[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate this game? It's not bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: street-fighter-v.jpg (47KB, 785x510px) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter-v.jpg
47KB, 785x510px
Why does /v/ hate this game? It's not bad.
>>
>>376838926
Street Fighter is the big dog of the fighting game landscape so it has a lot of people trying to tear it down, and the weak launch of the game gave people an opportunity to shitpost it to oblivion to the point where it's difficult to have a solid discussion because all the people that enjoy have been worn out by having to deal with shitposting/false flagging/other bullshit
>>
>>376838926
>Implying its just /v/
This your first fighter anon?
>>
>>376838926
>Why does /v/ hate this game? It's not bad.

Just about everyone hates this game pal, it's not just /v/
>>
>>376839267
Nah, I used to play a lot of MvC2 when I was younger. That's still my favorite fighting game of all time, but no doubt it was broken as fuck. SFV is way more polished and balanced comparatively.
>>
>>376838926
It's very bad. It's input delay and lack of midrange normals and zoning tools, on top of how much it already rewards offense, allows for a lot of randomness. The netcode being bad only exacerbates this.

And it's boring on top of that. Nothing really requires practice or execution aside from maybe looking up some setups for your character, and beyond that you just grind matches endlessly. All in all, it's not fun and it's been dumbed down for the lowest common denominator in the same way that all other E-SPORTS games have done.
>>
>>376840031
The CFN beta has really good netcode so far from what I've played.
>>
Lately I've seen more and more people not blatantly shit on it.

It just has a lot of issues. I mean honestly there are things where people were like "they need to fix this" in the first alpha and the fixes just never ever came. Why even still show us the profile card things with like how aggressive you are and stuff if it just isn't implemented yet? Is that ever going to happen? Are they just going to leave that broken thing there forever so I can be reminded of how rushed the game was every single time I start a match, for all eternity? And like the entire thing with how you have to select your character and stage in advance for a "quick" match and it still takes forever. I don't really use training mode and have the matchmaking run in the background because the loading / menu times between matches and getting back into training mode are just too uncomfortably long, I'd rather wait "only" for as long as it takes to get back to the menu. And how without the preselected character, you have to select the stage before you select the characters presumably so it can start loading that up first too? It's honestly kind of ridiculous how badly crafted the game is just on a technical level. These are not some arcane comfort features, this is what needs to fucking WORK in a fighting game, hopping in and out of matches and not having it feel like a slog. Honestly this is the worst any fighting game has ever made me felt inbetween the actual fighting game action. It's embarassing.

Now I wrote up all this shit and I wasn't even intending to make this post sound negative. I enjoy the game, all in all. When you get to actually play it's a really really fun fighting game, I really like the cast, the netcode is superb, everything. But hell if there are not a lot of valid reasons to shit on it.
>>
>>376838926
Another anon said it perfectly. It's trying to appeal to casuals while giving them nothing they actually want.
>>
>>376840031
Exactly this.
Capcom has pretty much shown they want this is be a rushdown/brawler exclusive game with the addition of the last 3 DLC characters.
>>
>>376841462
The first thing you mentioned was fixed in the beta, it's fully functional (hopefully it stays that way). The load times were improved upon too but still kind of bad. I usually just minimize the game and do other shit when finding a match, but I guess PS4 players can't do that.
>>
It's not bad, it's just too expensive for what you get.
>>
>>376841974
Oh, I'm on PC but the game actually has a habit of crashing on me when I tab out. The kiwierror thing.

It's like, I suck up so much crap to play this I lose track of it. It took for fucking ever till I could even really play at all, initially the game wouldn't run properly till I got a new gpu, then I had to phone up my provider a dozen times because the game can't handle IPv6 connections correctly somehow. Believe me when I say I want to love this game but man it can make that hard sometimes
>>
>>376840031
This, unfortunately.
It was incredible in sf4 the number of times I would see someone do a combo or setup I had never seen before but this almost never happens in sf5 because its dumbed down for casuals yet they hate the game because of its lack of content so its just a fucking mess all round.
>>
>It's not bad.
If you're playing it casually with your friends, sure. Anything past that and you see how much of a wreck it is.
>>
>>376838926
Because its a shit game, because they tried to remove all the depth and complexity, because it was "made for people who dont play fighting games", because the core mechanics and battle design are fucking terrible, because cast is bland and homogeneous, because every character has been dumbed down, because they removed moves from characters, because moves that remained were dumbed down in comparison to previous games, because the game has no neutral, because everyone's attacks has no range, because the game is poorly optimized it even struggles to run on consoles, because it has huge amount of input delay which is unacceptable in ANY game never mind a competitive fighting game, because online is a broken mess, because the game is just straight up not fun to play.
>>
>>376841926
I don't mind games that prioritize offense, it's just that SFV found a way to do that and make it fucking boring at the same time. Why you would make a rushdown-oriented game and not have any combo freedom or depth to reward creativity and practice is beyond me. If I'm playing a rushdown game I might as well play one of the ones that have fun combos to work on and perform. I don't even want to divulge into why v-trigger is fucking cancer either because that will just turn into another wall of text, but no character should have a 7frame fullscreen gap closer that can be canceled to be plus on block.

It's just another product of the fallacy that simpler games bring in more players.
>>
>>376842889
Half of what you said is bullshit. The game is simpler sure, but it still has depth; core mechanics are solid; "battle design" isn't even a thing; cast plays similarly but is still pretty diverse (just look at how differently Ryu is from Ken, for example); they added moves to characters as well as removed them... The rest is true to a certain point but pretty exaggerated. Seems like you just brought up every little criticism of a game and turning them up to 11 to make it sound worse than it is.
>>
>>376843930
>core mechanics are solid; "battle design" isn't even a thing
Either you are fucking retarded or you are trolling
>>
>>376843930
>core mechanics are solid
And which of the 2 mechanics are you referring to?
>>
File: 1487957604819.jpg (33KB, 434x630px) Image search: [Google]
1487957604819.jpg
33KB, 434x630px
>>376844059
So what is "battle design"? Enlighten me.
>>
>>376838926
Its not bad but it could be alot better and the way they handle updates leaves so little to be desired
>>
>>376844306
The game is well balanced, bugs are kept to a minimum, hitboxes are logical, the V system works fluently in the context of the game. Yeah its not perfect, but it is well crafted.
>>
File: 1493153538281s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1493153538281s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>376838926
Fuck off and kill yourself anon. Fucking game installed a rootkit onto my pc. It deserves the hate it gets. Stop defending malware you dipshit.
>>
>>376838926
Hi Peter.
Did Woshige get fired yet?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.