[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUDE RELIGION IS BAD LMAO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1295.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1295.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
DUDE RELIGION IS BAD LMAO
>>
t. triggered christcuck
>>
It's Kiwi lore.
>Oriath is Britain
>Wraeclast is New Zealand
>In less than a thousand years, a legendary warrior will rise up and defeat the ruling power of Britain
>>
>>376831569
Im not saying I dislike Act 4, but man, this whole "totally not roman empire" thing is just meh.
Also wanting 10$ for a currency stash tab thats not only mandatory if you want to save space and time but should also be in the game by default is just sick.,

I remember when that shit wasnt expensive as hell, back when they only had the halo and other stuff
>>
>>376831717
Wrong. It's
>Oriath is NZ
>Wreaclast is Australia
It even fits with the whole exiled thing, dropbears etc. I bet there will be lots of kiwis runnning around in Oriath.
>>
File: IMG_1293.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1293.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>
File: 1466261855788-trash.jpg (269KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466261855788-trash.jpg
269KB, 800x600px
>>376831569
>implying it isn't
>>
>>376831942
I never actually thought about that before.
That would actually fit better too, cause we've never seen the landscape of Oriath. We know Wraeclast is sizable and sprawling, which NZ is not.
>>
>>376831569

DUDE NAZIS LMAO
>>
>durr i believe in magic. God is great! Praise it brethren!

Jesus Christ, get w o k e faggot
>>
File: IM NO BEAST OF BURDEN.png (253KB, 364x631px) Image search: [Google]
IM NO BEAST OF BURDEN.png
253KB, 364x631px
>following a dead religion
>>
File: marauder.jpg (23KB, 338x448px) Image search: [Google]
marauder.jpg
23KB, 338x448px
>ooga booga stick hit god
poe is deep
>>
Somehow it became edgy to not believe in magic beard man in the sky
>>
Religion IS bad in Path of Exile.

Consider, the tribals followed their warlord whose "religion" was nothing but conducting war and butchery. Their religion is objectively shit and it's no wonder their prophet is burning in a hellish afterlife.

The Vaal worshiped a vain, utterly evil lunatic empress who treacherously sacrificed her entire kingdom just to become an eternal goddess.

Malachia used alchemy to bring a gibbering Cthulhian daemon-god beast out of the 9th dimension and he tried to fuse with it to become a god.

Wraeclast doesn't have any benevolent gods.
>>
Imagine a world
Without religion
>>
>>376833619

What about Mr. Krabs
>>
>>376832271
thats fucking cool as shit
>>
File: IMG_1287.png (346KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1287.png
346KB, 1334x750px
DUDE FUCK RELIGION

EVIL NUNS LMAO
>>
>>376831569
NOT AS BAD AS THAT GAME THOUGH LMAO
>>
>>376831569
Have you seen the state of the middle east?
>>
>can no longer criticize religion without being regarded as a fedora-tipping fatso on the internet

>everything else (videogames, politics, gender, movies, anime, food, sports) gets a free pass.

I want pre-2010 back.
>>
>Wraeclast is Earth
Good meme lmao
>>
File: god's an oc.png (101KB, 1330x231px) Image search: [Google]
god's an oc.png
101KB, 1330x231px
>>376831569
>>
>>376834313
presumably he just wants to drown everyone while tricking us with that mermaid on his head
>>
>>376831569
Can't wait for 3.0 FUCK
>>
File: 1488290332300.png (142KB, 415x367px) Image search: [Google]
1488290332300.png
142KB, 415x367px
>>376834491
>>
When is Oriath out?
>>
DUDE RELIGION IS INFALLIBLE AND PERFECT AND NOTHING EVER GOES WRONG

LMAO
>>
>>376831569
wants to play it... anyone got a bot? i heard its like diablo 2
>>
>play jap game
>enemy is god
>>
>>376832225
We will see soon enough
>>
>>376835536
DUDE I CAN ONLY THINK IN EXTREMES

LMAO
>>
PoE has plot?
>>
>>376834642
Just call easily impressionable retards on their bullshit. If they don't provide an amusing or meaningful argument then they are baiting.
>>
>>376834642
It's just memes, none of these dorks go to church.
>>
>>376832271
I bet my gf would want this guy to fuck her
>>
>>376831804
$10 for a single tab ?
Wait for the monthly sale you retard
I got a bundle for 14$ of 7 tabs
>>
No, friendo.

Path of Exile is bad.
>>
>>376835836
Fairly decent plot, but it's all mostly backstory plot hidden in conversations and text dumps.
>>
>>376835598
>play western game
>enemy is colonialism
>>
>>376835836
Yes, it's more about more than story itself currently. Sure, you are doing something, but you don't see how it changes the world and characters really. With 10 act I assume the story will become much more prevalent and clearer.
>>
>>376836265
When I tried playing it I couldn't be bothered to follow the plot. The voice acting was boring, the plot seemed boring and it felt like they just slapped it on for the sake of it and YET at the same time it felt like they were trying too hard with it. I just skipped dialogues past act 2 and then found gameplay to be repetitive as well (I was trying a build that's called sunder earthquake or something like that, can't really remember well). I like diablo 2 and 3 because they at least require me to use multiple skills. After playing a kicksin I can't go back to 1 skill builds.
>>
>>376833269
People grew up, that's what changed.
You don't have to believe in the actual deity, but dismissing it as "magic beard man in the sky" is also dismissing the entire culture of morality that magic beard man actually represents.
>>
>>376835836

In the same way that the Souls series has "plot"

You can just play the game "me hit glowing big angry thing, shinies come out" and not give any fucks about it. But if you do care, you can piece together some pretty expansive and interesting backstory through NPC dialogue and unique item descriptons.

Every act has it's own contained story of why you have to kill all the stuff you are killing. However there is also an sort of an overarching grand mystery story of why everything is as fucked up as it. All the act stories tie into this big mystery and make it clearer bit by bit.

It's actually pretty good overall. Better than most Diablo-like stories for sure. There are plenty of people who theorycraft about the still uncertain aspects of the story and mainly want acts 5-10 for the new lore informaton they will bring.
>>
>>376836809
You can be very dismissive of a religion without being dismissive of a person. That's why we have things called opinions.
>>
>>376836869
Funny, because I love the story and world of Dark Souls.

Diablo's story is very simple and even childish but I like how over the top and edgy it is. PoE's story seems similarly simple and edgy but I feel like it's not self aware in it and it puts me off.
>>
>>376836809
>culture of morality
Pro-tip: when someone uses a phrase like "X culture" or "culture of X," it's because they desperately want their particular ultrasimple ideology to be true.
>>
>>376835836
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEWoX0CHSdI
explains a lot of poe
>>
>DUDE GOD LOVES YOU A LOT
>BUT IF YOU HAVE A WANK YOU'RE GOING TO HELL FOREVER
>>
>>376836219
Average PoE apolygist - the tab IS on sale for fucking 60 points.
>>
>>376837216
No fun allowed.
>>
>>376836809
>you have to be religious to possess morality
Morality is subjective to begin with.
>>
>>376837171
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I was referring to the culture of loving thy neighbor, turning the other cheek, and essentially emulating Jesus that Christianity is about.

People who have Christian heritage still abide by these general rules of morality whether they identify as Christian or not, but it's the Christian religion that pushes this sort of morality.

I don't personally believe in God, but I feel that the morality, the culture with its festivals, art and things that bring people together, are more valuable than the deity itself. It's a cultural background that connects you to other people. And it's a good one.
>>
>>376833625
Better yet, imagine a world with one religion.

Islam: nothing but destruction
Judaism: nothing but greed and an extreme split between upper and lower classes.
Everything else: literally perfect.

It's only two religions that are causing shit in the world. Christians and Hindus are the only ones fighting back and because of that they're seen as the enemy by the Jewish ruled Islam apologist media.
>>
>>376837171
>culture of X
Pro-Tip: when someone insults your semantics with out pointing out anything specific in your argument they don't really know when they're talking about.
>>
>HEY IM GOD I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH
>HEY WAIT DID THAT CUNT JUST MIX FABRICS
>HELL NAW SON, YOU GET TO BURN FOR ETERNITY
>>
>>376836518
m8 Voice acting is one of the best parts of PoE. Even if you only ever listen to the first few words of every conversation.
>>
>>376837464
People living in other cultures often follow very similar rules, Christianity is not exclusive in forbidding murdering people and a whole bunch of other things.
>>
>I'M AN ALL-POWERFUL OMNISCIENT BEING THAT CAN DO ANYTHING
>HERE, TALK TO THIS FLAMING SHRUBBERY BECAUSE I'M TOTALLY BUSY
>>
>>376837540
>Everything else: literally perfect.
>Christians

Eeeeeeeeeeeh
>>
>>376836308
>10 acts
You basically become the devourer of gods. You kill them and take their powers for yourself.
>There will be 4 major Gods, of which you can have 1 power active at a time
>There will be many, something like 20, minor Gods, of which you can have 1 or 2 (I forget) powers active at a time
>Powers will become stronger as you kill major entities who either relate or are thematically similar to a given power throughout Maps
>There may also be a mutual exclusivity between 2 of the major Gods until late Maps when you kill the other one's map version
Specifically the Unbound Sisters, Solaris and Lunaris. Act 3 has been hinting at a "side with one kill the other" sort of thing.
>>
>>376837050

That's sad to hear.

What exactly didn't you like about it? I thought that PoE not only presents it's backstory in similar ways to Dark Souls, but shares a lot of similar motifs as well. For example the whole cycles thing where one civilization inevitably falls and another has to rise up and attempt to prevent the apocalypse again, only to fail and so on.

While I agree that that some parts the gore goes a bit over the top (hello Piety's golden Auschwitz). I don't think that the story is too simple. I mean, there are just so many different plotlines and little stories within the world, many of which have nothing to do with carnage and corruption.

Perhaps you played before they introduced all the lore curios in zones? I could definitely see how the backstory could seem pretty bland back then. Since much of the most interesting stuff is contained within those and parts of the games that came after.
>>
Where is a good overall PoE lore dump explanation? I haven't' kept up since release of Dominus, around that time.
>>
>>376837968
Get over it. You know as well as I do that modern Christians don't do the shit that Muslims do and they're not as greedy as the Jews.
>>
>>376831569
>I unironically believe in god and post on 4chan
>>
>>376838170
I don't like Dark Souls for its cycles, that's been done many times before and I much prefer a Groundhog Day loop style of it. I like going after the truth behind it all, even if it ends up being headcanon in large part, as well as characters and their struggle in keeping sanity. A lot of it is the same as in Berserk before it went jrpg happy times.

I'm not gonna lie, PoE turned me off with its really boring areas a lot. Auschwitz was fun but everything else was bland as hell. When I played Diablo 2 as a kid I remember how I was wondering what was the monastery like before the demons came or what's around Lut Gholein, how do people cope with all the demons, what culture there was in Kurast and who the fuck are all these angels and demons like Lilith. I felt like I was actually doing something, chasing after the devil but always one step behind until I finally found him and he simply laughed. In PoE I go around very empty locations and nothing really piques my interest.
>>
>>376831569
Have you seen the true face of God, exile?
>>
>>376831670
'sup triggered christcuck
>>
>>376838203
Like shooting up abortion clinics, f'rinstance.
>>
>>376837216
9gag tier post tbqh
>>
>>376837216
All sins are equal, thinking about a qt is the same as jacking off to her is the same as cumming inside while she's married to someone else.
However, depending on which cult you happen to believe the teachings of, you can rub some prayer beads and say Mary a lot and it's ok.

In for a chicken, in for a cow!
>>
>>376841305
see
>>376841057
>>
>>376841506
see
>>376841057
>>
> Path of Energy Shield.
>>
>>376831804
the game is free. you must be of low intelligence to make your comment.

you're acting like you have to buy the belt slot or something. the issue is they make armour assets privledged, not keen on that. wouldn't we all prefer more art for uniques and such instead. either way neither act is 'sick' at all as we can enjoy a majority of their content and work for absolutely nothing
>>
If you truly believe in God you're a moron.
>>
>>376842134
>the game is free. you must be of low intelligence to make your comment.
Poe Apolygists, everyone.
>>
>dude there are like 100 religions in this game but i'm going to be triggered anyway lmao
>>
>>376843743
There's like 2

The sort of religion the Templars follow and tribalman religion of Kaom
>>
>Make a game with tons of customization
>Make it so difficult you have to follow guides to proceed past nightmare and beyond

Doesn't help that the game is cash shop as fuck and drop rates are shit.
>>
thinking of getting into the game again

how do I get past act 1?
>>
>>376844307
You kill the squid lady in the cave then leave to act 2
>>
>>376842134
He is right, however. The game excessively promotes hoarding everything which is needlessly difficult as F2P currently.
>Gotta use Mules
The Currency Tab alone is so much fucking better than F2P, being able to hold basically every drop of currency you ever collect in a given League, it's absurd.
And the best part is, you can tell exactly when they decided to start pushing the hoarding issue.
>The first 12 full Leagues Path of Exile had features various game mechanics that either increased difficulty, generated more loot, or both, ranging from simple things like Anarchy and Onslaught to complex things like Warbands and Tempest, but never produced new loot beyond specific Unique items and what have you
>Then they consolidated the Leagues so both Soft and Hardcore could experience everything without having to make a Soft and a Hard character
>Talisman featured having to pick up fucking tons of Talismans for Stone Altars, which required 5 different ones across 3 tiers of hoarding them just to fight the major boss
>Which required tons of space if you wanted to reasonably get the best loot (125 Talismans for a single Rig kill with no way to improve tier like in Legacy now)
>Perandus flooded you with coins, not too horrible in the hoarding department thankfully, also one of the best Leagues ever
>Prophecy was also not too bad with Silver Coins and Sealed Prophecies if you wanted to actually use them efficiently
>Essence flooded you with Essences which were predominantly trash
>Breach flooded you with Splinters, Breachstones, and Breach Rings (which weren't very good ever)
Also Divination Cards.
>We designed them so people can farm for what they want
>Actually have drop rates that are shittier than the item they give
>Now better to just randomly find from Divination Card chests which were spawning far too often so they had to heavily Nerf their spawn rate
>Legacy floods you with Leaguestones
>>
>>376844362
I know

I've done it like 20 times already when I last played the game and before that. A1 bores me to tears.

No skills, shitty environment, 0 challenge
>>
>>376844450
You can complete A1 in like an hour.
>>
>>376844450
Find a more fun skill and realize that when you hit merc the difficulty spikes ridiculously
>>
fall of oriath looks amazing so far tbqh famalam
>>
>>376844703
>you hit merc the difficulty spikes ridiculously
>marauder from ages ago before PoE was on steam is still normal league
>want to try legacy
>have to slog through the whole shit again just to hit merc

Im better off looking for a build online, but I dont want a fucking totem build and I cant find budget shield builds.
>>
>>376844647

Not even that

Didn't some guy clear the entirety of normal (4 acts for those you are not familiar with how difficulties work) in like 1h 30min recently?
>>
>>376844647
you can conplete a1 in 20 minutes anon
>>
If only the game didn't run like shit
>>
>>376844896

The difficulty of pre endgame map content is greatly overblown.

You can easily clear everything up to like tier 7-8 maps (that means all of normal, cruel, merciless, labyrinths and low tier endgame maps) with whatever random bumfuck build you can think of and rares you pick up off the ground.

Netbuilding and trading is for min maxers and people who want to do the absolute most difficult content (guardians and shaper pretty much).
>>
>>376844647
>>376845056
If you know what you're doing, sure. I was giving a realistic estimate for a noob.
>>
>>376845581
For a new player stepping into merc usually means getting 2 hit because of bad defensives

Obviously experienced players can make homebrew builds work. It you would be surprised
>>
>>376837270
That's 6$ Not 10$
>>
File: wasd.jpg (24KB, 503x198px) Image search: [Google]
wasd.jpg
24KB, 503x198px
>>376846517
Because I can magically buy 60 points for 6$.
>>
One of the most boring games I've ever played.

Acts 1 and 2 are so fucking awful.

Literally kill a dumbass mermaid and some generic robot while navigating through shitty beaches and jungles. Act 3 is where the game actually gets good.
>>
>>376847890
PoEs strength is that it had the best character building in video games really guy now

The combat is honestly mediocre as fuck, the environments leave much to be desired

But god damn is building your character good
>>
File: 1494679687791.jpg (613KB, 1280x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1494679687791.jpg
613KB, 1280x1836px
If you describe the whole point of something in the most stupid way possible in your head, then of course it sounds less interesting.

>DUDE BUREAUCRACY AND WORLD WAR 2 LMAO
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.