, which is exactly how outsiders in-game should see him.
I say Atlus has created a very good character.
>tfw picking "We have too many dudes..."
>>
>>376862138
I haven't made even half of them yet, which weapon models do some of the other itemized weapons have?
>>
File: 1494144436570.png (357KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494144436570.png
357KB, 417x405px
>>376861973
How the hell is Yusuke pretentious?
>>
I use Makoto, Ann and morgana. I don't even like morgana but he still seems more useful than haru and the other guys so that i don't have to bother healing
>>
>>376860397
Persona Q was the most hilariously imbalanced game towards physical in the series.

>28 SP for a fucking Maragi
>all physical skills cost a pittance of HP
>also physical skills can hit elemental weaknesses
>against bosses with no weaknesses the only way to get Boost is to crit them which gives you a no cost Charge or partywide crit chance buff

The only way to make magic worse would be to make Hama/Mudo as inaccurate as they normally are.
>>
File: avcw0cp1l9uy - Copy.jpg (245KB, 748x937px) Image search: [Google]
avcw0cp1l9uy - Copy.jpg
245KB, 748x937px
>>376859364
>bring Ryuji and Yusuke for damage
>whenever HP gets low, just have Morgana heal them

Its good shit. I mainly use MC turn to put debuffs out or squeeze some more damage or heals in if it is needed.
>>
File: 1493052101820.jpg (23KB, 246x275px) Image search: [Google]
1493052101820.jpg
23KB, 246x275px
>>376862398
>I use Makoto, Ann and morgana.
>Trying this hard to avoid any physical oriented party members

Why?
>>
>>376859205
>implying
Why not just hit their bless weakness and ask them for whatever? I literally didn't fight a single one of them.
>>
>>376859364
I swapped out Yusuke for Haru because her gun skills were better than his phys skills.
>>
>>376862582

who needs physical party members when you can Hassou their Tobis?
>>
>>376862762
That's NG+ only nigger.
>>
>>376862431
Yet at the same time nearly every enemy was weak to Hama or mudo and mamudoom was cheaper than agidyne. I don't know what they were thinking.
>>
>>376854484
IT'S ALMOST SCARY HOW GOOD I AM

WOAH LOOKING COOL JOKER

OH SKULL YOU'RE PATHETIC

ENEMY DOWN YOU'RE SO GORGEOUS PANTHER
>>
>>376862582
Because after dungeons full of Oni, shikiouji, ganeshas and surely Rangdhas soon I would rather not have a useless party member every other fight.
>>
>>376862910
All of those physical oriented party members also have magic to exploit weaknesses, what can Ann or Makoto do to anything that resists fire or nuke? Only Morgana has anything in that situation with his miracle punch.
>>
>>376862790

>Hassou Tobi
>NG+

???

u wot m8
>>
>>376853806
Going by how useful they are against the superbosses I'd rank them:

Support-Makoto=Goro>Haru=Ryuuji>Morgana> others

Offense-
Ann>Ryuuji>Haru=Makoto>Yusuke=Goro>Morgana
>>
>>376863032
Makoto has melees, ann can item vendor and is cute
>>
>>376862910
Oni, Shiki-ouji and Ganesha can be dealed with ailment and Rangda is notorious for phys repel but has an actual weakness to fucking zio. That's not really an excuse for not using a physical team.
>>
>>376863032
Ever tried pressing X
>>
>not running Makoto/Haru/filler
The first two are versatile and will handle everything you'll ever need. Last slot is really just up to your personal preference.
>>
>>376862790
You max out Morgana near the end of the game so you can get Yoshi by the time you hit mementos for the final time
>>
>>376863191
Anyone not using Haru, Ryuji and Makoto is objectively retarded.
>>
>>376863032
Makoto can Flash Bomb if you kept it.
>>
>Yusuke is useless
t.never used baton pass
>>
>>376863130
>>376863252
>medium damage single hit damage
Might as well defend
>>
File: 1494626228265.png (53KB, 145x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494626228265.png
53KB, 145x200px
>>376863080
You literally only get Yoshitsune on the last day of the game in time for the final dungeon and boss, you can't rely on something that's not available for 95% of the game unless you're talking about NG+

>>376863130
Makoto's melee dizzies enemies which is great if you have someone with a physical attack to take advantage of the technical damage like Yusuke, Ryuji or Haru, not Morgana limp dick miracle punch or Ann's standard whip

>>376863190
>Using weapons
That's only for extremely weak enemies or when you have something with a high chance of crit or status effect and are praying for that to work.
>>
>>376862110
Anne, Makoto, and swapped the last one between pretty much everyone.
I was underleveled on Hard so it was more a necessity thing than a preference.
>>
>>376863341
It medium aoe with chance of dizzy.
>>
File: 1493307510369.jpg (25KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
1493307510369.jpg
25KB, 329x329px
>>376853806
He's great during dungeon crawling but is outclassed by Ryuji against bosses.

>Good AoE Physical skills
>Gets a free charge from Baton Passing on a few of his moves, which is something that happens often

This game actually does a decent job of keeping Party members relevant at least in some way, Makoto and Ryuiji are basically autopicks for Boss Fights, though.
>>
>>376863417
Were you underleveled because you never did Mishima's confidant and had backup members earn xp, or just 1 or 2 levels behind the average because of Hard's .8 xp gain compared to normal?
>>
>>376863370
Flash bomb+Triple Down was great to deal with enemies quick as fuck
>>
>>376863237
>Haru
Then you must be one during the part where she hasn't joined your party yet.
>>
>>376863552
A little bit of both.
I also "stealthed" the last 2 areas of the game because of impatience.
So the party was in the 60-65 range when the (apparent) average level was about 80. It was fun.
>>
>>376860948
Actually with Charge from Futaba, Haru has higher damage potential than anyone. Ann is just straight trash.
>>
>>376863681
I wish flash bomb was a bit more reliable with its dizzy, sometimes I just have makoto do her standard melee attack because of her high crit weapon over it. I'd be great if it got an upgrade to raise the chance from low to medium or high in Crimson.
>>
Yusuke is great until the last 2 dungeons since he doesn't get Charge or a Baton Power Up Colossal Damage Skill.

I'd say Makoto is worse or Morgana after Haru gets One-Shot Kill.
>>
>Useless party members
>When you can switch party members
>>
>>376862110
Ryuji, Makoto, Haru. I did Ryuji, Makoto and Ann against Shido and I probably should have done that again since Haru didn't do much of anything. I thought the Final Boss might try to throw Status at me, he does, but Haru can't heal it anyways so I should have just had Ann so she could spam Concenrate+Severe Fire Skill.
>>
>>376863731
That raised average might be because of people doing the reaper exploit during flu season.
>>376863770
Makes sense considering Haru has 2 passives that boost her gun damage while there really isn't any phys damage equivalent passives.
>>
>>376863770
>Actually with Charge from Futaba
The thing is though, that's the only way she can get a Concetrate Boost. Ann can just do it herself without relying on RNG. I had Futaba's skill activate twice on the Final Boss and I got SP recovery both times. Haru is good against Trash Mobs.
>>
>>376863770

To be fair, getting charge from Futaba isn't exactly a reliable thing.
>>
File: IMG_1159.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1159.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>he doesn't rotate his party members frequently to make sure everyone gets a go
>>
>>376864051
i did this but ann never got any use except against the last boss
>>
>>376863956
>Makes sense considering Haru has 2 passives that boost her gun damage while there really isn't any phys damage equivalent passives.
And that's also Joker with access to both charge and those passives can shit out obscene gun damage.
>>
File: 1494683386850.jpg (138KB, 599x865px) Image search: [Google]
1494683386850.jpg
138KB, 599x865px
>>376864051
I rotated everyone except for Haru because there is no situation where she was bad.

Because she's my wife and literally perfect.
>>
>>376854517
Pretty important if you're doing a first playthrough maniac run.
>>
>>376863731
The average is 80 because people were using the Reaper to grind, I'm sure you were right in line with the average level any other time you checked it, but as soon as you got to like Okumura's Palace you started to fall further behind. In that one you can apparently use the Black Sludge enemies to grind and then on Flu Days you can grind with The Reaper because he can be inflicted with despair too for some reason. I only did him once so I could the trophy and I finished level 75(this was on Normal, though. I regret not picking Hard.).
>>
>>376864116
>i did this but ann never got any use except against the last boss

Mostly because there was jack shit weak to fire throughout the game. That has to be the rarest weakness for enemies.
>>
So does Morgana watch you fuck ann when you bring her to your room?
>>
>>376864015
That also costs a ton of SP, while Ann is probably better than Haru against Yaldabaoth I would say Haru is still better overall since she's a lot more versatile, can consistently press turns and still has high damage output.
>>
>>376854237
Unless you use Protag for support while the rest do damage which is a waste, Makoto is the best support character in the game.
>>
Anyone who doesn't make a party revolving around Criticals misses the fun of the this game.
The four Archangels were hilarious getting downed each turn by Morgana's Miracle Punch or Haru's One-shot kill
>>
>>376855210
Yeah swift strike is busted. 3-4 light attacks and you can fuse it in your 20s. Good job Atlus.
>>
>>376863093
What superbosses
>>
>>376856273
He has Debilitate which frees up the MC for Pure damage output on the superbosses.
>>
>>376864051
It's better to rotate party members because you can save SP with Futaba's healing skill
>>
File: 1494555181305.png (487KB, 641x761px) Image search: [Google]
1494555181305.png
487KB, 641x761px
>>376864386
>JOKER PASS ME THE BATON
>PERRRRSSOOOOONNNNAAAAA
>One Shot Kill
>Crit
It was at that moment I realized Noir was the best.
>>
>>376864452
The twins (why I ranked Ann higher than Ryuuji due to AoE damage) and the Reaper
>>
>useless

he was in my team pretty much all game, him and makoto.
>>
>>376854041
>like haru
>using shiki ouji all game
>tfw she's pretty much worthless to me besides the occasional amrita drop
>>
Every character is pretty viable except Morgana
>>
>>376854005
Would anyone like some doujins of yusuke and joker
>>
>>376864654
morgana only stops being good towards the end of the game when everything becomes crit immune.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Morgana_Angry.png (88KB, 349x440px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Morgana_Angry.png
88KB, 349x440px
>>376864654
>Free crits
>Salvation
>Third best AOA portrait
>IT'S ALMOST SCARY HOW GOOD I AM

>Not viable
>>
>>376854237
Goro if he was playable long enough to get his Debilitate Ryuji > Makoto > Ann > Haru > Yusuke > Morgana

>But muh miracle punch.
If something doesn't have a weakness and can't go down in a full ambush turn I can just use Tower's gun skill. Strictly bench warming heal slut between fights.
>>
>>376864654
Oh Skull, you're pathetic.
>>
>>376864771
>third best
What's the first two?
>>
File: P5_Morgana_character_artwork.png (139KB, 341x465px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Morgana_character_artwork.png
139KB, 341x465px
>>376853806
Your OP post text is correct, but you posted the wrong character.
>>
Actual master race tier list

Makoto >> Ruyji = Morgana > Haru > Yusuke >>> Ann
>>
File: Trumpeter_SMT.jpg (484KB, 1744x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Trumpeter_SMT.jpg
484KB, 1744x2480px
>>376864801
>Actually needing a party member for Debilitate
Lol
>>
>>376854187

Why do people say this shit? Ryuji doesn't get charge until the very end of the game.
>>
>>376864771
BONAFIDE MONDAFIDE
BONAFIDE MONAFIDE
BONAFIDE MONAFIDE

SASUGA JOKAH
SASUGA JOKAH
SASUGA JOKAH
>>
>>376864856
Goro and Joker, although Haru's is really good too.
>>
>>376864771
>Salvation
>Viable

Morgana belongs on the bench.
>>
File: why ho he ho.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
why ho he ho.gif
445KB, 250x188px
>>376853806
Wrong

>>376854091
This is correct!

Dont forget about his follow up attack that is an instant kill aka."Nothin persoanl kid" samurai slash move.

Yusuke is is really good with baton pass and his AOE moves as long as you fight an enemy that has a weakness.

My main team on my first playthrough was Yusuke,Ryuji,and Makoto and Joker that had all of the other elements that the other 3 party members don't have access to except for my boy BLACK FROST!
>>
>>376864768
>the end of the game when everything becomes crit immune.
The Four Archangels are not immune to Crits.
Mara is immune to Gun but not immune to Miracle Punch, so it's the only way to down him.
>>
File: 1493827251417.jpg (58KB, 575x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493827251417.jpg
58KB, 575x540px
>>376864876
Swap Morgana and Ann and it suddenly becomes 100% more accurate.
>>
>>376864985
I can respect this opinion, carry on
>>
>>376864771
>Free crits
Haru and MC can fill that niche easily while also using the superior crit skill.
>Salvation
Mediarahan is a lot more economic and can easily just use items whenever an ailment actually hits you.
>Third best AOA portrait
true
>>
>>376864993
No one forces you to learn Salvation
You can keep Mediarahan and letting Armita Shower to Haru and MC
>>
>>376864882
I didn't say I need it, but imagine not having to do it yourself and using that turn to charge up.
>>
>Useful
Ryuji
Ann
Makoto

>Outshined
Yusuke
Haru

>No purpose
Morgana

>Not a party member
Goro
>>
>>376865104
Why even need a healer period then? Just use items
>>
A team with Yusuke should have Morgana due to baton passing being a major factor in his dps toolkit. Haru would also be good due to having a high crit chance.

So basically
trash mob party: Morgana, Yusuke, Haru
boss killer party: Ryuji, Ann, Makoto
>>
>>376864882
You should cut him some slack for wanting to be overleveled in his 1st run. Maybe he just wanted to try Reaper flu to save time grinding or something.
Yeah nah as if waiting for that shithead to learn Debilitate is "fun".
>>
>>376864876
Ann gets concentrate and an aoe severe spell. She's the best damage dealer if she's weak at everything else.

Optimal party is Makoto/Ryuji/Ann occasionally switching in Haru for situations were karns are useful.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
>>376864985
I didn't like Joker's that much.
The one I liked the best was Yusuke's
>>
>>376862863
WOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKERWOAH LOOKING COOL JOKER
>>
File: elizabeth7.png (191KB, 512x1024px) Image search: [Google]
elizabeth7.png
191KB, 512x1024px
>>376865157
P E R F E C T
>>
File: 1492902431617.png (409KB, 966x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1492902431617.png
409KB, 966x1027px
>make best girl
>highest magic damage dealing party member
>>
>>376865094
crit is not a niche, when you're grinding for money or items or recruit you need crits for not blowing your SP
Also Miracle Punch not being powerful is great when you want to negociate without killing
>>
>>376865193
Being overleveled in your first run is useful if you want to fill out the compendium to have fun with 90+ level persona in NG+. I made the mistake of not fusing enough things in the end.
>>
File: come-on-now.jpg (245KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
come-on-now.jpg
245KB, 1024x768px
>>376865157
>>376865278
>Mage
>Useful in WORLD OF STRENGTH game
>>
I just ran Morgana Ryuji Yusuke for the entire fucking game. Joker was in charge of marakukaja and debilitate.
>>
File: 1493526065129.png (447KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1493526065129.png
447KB, 500x375px
>>376865378
You're goddamn right it's useful.
>>
>>376865204
>Using Ann
>When Physical is still broken beyond redemption
>>
>>376865378
Concentrate+Inferno with all her boosts is way stronger than anything Ryuji can do.
>>
>>376865378
Having Concentrate means she'll put out more damage than the crit focused two.
>>
File: evoker.gif (2MB, 360x260px) Image search: [Google]
evoker.gif
2MB, 360x260px
>>376865336
>my best persona is a lvl 75 Thanatos
Platinum is going to be tough
>>
>>376865306
Yes but MC can get Miracle Punch along with Apt Pupil which makes his significantly more effective, also better hit rate if you throw in speed master.
>>
>>376865447
>multistrikes you
Heh, nothing personnel
>>
File: Adieu!.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Adieu!.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>376865216
Yusuke's was good but Joker, Mona and Noir all have that S M U G factor and Goro's is just goofy. Yusuke is definitely better than Ann, Ryuji or Makoto's though.
>>
>>376865336
I'm actually reloading my save in Bonezone Shibuya and grinding the endgame demons. They give pretty good exp and money apparently, and that way I can fuse Yoshi for ng+.
>>
>>376865393
You should swap out Morgana for Makoto to not have to make Joker spend too many turns casting buffs and debuffs.
>>
>>376864985

Damn it, that works so much better with the original design.
>>
>>376859658
That looks so much better than that shitty, generic anime "cool" design that replaces it for ultimate.
>>
>>376854187
ryuji doesn't get charge until the last 1/4 of the game. Objectively, Yusuke is better for the early to mid game, even more so on sub-bosses cause of baton pass.
>>
>>376865336
Fusing is the "fun" part for me. I filled about 82% of the Compendium and started NG+ to finish the rest. Regularly fusing demon is how you should play Megaten games. That and beating Lawfags.
>>
>>376865378
The game really deliberately makes you need both magic and physical damage eventually though
>>
>>376865635
I like Goemon better, but Yusuke's Susano-o is by far the best one in the series
>>
File: 97cf1y1.jpg (490KB, 1594x896px) Image search: [Google]
97cf1y1.jpg
490KB, 1594x896px
>>376865635
All the ultimate's in this game were a fucking mistake, especially Futaba's which is just an outright travesty.
>>
On normal it doesn't seem to matter too much, I played Ryuji/Yusuke/Makoto and it worked fine for the most part

Also I got trumpeter and almost immediately made him immune to everything except gun skills, which pretty much trivialised the rest of the game
>>
>>376865447
>tfw no SMT: Dancing All Apocalypse with the DeSu protag on the center of the cover
>>
File: 1471370685677.gif (367KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1471370685677.gif
367KB, 500x281px
>>376865502
>Implying I don't have a Phys Resistance
>Implying you don't have Pierce
>Implying the only thing that matters is who goes first, me Holy Dancing you to death or you Multistriking.

>Implying that at the end of the day it isn't WORLD OF AGI
>>
>>376865767
Ryujis is great
>>
>>376865825
Or, you know, Repel Phys.
>>
>>376854005
This

Yusuke, Haru, and Makoto are the GOAT for mobs

Ryuji, Panther, and Makoto are great for bosses

Morgana is useless as fuck once Makoto starts learning healing skills.
>>
>>376865157

>Best Gun damage, second best Magic and/or perfect support options
>Outshined

Haru is Swiss Army Knife: The Character
>>
File: Artbook19.png (844KB, 1299x920px) Image search: [Google]
Artbook19.png
844KB, 1299x920px
>>376865635
Eh I like Susanoo's tattoos and metallic skirt with flame decorations.
>>
>>376865767
Susano and Mercurious look amazing though
And Makoto's stays the same except it transforms now
>>
>That last boss rush before the final boss
Fuck's sake, I've had to basically cheese past it all. Not to mention everything's outleveled me at this point. The last guy is tough as fuck.
>>
File: 1396042487576.jpg (29KB, 394x235px) Image search: [Google]
1396042487576.jpg
29KB, 394x235px
>>376865767

>Prometheus
>Not Yog-Sothoth
>>
File: 1478032855041.jpg (19KB, 425x352px) Image search: [Google]
1478032855041.jpg
19KB, 425x352px
>>376865502
>phys repel
>out dances you to death
Wish you could dance like yo daddy now, don't you?
>>
>>376865891
Doesn't Pierce go through Repel? I know it does in SMT 4A since I just played it.
>>
File: 1493830349156.png (1001KB, 961x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1493830349156.png
1001KB, 961x1241px
>>376865910
>second best magic
>perfect support
>>
>>376866052
Not in DeSu or 2. I remember because I ended up Kenshiroing a repel phys enemy and killing my entire party except myself.
>>
>>376865910
>Haru is Swiss Army Knife: The Character
Yeah but if you try to keep a little bit of everything on her she becomes useless, it's best to disregard some skills like her shields which can be replaced by items and just opt for more damage boosting passives.
>>
>>376866114
Yeah it's coming back to me. Weird how it's excluded.
>>
>>376865529
The last two enemies at the end give between 9k and 11k exp depending on which squad shows up, and fighting two of them is basically a guaranteed level up until level 77 or so, and even then you can still get levels within 3~4 fights.
>>
>>376866050
>>376865447

I only played DeSu2 and that game was heavily magic oriented, and I gave most of the gamebreaking physical skills to Daichi.
But is DeSu 1 good for a physical build?
>>
>>376866052
In literally every other game, it doesn't.
>>
>>376853806
> Is useful and superior physical dps compared to ryuji from the moment he's avaliable until the very final part of the game
> useless

He's vital in early mid to mid game when the bosses fight are the most challenging.
>>
>>376866052
>I know it does in SMT 4A

weird, in SMT4 Pierce goes through everything BUT Repel
>>
>>376866192
>But is DeSu 1 good for a physical build?
Only in Overclocked. If you are playing the original just go MAG.
>>
>>376865984
>And Makoto's stays the same except it transforms now
WHY DOES IT EVEN CHANGE ITS NAME? STOP BULLSHITTING ME MAKOTO, YOU'RE LYING ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER PROGRESS! THAT'S STILL JOHANNA
>>
>>376866192
>I only played DeSu2 and that game was heavily magic oriented
DeSu 1 is even more magical oriented the DS version even more so.
>>
>>376866241
But bosses, or anything for that matter, aren't challenging after Madarame.
>>
>>376866052
Nope, SMT 4A is the only game where pierce ignores repel. Incidentally, SMT 4 and 4A are the only games where repelled attacks pierce all resistance types.
>>
>>376866192
Only if you play the 3ds version due to added skills.
>>
>>376865767

Astarte grows on you after a while. Realizing the body is controlling a legion of minds makes it click.

>>376866052

It does. I think Drain is the one that ignores pierce, though that might only be in DeSu.

>>376866080

Damn it, I want to protect that smile.

>>376866192

Vanilla? No. Overclocked? Fuck yes. MC/Atsuro/Izuna basically becomes Doomguy if you give them Pierce.
>>
>>376866150
I got rid of her psychic skills (besides one for knock downs) since Haru is completely inferior to Ann and Makoto as a mage, and her gun skills are way more useful.
>>
>>376866192
>heavily magic oriented
It was pretty balanced. Multistrike is basically a dance on every character and you can apply pierce to every character once you do ao's route. That said dances were still strong and Fumi had no problem with nuking shit from 5+ spaces away with holy dance and spirit/drain
>>
>>376866003
They're all tricksters and thieves, anon.
>>
Rising slash is the biggest meme of the game
>Baton passes Ryuji
>Swift strike
>Maybe use a tarukaja beforehand to add some flavour
>The enemy explodes
There you have it
>>
>>376866052
I think in Nocturne to get through repel phys you had to use freikugel which went through it because of it being Almighty but phys at the same time, but if you used Gaea rage on something with repel phys it gets bounced back even with pierce. But don't quote me on this because it's been years since I played it.
>>
File: 1494004428466.jpg (301KB, 1378x2039px) Image search: [Google]
1494004428466.jpg
301KB, 1378x2039px
>>376866320
Who doesn't want to protect it?
>>
File: 1493830082281.jpg (576KB, 961x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1493830082281.jpg
576KB, 961x1241px
>>376866320
You seem to be a nice guy.
Here have a not 5-head version
>>
>>376865157
Goro had the coolest design imo, and his weapons were the coolest too. I was p sad when I saw his lightsaber and realized he was only going to be in the game for one dungeon.
>>
Fusion calculator says I can make Cybele with Koh-i-noor and Sarasvati but the game wont let me help
I have Priestess maxed out
>>
File: 1470277930080.gif (2MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1470277930080.gif
2MB, 420x236px
>>376866412
That sounds right. Man it's been awhile.
>>
>>376866337
Haru definitely is a multi-task character done right. They tried to do something similar with Naoto in Persona 4 Golden by shoving every element type onto her but that was pointless since she didn't carry any amps nor boosts.
>>
When Futaba Charge/Concentrates you, do you get one of each or one shot?
>>
>>376866395

I'm just saying, you had all of those little Lovecraft nods, and then there's the can of worms theory speculating that Nyarly might be Futaba's dad, it feels wrong not to keep the theme.
>>
>>376862307
Yusuke's Senryou Yakusha is a smoking pipe with a katana in it
>>
>>376866192
In DeSu2 I abused Multi Strike and +Stone and Pierce of my party members while I was Holy Dancing. Shit was great.
>>
>>376866528
One of each.
>>
>>376866494
But he has the worst attack animation.
>>
>>376866509
do you have dlc personas, or have them disabled on the calculator?

I don't know if any of the dlc ones are priestess but they fuck with treasure demon fusion
>>
>>376866538
Oh I've seen that model for other weapons, not bad but not my favorite. Still better than the sword with the pink sheath that clashes with his costume colors.
>>
>>376865767
Necronomicron was one of my favorite Persona designs in the series, I almost considered not maxing out Futaba's social link once I saw how shitty her evolution was. That said I think most of the base designs are really good and Makoto's evolved Persona is great.
>>
>>376866614
I have no DLC, I'm just trying to fuse a regular Sarasvati with Koh-i-noor. It just gives me "IMPOSSIBLE"
>>
File: Yami.jpg (3MB, 3200x2314px) Image search: [Google]
Yami.jpg
3MB, 3200x2314px
>>376865767
The hell is this, the final boss from Okami?
>>
>>376866679
Makoto's evolved Persona is great, but still a downgrade from having a motorbike as a persona.
>>
File: P5_Goro's_Finishing_Touch.jpg (76KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
P5_Goro's_Finishing_Touch.jpg
76KB, 640x362px
>>376866573
But he has the best AOA, does anyone have a webm of his?
>>
>>376866526
Didn't they give Naoto amps for every element in Golden?
>>
>>376866756

Your Saravasti might be too overleveled or something, fusions between demon + Treasure Demon are dependent on the demon's level.
>>
>>376865910
How should I build Haru? what skills should i keep?
>>
>All these people talking shit about Punk Wukong
Faggots, all of you
>>
>>376866808
Thankfully it's still a motorbike. It transforms from it when she calls it in battle, but I do wish she could ride it.
>>
File: 20170427_002423.jpg (308KB, 750x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_002423.jpg
308KB, 750x1080px
>>376866509
Give it spell master, one of the best passive skills for high level spell spamming. Slap that on Alice as well
>>
He's ST, MA and AG as shit

What the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: 1493089541934.jpg (412KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493089541934.jpg
412KB, 1000x1000px
>>376866875
>One Shot Kill
>Cripple
>Armita Shower
>Heat Riser
Keep those for sure.
>>
>>376858736
When does that image instance happen?
>>
>>376866825
Something about that always said "trying to hard". Which fits, I guess, but I nobody likes a showboater.
>>
>>376866509
Edit the calculator with what DLC you have.
>>
>>376866849
Nope, all elements but no amps apart from hama and mudo boost which she already had in vanilla.
>>
>>376866904
If he started with Punk Wukong I wouldn't mind it. The fact that it replaces Captain Kidd though just made it really disappointing to me.
>>
File: Goro - All Out.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Goro - All Out.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>376866825
>>
>>376866992
>Yusuke
>MA
He doesn't even learn bufu boost
>>
>>376867017

Mishima rank 7 or 8
>>
>>376866808
I agree but I'm just glad it's not "shitty textured ball". Prometheus doesn't wven have anything to do with the Necronomicron. Should have been Nodens or something to fit with the trickster motif.
>>
>>376866875
Both gun passives, her two gun skills and amrita shower, others can be sacrificed if you want especially the shields which can be replaced if you buy them from takemi as consumable items.
>>
>there isn't a single stupid pervert character in P5's party
Yet another reason for P4 to be a forgotten pile of refuse.
>>
File: hqdefault-16.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-16.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>376867024
>nobody likes a showboater.
>>
File: Yuuki_Sad.png (93KB, 378x432px) Image search: [Google]
Yuuki_Sad.png
93KB, 378x432px
>>376867017
During Mishima's social link. Some asshole Mishima knows is getting threatened by two punks.

You almost think mishima is cool when he stands up to them...and then he talks about how he pissed his pants

You couldn't just let our boy have his moment, Atlus?
>>
>>376867114

>YOU'VE BEEN HIT BY, YOU'VE BEEN STRUCK BY
>A SMOOTH CRIMINAL
>>
>>376866920
I would like to but I can't fuse her because the game is just telling me no
>>
>>376867214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhLL9JHfLcM
>>
>>376867127

He doesn't need Ice Boost/Amp, but it's a shame that he doesn't even get Freeze Boost which would actually be super useful since it would let him set up Freeze > Technicals by himself.

Fucking Ryuji gets both Elec Boost and Shock Boost for whatever reason despite having an even worse MAG stat.
>>
>>376866875
Keep her gun skills, Mapsiodyne or Psiodyne, auto heal and amrita shower, heat riser unless you also use Makoto+Ryuuji, and the rest can be whatever if there is still room.
>>
>>376867180

>Forgetting the desert scene
>>
>>376867045
People always said she was overpowered in Golden though. I never played it
>>
File: P5.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
P5.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
In retrospect, everyone's AOA should have ended in dances like Goro.
>>
>>376867302
>Fucking Ryuji gets both Elec Boost and Shock Boost for whatever reason despite having an even worse MAG stat.
Don't forget that thor hammer which boosts his elec damage even more in a fruitless attempt to make his magic worth anything.
>>
>>376867210
>You couldn't just let our boy have his moment, Atlus?
But he literally saves the world at the end by making the Phansite reach 100%.
>>
>>376867331
I never understood those that said that.
>>
>>376867383
>them twins
My dick has pierced though dreams and reality.
>>
>>376865157
>>376865183
>>376865204

Wrong. Yusuke is the third best party member behind Makoto and Ryuji, in that order. Makoto is a lock on higher difficulties and ryuji and Yusuke are the optimal picks for the remaining spots. Ann is the best magical damage dealer and the third best overall damage dealer, behind Joker and Ryuji, but 1) there's such a ridiculous power gap between Joker and everyone else it makes little difference in the overall scheme of things. 2) concentrate+Blazing Hell is terribly inefficient in terms of resources and 3) she has no useful utility so every turn she's not concentrating or attacking she's dead weight and doesn't help the party.
>>
>>376867383

Nah, Haru and Joker have that perfect level of sheer SMUG behind them
>>
>>376867302
Yusuke's skillset needs some serious revision.
>>376866494
>Goro had the coolest design
That's some shit taste. It's like telling me your favorite design is Disney's Prince charming.
>>376867443
You mean Random Floral pant dude ?
>>
>>376867128
>>376867210
Thanks guys
>>
>>376867596
>You mean Random Floral pant dude ?
Not canon.
>>
>>376866080
She's made unviable by virtue of having a really smal SP pool, or her spells being way too expensive to be really useful, whichever way you prefer to look at it.
>>
>>376867537
Ann is more useful that Yusuke
>Tarunda
>Dormina
>Tentaforoo
>Can be a back-up healer if need it
>>
What's all this crap about useless party members.

I still like arbitrary rankings though.

Ann>Makoto>Mona>Haru>Inari>Ryuji
>>
>>376867537
How is Yusuke better than Haru? Honest question since both of them are really close imo.
>>
File: 1433428451772.jpg (221KB, 563x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433428451772.jpg
221KB, 563x800px
>not just playing with the characters you like the most because the game is easy
>>
>heat riser is literally 25% less effective than any Ma-kaja
>costs 25% more
What is balance
>>
>>376867685
>or her spells being way too expensive to be really useful
Another reason why I dumped her shields for Tae's ointments, now all her SP is dedicated to casting psio spells whenever needed or casting amrita shower in case of emergency.
>>
>>376867908

You're getting all three in a single turn; of course the cost goes up. I can only imagine what Luster Candy would cost in Persona.
>>
>>376867908
They should have made it cost 70 and make it party wide instead of single target.
>>
>>376868021
Can't really compare scaling since buffs work differently in SMT and Persona because of the ma- prefix and them running out over 3 turns.
>>
File: P4G-HaraedoNoOkami.jpg (63KB, 800x586px) Image search: [Google]
P4G-HaraedoNoOkami.jpg
63KB, 800x586px
>>376868021
>I can only imagine what Luster Candy would cost in Persona.
Well Chie's party wide heat riser aka Dragon Hustle costs 150SP.
>>
>>376868021
Here is the thing though, you're getting 3 buffs in one turn as opposed to 4. If you use Heat riser to buff your party you end up with one person's buffs falling off every turn. It's objectively a worthless spell outside of soloing.
>>
>>376868021
The thing is Luster Candy + Drain combo is broken. And P5 didn't have it. Fuck now you reminded me.
>>
File: 1475733605710.jpg (76KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475733605710.jpg
76KB, 600x338px
WARNING: This man sneaks up behind shadows and mercilessly kills them before they even realize what's happening. Considered armed and dangerous. Do not engage.
>>
>>376867908
Single target buffs are useless, but single target debuffs are pretty useful.
>>
>>376868021
Luster candy was a mistake anyway. Debilitate being all-target is fine though.
>>
>>376868161
>TFW can't disable his confidant ability that instakills
>>
>>376867714
None of those stay relevant by the late/end-game

You can't sleep bosses, you can't confuse bosses, single target healing only is very, VERY niche support, especially when makoto is just gona heal the whole party up on her turn, and Tarunda could be usefull, but you should be perma-debilitating every enemy that warrants the use of Tarunda, because it's just way more efficient.

The ONLY boss in which she's objectively a good pick for the starting line up is 1st phase Shido

>>376867757
read>>376867685
>>
>>376868210
But in SMT games they typically apply buff limits before the boss either negates it or says fuck this and kills you.
>>
>>376868170
Yes I know. Debilitate's cost is fine but Heat Riser costs a ton in spite of being less value than Masuku and the fact that you have 4 party members means it would be unusable garbage even if it cost 5 SP.
>>
>>376868280
Her SP pool being smaller isn't much of an issue when they're both at their strongest as physical attackers.
>>
>>376859834
>relying on an entire boat to make yourself look tall
>>
>>376868280
>None of those stay relevant by the late/end-game
Good thing that by endgame Ann has concentrate and Blazing hell
>>
Why didn't Ryuji use Captain Kidd to make a boat for the party members instead of running to drop the lifeboat?
>>
File: SurtSMT.jpg (587KB, 1944x2632px) Image search: [Google]
SurtSMT.jpg
587KB, 1944x2632px
>>376868442
Good thing this guy does too, Annfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>376868503
Don't joke around, this comparison is strictly about party members apart from Joker.
>>
File: 1493076921646.jpg (83KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493076921646.jpg
83KB, 540x720px
>>376853806
Everyone is good, it just depends what phase of the game your in. Ann sucks for most dungeons because of how fast she drains sp, but is a beast once she learn concentrate. I do feel like Yusuke does fall off late compared to how strong everyone else is.

Endgame, with all skill unlocked, it goes:
Ryuji>Ann>Haru>Makoto>Morgana>Yusuke
>>
>>376868347
imo she's theoretically at her best as a support. I say theoretically because like I said she has problems as a support.

As a phys damage dealer she's mediocre desu. On most bosses and subbosses crits are either impossible or very unlikely so she becomes softer hitting than Yusuke while not giving the same amount of sustained support.
>>
>>376868624
>Dante will never be a starter Persona
>Dante will never appear in another MegaTen game again
>>
>>376868473
>Max Ryuji's confidant
>No boat any more
>Uhhh...
But yeah, I wish they would make more use of Persona abilities outside of battle. Makoto runs over two shadows with Johanna, then they never take advantage of her having a motorcycle ever again.
>>
>>376868442
Yes , which hits almost as hard as a charged God Hand for the 5 times she can do it before she runs out of SP.
>>
>>376868656
>On most bosses and subbosses crits are either impossible or very unlikely so she becomes softer hitting than Yusuke while not giving the same amount of sustained support.
I don't see how she hits softer, her two gun skill passive buffs should put her triple shot and one shot kill above Yusuke's attacks.
>>
>>376867061
I thought the Captain Kidd design was okay at best. The punk Wukong is way better.
>>
File: uhhh.gif (495KB, 335x209px) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.gif
495KB, 335x209px
>All these autists sperging on minmaxing on a rather-easy-to-break game
>I'm just using my bros and waifus whenever i feel like it
>>
File: Sojiro_Shocked_Cut-in.png (156KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
Sojiro_Shocked_Cut-in.png
156KB, 640x464px
>>376868756
>Running out of SP in Persona 5
>>
>>376864882
DON'T TOOT
>>
>>376868765
triple down sure, but osk doens't beat brave blade for damage.

It's still not good enough considering she has no support spells that give anywhere near as good sustainable value as Yusuke.
>>
>>376868949
[barely audible TOOT in the distance]
>>
>Yusuke's evolution is another Susano-o
>Not Inari, when he even has the fox mask
Why?
>>
File: Cognitive-Goro.png (102KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Cognitive-Goro.png
102KB, 512x512px
More importantly why did he die like such a cunt? For a rival character he had a pretty underwhelmingly death. Hopefully he gets a better sendoff in Crimson or whatever they're going to call it.
>>
Dropping a truth bomb
Ryuji Yusuke Makoto is objectively the best since it gives Potter more turns because they handle buffs
>>
>>376868916
Ok, so you're gonna waste a turn and an item on a her just to sustain her almost really good damage output?
>>
>>376868756
there is a reason Tae gets introduced so early in the game, to get the SP Adhesive as soon as possible.
>>
>>376868739
it's a damn shame we never got a car chase scene. Makoto running interference for the Morganamobile "Smokey and the Bandit"-style would've been legendary.
>>
File: 1493839811374.gif (2MB, 380x325px) Image search: [Google]
1493839811374.gif
2MB, 380x325px
Yusuke needs to stop bullying Futaba!
>>
>>376869095
>Dropping a truth bomb

you're late
>>
File: HOL UP.gif (4MB, 158x223px) Image search: [Google]
HOL UP.gif
4MB, 158x223px
>>376869073
>Goro
>Dead
>>
File: 62062558_p14.png (171KB, 400x680px) Image search: [Google]
62062558_p14.png
171KB, 400x680px
>>376869059
Because Inari is
>Not a trickster/thief
>Androgynous
>>
File: Ninetail.jpg (2MB, 2028x1550px) Image search: [Google]
Ninetail.jpg
2MB, 2028x1550px
>>376869059
Nope. More Susanoos!
>>
>>376869146
>7SP recovery per turn
>69SP cost every 2 turns

>sustainable
>>
>>376869095
replace Yusuke for Ann, she has a better MA stat and therefore deals more skill damage.
>>
>>376869343
>needing 10 turns to finish any non boss fight
outrageous.
>>
>>376869384
Yusuke is exponentially better than Ann on that particular set-up.
>>
>>376869384
>I use these three for their buffs.
>USE THIS CHARACTER WITH NO BUFFS!
>>
>>376869263
The Necronomicron is not a trickster/thief either.
Then again the only real Lovecraftian trickster would be Nyarlathotep and they can't use him for obvious reasons.
>>
>>376869446
so what happens on boss fights?
>>
>Implying party composition even matters once you max out the star confidant
>Not having both Ryuji and Yusuke in the party.
>>
>>376869263
>>not a trickster/thief
>is literally a shapeshifting god that fucks with people

I'd be happy with saving the 9-tail fox thing for Hifumi if they give her Tamamo though.

>>376869095
Replace Yusuke with Haru. Her Heat Riser is way more useful than his Masukukaja. If there were a party member with Marakunda though they'd get preference.
>>
>>376869384
>using a character that forces the MC to waste an extra turn
Git gud
>>
>>376869526
The Necronomicon is a commonly stolen thing in Lovecraft's works.
>>
>>376869554
>>Implying party composition even matters once you max out the star confidant

Party switch is horribly inefficient. you waste 2 turns to get a skill.
>>
>>376869581
Heat tis is literal unusable garbage outside of fighting solo.
>>
>>376869526
Wasn't its content stolen knowledge?
>>
>>376869246
He is dead, anon.
>>
File: 73868-4.png (67KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
73868-4.png
67KB, 678x381px
>>376853806
Yusuke got me through the majority of my 1st playthrough. He and Ryuji are both part of my main party.
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Goro_smiling.png (115KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Goro_smiling.png
115KB, 512x512px
>>376869698
You don't actually see him die on screen and in a video game or a movie that means he's alive.
Futaba lied about the signal thing.
>>
>>376869526
Futaba's persona doesn't really follow the thief/trickster theme.

>>376869581
>is literally a shapeshifting god that fucks with people
That's a kitsune, basically one of the three greatest youkai. Inari is actually a reveled shinto god/goddess. The only good kitsune is Kuzunoha.
>>
>>376869581
>Heat Riser
>more useful
>on that party

how? Marakukaja+Matarakuja+Heat Riser???
>>
>>376868280
>bosses bosses bosses

is that all you ever think about? you never take dungeon enemies in account?
>>
>>376869581
>Replace Yusuke with Haru. Her Heat Riser is way more useful than his Masukukaja. If there were a party member with Marakunda though they'd get preference.
Nigger I run Ryuji, Makoto and Haru and even I know heat riser is useless, I just settle for never using sukukaja buffs and just have Haru attack every turn with triple shot.
>>
File: Tips best girl.png (115KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Tips best girl.png
115KB, 512x512px
>Make best girl.
>is the most useful party member of the game.
>>
>>376869581
Are you retarded? Heat Riser is fucking worthless unless Joker has it for soloing.
>>
File: 1494375601649.png (207KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1494375601649.png
207KB, 872x632px
>>376869743
Futaba never lies!
>>
>>376862110
Makoto, Haru, Yusuke.

Makoto for the sweet nuke paladin

Haru for the crazy reflection walls (which save my ass on occasion) and mega gun/psy damage.

Yusuke for DODGING EVERYTHING (he dodged two agidynes in a row without fire evade during the final boss) and making your party dodge everything, as well as some great baton-pass single-target damage.

MC I ran with Siegfried with charge, the colossal single-target phys spell, auto-mataru, invigorate, and endure (which is a lifesaver I ended up not needing).
>>
>>376869816
Parties for regular dungeon enemies should be 3 members which cover most elemental weaknesses you find, so there's no point in arguing for which one is the best in those situations when the best choice is to constantly switch.
>>
>>376869893
>no ma-kaja
>useful
Lol
>>
>>376869893
I would honestly prefer her to have marakunda over heat riser, that skill is far more useful.
>>
>>376869893
>make average girl
>have her be outclassed in every way because she never gets charge or concentrate, so you can never run her
>be sad that your 4th slot can't be her because you need Makoto or Morgana to heal

FTFY
>>
>>376869482
She has matarurnda. making the enemy do 0 damage is way more useful than dodging every 20 turns.
I swear, the suku skills are ass in this game. In my first play through, Ryuji and Yusuke still managed to miss Shido even with sukukaja and sukunda.
>>
>>376870123
Nda skills are worthless because of debilitate.
>>
>>376870112
>Implying she needs either
She can out damage Ann, has Armita Shower and doesn't require you to refill her SP every two turns.
>>
>>376870182
Shame no one has it, aside from the 1-dungeon bitch-boy who doesn't even learn it for 10-15 leves.
>>
File: 20170426_173033.jpg (225KB, 750x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_173033.jpg
225KB, 750x1080px
>muh heat riser
Babies, all of you. This is all you need, stay in or switch out in one go.
And if you run out just Auto Speed with Yusuke or use Debilitate.
Also firm stance is the better than Angelic Grace and Meme Dance.
>>
>>376870123
Suku- skills are kinda useless in One More systems anyways. Sure you can prevent damage every now and then but you're better off doing other moves.

It's great in Press Turn though. They miss once and lose two turns.
>>
>>376869816
>dungeon enemies in account?

most mob encounters are basically hit the weaknesses and then all out attack. If they don't have weaknesses you either crit or CC them. Either way, if you MUST pick one over the other, and can't change your party up through the dungeon you still get more value out of Yusuke than Ann over time because he has an elemental attack that deals more than enough damage to deal with mob enemies weak to it and he also has a very high damaging physical ability, which is going to be better for 90% of the cases where the enemy isn't weak to either spell and it can crit.
>>
>>376870282

If buffs didn't wear off in 3 turns in persona the auto-buff skills would be much more useful
>>
File: VvOS8sT.png (99KB, 260x370px) Image search: [Google]
VvOS8sT.png
99KB, 260x370px
>>376870258
>Shame no one has it
Which is why Trumpeter is objectively better than any party member in the game and also why the party members you use don't mean jack shit because the game is so easy and with the Strength confidant you can use whatever the fuck you want.

Also this >>376870305
>>
>>376870305
This. Sukukaja is VERY useful in Press Turn. Yusuke should have been a SMT character.
>>
>>376870374
I think it's fair, otherwise it would be extremely broken.
You are saving three turns in one, with no cost for three turns. And all you need is one Persona with all 3 Auto-Ma skills to make most battles a breeze
Anyone should be able to clear most encounters with a big boost like that in 3 turns
>>
>>376870305
I never go into an even fight like a boss/miniboss without Masukukaja. One miss and you could be fucked.
>>
>>376870246
>She can out damage Ann

No she can't. And even Ann isn't good enough to make it to the best line-up.

>has Armita Shower

If you're using Amrita shower you messed up something horribly wrong and deserve the velvet room game over screen.
>>
>>376870374
>If buffs didn't wear off in 3 turns in persona the auto-buff skills would be much more useful
They're still a great way to open any fight since you can just switch out to something that doesn't have 3 skill slots wasted on those.
>>
>>376870559
>One miss and you could be fucked.
How? You aren't punished for missing in this game.
>>
>>376853806
>It's possible to make a Yoshitsune that's strong/rpl/null or drain to every damage type in the game
>People still worry about whether Yusuke is good enough to be in the party

If you're not doing NG Maniac then it doesn't matter, use whoever you like most. I used Ryuji cause he's my boy with Makoto and Haru for a (mostly) harem party.
>>
>>376870559
Suku- makes more sense on NG Hard/Merciless, since Rakukaja/Tarunda only goes so far when enemies are doing 1.6x damage compared to Normal.
>>
>>376853806

Thing about the party in this game is that everyone brings something to the table besides elemental weaknesses. He may be outclassed, but he still has good things going for him, like Baton Pass buffs and Evasion/Speed party buff.

Makoto is best girl, but worst party member. Shit heals and practically nothing is weak to Nuke.
>>
>>376870629
>No she can't.
Objectively wrong - Charge + One Shot Kill + Cripple + Crit = more damage than Ann and infinitely less SP used as well.
>>
>>376870781
She doesn't have Charge though. You're betting on RNG with Futaba instead of having consistent damage.
>>
>>376870781
>Charge + One Shot Kill + Cripple + Crit
But she doesn't have charge.
>>
>>376870775
Hi Morgana, you're fucking shit.
>>
File: 1494445018677.jpg (806KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494445018677.jpg
806KB, 1920x1080px
>>376870775
Got your best girl and best party member right here.
>>
>>376854484

>Best heals
>Great damage
>Lots of enemies weak to wind
>MIRAKU... PAWNCH

Go to bed Ryuji. If it were not for Charge, your ass would be benched. Joker still does it better anyway.
>>
>create best boy
>have literally everyone bully him
Poor Ryuji
>>
>>376870832
You mean consistently wasting SP which in turn wastes turns that could be getting pressed instead of using SP restoration items on her?
>>376870837
She can.
>>
File: 1492324592865.png (190KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1492324592865.png
190KB, 872x632px
>>376870837
Everyone has charge.
>>
Hey guys guess what
All party members are decently viable
>>
>>376870775
>Shit heals
nigger what? Salvation is a gigantic SP sink whose status condition healing purpose isn't needed 90% of the times its used and Makoto has larger sp pool and better survivability than Morgana due to her stats. She also has marakukaja which is better than Masukunda.
>>
>>376870984
MUH MIRACLE PUNCH SHUT UP MIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCHMIRACLE PUNCH SHUT. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP
>>
>>376870775
>Has Mediarama and Mediarahan
>Shit heals

Wtf?

The only person with even comparable heals is weak to the most common elemental type
>>
>>376870984
Then don't use Salvation and stick to his Mediarahan skill.
Or masukunda which is good for making enemies less dodgy.
Miracle punch for crits in regular battles.
Wind skills use slightly less SP than any other element, too.
He's just as viable as everyone else.
>>
File: 1493449556518.gif (32KB, 205x39px) Image search: [Google]
1493449556518.gif
32KB, 205x39px
>>376870952
>Ryuji saves everyone's lives
>Party thinks he died
>Everyone starts crying over it
>Ryuji casually comes back to everyone's shock
>Beat him up anyways
>>
>>376871058
But I have every element to knock someone down. And if they have no weakness for whatever reason I can use the Tower gun skill.
>>
>>376870660

You are. The punishment is missing and having wasted every resource that went into that attack.

>>376870775
This is the most wrong post I've ever read

>>376870781
She doesn't have charge and you can't crit bosses but nice try
>>
>>376860527
DDS was pretty balanced in terms of end-game phys and magic skills. At least, DDS2 was. DDS1 was well and truly in favour of Phys with stuff like Ragnarok being Sever Phys-Almighty with a defense debuff.
>>
File: Joker.(Persona.5).full.1839757.jpg (2MB, 1635x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.(Persona.5).full.1839757.jpg
2MB, 1635x2400px
>invite all your friends to your attic after school
>kick them out
>to walk outside and write in your diary
>force them all back over immediately

such a dick
>>
>>376871058
Morgana's Miracle Punch didn't crit very often for me. It did when Jack Frosts used them on me, but not the other way around. Has anyone compiled power/acc/crit values for skills yet?
>>
>>376871175
MIRACLE PUUUUUNCH!!!!! I'M NOT USELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS
>>
File: 1472281046599.png (25KB, 516x565px) Image search: [Google]
1472281046599.png
25KB, 516x565px
>>376871240
Back on the bench healslut.
>>
>>376853806
http://www.strawpoll.me/12959984/
>>
>>376871178
>The punishment is missing and having wasted every resource that went into that attack.
That doesn't fuck you though because you don't lose any remaining turns.
>>
>>376871228
>they all actually get back on trains to what they were doing
>have to get back on trains to come back
>>
>>376871147
>stick to his Mediarahan skill.
But Makoto still has that and her bigger SP pool
>masukunda which is good for making enemies less dodgy
You'll be using debilitate for bosses and never use buffs/debuffs for most normal fights.
>Miracle punch for crits in regular battles
I'll give you that, if Morgana didn't have miracle punch I doubt anyone would bother defending him, that's his only plus
>wind skills use slightly less sp than any other elements
mostly because they're shit that cause no status conditions nor gain any technical damage unless they hit a burning enemy.
>He's just as viable as everyone else
His entire viability hinges on a single luck based attack.
>>
>>376870950
Salvation is a waste of a skill slot
He doesn't have concentrate so his damage is shit
Miracle punc is RNG garbage
>>
>>376871310
>People actually thinking Makoto's mask isn't one of the worst things of the entire game
>>
>>376871178
>You are. The punishment is missing and having wasted every resource that went into that attack.
That's nowhere near as bad as missing in press turn which means losing a bunch of your turns.
>>
>>376871147
Everyone in P5 is viable, it's just that Morgana's advantages over Makoto (ailment heals, higher luck, slightly higher Ma) aren't as useful as Makoto's.
>>
>>376871351
You still lose all the turns that were used to prepare the attack. And against tougher enemies and bosses it can mean the difference between crippling them or outright killing them and getting crippled and/or wiped.
>>
>>376871430
>one of the worst things of the entire game

That's not Morgana and Haru's toolkit
>>
I finally finished 100%ing the game
Do we have wallpapers for all the all out attacks yet?
>>
>>376871175
>And if they have no weakness for whatever reason I can use the Tower gun skill.
You can't baton pass with that skill.
>>
>>376871478
If missing one attack is the difference between winning or losing for you I think you are doing something wrong.
>>
File: IMG_6244.png (131KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6244.png
131KB, 512x512px
>>376869073
>he thinks he's dead
>>
>>376871459
>That's nowhere near as bad as missing in press turn

Don't you straw man me you cunt.
>>
File: 1383420856121.jpg (80KB, 620x708px) Image search: [Google]
1383420856121.jpg
80KB, 620x708px
>>376854910
>Yeah good luck with bosses where you're actually fighting someone that's some pose of challenge
The final boss is easy as fuck though
>>
Should I bother tout raise the party members slink to get their new personas? Idgaf about them as characters
>>
File: 1450027847677.jpg (109KB, 469x465px) Image search: [Google]
1450027847677.jpg
109KB, 469x465px
https://discord.gg/pcB2yTh
So?
>>
>>376871430
> hating metal "deus vult" mask
>>
>>376871478
>getting crippled and/or wiped.
Never once was I wiped due to missing a turn and I played on Hard, this game has way too many failsafes to even get a game over outside of the beginning.
Actually anyone dying in this game past say the third palace is pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>376871531
So? The enemy would be dead from the AoA anyways.
>>
>tfw Goro clocks out of the game before teaching MC how to dance
>>
>>376871567
I'm not straw manning anyone, missing in press turn is a horrible thing that can fuck you over which is why matador is so hated because of his ability to max out his accuracy/evasion.
>>376871623
Eh I played in hard but usually anything with no weaknesses tends to survive an AoA at full health. Now if you started the fight by shaving off half its health with Tower's other skill by luck then yeah it's dead. God I love Tower's abilities.
>>
>>376871351
>spend two turns charging up
>use 15 SP and a chunk of HP
>miss and now you wasted two turns, 15 SP, and hurt yourself, all because you wanted to use your scat fetish fivehead no personality girl instead of bringing the autistic lobster man
>>
>>376871558
Maybe not. Take as an example madarame. Missing an attack can mean having to fight the whole frames again, or haing one of the frames rezing anither which in turn can rez another etc etc. which can fuck you up.
>>
>>376871612
>Actually anyone dying in this game past say the third palace is pretty embarrassing.

I died to the final boss with a charged up Sword Dance. Turns out that Sword of his reflected physical damage...
>>
>Masukukaja
>Brave blade.
I use Yusuke because he's Yosuke and Yosuke was too useful to exclude.
>>
>>376871598
What is that anon
>>
>>376871701
>I'm not strawmanning anyone

>proceeds to strawman the shit out of me

When did I even mention press turn on any capacity, much less comparatively?

Just because it's worse than the 1more system doesn't mean you don't get punished on the 1more sytem.
>>
>>376871769
I guessed that when Haru killed herself by using her gun skills against the guns, but in my half asleep clumsiness I accidentally attacked the sword with a charged god hand.
>>
Beat the game on hard with Ann, Ryuji and Yusuke. Replaced Ann with healer Morgana for boss fights. My boy ain't useless
>>
>>376871769
Actually thinking back I died to Shido's first phase because I got Raged and then he reflects physical. Don't think I died to anything other than that past Madarame's though.
>>
File: 1494655637638.jpg (276KB, 850x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1494655637638.jpg
276KB, 850x1166px
>>376871596
Only Ann. If you're trying to make an invincible Yoshitsune you need her max-rank persona, and that might fuck you over until NG+ (like it did me). Mishima is needed as well.
Most of the persona evolutions suck ass though, and Ann has probably the worst confidant story so have fun with that.
>>
>>376871850
But the guy you were talking with was comparing the effectiveness of suku-skills in press turn and 1-More systems, how could you not be comparing them?
>>
File: P5_portrait_of_Morgana_smiling.png (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
P5_portrait_of_Morgana_smiling.png
96KB, 480x480px
>>376871863
>My boy ain't useless
Oooh we can do this!
Oooh we can do this!
Oooh we can do this!
Oooh we can do this!
>>
File: 1403662685219.jpg (50KB, 359x391px) Image search: [Google]
1403662685219.jpg
50KB, 359x391px
>>376863770
>Final boss takes out all his weapons and starts charging up
>Everyone buffs
>Take the hit
>Use Soma to regain HP and SP
>Fubata Charges everyone
>Ann uses Blazing Hell for 2-3k per arm except for one
>Makoto Flash Bomb on boss for 3k
>Yusuke for 2-3k on the remaining arm and the boss
>MC some severe attack on boss for 3k
>>
>>376871596
Yes considering they provide many battle benefits like tanking a hit with 1HP or taking a hit that was targeting and would have killed Joker.
>>
>>376871925
No he wasn't. Not explicitly at least. All he said was

>>One miss and you could be fucked.
>How? You aren't punished for missing in this game.

And I replied that you were punished
>>
>>376872004
>Makoto Flash Bomb
Garbage. If there's a P5 update, they should really give Makoto a decent Phys skill for the endgame.
>>
>>376872112
Yeah it was kinda weird she just kinda stuck with Medium Physical.

Got rid of it for Nuke Boost and Amp
>>
>>376872004
I thought I would be smart and use my Arsene's Riot Gun.
I killed all his appendages and took all of his remaining HP but his gun arm reflected the damage and instantly killed me.
>>
>>376872112
She doesn't need it really. It'd be nice, but she's already the best party member as is.
>>
>>376872112
Nah just raise the chance of dizzy from low to high, mid damage with a high chance of status effect is a fine phys skill for trash mobs which is what it should be used for since her magic is better for bosses.
>>
Ryuji is strong the entire game
Yusuke is strong the entire game and much stronger vs random battles/demon bosses on Merciless
Haru is much stronger vs random battles/demon bosses especially on Merciless and compliments Yusuke really well.

Ann only shines on bosses that have low/can't be critically hit which is where she becomes better than Yusuke and Haru. This makes her stronger than both of them inherently on Hard or lower for the most part by the end of the game. I think it's worth saying but her beginning toolkit is so very good for survival against just about everything and worth a slot on that alone until you become stronger.

As for Morgana vs Makoto I think it goes to Makoto pretty handily in the very end, but Morgana before that, especially on Merciless. I think it's worth noting that the further in the game you get, the less and less healing gets super required because of how good Endure coupled with Futaba is + good items.
>>
>>376872112
A good ability would be a unique flash bomb that has a high chance of dizzy and a 100% hit rate.
>>
>>376872178
Haha I died the exact same way when I charged & used Vishnu's riot gun.
Felt really dumb after.
>>
>>376872292
>I think it's worth saying but her beginning toolkit is so very good for survival against just about everything and worth a slot on that alone until you become stronger.
This is true, her tarunda and sleep skills were useful when dealing with strong enemies in early game.
>>
Considering Carmen's backstory I'm surprised she doesn't learn Marin Karin
>>
>>376872750
Yeah it's weird that the last status condition attack she learns is tentarofoo instead of that party wide brainwash attack some mementos bosses use.
>>
>>376872750
Interesting how charm is now brainwash
>>
>>376872876
Considering there's that special lust condition yaldabaoth casts on you I think they wanted to make the distinction between the two.
>>
>>376872970
if that was a concern, they wouldn't also make Yaldy inflict you with suddenly-special-status hunger.
>>
Which characters have the best follow-up attack animations and why are they Yusuke and Makoto? Makoto's is my favourite of the lot.
Thread posts: 532
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.