[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Industry saving video games are shitted on for no reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 0484aacd69e2bba6236405026d951a6e.jpg (736KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0484aacd69e2bba6236405026d951a6e.jpg
736KB, 1920x1080px
What is it with this new trend that /v/ literally doesn't like video games anymore?

It would seem company fanboys feel so insecure about the other companies that they feel the need to do EVERYTHING in their might to shit on it, even if that entails lying.
And lie they certainly do.

They will blatantly tell you how gameplay feels to play for games they have never played in their life.

They will predict bad scores for a game only to get BTFO later on. Even then, they will continue to say everything else they previously stated "was true" and that the reviewers "were bribed", even though there is no real evidence of this.

Since when did we want games to fail? I thought we wanted this industry to succeed?

Even if the game doesn't have a season pass/cut content/exclusive game content /v/ will shit on it no matter how hypocritical it will appear to be.

Their most hyped up game can be ridden with season pass/exclusive blocked off content while the game on the competitors platform is bullet proof to these critiques.

Is it because you are being paid?
>>
>>376833991
>I thought we wanted this industry to succeed?
it already is a success, it doesn't need 'saving' you sensationalist retarded it's a multi-billion dollar industry
>>
>>376834132
/v/ keeps complaining that video games are shit nowadays. So you are saying the military is a success because its in use alot? Isn't that the opposite of what we want?
>>
>>376833991
P5 was not much better than p4. Mediocre vns and mediocre dungeon crawlers.

Ffxv and Nier 2 are flawed as fuck.

Frankly the only industry saving game lately was BoTW which made gameplay and gameplay based game design something good to other goys.

Its the first game in a long time to be praised for being a game and not a movie. Even the people who usually defend walking simulators had to concede that games CAN be games. And gameplay is not a bad word.

Lately gameplay for journos, indie devs and redditors became a bad word, its.whats holding back artsy videogames to them. But they had to apologize. Evem John Walker (Brianna wu) had to apologize to Nintendo.

Botw saved gameplay based design.
Persona 5 is frankly antigameplay and promovies.
>>
>>376834702
>Botw saved gameplay based design.
>Persona 5 is frankly antigameplay and promovie
But season passes are fine right? Exactly what OP was talking about.
>>
>>376835121
P5 has a shit ton of dlc and sooner than later a 60 bucks season pass in the form of a revised edition. Eat shit faggot because you know its true.

You choose really a bad game to talk about videogame practices.
>>
>What is it with this new trend that /v/ literally doesn't like video games anymore
hey good looking are you new in town?
>>
>>376833991
You are the only one paid here, shill.
>>
>>376833991
Oh please, a pseudo-pokemon game isn't saving the industry. Listen to this >>376835467 anon. Don't act like Fatlus is clean. Fuck off.
>>
>>376833991
>virgin-pandering waifushit
>saving video games

Fascinating stuff.
>>
>>376835467
All cosmetic. It isn't game content perse.
>>
>>376835745
He did it
>>
>>376833991
No one cares about your stupid sjw shit: Japan edition. Leave shill
>>
>>376833991
>Is it because you are being paid?
Our "rivals" are too broke to afford Persona 5. So that can't be the reason. I think it is because they are mad that it isn't on "their" system.
>>
>>376833991
/v/ is contrarian as fuck, but no single game is industry saving or earth shattering. Good games are good games, and Persona and Nier and Zelda are just that. Good games that at most will inspire 'me toos' and shitposting here. Don't make it out to be grand.
>>
>>376834425
thats a terrible analogy, it's a multi-billion dollar industry because that's how much it makes, not how much they spend
>>
>>376835745
>pseudo-pokemon
>when SMT predate Pokemon
>>
>>376837146
Military industry also earns billions. What is your point?
>>
>>376833991
>sequel rehash saves gaming

it gets shit on because of stupid opinions like this and because it has 5 waifu-worship threads up at all time.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.