[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate to break it to you /v/ but Twin Snakes was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 250px-Ttsbox.jpg (25KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ttsbox.jpg
25KB, 250x350px
I hate to break it to you /v/

but Twin Snakes was better
>>
It sucks so much you have to tell yourself that.

Everyone knows the PS1 version was the best.
>>
Why would you hate to break an opinion to somebody?
>>
>>376822223

t. Sony buttboi mad that the graphically definitive version of one of their "exclusives" is on a nintendo platform and was redeveloped by gaijins.

Say what you will about the wacky cutscene changes and first person mode breaking the difficulty there is reason why whenever MGS1 gets ported it's always the PS1 version. And thanks to Konami despite having the FOX engine to easily remake the game even better the best we'll ever see is pachinko parlor cutscenefests.
>>
>>376822139
Before I reply with my counter point, let me flip this gun for 5 minutes.
>>
>>376822139
I hate to break it to you.

But you're right.
>>
>>376822223
MMMMMM I LOVE THESE GRAPES
>>
>You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
>the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
>the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
>The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
>The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
>The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.

Yeah, sooo much ""better"" indeed.
And to be honest? The Twin Snakes also looks fugly. Everything's just gray and cyan now, ruining the cold and dark industrial mood the original has. And the 3D models look waxy.
>>
>>376823471

>You start with maximum HP and ammo cap, instead of "leveling up" after each boss fight.
higher difficulties mitigate this anyway
>the new voice acting and soundtrack suck.
OST is fine and gee i rove my ching chong paramedic
>the new localization sucks ass, and is pretty much direct Jap-to-English shit now.
it was more direct but some would argue it is more "faithful" that way but you can have an entire thread about localization choices in games and media in general.
>The MGS2 controls and moves, in unaltered MGS1 environments and enemy placements = the game becomes piss easy. The bossfights took the biggest hit, since you can now simply snipe them with your handgun.
boss fights were never hard to start with outside of Sniper Wolf
>The added Dogtag collecting has no purpose at all, unlike in MGS2.
because ghost hunting was so much better. I LOVE HAVING SEVERAL FULL MEMORY CARDS OF PHOTOS!
>The cutscenes are way too fucking crazy, being filled with 5 meter 360 double backflips and Matrix slowmotion. Oh, and tons of added "humor", which just ruins the characters and mood.
It's "The Legend". Kojima explained it in development. The PS1 is how it went down for real while Twins Snakes is the embellished legend told by others. I know it's bullshit but that was how it was justified.
>>
>>376823471
>Added "humor"
That's natural for metal gear, though.
I'm with you on everything else.

>>376824065
>higher difficulties mitigate this anyway
You aren't supposed to be found or to shoot everyone even if you play on harder difficulties.
>>
>>376822139
I liked it but good god is it not better

The voice acting is worse across the board, everyone really phoned it in.
The game now has facial animations and lip sync but they put zero effort into them so everyone looks botoxed to fuck.
The new gameplay changes are totally pointless since the maps are exactly the same. All they do is make it easier.
The cutscenes are fucking retarded, and I say this as a fan of Ryuhei Kitamura. There's nothing compelling about Snake when he can backflip around like a power ranger and dodge bullets like Neo.
>>
>>376822139

why does it matter when they're both shit
>>
>>376822139
Less "The Best Is Yet To Come" =worse game
>>
>>376825007
I like Liquid's voice in TTS.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.