[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can other open world games even compete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: C6pVUhoWgAE10V5.jpg (254KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C6pVUhoWgAE10V5.jpg
254KB, 800x1200px
How can other open world games even compete?
>>
Do what BotW did, but include more concrete RPG elements, and permanent gear?

I really liked the game, I, on a personal level, did not like the lack of permanency in items and equipment. I know there are a bunch of logical reasons for all of it, but if another developer could create a system that allows for stable, permanent gear, I think that'd be cool.
>>
>>376851197
They can't. It's perfect.
>>
>>376851197
Put in locations worth discovering?
>>
File: IMG_2333.png (342KB, 545x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2333.png
342KB, 545x803px
Shit thread. Derailing.
>>
By not being open world and have actual level design.
>>
>>376851451
>He never discovered Paya's birthmark.
>>
File: hitler.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.gif
1MB, 250x250px
How can newfags like op even compete
>>
>>376851546
>have actual level design.

Zelda games don't have 'levels' kiddo.
>>
>>376851545
What
>>
>>376851545
This has to be fake.
>>
File: big_cock.webm (2MB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
big_cock.webm
2MB, 720x1080px
>>
>>376851197
by having permanent equipment and running at higher than 20 fps
>>
File: 1481486752881.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481486752881.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>376851769
Well well well...........
>>
I think a lot of games could learn from the world building and the complete amount of freedom on offer in BotW.

I'm willing to bet that most devs miss the point completely or just decided the coding is too difficult and time consuming.
>>
>>376851814
ayo hol up so you be sayin we wuz dinasaurs n shiet

*scratches ground*
>>
>>376851197
>let's pretend WW, SS and even Skyrim didn't get the same praise

Oh, okay.
>>
>>376851197
Dungeons dungeons dungeons.

I understand why Nintendo didn't include traditional themed dungeons in the game - they openly admitted that the game was deliberately designed to break the Zelda conventions - but I just miss them that's all. The devine beasts were kinda cool. Having 120 mini shrines was fun. But I want to be lost in the depths of an ancient keep. I'm sure they'll bring them back for future games.
>>
I've never owned a nintendo console in my life, but i feel like this might be a good thing

I really love the idea of open world games, but in the past 5-8 years it feels like lazy/shitty devs just completely ruined it by not doing it right and trying to cut corners with 0 substance, and resulted in abortions like the Far Cry games, Fallout 4 and a fuckload of shitty indie games that never even got finished

So, Anons who agree with all the positive reviews of the game, what's so good about it? How did it manage to do the Open World thing right?
You think it could be an example for upcoming games on how to do it?

ps.: I just want a fucking open world pirate or cowboy or knight game done right. RD:R was way too long ago.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.