[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bg 1, 2, IWD, or all?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Baldur's_Gate_box.png (385KB, 407x494px) Image search: [Google]
Baldur's_Gate_box.png
385KB, 407x494px
Worth playing them all or should I skip any (like bg1)?
>>
>>376838450
Play them all. BG2 makes more sense if you play 1 first. IWD happens decades before BG, but does have a small shout-out or two to BG
>>
go ahead and skip all of them
>>
>>376838450
Play them all.

Get the BG TuTu or BG Trilogy mod (either or, can't have both) though. You'll be glad you did.
>>
>>376838450
BG 1 and 2 WITH MODS TO FIX THE COMBAT.

IWD is just a hack n slash, so if you love BG's combat, you may play them, but even for just combat temple of elemental evil is FAR superior.
>>
skip IWD, it's extremely dull unless you have a fetish for snow settings
BG1 is a mandatory lead-in for BG2 and it's a lot better than people make it out to be
>>
All. Provided you actually enjoy their individual styles. BG1 is very open worldy. There's a main plot but for the vast, vast majority of the content is "what's over here? oh neat / OH FUCK".

BG2 is very more main story driven. There's still a metric assload of optional content, but it feels much more tightly narrated. Generally considered to have much better pacing than BG1, but it depends on your tastes.

IWD has a story but it's more atmospheric than really driven by its story. It's fairly straightforward, but lonelier and gloomier (in a good way), and you go through the entire game with the party you make at the start. IWD2 is basically the same thing. Honestly I go back and forth on whether I prefer the BGs or IWDs.

PS:T is VERY linear and VERY story driven to the point where combat can be almost nonexistent if you want to play it that way, but it's fucking fantastic from a story / writing / roleplaying perspective.
>>
>>376839076
Not combat wise. Combat wise it's absolute ass.

It's why you should get TuTu or BGT.
>>
>>376838937
>>376839021
Ignore these retards
If you need mods to enjoy the games you're a moron
Avoid EE like the plague as well
>>
>>376839304
Mods make BG2 so much better. There's a shitload of bugs (several abilities don't even work), and if you specialize in the wrong weapon types there's not even viable late game weapons available for many types, or not very much variety. I played through BG2 a few times before huge mods were a thing, but bugfixes and giving you more flexibility are great additions to an already great game.
>>
>>376839304
>Avoid EE like the plague as well
We're going to need more intel.
>>
>>376839597
His response will be something something muh SJWs.

I, being far superior to him in every conceivable way, will give you a better response. The main reason not to use EE is not all the mods are converted over. The converter ones are but several popular mods that got finished and then abandoned years ago never did.
>>
>>376839820
Thank you.
Seeing as I already own EE, I may as well do a run through that first.
Modding on your first playthrough is a sin after all
>>
>>376839583
>Going two hander as a warrior
> Best weapon is pally exclusive
At least the talking sword was cool.
>>
Play IWD after BG, it feels like in the same universe somewhere far away with a slightly different play style to it. Helps with giving you another Infinity Engine dose if you are feeling withdrawals.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.