[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this game so much better than MK7, 8, Deluxe, etc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 10

File: mkds.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mkds.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
This game is like the posterchild for "graphics don't matter."

It is still a 10/10, whereas the other Marios all feel like they have something missing.
>>
>>376824745
You just played it back when you still used to like video games, nostalgia is hell of a drug.
>>
It was good, but nostalgia was the main reason why you liked it
>>
>spend a good 5 hours doing Tick Tick Clock time trials in Deluxe
>remember it's a DS track
>go back and have a look
holy shit did MKDS look like ass, the only thing the other Marios are missing is ROB
>>
>>376824745
Best portable game maybe. The last that truly took advantage of things outside of the console's power. Ended up being very comfy.

But no, it's ridiculous to say it's a better game than 8. I fucking hate /v/'s hyperbole and sensationalism because it's just criminal at times.
>>
DS is easily the worst entry in the series bar Super Circut and I can't wait for all the DS kiddies to grow up so we don't have to hear about it constantly.
>>
>>376824745
>they have something missing
Like snaking?
>>
>>376824745
It isn't. You're just a shitposting poorfag who can't afford anything else.
You're probably young too and unironically have nostalgia for a title as new as MK DS. Lmao.
>>
>>376825547
>12 years ago
>new
>>
I miss snaking
>>
Game was okay, and I really enjoyed the single player challenges. I wish they had more of that in the later titles. It was still better than Mario Kart Wii, but that is easily the worst game in the series.

That being said, MK7 laid the groundwork for consistently better games onward. Bless you, Retro Studios.

Also fuck dry bones snakers.
>>
>>376825630
If you feel nostalgic over some game that came out 12 years ago because that's when you were a kid you need to get the fuck out of /v/, thanks.
>>
>>376825325
It's impossible to control your kart the way you want in MK8. It feels more like a Pac-man skating game. MKDS has some good heft to it, fun tracks, and the best collection of power-ups. Yeah it's missing coins so it's not as good as Super or Super Circuit, but it's better than MK8 where it doesn't feel like coins matter. The faster racer is going to snatch them all in the end, not the better player.
>>
>it's a /v/ Misses The Wave Dashing of Mario Kart episode

Wah wah
>>
>>376825258
>MKDS looked like ass

Nigga, it was a DS game from 2005. It looked fucking great for its time. Whether or not it has aged well is another question.
>>
>>376825715
im 22 years old so ill stay, thanks

maybe it's time to grow up and move on grampa, get a fucking trainset or something
>>
>>376825258
>the only thing the other Marios are missing is ROB

Oh man, this. I wanna race with ROB on legs again
>>
>>376824745
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XseR_Xv5J0

top notch music

we will never get a better market than ds or wii

what is with Nintendo and fucking clone characters. who the actual fuck is asking for this?
>>
>>376825796
>22
Like I said, get the fuck out of here you trash kid. And take your "DAE le mk7 childhood" with you.
>>
>>376824745
the skill curve was how good you was at glitching

i just want to come home from work and unwind

i dont want to sit their clawing away at the controller
>>
>>376825786
There is no such thing as "aging." If a game looked bad then it looks bad now. But MKDS still looks amazing.
>>
>>376824745
Was this that stupid game where literally everyone snaked 100% of the time on every course?
>>
File: 1484926211171.jpg (126KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484926211171.jpg
126KB, 333x500px
>>376824745
Some say it was the last good MK game that catered to veterans.
>>
was that the game were only one person needed the game and like 8 people could play?
>>
>>376825890
>get the fuck out of here
nope ;)

I'm in the majority, it's time for YOU to go now gramps. Your time has passed.
>>
>>376825786
I know but it was legitmately jarring. My mind filled in all these blanks that just weren't there, still a fun game but shieet.
>>
>>376825941
>there is no such thing as "aging"

Yes there is you retard
>>
>>376825813
MKDD > Wii

Wii sucked because it was all luck-based. On top of that the stages felt like they played themselves. Worst game I ever rented.
>>
>>376825941

>There is no such thing as "aging."

PS1/N64 generation begs to differ.
>>
>>376825760
I think what you're getting at is that from Wii onwards all the karts start turning really sharp if keep trying to turn in one direction for a couple of seconds. It does feel stupid and I don't like it, it almost feels like auto-steering or something.
>>
>>376826092
Whatever helps you rationalize your shit tastes.
>>
>>376825983
Yeah. You and seven Shy Guys up your ass provided your friends had a DS but somehow no Mario Kart.
>>
8 DELUXE > DS > 8 = 7 >>>>>>>>> ALL AGED HORRIBLY >>>>>>> double dash

Is sad how double dash was the one that aged the worst.
>>
Threadly reminder that if you hate snaking then you are massive casuals that hate any kind of room for skill in multiplayer games and are the reason Nintendo has been killing all their multiplayer series.
>>
aren't the differences between mario kart games trivial
>>
>>376826306
double dash is great fuck off

way better than all the titles before it
>>
File: 1494663052588.jpg (41KB, 778x708px) Image search: [Google]
1494663052588.jpg
41KB, 778x708px
>>376825376
>DS is worse than Wii, 64 and the original
>>
>>376826395
I can't tell Mario Kart games apart starting with Wii, but every Mario Kart game was extraordinarily unique before that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSZYKvLmxyA
>>
File: 1474841900128.jpg (73KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474841900128.jpg
73KB, 600x500px
How did we go from this
https://youtu.be/_K8UdnLNSKQ
https://youtu.be/tQd1ipGbKKM

https://youtu.be/wYOOi_eMWmQ?list=PLqrlkIVyDLs94po3vVoBNvuE7vhaSs4w7

https://youtu.be/w4Z9FzXLJJU
https://youtu.be/2XseR_Xv5J0

https://youtu.be/F8sq7h69x1w
https://youtu.be/6F2018vMS_M
(nintendo started making music progress being based on the layers of the menu)

https://youtu.be/swN_u3fJGTs
https://youtu.be/skKCMKTlxnA
to this
https://youtu.be/Y_PpMmj4Nlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhUt80gPMB8
>>
>>376826326
>no snaking
>tech gets removed from 8 to Deluxe
>even the "hop left and right" one that takes maybe one course of practice
NO MINOR SKILLS
ALL ITEMS NICE COINS FAGGOT
>>
>>376826552
Are you saying MK8's title theme is bad?
>>
This game is right behind mk64 in fun

The game felt meaty and kinda fast

it wasnt as good as mk64 and they will never top that
>>
>>376826646
its completely absent of something the other menus/character selects had.
>>
>>376826149
I'm not that guy, but games with distinct visual styles from that generation can still stand out today.

Obviously hardware gets better, and graphical fidelity with it, but that doesn't make the stuff from the past worse than it was when it came out. It is the juxtaposition between the two that you notice.
>>
>>376826421
Have you actually play it in the last 10 years? The game has aged so bad, is clunky as fuck and feels horrible, unless you have't play any mario kart game pass double dash you are full of shit.
>>
I liked how you could combine different karts with different weight classes, and I liked the missions as well. They should bring the missions back to be honest
>>
>>376826768
It's based off of Super Mario Kart's instead of 64's (which is in turn based off of SMK). I thought it was a nice touch.
>>
>>376826712
Super Mario Kart is still the best. 64 doesn't have coins or rear-view vision (which would not be as impressive as it is to have camera control in a 2D game even if it did have it, not to mention the items in MK7 or whenever they added that back in are all OP).
>>
>>376826552
MKds > MK7 > MKwii > MK8 > MK64
>>
>>376826586
LETS NOT FORGET THE TRANSITION FROM WEAPONS THAT HIT YOU AND YOU GO FLYING AND IT IS RANDOM HOW MANY TIMES YOU BOUNCE OR YOU CAN LAND PERFECTLY

TO ONE GOD DAMN FLIP
OR ONE GOD DAMN SPIN

NINTENDO IS LAZY AS FUCK NOW A DAYS

ALSO THERE IS NO LEVELS WITH OBSTACLES

ALL OF THEM FEEL LIKE BUMPER BOWLING

AND
THE GAME IS SLOWED DOWN

AND SHELLS DO NOT BOUNCE INFINITELY ANYMORE

3 HITS OFF A WALL
WEAPON IS GONE
>>
>>376826876
I like missions too. I also liked those online challenges they did with leaderboards instead of "lmao tournaments"
>>
>>376826806
Is not about graphics, is gameplay in general that ages badly.

Why people find a easy time getting into retro games more than early 3D games? Controls and gameplay in general, going from mario kart 8 to double dash or 64 feels bad because the experience is not smooth, you feel limited, uncomfortable, is a mix of many elements.
>>
>>376825890
Don't you have a scrabble game to attend to?
>>
File: 1493347012969.jpg (193KB, 952x810px) Image search: [Google]
1493347012969.jpg
193KB, 952x810px
64 and DS are the best
7 and 8D are alright
>>
>>376827032
Also a pet peeve that hurts me the most is that if you go to VS and set the items to "(X ITEM) only", first place can still get a coin.
>>
>>376826916
here is my rating scale

mk64> super mario kart > mkds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>double dash>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>every kart racer even the shittiest kart racing game from the ps1 and n64 era>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>neo nintendo mks
>>376827021
Here is a neo nintendoer in the flesh
>>
>>376827105
>double dash isn't smooth

????
>>
>>376827191
Take down mkds

put mk64 there

and put a generic ps1 racing game because they are better then anything that is modern

Modern is slowed down

Not fast
the weapons do not hit at all

It is just not fun at all.

It isnt about skill
It is about making a game fun to play and modern nintendo does exactly the opposite of that
>>
>>376827195
I do not mind in mk64 when they would get a star at first place. I think that is actually kinda neat
>>
You're just feeling nostalgia. It wasn't that good even back then and aged like hot milk.
>>
>>376827256
Is not, no car is light first, all of then feel like extremely heavy trucks (maybe base two characters are on a kart at a time still no excuse), acceleration feels akward, dashing feels slow and harder to pull for no reason so you see less of then.
>>
>>376827105
If you read the posts preceding the one I replied to, you'd notice the discussion was about the game's visuals aging poorly, not about gameplay.

That said, I also don't believe gameplay ages either. Your tastes might change, and you might experience better gameplay, but the older games never changed; you and your expectations of good gameplay did.
>>
>>376827379
ASRT is good, don't fool yourself.
I love MK64 to death, but ds is better.
>>
>>376827105
Set up MK64 with a modern controller it is more fun then everything nintendo has done in 15 years

The controls are not that bad people grew up with them and did just fine

Why the fuck do you have to bitch out because you cannot figure out what to do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxy-qjy_cGM
>>
ROB and his kart being the fastest
>>
>>376827208
that was a rating of the menu themes you retard
>>
>>376827462
t. Got star juggled by Japanese players just before the finish line after they let him pass.
>>
>>376826205
Jesus christ
>>
>>376827535
I am saying the worst kart racer from the ps1 or 64 era is better than any thing nintendo has produced past mk64

the only reason why it is being called the best is because it is the only game that would go against mario kart
It is not a fun game compared to classic games
the same problem that neo nintendo has

Ds aint better

game is slower
it is starting to do that super mario bounce off the walls and not fall off bullshit.

shells only hit like 5 times
>>
>>376827519
That the definition of gameplay aging through? Better gameplay overtaking the experience the old one provided, improving over it to provide more fun.
>>
>>376826806
>I'm not that guy, but games with distinct visual styles from that generation can still stand out today.

This isn't s called aging well
>>
>>376827652
well my point still stands
menu
or actually the fuckin game
>>
>>376827574
You guys are worse than the people that say Mario 64 is the best 3D Mario, pure fucking cancer, Mario Kart 64 is horrible by today standars, the game is not even 3D to bring with.
>>
>>376828047
In what way is SM64 not the better 3D mario?
>>
an asston of great tracks

mission mode

great roster

3 karts per character, with any character able to drive them

best handling/drifting in the series

item spam wasnt as bad as it is in 8 and Wii
>>
>>376827519
>but the older games never changed

That's not what aging means. Why do you autists who hate the term aging always say this. Of course games from the past don't change you drooling retard. It means what was impressive at the time that made for a good experience isn't impressive now. Plenty of old games that were celebrated back then are still impressive today. Plenty of celebrated games back then are not when revisited. Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>376824745
nostalgia
>>
>>376827875
Pure fucking cancer, why the 64 Era brought the largest amount of autistic kids, you only need to watch the half press button shit in Mario 64 to realize how high the 64 kids are, they are not rational beings.
>>
>>376828047
why play a game with dumbed down game mechanics when the only benefit i can get is better graphics when I think mk64 graphics looked perfect when they come out and new nintendo graphics look fucking retarded.

It is like you got to shoot your self in the hand to make mk fun because it is to easy and so dumbed down

Dumbed down= non fun gameplay
dumbed down= tedious gameplay and strict gameplay rules
dumbed down=convinces a whole generation that what happened in the past is bad that it is bad game design when in reality it is a better developed game

difficulty needs to make a comeback and kick any neo nintendoers in the assholes and good gameplay needs to make a comeback

everything is shit now
>>
I brought 3DS and was really disappointed that it didn't even have a vs mode.
>>
>>376828360
>That's not what aging means
That is actually what aging means.
>>
>>376825715
>be 15 12 years ago
>almost 30
>too young.
>>
>>376824745
heh, nice nostalgia nintendrumpf but you can't fool me, mk8 deluxe is the best the series has ever had
>>
>>376828456
Alright
Lets compare a few eras
Here is nintendo at their peak
Look how many people are complaining about a game being anything more then fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt4KG9ib8S4&t=217s

then we evolved a little bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtL5YnozEHU
new control schemes allowed you to be fucked up in a game

Lets look at neo nintendo

the bain of actually decent gameplay in a game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKiBTMbJU2k
>>
When we say Mario Kart DS is the best, it obviously doesn't include 8, because no one was dumb enough to buy a Wii U to play it. Nor a Switch.
You didn't buy a Wii U did you? Did you?
You aren't beta testing a Switch are you? Are you?
>>
>>376828865
mk8 is shit and you know it

Make nintendo great again by

Putting actual fun gameplay in it

Neo nintendo is corrupt with hand holding practices
>>
>>376828297
In what way is 64 better than any Mario Kart pass it? It does not even have good animations or controls.

Anyone can smell your nostalgia from miles away, you are so static and grounded by the game is sad, only with memories of half decent maps, while everibody else moved on to have fun on a game that is curse with sequels that are so good each generation it makes the last one feel worse, DS being the only exception mostly because of its amount of great content.

Fuck off 64 fanatic.
>>
>>376828706
No it's not. Maybe for wine but not for music, movies, games. Read my post
>>
In my day, posters didn't imbibe in DS trash. 4chan had taste.
>>
>>376829140
>faster
>can get out of stuff like slipping on a banana
>more then one animation aka one flip or one spin for being hit with items in the game
>can fall of the stage if you are fucking up in the game
>always a dude in the front and you always have to catch him instead of the guys letting you pass them in modern mario karts
>when you get hit with a turtle shell you roll around like a dice and it is random how much your going to spin which is better then ONE SPIN OR ONE FLIP neo nintendo lazy animation
>Shells hit for infinite til it hits something
>Show me a modern mk where you will shoot off a turtle and it will hit a guy 2 minutes after you shoot it
>no bullshit like flips
>or underwater or wall bullshit that kinda dumbs the game down even further
>all of the tracks are raceable there is no areas that make you have a period where you dont do anything at all
>>
It's easier to avoid the bullshit in DS.
>>
>>376829260
Its all the kids who grew up with ps2 and xbox and gc acting like their shit was the best when that is when games starting to lose their fun
>>
>>376825715
>Playing vidya at 30+ let alone posting on /v/ at 30+

Kys
>>
>>376828360
When you "age" wine you leave it to cultivate. Games and graphics are not the same, unlike language or other forms of media. They don't just change and get replaced by better features. It's just an excuse you use when your game is not popular, to say why something is better. The reason some old games are not revisited spiritually is because people's tastes change/get worse. Not being able to strafe or move diagonally in old games was a deliberate design choice because it would break the gameplay. Not because it aged. Etceterum can be applied to anything.

Morons like you just don't get that, and lace your posts with ad hominems to hide your ignorance.
>>
>>376829260
I been here since 2007, DS has always been praised as the best MK, even after 7 in 2012.

Is the influx of neckbeards that failed at life and are stuck here now remembering the old days that are trying to push it's title down.

They also have no money to play 8 so they will claim 64, the MK mom bough then for xmas is the best one.
>>
>>376829260
Mario Kart DS is the most played game of all time on 4chan. I'm pretty sure there was a time when you could make threads on /a/ or /co/ for instance. You don't remember how big it was because you weren't here.
>>
>>376829642
i have been here since 2004 and I think your full of dogshit
>>
>all this hate for MKDS
Best tracks, best karts, best drifting, best items, best battle mode, best online, best missions, best local multiplayer.
There isn't a better MK game.
>>
>>376829642
Why would I waste money on pointless gadgets? If anyone sounds poor here, it's you, grow up, move out, and stop mooching off autismbux like a NEET faggot
>>
>>376829189
I did.

You're attributing the changes in people, techniques, methods, tastes, etc, to changes in something digital. I just think you're thinking about it in the wrong way. Though, I suppose you think that of me as well.
>>
>>376829784
>shells bounce for 5 and break off the wall
Best items my ass
>>
>>376829784
>all this hate

It's just one or two dumbasses rebounding off each other.
>>
theres a ton of cool karts stuck in DS as well
its an absolute crime to cut shit like the poltergust and rambi kart which might as well be part of the characters
didn't bring back any of dry bones karts for deluxe both of which are cool looking
the digger was fucking stupid and i miss it
>>
Pride turned to arrogance. Ugly arrogance. Nintendo started to develop contempt for the gaming community. They felt as if they were being betrayed by the gamers they created. The marketing teams started to look at gamer focused strategies with ire and spite. says Mercury. The hardcore Nintendo audience was equally cast aside. Why bother? Theyre going to buy anything we put out anyway.
>>
>>376829075
While mk8 isn't the best, it isn't shit at all if you take it as a party game to play from times to times with friends (either online or not).
>>
File: 3251616.jpg (117KB, 1678x565px) Image search: [Google]
3251616.jpg
117KB, 1678x565px
>>376825325
>I fucking hate /v/'s hyperbole and sensationalism because it's just criminal
Oh the ironing.
>>
>>376829925
disappointed at the lack of novelty vehicles in 8, really hoped Deluxe would change that but NOPE
>>
>>376830039
I like dumbed down games so I will just name it a party game instead of acknowledging its flaws!

>neo nintendoers everyone

if you played a ps1 n64 kart racer redone in 2017 graphics you would see how shit the game is compared to the old games
>>
what did the "item" stat even do?
>>
>>376826045
>;)
>I'm in the majority
Not when you do shit like that newfag
>>
>>376824745
Better control, but that's it.
>>
>>376826306
first good post in the thread
>>
>>376826552
Leave your nostalgia aside. N64 farts are the worst, and the rest are more or less ont he same artistic level and in the same fucking style.
>>
It and 8 have the best feeling controls so they're automatically the best for that alone.
>>
>>376829516
>faster
What is 200c? Wich proves faster is not always better.
>can get out of stuff like slipping on a banana
I can destroy fucking blue shells now mother fucker
>more then one animation aka one flip or one spin for being hit with items in the game
Yet you defend a game that is not even 3D
>can fall of the stage if you are fucking up in the game
Like all mario kart? See guys, proof that 64 fags are the worst
>always a dude in the front and you always have to catch him instead of the guys letting you pass them in modern mario karts
What?, if you are behind you can use the wind pressure to beat him if you are smart, way better than static positioning jesus autism man
>when you get hit with a turtle shell you roll around like a dice and it is random how much your going to spin which is better then ONE SPIN OR ONE FLIP neo nintendo lazy animation
This proves you are simply a retard
>Shells hit for infinite til it hits something
Woo, at last, an actual argument, easily refuteable by the fact that people wanted LESS RNG in the game, so learn to aim buddy
>Show me a modern mk where you will shoot off a turtle and it will hit a guy 2 minutes after you shoot it
There none, and that guy most likely quit after getting hit, so 64 fags love RNG uh.
>no bullshit like flips
Hahaha are you serius???
>or underwater or wall bullshit that kinda dumbs the game down even further
What the actual fuck, let me guess, you hate flying too?
>all of the tracks are raceable there is no areas that make you have a period where you dont do anything at all
HAHAHA

Please guys, just ignore 64 fags, they are this bad.
>>
>>376828706
Yes retard. That's what everyone means. They mean the data on the disc is literally changing.
>>
>>376830346
First neo nintendo post in the thread
>>
>>376830246
>implying it wasn't purely to piss you off
>which completely worked
you're losing touch old timer
>>
>>376826871
it play 200cc but the tracks are properly made to support that.
>>
>>376824745
it's not, snaking is shit and the cars are unbalanced as fuck

take off the goggles.
>>
>>376829637
Games aren't wine.

People talk about albums and movies aging. Read my post
>>
>All these underage faggots thinking MK64 is the best just because it was the first one they played

MK64 is god-awful and always has been.
>>
It's better than 7 and 8, but not wii
>>
>single player content
>good roster
>skill-based mechanics
>d-pad control
>>
>>376830204
I played DS, 64, DD and Wii a lot (and 64 is the worst gameplay-wise btw), don't think that you can talk like shit to someone because he acknowledge the fact that a game YOU don't like can be enjoyed differently with a given situation.
Do you had to try the new battle mode ? Did you ever tried to play 200cc ? Did you ever tried to play this game with friends or with random people at a video game event ?
>>
File: k8zgla8y.png (70KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
k8zgla8y.png
70KB, 264x264px
>>376829784
>best online
Oh yeah, 4 whole players on a laggy as fuck match with cheaters left and right, using our WEP-key wireless for our shitty DS.
>>
>>376828360
>It means what was impressive at the time that made for a good experience isn't impressive now.
It's not a quality of the game but the quality of the player. The game didn't age, it's you perception of it that may have changed. So your word is simply idiotic.
>>
>>376830615
people who are underage now were not alive when mk64 came out
>>
>>376830435
Look at this neo nintendoer

He hasnt even played 64 yet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7e5OLMdqBk

the shells bounce forever
>>
>>376830871
No, you're still underage.
>>
>>376830780
>not being good enough at drifting to beat cheaters
Pleb alert
>>
>>376830871
Yes and they will argue to the death that their dumbed down game is better then a game that you can download in 5 minutes and play
>>
MK7 has the best track list. Moo Moo Meadows, Shy Guy Bazaar, and Neo Browser City are top tier.
>>
>>376830936
see
>>376830975
>>
>>376830936
where exactly is the threshold for underage then?
One year below yourself?
>>
>>376831047
Moo Moo Meadows AND Neo Bowser City are in MK8D.
>>
>>376824745
Tighter controls, and items weren't as broken as in 8

Just because the newest in the series isn't the best doesn't mean it's nostalgia. Mario Kart DS is patrician
>>
>>376830602
Music only ages by taste. Movies age because of language, technology, and derivativeness in story. Games are not movies. Saying they age is muddying the waters and invoking another argument about what makes a game which is not necessary if the person just admits they're wrong. It's just a Solomon Paradox. Can't handle being wrong so you self-destruct the debate by forcing this meme about aging.
>>
>>376826205
Holy shit. You're a moron.
>>
File: 1374345381583.png (11KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1374345381583.png
11KB, 633x758px
>you will never play 8 player mario kart ds with your classmates on a bus ride ever again
>>
>>376831149
>>376831149
Leave the old fart be.
>>
>>376824745
No its not fuck you. The graphics don't matter shit is completely irrelevant when talking about MK8 Deluxe.

Not only does MK8D feature 48 tracks the most in the series, it has 8 battle mode tracks and the biggest roster yet. All while having high visual fidelity and at 1080p 60 fps.

Fuck you for making me type this while I'm on the toilet.
>>
>>376824745
Probably because it was your first Mario Kart.
I feel the same when I think about Mario Kart 64.
>>
File: 1404040887972.png (223KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1404040887972.png
223KB, 400x505px
MK64 is trash. What the fuck are nostalgiaturds talking about? Yeah, I played when it was a kid, but it's a fucking horrible MK compared to later games.

Same goes for DS nostalgiafags. The drifting was broken shit. The only good thing about DS was the battle mode, and even then MK8D battle mode is superior.

Saying that ANY MK is better than MK8 is straight out nostalgiafag shitposting. Please get fucked.
>>
>>376829637
>Not being able to strafe or move diagonally in old games was a deliberate design choice because it would break the gameplay. Not because it aged. Etceterum can be applied to anything.

No faggot, you're the one projecting that on to me. I'm some ons who defends Monster Hunter controls as necessary to design, I'm someone who defends Resident evil tank controls as necessary to design, I see Deus ex as one of the more impressive games I've ever played, and it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people act like not having a modern feature makes an old game bad. It's shallow. But what annoys me more is fucks like you who pretend a game can't age. People who directly compare it to wine without realizing it's an absurd comparison. People use the term aged to describe all kinds of media, they always have. It's a thing.

Things that were celebrated at the time because they were novel do not hold up when revisited because they weren't that well designed in the first place. It was just the context of the period they released that made them so enjoyable. Goldeneye for n64 is a perfect example. I had nothing but fun with it as a kid and upon revisitstion it's just not good. It was novel to have a first person shooter on n64 with the bond license. It was well surpassed by its successors perfect dark and timesplitters that hold up better today.

>Morons like you just don't get that, and lace your posts with ad hominems to hide your ignorance.

Look at this irony. It's astounding.
>>
>>376831205
Movies effects age. Music recording quality age
>>
>>376826326
MKDS snaking is not good since it kills your hands. If you want a good snaking game play F-ZERO GX.
>>
I-It's nostalgia!!
I used to play MK64 and Super Circuit all the time before MKDS came out, it's just a better game.
>>
>>376831354
I don't care what you think. You've already articulated you don't know shit about video games so I'm not going to read your block of text. And when I called you a moron, I wasn't being rhetorical.
>>
>>376831291
>you will never find your grandmother take your gameboy quest 64 because of hell enemies, pokemon because of evolution, beastie boys album because of brass monkey the chunky monkey is teaching evolution, and a nes zapper gun and watch her make a pit of fire and she throws everything in a pit of fire and she laughs maniacally and says this is hell It is eternal fire and suffering for sins, you have sinned.
>>
>>376831494
Ha. Talk about self destructing a debate

Couldn't handle that second paragraph
>>
>>376826326
>Nintendo has been killing all their multiplayer series
>Switch has more multiplayer versatility than any other console before it
>Major new IPs are all multiplayer-focused
>Switch eShop filled to the brim with multiplayer
Sure.
>>
>>376831331
Pride turned to arrogance. Ugly arrogance. Nintendo started to develop contempt for the gaming community. They felt as if they were being betrayed by the gamers they created. The marketing teams started to look at gamer focused strategies with ire and spite. says Mercury. The hardcore Nintendo audience was equally cast aside. Why bother? Theyre going to buy anything we put out anyway.
>>
File: 250px-Mariohoops3on3_boxart.jpg (36KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mariohoops3on3_boxart.jpg
36KB, 250x224px
Fuck that OP, this is the patrician choice for a Mario DS game. This is not debatable.
>>
>>376831454
Took about 150 posts for this post

Man you guys are slow today
but

/thread
>>
I genuinely do not believe anyone would unironically defend snaking. It takes no skill and is just annoying as fuck to do.
>>
>>376831654
Oh here we go with corporate meme patrician vs pleb

When your a pleb to all consumerism and every corporation makes you its bitch every fucking day
>>
>>376827191
>MKDS
>CTR
Play a good game instead like Mickey Speedway fag.
>>
>>376830778
So you never played 64

Ok onto the next bullshit spouting dumbed down gaming brainwashed zombie
>>
>>376831737
t. funky bike player
>>
>>376830957
>Playing DS online
>One cheater in a 3 player room
>Spams stars endlessly
>Get to Rainbown Road
>ohyis
>Eurobeat lvs of drifting
>Cheater cant keep up with his item spam cause he sucks at everything
>Last Lap,right before the finishing line
>Cheater starts spamming thunders
>Still win
>He Ragequits
Best feeling
>>
>>376831737
>awards you for high consistency
>somehow takes no skill
It's enough of a reason for someone to defend it, that's the exact same kind of thing as L-cancelling in Melee
>>
>>376831770
That's all well and good, but that's not an argument against Mario hoops
>>
>>376825715
I think it's bed time for you gramps.
Lay off the computer, old man.
>>
>>376825376
The funny thing is only underage Nintendo babies that are starved for games think mk8 is anything other than garbage
>>
>>376832000
YEP

TO BAD DURING THE N64 ERA THEY HAD OTHER GAMES BESIDES MARIO KART THAT YOU COULD PLAY

THIS GAME ALONE IS BETTER THAN ALL MKS PAST 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziXDpK4slN8
>>
>>376825715
Only an underage autist would give a shit
>>
>>376831878
>So you never played 64
The autism is strong here.
Well, instead of talking like a dick you should go back to your fantastic game and enjoy that slow as fuck rainbow road and those annoying driving sound effects that overlapse the music.
But hey, at least the banana forces the camera to makes it looks like that it's a fast game
>>
>>376832183
my fucking nigga

the n64 in general was great for fun racing games
>>
>>376827965
Learn English
>>
>>376831737
I don't think anybody does? At least not in this thread from what I gather. Mario Kart DS was my favorite until 8 came out, and then 8D made a few improvements on it. Played Double Dash recently and it didn't feel good to control at all, haven't played N64 in over a decade and the Wii one didn't feel great to me either. It doesn't help how fucking ugly MKWii is as well.

DS felt great to play but online was full of jank shit like snaking and cheaters. Local multiplayer was great though, even with just a single cart it had a lot going for it.
>>
>>376832000
So contrarian xD
>>
>>376824745
MK DS was the absolute SHIT my nigga. Wii and 7 were meh, 8 was good, and 8 deluxe is great, but nothing will ever be better than DS
>>
>>376831331
T. Retarded Nintendo fanboy starved for games
Sorry you regret buying a switch but won't admit it
>>
>>376832982
Nice meme!
>>
>>376832761
Just having an opinion, something you hivemind retards know nothing about
>>
>>376833006
>I can't accept this is the truth
>Better call it a meme!
Lmao
>>
FACT: Coin is the best item in MK8 and if you don't realize this you are shit at the game.
>>
>>376833232
I wish I could be as contrarian as you are xD
>>
>>376833341
I like your memes anon :3c
>>
>>376832442
Yeah with that skill I will be able to have ocd enough to re organize different consumer slave products perfectly all over the place

Learn that!
>>
Someone explain to me why MK8D isn't the best in the series.
>>
>>376834518
Double items sucks, way too much chaos
Item chances are the most imbalanced with there being literally no skill involved now
Worst drifting in the series
It's got the worst character select besides vanilla 8
It's 60 bucks for a game most people already played
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.