[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video games are not art.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1494696790792.jpg (13KB, 339x224px) Image search: [Google]
1494696790792.jpg
13KB, 339x224px
Video games are not art. Bunch of loosers sitting a home wasting hours and hour on virtual world just because you are trying to scape from this world just because the world is shitty and you cant handle it you use videogames to scape from reality. How can this be an art?
>>
>>376828331
-10/10

try harder
>>
>>376828331
Op here
*scape
>>
File: da3.png (91KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
91KB, 800x600px
>>376828331
"Loosers"
>>
File: t39z6txdrc34.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
t39z6txdrc34.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
that depends, do you consider literature to be art?
Cause it pretty much does the same job as vidya but arguably worse of a job, it requires creativity yet chemistry and structure, i could make a jumbled shitfest of a game and call it abstract vidya, but that would just be a solitary experience like looking at a Picasso painting, I do agree that if you are just farming xp on wow you aren't doing anything creative but many elements of games including story and aesthetics require creative minds and allow creative responses,
faggot
>>
>>376828969
There is nothing creative about a video game.
>>
>>376828331
>cares about the definition of art.

Unless you're a museum curator or textbook author there's no reason at all to give a shit about the exact definition and scope of art.
>>
All art is escapism
>>
>>376829448
This. Art, like artificial, like not reality.
>>
>>376829387
Typical video gamer response
>>
>>376829704
It's the same response anyone into art would give you
>>
What do you gain/lose from it being/not being art? In other words, why do you give a shit?
>>
File: 1422715197926.jpg (66KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
1422715197926.jpg
66KB, 500x640px
>>376828331
>>
>>376829814
That's not the point. OP doesn't know what art is at all. I mean, it's a troll post, but if it weren't, it would've meant that OP can't tell the difference between art in general and high art, or that all video games are different, or that having one or many creators has nothing to do with whether something is or isn't art. OP
s just kidding, but there are enough of people who simply don't know the difference.
>>
>>376829704
Thanks anon. Why, video games indeed are my artistic medium of choice.
>>
>>376829154
That statement is an opinion, faggot,
if the game in question is tennis 2017 then yeah i agree, but paper mario thousand year door has a color palette, characters with art aspects, music design, map layouts, backdrops, sounds, dialogue a story, these things have interchangeable elements that can be injected with different variables at many different points, the decisions made to make these things the way they are are objective, if im making a tennis game i have no artistic opinion on it, i cant make my character have jetpack legs and a cursed tennis racket that shoots lazers but in a fictional game i can, i have an artistic opinion that can affect the development of my product and how many individuals will react to said product.
>>
Books do the exact same thing. Is literature not art?
>>
>>376830182
op got rekt
>>
>>376829814
Living in germany, I actually stand to gain something from vidya being recognized as art: Freedom from censorship.
>>
I like to think games fall under a entertainment spectrum.

One side is simulator, and the other end is art
>>
>>376830729
That sucks mane.
in my opinion the people who submit to social justice with their game series let their sales act as punishment for doing so, this trend will likely die, i just hope Elder Scrolls 6 doesn't subject to i.
>>
>>376831049
It's not so much social justice as the remnant of denazification. Generally, you're not allowed to use nazi symbolism (in public, in certain ways, games fall under that), but there's a constitutional right for the freedom of artistic expression that supersedes this.

Hence, we get nazis movies, but "the regime" or "the enemy" in games.
>>
>>376831049
Using political themes is a powerful argument for legitimizing something as art.

While you personally might not like that stuff in your games, it might actually work toward Germany's advantage if they want to de-censor vidja.
>>
>>376830729
Maybe you shouldn't have started...oh, wait, the British did that. Sorry.
>>
File: You are retarded.jpg (59KB, 800x732px) Image search: [Google]
You are retarded.jpg
59KB, 800x732px
>>376828331
I think OP is literally pretending to be retarded
>>
>>376830182
/thread
>>
>>376828331
That argument also applies to most movies, novels and paintings that aren't slavish recreations of real world happenings.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.