[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Overwatch really as casual as /v/ says it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: overwatch.png (1MB, 1080x623px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch.png
1MB, 1080x623px
Is Overwatch really as casual as /v/ says it is?
>>
No.
>>
File: fps on a console.webm (2MB, 720x381px) Image search: [Google]
fps on a console.webm
2MB, 720x381px
Maybe
>>
i dont know
>>
Can you repeat the question
>>
Why arnt there more people in the grabdmaster level of comp? If its so easy and casual
>>
No, it's even more casual. It's the bare minimum of an FPS and the bare minimum of a MOBA and the only strategy available is to get to a choke point and use ults to break it.
>>
File: gyllenhall.png (81KB, 369x311px) Image search: [Google]
gyllenhall.png
81KB, 369x311px
>>376851998
nothing is ever as anything as /v/ says it is
>>
>>376852798
>wow it took 4 of you to kill me
>>
>>376851998
yeah the game sucks and you know it does
>>
People are currently paying 20 million dollars for Overwatch esports teams, so it can't be too casual.
>>
>>376851998
It's not something I'll ever take super seriously personally.
>>
>>376851998

Overwatch is so casual that console players more than doubled the stats of PC players, and not every PC player is handicapping themselves by using a controller either (but many do).
>>
>>376854506
That's because Blizz forced it into an report meme when its not.
>>
>>376853068
But they didn't even kill her
>>
They just took TF2 and made it more it casual and cartoony.

Which is the same thing TF2 did to TFC.
>>
>>376851998
/v/ thinks it's bad because "everyone is stupid on this team except me".

Everyone else is thinking the same thing
>>
>>376851998
Yes. This is the product of a company pandering to the Anita Sarkeesian crowd.
>>
>>376855038
With all those tights and butts? Nahh, characters like zarya are just a scapegoat
>>
File: mei's proportions.jpg (174KB, 420x818px) Image search: [Google]
mei's proportions.jpg
174KB, 420x818px
>>376855038

Are you fucking joking, mate?

Her ilk hate Overwatch because

>All girls have a visible, glorious ass in skin-tight clothing
>Tracer had a sexy 1950s pinup pose
>Mei isn't 400 lbs like tumblr thought
>Gamers didn't get upset that Tracer is gay, meaning gamers see Tracer as a sex symbol rather than a LGBTQLMNOP+ ally which is problematic
>11/12 Overwatch players are male meaning there's a sexist imbalance

These are all seriously "issues" SJWs had with the game and freaked out over, calling Blizzard sexist every time. Blizzard either ignored them or mocked them with each one.
>>
Not really? It takes class-based team shooter gameplay, takes a few steps back from what defines a shooter, and with less definition makes something more unique than most games on the market. It's marketed to a large audience, some of which are casuals, but the presence of casuals doesn't mean the game is tainted with a playerbase STD. I got it because no other game offers an Overwatch experience. People meme about it being a TF2 rip-off, but let's be honest, TF2 today barely resembles TF2.
>>
>>376851998
It's pretty casual.
Still loads of fun though. Definitely a more enjoyable multiplayer experience than the bottomless pit of autism that is Mobas or Counter Strike.
>>
>>376855595
>but the presence of casuals doesn't mean the game is tainted with a playerbase STD

Giving advice during a match more than once, sometimes even once, gets you labelled as "toxic" by the Overwatch community. The casuals playing the game are so sensitive to anything remotely close to critique that it reminds me of those MSPaint fwuffy wuffy comics where these cutesie little fluffy things are so desensitized to reality that they believe everything's a nice little fantasy world. They usually end up being slaughtered brutally/thrown in a microwave.

Also reminds me of the pony community on TF2 you unfortunately run into every other match.
>>
>>376855869
Shit, that was not the best choice of words on my part. I know the community is far from quality, and I guess I got my words mixed up coming out of my fingertips.
I meant that the game itself isn't casual because the playerbase has some casual germ that it infected the game with. Maybe when the devs listen to casuals to such a degree that they begin warping the game into something horrible, yes, the game can become casual because of the community, but mechanically, these "moba elements", large class roster, DPS/Tank/Support dichotomy, and optional cosmetics that Blizz makes for a quick buck does not make it a casual game.
>>
>>376851998
The gameplay is simple, but it's still fun. Like Rocket League.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.