[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: segaatlus.png (36KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
segaatlus.png
36KB, 700x350px
what went right?
>>
>>376848126
Everything but nothing.
>>
Sega seems content to just let Atlus do their own thing.
>>
>>376848126
god tier logos
>>
File: Persona5Yakuza0.jpg (355KB, 1280x545px) Image search: [Google]
Persona5Yakuza0.jpg
355KB, 1280x545px
>>376848126
Their best games being locked to Playstation systems was their greatest decision.
>>
>>376848126
I wish Sony or Nintendo acquired Atlus.

The threads would have been amazing.
>>
>>376849602
i could shoot up Sega HQ for this
>>
>>376848126
Not much of anything. Atlus was known for their delays and expensive games for decades, yet once they were purchased by SEGA, those delays dragged out from half a year, to entire years.

What went right? Instead of splitting their development budget into ten separate SMT spinoffs, they put most of their funding into the Persona series.
>>
They didn't let atlus touch Sonic
>>
>>376849602
Sony had to pave their roads in gold for that to happen. There were leaks of PC ports long before Steam started announcing games. People still wonder if it's even possible for a game like Yakuza 0 to be ported, considering old PS3 games have horrible quality.
>>
>>376849602
>Persona
>good
>>
>>376848126
ATLUS stayed more or less the same, which is the best fucking scenario you can expect from a buyout.

Imagine the likes of EA getting their hands on this.
>>
>>376849641
They just gave us Bayo and Vanquish, give them more time.
>>
>>376849791
Yakuza 0 is better but Persona 5 is a solid 6/10
>>
>>376848126
SEGA is only going to fund their profitable projects, but oh god forbid they publish it in Europe. Let Deep Silver do that because SEGA Europe are too busy jerking off to PC games.

Sony buying Atlus would either be more cinematics and muh diversity. Nintendo would be censorship up the ass.
>>
>>376849727
The Atlus we know is merely a publisher/localization company. A lot of work was commissioned from various development teams.
>>
>>376848126
Everything
>>
>>376848126
>Atlus was at a point of uncertainty when Index was having financial and legal troubles.
>Hashino even said that it felt like everyone in Atlus was just waiting for the axe to fall.
>Atlus was auctioned out and Sega out of every fucking company in japan buys them.
>Atlus was left to do what they wanted and are now doing so well that they are expanding themselves and finally moving on to HD game development.

Sega may have shit the bed with their own games but saving Atlus is one of the best things they ever done.
>>
File: 9e6.png (171KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
9e6.png
171KB, 256x256px
>>376849727
kek. A Sonic dating sim by Atlus would bring so many degenerates out of the basement to line up in front of local Gamestops you would think it was time for the tenth scheduled march against Trump for the week.
>>
>>376849889
Why don't Sega just kill off Sega Europe? Can't name one good game they made.
>>
>>376848126

WHERE IS ETRIAN ODYSSEY V
>>
>>376850543
probably because they dont make games, just publish them.
>>
>>376848126
Sega used to make the best music in all of vidya so they bought Atlus who makes the best music of current vidya.
>>
>>376850846
They had Miku before Atlus though.
>>
Nothing has gone wrong.
>>
>>376849817
dont forget valkyria chronicles last year
>>
File: CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg (25KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
CFe03fyWMAI31IZ.jpg
25KB, 500x303px
During the whole sega sammy atlus buyout news the majority of faggots were spouting shit like
>no atlus is ruined
>sonic faggotry will end in my persona/smt/eo games
>random rants about this was one of the worst buyout scenarios
>sega goes out of their way and says that atlus can work with their franchices as they see fit
>mfw things ended up nice and proper as i expected
you cunts only expect doom and gloom
>>
>>376853125

>no EO5 western release

ok
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.