[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Out of touch companies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: SonicForcesClassic.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SonicForcesClassic.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
ITT: Out of touch companies
>>
File: SI_GenericNintendo.jpg (73KB, 844x422px) Image search: [Google]
SI_GenericNintendo.jpg
73KB, 844x422px
>>376831510
>>
Capcom: The Thread
>>
File: 343-industries-logo.jpg (4KB, 626x350px) Image search: [Google]
343-industries-logo.jpg
4KB, 626x350px
These guys.
>>
>>376833705
Also Microsoft by extension.

>Ruined Halo after Bungie left
>"Xbone is the new watercooler"
>Windows 10. The OS, the store and everything related to their efforts to cash in on PC gaming

This is a company I would like to see burn to the ground in my lifetime.
>>
>>376833818
If the rumors are true, and the place is actually a disorganized nightmare that's grown too large to control, I'd feel bad for the poor codemonkeys.
>>
>>376833928
Honestly I hope that's the case and Scorpio's a failure.

I'm not even being a Sony or Nintendo fanboy my main platform is PC but I wish M$ would bow out and fuck off from gaming entirely.

Their presence since the OG Xbox era has worsened the console space, paid online being the main issue.
>>
>>376834562
From what I've heard, the company is basically controlled chaos. Like some sort of comp-sci themed Souls world, nobody has any idea who is in charge and what should be happening, which is why all their stuff seems so poorly conceived and hardly works.
>>
>>376833928
why do you think most of the early microsoft monkeys cashed their stock out and left in the 90's? ballmer is a fucking madman and he may not be in control anymore but hes definitely still 'in control'
>>
>>376835190
That sounds like something I heard a while back. Can't remember where though.

Here's hoping hey implode and Linux gaming takes off as a result of Microsoft wanting to be Apple.
>>
>>376835346
If Ballmer really was still in control I feel like Microsoft wouldn't have attempted putting their Xbox stuff on PC like they've been doing recently.
>>
>>376835919
thats just one thing though, and seeing as ballmer cant look 'in control' i wouldnt doubt he has to give in a little in some aspects.
>>
>>376833705
This is the biggest example. They had the Halo audience, 10 million guaranteed sales, and they "hired people who did not like Halo" and tried to make something different.
Now Halo games are lucky to sell 4 million, a cutoff that other, smaller companies would say does not warrant a sequel.
>>
>>376836542
Halo shouldn't have continued with the Master Chief anyways. The Legendary ending implied that Halo and Marathon were connected to one another, and possibly that the Chief and Marathon Man are the same person.

Then 4 retconned it to draw out the series longer, and now there's we're presented with this forerunner shit that's paled in comparison.

I dodged a bullet by skipping 4 onward.
>>
File: ERASE.png (159KB, 676x580px) Image search: [Google]
ERASE.png
159KB, 676x580px
>>376833928
>>376835190
The codebase certainly is, I'll post something off /g/ when I get home.

But the main thing to know is they're totally strangled by having to support every single old, broken, and decrepit application that comes along.

Linux doesn't have the same issue as A. the core operating system is incredibly basic, B. most things are open source and an autist will always come by to port things.
>>
>>376836958
The Linux kernel actually has a policy of never breaking userspace as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.